Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 08:14:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin?  (Read 1133 times)
samward

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:58:57 AM

BTC is respected as the first mover in the blockchian space, but when it comes to usefulness, i will always agree with people saying that ETH will overtake BTC, how true or false that statement, only time will tell, thats it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: mining our own business since 2009" -- Pieter Wuille
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CelsoJr

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:00:17 AM

maybe its because its from their perspective that they think that ethereum will surpass bitcoin. some may think because people around them are using ethereum. but the real thing behind it is that bitcoin will always remain on top. this is because it is the main foundation of everything.
yugyug

Activity: 616
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:28:54 AM

In terms of marketcap BTC is still the king but in terms of functionality ETH is the best. Bitcoin is irreplaceable for being the top cryptocurrency demand in the market. Many erc-20 compatible tokens are traded with eth but most eth market are traded with bitcoin. So bitcoin is the base of all coins.
LevaZ

Activity: 69

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:17:24 AM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.
Well, the people for so many reasons then, besides, I have a lot of what these people agree. Ethereum began to use too much in what industries, won in France the network of computer stores began to accept payment in ETH, in the medical blockchain use...So he has every chance of prevzoyti btc.
sotoshihero

Activity: 850
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:47:04 AM

In terms of marketcap BTC is still the king but in terms of functionality ETH is the best. Bitcoin is irreplaceable for being the top cryptocurrency demand in the market. Many erc-20 compatible tokens are traded with eth but most eth market are traded with bitcoin. So bitcoin is the base of all coins.

Yes, it is this functionality that makes bitcoin more valuable than bitcoin. Ethereum has its Dapps that creates demands for Ethereum, since its ethereum that is needed to send tokens in the form of GAS. Bitcoin has a bigger following too since its a pioneer crypto.
AgatioX

Activity: 546
Merit: 105

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:53:42 AM

Recently I am hearing some rumors or words that, Eth will beat bitcoin sooner or later.But I don't think so and I totally disagree with it. Bitcoin is Bitcoin, And Eth is like after Bitcoin, If bitcoin fall then eth will fall too. Then how can people think that ETH can Overcome Bitcoin? What do you think About this? Share your thoughts.

I was thinking Eth can overcome BTC too.
But lately I have doubts about that due to Casper centralized features.
abnoy

Activity: 286

Global Risk Exchange - gref.io

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:01:15 AM

i guess it because bitcoin high price so that people start comparing ethereum to bitcoin and ethereum got high price this year

▐▐ █     GRE   ≣   GLOBAL RISK EXCHANGE     █ ▌▌
━━  ((     Whitepaper     |     ANN Thread     ))  ━━
Telegram       Medium       Facebook       Twitter       Github
akmittal

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:06:13 AM

No doubt Bitcoin is Bitcoin but Ethereun is performing very good and is more stable than Bitcoin. Ethereum is becoming more and more popular. In future Ethereum can overcome Bitcoin.
lumeire
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1009

Next-Gen Trade Racing Metaverse

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:07:51 AM

I was thinking Eth can overcome BTC too.
But lately I have doubts about that due to Casper centralized features.

You're like comparing apples and oranges with this one. Although yes there is a correlation between the price of each, and one affects the other, BTC and ETH covers different niches - BTCBTCBTC for now is more of a tool to transfer value (remittances etc) and more of a speculatory medium whilst ETH is more for dapps and smart contract applications. ETH is more of an infrastructure rather than a medium.

▄▄████████▄▄           ▄▄████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████▄▄   ▄▄████████████████▄▄
  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████  ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄
 ▄█████▀            ▀█  ▄█████▀            ▀█████▄
▄█████▀                ▄█████▀    ▄▄        ▀█████▄
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▄▄     ▐█████
█████▌                 █████▌     ████▀▀     ▐█████
▀█████▄      ▄▄▄      █████▀      ▀▀        ▄█████▀
 ▀█████▄▄   █████    █████▀  █▄            ▄█████▀
  ▀██████████████ ██████▀▀  █████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▀
    ▀▀███████████ ████▀    ▀▀████████████████▀▀
        ▀▀███████ ▀▀           ▀▀████████▀▀
            ▀███▀
|
..NEXT-GEN TRADE RACING METAVERSE..
|   WEBSITE   |   TELEGRAM   |   TWITTER   |   MEDIUM   |
►►  Powered by
BOUNTY
DETECTIVE
Abarov

Activity: 448
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:13:04 AM

No doubt Bitcoin is Bitcoin but Ethereun is performing very good and is more stable than Bitcoin. Ethereum is becoming more and more popular. In future Ethereum can overcome Bitcoin.
Recently, I thought so too. But now I have a different opinion. They will tie smart contracts.
I'm just waiting for the exchanges to lower the commission for translations of the BTC.
Aster

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:16:39 AM

i agree with you bitcoin will never overcome bitcoin because ETH is an altcoin and all altcoin is depend on bitcoin. when bitcoin go down then all altcoin also ETH  will go down.
pucunghul

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:18:34 AM

yes so far, it's like that happens. but, if eth has a lot of progress in the future that is more innovative and useful. not a coincidence can compete with bitcoin.

jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:46:10 AM

ETH is the closest challenger at the top but will not overcome Bitcoin anytime soon. its only the speed and transaction cost that it has over BTC but the rest BTC is better, besides ETH is only second best coz most Allts use its technology to launch  while BTC is very independent.

BQ

Activity: 616
Merit: 53

CoinMetro - the future of exchanges

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 07:57:57 AM

when we leave bitcoin as the primary trading pair I think bitcoin will start dropping,
only because bitcoin was first doesn't make it the best. bitcoin is what most people has heard of, but in time that will change.
what's the point of bitcoin, currently it's slow and expensive to transfer, it's not viable as a currency (atm).
isn't it just a 'storage of value'?

5 EUR free crypto on signup! XCM exchange token ⚜⚜⚜  CoinMetro - Copy Trading - Margin - 0% maker fee  ⚜⚜⚜ - generate €500 volume in July for a chance to win €100!
zander09

Activity: 546

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:02:50 AM

That can be happen but I think it will be hard or it takes time, because bitcoin is the most popular coin than ethereum , in my country some people know bitcoin but not ethereum.
lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:06:41 AM

if you realize at this time very much ICO is made based on smart contract Ethereum certainly this could trigger Ethereum price increase because they will buy Ethereum to participate in ICO.
alian17

Activity: 448

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 08:07:15 AM

I think the development of ETH will go beyond bitcoin, because ETH's intelligent contract will be widely applied, and bitcoin is just an encrypted account without practical application support. So it's likely to surpass bitcoin in the future

Neutro               More than a blockchain
          Join The WHITELIST         
Telegram     Twitter     Linkedin     Github     Medium
SeXy

Activity: 364

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:20:49 AM

Ethereum will not drop after bitcoin because bitcoin has many problems that become worse with time, it will become unprofitable to use, this will affect ethereum only because of the news background
Troysen

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:21:04 AM

People view the close Market cap ETH has on BTC and the fact that its the second most popular crypto as possible reasons as why ETH will overcome BTC, this however will not be the case as Bitcoin is more independent as compared to ETH which has probably gained fame through the ICOs using its platform. I don't think ETH will overcome BTC as the top coin.
Ailmand

Activity: 1274
Merit: 519

Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 08:27:41 AM

I think one of the key features of Ethereum that gives it a good chance or being in the same ball park as Bitcoin or maybe even higher is the fact that it is so enduring and reliable. If you remember those times when most altcoins are going down and the market is really going haywire; notice that Ethereum had no significant news of sharply dumping in value even then. That goes to show how strong Ethereum is, having the capacity to actually endure during those dire times. It's slow approach in gaining value proved to be helpful because it has been its secret as to why many users trust it as a cryptocurrency.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: