Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:15:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: I want to learn coding / with blockchain whats the best language?  (Read 718 times)
nullius
Copper Member

Activity: 630
Merit: 2610

If you don’t do PGP, you don’t do crypto!

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 04:19:59 AM

Awww geez... I think that's a good post, a two merit post.  Nice job!

I geez because I hit the back button on the page and accidently resent the same post merit again.

There is no way that is a four merit post!   Wink

Code:
#ifdef	OFFTOPIC
Don’t feel bad.  A rare +4 from you inadvertently places you in good company with other known merit-ultraconservatives, including +10 from Lauda (twice), +3 from gmaxwell, and +1 from gmaxwell.
Code:
#endif /* OFFTOPIC */

Apropos the topic, Vod, I think your advice would likely be meritorious on the subject of learning to write code which handles Other People’s Money.  Such a post by you would also repair the cosmic imbalance caused by your erroneous profligacy with merit.  Please, Vod Sir, help readers become enlightened by your experience on the topic.

I here stand guilty of high-quality-post farming and begging.  Why, I am so heinous that I offer to trade merit for a high-quality topical post!  Let the bizarro DD (Default Distrust) scammers and spammers now red-tag me.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kamaevoleg

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:06:37 AM

I would prefer JavaScript too. Lisk for example will implement their sidechains in the near future (Q3 this year). Once they did, you can write your own code for your own blockchain. Check out their new website https://lisk.io/.

★ ★ ★ ★ ★   DeepOnion  ✔  Anonymous and Untraceable Cryptocurrency  ✔  TOR INTEGRATED & SECURED   ★ ★ ★ ★ ★
› › › › ›  JOIN THE NEW AIRDROP ✈️    ★    ✔ VERIFIED WITH DEEPVAULT  ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹ ‹
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  WHITEPAPER  FACEBOOK  TWITTER  YOUTUBE  FORUM   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ridertiger

Activity: 490
Merit: 110

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:13:53 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2018, 12:32:59 PM by ridertiger

I see from your answers that you are a programmer and you have 10 years of experience. I think that makes all the other answers trying to scare you invalid.
You can learn Solidity to come up with a token, which is the most logical thing to do at this point because Solidity developers are highly sought out these days and they are very expensive.
I find this to be a good source of information to start with:
https://medium.com/@ConsenSys/a-101-noob-intro-to-programming-smart-contracts-on-ethereum-695d15c1dab4
Here is a sandbox for you to play with, which I find easier than reading pages and pages of documents:
https://remix.ethereum.org/#optimize=false&version=soljson-v0.4.19+commit.c4cbbb05.js
And finally, here is a smart contract you can copy and paste, and you can change the stuff from there:
https://etherscan.io/address/0xeb9951021698b42e4399f9cbb6267aa35f82d59d#code

Alternatively, you can generate tokens using the neo platform with C++ but they are not really popular yet.

KeithHopkin

Activity: 91
Merit: 5

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 09:37:40 PM

you should learn programming languages first i.e python and js
gua86402

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2018, 11:05:05 PM

I recommend four languages for reference only!

JAVA development language

C++ development language

GO development language

Solidity development language.
Durison

Activity: 28

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 07:47:49 AM

I would say coding is a very special skillset at this very moment of time. Crypto is the greatest shift of wealth since mankind in my opinion. I thought it was interesting that some coders figured out how to prevent hacking in this specific article. The future for blockchain is incredible security Smiley

https://news.bitcoin.com/hack-proof-security-centric-phone-built-in-bitcoin-wallet/?utm_source=OneSignal%20Push&utm_medium=notification&utm_campaign=Push%20Notifications
mattcode
Copper Member

Activity: 282
Merit: 31

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 09:20:36 AM
Merited by nullius (1)

You could learn Solidity and develop smart contracts on Ethereum network... It's like JS, pretty ease to learn.

Solidity is an awful language, both for beginners and experienced developers. It is full of traps and strange quirks. See the Parity multisig bug. If one of Ethereum's founders can't get it right, how is anybody else meant to?
taichiswag

Activity: 73

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:26:25 PM

Initiate your learning with JS it is easier than others and more flexible
nicosey

Activity: 347
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 10:21:49 AM

Python more or less looks likes the English language...
darkarchon88

Activity: 44

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 05:59:57 PM

I think most programming language can be used to create blockchain. Easy language such as JS/Python is recommended, but I suggest you to learn a little bit about C/C++ and you also need to learn about hashing Algorithm.
pawanjain

Activity: 2674
Merit: 713

Nothing lasts forever

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:32:37 PM

I have recently joined an IT firm and through my experience I can say you that if you have the passion to learn coding then it won't be difficult for you to understand how its done. The first and foremost thing you need to do is learn the basics of coding and the logic needed ro solve problems. Once you do this, you can select any of the languages of your choice to start coding and practice the problems level by level. I would suggest you to start with python and then c followed by c++ and then java. Once you learn all these you will know what to do next. It will surely take time, at least 6 months for you to get on the track.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
lionelho

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 08:22:29 AM

Go or C. Considering using a more modern language, I will prefer to GO between these two.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
Valuyet

Activity: 168
Merit: 29

Digital Wealth Management Platform

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 02:24:55 PM

These days, most programming language can be used to create blockchain. Easy language such as JS/Python is recommended, but personally i recommend you to learn more complex language such as C++ or C# to have better programming knowledge and you could have easier time when you want to learn another language. You also need to learn at least basic cryptography knowledge.

Also, if you have plan to make blockchain which is similar with Bitcoin, i strongly recommend you to read this book Mastering Bitcoin, 2nd Edition.

In my college days, learning C/C++ at the start will equip us on better understanding the structure of programming languages, so, if you do start learning C/C++ - learning another programming languages are very easy like JS, Phyton, C# and anything.
Blockchain are well constructed with C++ and Phyton and C# for the front end.

Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  

Jump to: