Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:45:29 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin?  (Read 1133 times)
Chaser35

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:18:52 PM

Because Ethereum does not show a normal rise, they think of Ethereumun Bitcoini, but personally Neo coin seems to have flown Ethereum because Ethereum did not show such a rise in same value.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
matsusomoto

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:21:14 PM

Because most of the people are tired of getting along with bitcoin's price manipulations,ethereum has less manipulations plus it has a better price stability than bitcoin,also it has a good platform which offers smartcontracts and d-apps so if these investors make up their mind and choose to have more stable cryptocurrency it would be ethereum,not bcash nor any other shitcoin.

madtea

Activity: 294

View Profile
February 19, 2018, 06:23:58 PM

I don't think Bitcoin going to sink easily. But I don't know what to look forward to, just hope that other people buy it more?
With ethereum I get excited about technological updates, new tokens, decentralized internet...
batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:36:40 AM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.
Not anymore, its main dev is spreading a statement that crypto can nearly go zero so many will surely pull out their funds on ETH.
But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin,
I never thought that ETH will overcome bitcoin in terms of market cap, they have their own differences and pro's and con's too.
And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.
If bitcoin fails, the crypto industry/market will fail.
My way of thinking is the same as you, if bitcoin fail then crypto market will fail too. Can be seen that has happened if the price of bitcoin down then another altcoin including ethereum will go down as well. So, nothing can be expected from altcoin that will replace bitcoin. Questions like this will be very easy to answer by someone who every day see the development of the price of crypto.
We have seen that before when bitcoin went through a big dip, the altcoins followed it. Those people who are keep on talk with their altcoin that will replace bitcoin, they are have big trust to their bet. But for us who are into bitcoin, we have confidence that it will not be taken over by some altcoin out there. As LN will be implemented soon and Segwit has starting to be adopted on this moment, fees are getting lower and transactions are getting faster so there's no sense of thinking its overtake.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 02:44:09 AM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

ETH is already securing it's place as the king of crypto.
The only reason why bitcoin is king, is because it is really the only one that is entirely liquidable.  What that means is that it has many avenues of converting it to fiat.  Also all altcoins trade with btc.
BTC definitely earned it's place though, just google something like, "History of btc value."  Bitcoin has been through a lot and is still alive and kicking.

ETH has already become almost as liquidable as btc though.  There are many avenues to change it to real money and on coinmarketcap it is starting to display values based on ether as well.  The one thing that is missing is a widely used p2p platform to change ether to $$$. (bitcoin has localbitcoins for example, kind of like an amazon or ebay for btc).

ETH is also becoming widely tradeable with just about any altcoin.
But the real big reason of ETH becoming #1, is that the ETH network is MASSIVE and continuing to grow.
Nothing can touch that right now, even "better" platforms like neo.
The better the network the stronger the platform itself.

But with that being said, I believe btc will still be king for another year.

btcluisdiki

Activity: 448

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 02:54:50 AM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

ETH is already securing it's place as the king of crypto.
The only reason why bitcoin is king, is because it is really the only one that is entirely liquidable.  What that means is that it has many avenues of converting it to fiat.  Also all altcoins trade with btc.
BTC definitely earned it's place though, just google something like, "History of btc value."  Bitcoin has been through a lot and is still alive and kicking.

ETH has already become almost as liquidable as btc though.  There are many avenues to change it to real money and on coinmarketcap it is starting to display values based on ether as well.  The one thing that is missing is a widely used p2p platform to change ether to $$$. (bitcoin has localbitcoins for example, kind of like an amazon or ebay for btc).

ETH is also becoming widely tradeable with just about any altcoin.
But the real big reason of ETH becoming #1, is that the ETH network is MASSIVE and continuing to grow.
Nothing can touch that right now, even "better" platforms like neo.
The better the network the stronger the platform itself.

But with that being said, I believe btc will still be king for another year.

It is purely speculation and I think they are entitled for their opinion. For the many people in this forum who had clearly understand the dynamics of bitcoin, I personally believe that ETH will not surpass bitcoin. Considering on the fast increase in momentum of bitcoin price value currently, ETH may able to progressively increase but it cannot match what bitcoin had achieved. ETH percentage increase in the price value is mostly halfway of BTC and definitely not comparable for now.

wiik

Activity: 293
Merit: 12

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:07:01 AM

Its imply because ETH gained massive price and market cap . It is much faster than Bitcoin too . And more project rely on the ETH Blockchain . Which give more support to ETH price . But i personally think it cant overcome bitcoin since it like the father of cryptocurrency .

Bitcoin may lose some market cap for weeks / months but it will be back with bigger support after . It has been the cycle for many years already . ETH on the other hand made some steady growth and sat around $1k for few month . ETH will be no.2 next only to Bitcoin . But who knows , maybe theyre right about bitcoin being overtaken by ETH . Only time will tell .  Grin GrinBTC

Mallampue

Activity: 765
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:08:27 AM

Do not believe dude that ETH can beat bitcoin in the future
Bitcoin is the king and ETH is altcoin and the total supply is different too.
linshisui38

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 03:19:42 AM

There is some truth to this rumor, and now ETH is widely used, but don't forget that bitcoin is the king of cryptography, no substitute, he is the first. ETH is only the second.
rajatjain

Activity: 210
Merit: 16

Decentralize $15-Trillion Global Trade Industry

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:38:41 AM

There is a less likelihood of that happening. We know ethereum has its own market, the market of ico's. But ethereum grew mostly because of the ability to buy different ico's through and through ethereum only. There was no coin which was being launched on another platform and there didn't exist any platform either. Now we see many such as neo, waves and many more blockchains in line which are supporting creation of coins on a particular network. The cryptokitty game showed how easy it is to clog a ethereum network. Ethereum will sure surpass the growth percentage but because it is pegged to bitcoin and bitcoin is not pegged to ethereum, whenever ethereum will run, bitcoin will run on a similar pattern though might be slower. Competitors for ethereum are ready to convince ico's to instead launch using their platform and while erc 223 is good, people have many more qualms with ethereum.

sazon84

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:44:34 AM

I do not understand why there should be competition between these coins.  Both ETH and bitcoin occupy their niche in the crypto-currency world.  Why compare them.  These are completely different technologies.  I do not think that in the near future ETH will cost as much as bitcoin.  The cost of ETH is growing more smoothly, without strong leaps.

ETERBASE             Europe's Premier             ETERBASE
——————  Digital Asset Exchange  ——————
  Whitepaper    Telegram Twitter Discord      Announce 
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:47:59 AM

ETH have long way to go before it can match bitcoin's power. Bitcoin will always be the leader of the cryptoworld and there is no other altcoins that can surpass bitcoin while its presence is still around.

Gridness
Copper Member

Activity: 358
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 03:50:34 AM

maybe it's just an issue that's been made to get a lot of people to see what is ethereum and if many enthusiasts are looking for eth it will definitely rise in price.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 05:39:20 AM

I think it's just a rumor. As far as I know, Eth will continue to be under Bitcoin. Pay attention to Eth's price movement, when Bitcoin price increases, Eth can follow Bitcoin price movement, but its presentation is very far with bitcoin, because Eth's popularity is very different from Bitcoin.
Vart4varta

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:07:36 AM

And why not - if any Bitcoin cash could reach up to 4000, then the worse the powerful platform Ethereum, over which a serious team is working and where billions of dollars are invested.
Olivia_Nielsin

Activity: 98

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:23:42 AM

Do not believe dude that ETH can beat bitcoin in the future
Bitcoin is the king and ETH is altcoin and the total supply is different too.
I agree that these two currencies are completely different and attempts to equalize them do not make sense.
JesVarez

Activity: 295

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:28:25 AM

They both have their good and bad things. I can see ETH being safely the 2nd best Crypto out there, but I think it will take time, even years for it to become bigger than Bitcoin, given all the crypto popularity of BTC. Its all speculation and rumors, but I do see a future on ETH.
Casmania

Activity: 390

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:45:55 AM

I may have to disagree for now regarding ETH to overcome bitcoin because if we will have to do comparison in the current market price value, ETH is still very far from BTC. I also happened to observed that for every percentage increase of ETH, it is usually halfway of the precentage increase of BTC. However, if will consider the comparsion in long term basis, there is a potential chance but too early for now that ETH might surpass BTC at this current state.
Hoenir

Activity: 70

View Profile
February 20, 2018, 06:48:18 AM

Eth has a different perspective. It's in Smart Contract coins group , So Eth will rise, price will become more higher in 1-2 years.
Inn0vative1
Copper Member

Activity: 68

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2018, 06:51:08 AM

Ethereum has a lot more real-world use cases than Bitcoin. Ethereum, by being a platform and infrastructure means that a lot more can be done with it than with Bitcoin. For example, Ethereum has positioned itself as the platform on which other blockchain products can be launched. The sheer number of new cryptocurrencies and ICOs being launched on the Ethereum network is the proof of this. This translates into higher demand for Ethereum, thus higher price.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: