Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:29:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What do you think about airdrop that required apps install?  (Read 672 times)
thedarksun

Activity: 639
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:08:49 PM

I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?
It just depends, we need to remember that not all of aps or anything, that "teams" which are looking after coins/ tokens, are scams, sometimes we need to risk something to gain anything, that is how our market is working.
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Yurkov

Activity: 1463
Merit: 265

Pepemo.vip

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 07:54:56 PM

I found a project offering an airdrop but required participants to download and install their mobile app. The app is newly made with only few hundreds download and I don't think I'll ever use it.

Is it too risky?

i don't have interest such project because most of the project that requires App's are not good. although some airdrops are also good but those good once can not give you reasonable and exchangeable token.
In some part you are right that most of those coins are not that valuable and sometimes we are just getting tokens that haven't got any value or could not be sell but we need to remember that not every air has the same and sometimes it is not a bad idea to just risk some time to gain some nice tokens.

quarkyplum

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 10, 2018, 08:13:51 PM

Some are good but some are really terrible. IMO, I don't like airdrop especially airdrop require installing moblie app like this. Of course I don't know if it's a safe app to download or not cause it can contain viruses so I can lose all my important documents in my phone. Beside if it's a safe app to download so I think it's a good way to eliminate airdrop cheaters Smiley.
Clemente18

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 07:21:29 PM

Always similar requests cause concerns to me. In one airdrop asked to give them passport details with a photo. I didn't begin to do it. Say that the companies which request information maximum always pay. Whether so it?
palermofc

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:42:50 PM

I don't recommend downloading apps that don't have trustable authors. Bounty tokens doesn't worth being hacked.
litolapis1

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:36:23 AM

Is it too risky?

Now a days airdrops are not trusted enough to ads and apps. Dont dare to appreciate those request it will hit you up at rhe end. Most of rhe airdrops are not legits it will brings you viruses to your gadgets from there apps. Read and research everything before youn decide. Goodluck to you.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 03:47:22 AM

I don't recommend downloading apps that don't have trustable authors. Bounty tokens doesn't worth being hacked.

I am also cautious when it comes to downloading some apps to receive some tokens. I have seen a lot of times that some people would download apps and later on being hacked. I only choose those airdrops that only require an ethereum address because at least I don't need to download anything. I only choose the airdrops that I join though because there are times when the team is scam and just want to have any information like e-mail address to sell it to other people that needs the addresses.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
CryptoPowerL

Activity: 358
Merit: 29

ASO Service

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:22:53 PM

The application store (Google play / AppStore) checks the programs for the presence of the marquee codes. It's quite normal that developers ask to install the application on their device, it raises statistics for them
Koadharber

Activity: 1065
Merit: 510

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 03:31:33 PM

I am also cautious when it comes to downloading some apps to receive some tokens. I have seen a lot of times that some people would download apps and later on being hacked. I only choose those airdrops that only require an ethereum address because at least I don't need to download anything. I only choose the airdrops that I join though because there are times when the team is scam and just want to have any information like e-mail address to sell it to other people that needs the addresses.
Everything should be cautious on that they are randomly downloading online because once you do make a careless move then it would surely cost you money because you do lose funds either would be hacked or having downloading a malware or keylogger.
Sometimes when there are aidrops that do required app installation i do usually skip and move into other airdrop.I dont bother myself to claim those tokens no matter how many it would be.
cryptoQueez

Activity: 50
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 04:53:20 PM

The application store (Google play / AppStore) checks the programs for the presence of the marquee codes. It's quite normal that developers ask to install the application on their device, it raises statistics for them

I wouldnt. I know people who did and sometime later, their MEW gets hacked. I dont know if it's related, however, but it is a weird it happened shortly after 
AlekseyCrypto

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:28:36 PM

It is very dangerous, your phone can steal your data and infect it with a virus. I would not recommend to perform such airdrop. It is probably a Scam.
Sergo Grigo

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 05:36:08 PM

I think that downloading the application on your mobile phone from an unknown manufacturer for the sake of airdrop tokens is too risky. Perhaps this application contains a virus that steals personal data, so I would recommend not to download this application.
anti76

Activity: 730
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:05:32 PM

I do not advise you to do this. Now, there are many applications that can be spyware. After that you can lose your data and very regret about this
Teodiff

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 08:16:51 PM

It might be dangerous and it can be a hassle for new users.
But it is the way for a real adoption which again depends on the quality of the product.
DanWalker

Activity: 1932
Merit: 544

We are all the pieces of what we remember.

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 01:38:39 PM

It seems to me very risky, because you can infect your device with malware. After all, you can not be completely sure that the application is without malware. I would not download the application to a device where I have passwords from wallets and exchanges.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
jojovalentia

Activity: 80

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:35:16 PM

I'd rather avoid them, I won't install anything from which I don't know anything about, if you install it on your phone you may be prone to information leaks that could go really bad for you.
KpopLord

Activity: 98
Merit: 6

View Profile
August 10, 2018, 06:39:13 AM

Is it too risky?
It is too risky because it may get malware to your devices and it can also get personal information of yours. However, there are airdrop that you need to install app but they are reliable and trustworthy. Before joining airdrop, get a background information about the airdrop manager and the purpose of that coin and other information that will help you to determine whether the airdrop is not risky.
Serious475

Activity: 574
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 02:51:36 PM

Is it too risky?

Yes, it is risky to download apps for the sake of altcoins. We do not know if the app that you will download is safe to your phone. Based on the number of downloads, I think that app is not a good app to download. Once you download the app, the app might have advertisements. Instead of you earning money, the company/team will earn more than you because of the advertisements.
Xxmodded

Activity: 2254
Merit: 309

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:01:47 PM

Is it too risky?

certainly risky, so you should try to research it and find out
but in my experience, there are many airdrops that do the same method, not all of them are bad there are some good ones. well so you have to research it

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
bitgoldpanther1978

Activity: 381
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 11, 2018, 03:08:16 PM

Definitely a bad idea. Definitely a scam. It is a must not to join in this kind of airdrop. We may never know what lies behind the apps. There might be malwares or spywares included or any kind of modus that can get important information from your device.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: