Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 08:34:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BLAKE 2s Mining related topics  (Read 3687 times)
krasent

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:14:42 AM

Want to share with you new blake2s verge pool:
http://xvgminingclub.info/
its rather stable, low commision 0.5%
try it yourself and you will see how much uni and antpool steal from you

I tired....

This pool after  9 hours:

RIG1 -  Hashrate: 75.2 Gh/s   , Shares: 2.1463%   Total: 94.5 XVG
RIG2 -  Hashrate: 100.6 Gh/s , Shares: 3.0897%   Total: 154.49 XVG

Make your own conclusions.

Another thief !
With your second rig you mined for 10 hours.
You got 160 xvg for it
Whattomine says you should get 20 xvg/hour
So, you got about 20% less than wtm
Its just the volatility of finding blocks
Sometime you get less, some time more.
But its not 50% from wtm like on other pools

Same rig's on nlpool for 10 hours about many, many connection lost and pool problems, my result is above 220 XVG !

this is not visible to me 20%

* the speed that the pool looks like is average, maybe a little more

As you may decide, I am expressing my results and observations.
Smiley
nazarpechka

Activity: 73

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:50:21 AM

I tired....

Another thief !
You got 160 xvg for it

Same rig's on nlpool for 10 hours about many, many connection lost and pool problems, my result is above 220 XVG !

Smiley
I dont really believe you got 200 xvg on nlpool with almost every block orphan there
ltomovski

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:03:52 AM

Hi all

I just want to share my observations ..

I have been mining XVG since the day Claymore released v11 ..
Lots of ppl complaining about steal and lost shares .. I can not be certain but I have a hunch that the problem is with the blockchain itself and maybe the fact that this coin can be mined via different algos..
Some history ..
First I start mining on nicehash - I will not comment this .. then I found unimining .. atm the pool had around 10THs and I can tell you that my earnings was almost the same as WTM shows .. then the pool hash started to grow .. my shares became smaller and smaller .. BUT WITH THE POOL HASHRATE GREW blocks were not mined faster ... so less blocks with less shares equals less earnings .. then antmine was the next pool for me .. it had 5THs .. ppl grew angry with unimining and transfer to antmine .. so yet again the mining was almost identical to WTM and everything was fine .. until the hashrate became over 20THs .. same problem .. no matter that the pool had more hashes the block count did not grew accordingly .. then nlpool appeared .. SAME issue

SO .. I can not be sure if the pools steal but the FACT is founded block count DO NOT GROW AS EXPECTED ...

I guess we need more pools with 15THs pool hashrate

krasent

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:20:11 AM

I tired....

Another thief !
You got 160 xvg for it

Smiley
I dont really believe you got 200 xvg on nlpool with almost every block orphan there

Unfortunately, the statistics about the minning.

For comparison, I'll give in 10 hours from another pool ...
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:56:52 AM

They are all thieves.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Johnnydex

Activity: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 09:58:54 AM

Hi all

I just want to share my observations ..

I have been mining XVG since the day Claymore released v11 ..
Lots of ppl complaining about steal and lost shares .. I can not be certain but I have a hunch that the problem is with the blockchain itself and maybe the fact that this coin can be mined via different algos..
Some history ..
First I start mining on nicehash - I will not comment this .. then I found unimining .. atm the pool had around 10THs and I can tell you that my earnings was almost the same as WTM shows .. then the pool hash started to grow .. my shares became smaller and smaller .. BUT WITH THE POOL HASHRATE GREW blocks were not mined faster ... so less blocks with less shares equals less earnings .. then antmine was the next pool for me .. it had 5THs .. ppl grew angry with unimining and transfer to antmine .. so yet again the mining was almost identical to WTM and everything was fine .. until the hashrate became over 20THs .. same problem .. no matter that the pool had more hashes the block count did not grew accordingly .. then nlpool appeared .. SAME issue

SO .. I can not be sure if the pools steal but the FACT is founded block count DO NOT GROW AS EXPECTED ...

I guess we need more pools with 15THs pool hashrate

^ This. I couldn't agree more. This has been my personal take on the matter just based on the math and not whattomine. It's transparent if you care to take the time to figure it out for yourself. Is the percentage of your hashrate to pool total correct? Does the amount your earning per block found equal this percentage minus fees? Mine has been correct across all the pools I've tried however my earnings have been all over the place. I started on antminepool when it was around 4th, and you're exactly right, earnings were at their very best when the pool was between 10th to 15th. After that my percentage per block grew smaller and smaller but the number of blocks found didn't keep pace. It's strange because that's what big pools are supposed to do for us, even out/stabilize our earnings but that's not happening with any of these pools. I went through the same thing with nlpool, although they have other issues going on as well. My guess is they have some sort of network latency issue causing the higher than average number of orphans. 
peterboy1

Activity: 168

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:07:22 AM

if this is the case, then we should also coordinate with verge's devs.
Golempl

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 10:18:36 AM

Last 24h of antminepool xvg mining at 30500MH/s:
Using xvg.antminepool.com:9008
Earned 94 XVG
WTM shows 148 XVG
Connection stable, hasrate chart on pool very stable.
Where are 1/3 of earnings ?
Johnnydex

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 10:45:45 AM

The Verge blocktime is 30 seconds. The difficulty algorithm is designed to ensure a block is found at this consistent interval. To me it's starting to look like WTM isn't using the correct current difficulty for blake2s. We just don't know how the Verge devs manage difficulty across multiple algos. I completely admit this is getting into shit that's way beyond my level of expertise  but it appears to me we're all experiencing a rapid rise in difficulty that's not being shown to us when we check WTM, ergo a bunch of pissed off miners.
Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:42:48 AM

bunch of pissed off miners.

In the end need to see if is worth or not, xvg is getting close to or is already at $0.10 per card per day and that is not good enough.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
Johnnydex

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:50:26 AM

I just read the Verge Blackpaper. XVG can be mined via 5 algorithms and each of these have an independant 30 second blocktime. So if I'm reading this correctly that's 5 blocks every 30 seconds, one for each algo. Also, each algo's difficulty is treated independently based on its respective hashrate. I've searched but can't seem to find anywhere that actually breaks down the five different algos to show the current difficulty for each. All I can find is the chart on coinwarz but it doesn't show any rise in difficulty over the past month so I call bullshit on that. Unless I'm completely wrong and it wouldn't be the first time, I think WTM has got to be using the wrong difficulty for B2s. Seems we flooded the B2s XVG algo with a fuck ton of hashrate in a matter of days and the profitability has plummeted. Really disappointing after what we went through with the asics coming in and ruining the good thing we had with DCR and SIA. I got my hopes up with this new miner and now I'm bummed again. Guess it's back to ETH only for me. At least I can look forward to a lower power bill.   
wOvAN

Activity: 41
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 12:04:50 PM

http://xvgminingclub.info  is the best pool yet, but don't switch to it, let us mine peacefully  Wink
doktor83

Activity: 2576
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 01:28:53 PM

NLPOOL was stable... for 2 days. Everything was GREAT. 1st day i got AS MUCH XVG as unimining 2.5 DAYS!

Now nlpool has been probable DDOSed by other pools that steal... or it just grow so much that cannot handle.. but that's not sure.

Cause the pool was ok for some time with 13 TH/s. Now it's 9-10 and there is problems so i guess attacks from others.

NO OTHER POOL IS OK (maybe antmine now.. was overloaded but i dont know about payments).

DONT USE OXO! 100% STEAL of hashpower.

Proof please?

Also do you people realise that you will see balance 0 until a block is found? Because of low pool hashrate blocks wont come every minute. I know all of you saying that OxoPool stole your coins got payed, BUT only after block was found. You can post your wallet here so everyone can check did you got payed or not.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Ratledge

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:48:30 PM
Last edit: February 21, 2018, 07:44:07 PM by Ratledge

As of right now is not worth mining verge anymore, profits decreased drastically, when it started as per whattomine with 1 x gtx 1070 used to earn around $0.70, now is around $0.20 and the pools steal 50% of your profit, so in truth you are earning $0.10 per card.

https://whattomine.com/coins/220-xvg-blake-2s?utf8=%E2%9C%93&hr=1200.0&p=35.0&fee=1.0&cost=0.2&hcost=0.0&commit=Calculate
there are pools which do not steal
There may be, but when WTM gives you a negative income, it is time to punt.

(charts from the beta side with a single card pulled to show trends)

I put my observations in the Claymore thread this time - because I was directly addressing dual mining with his miner.

I dropped back to ETH only after I got up three times to fix my rig overnight. It ran for days at a time with "-mode 0" but was overheating and sucking more power by 30%

Edit: "JEEZ!" that image handler auto-resizes to the max it can display.  I started out with a little tiny graphic from my phone.

Negative income is not the result I need, anyway.

My effective hashrate used to be slightly higher than actual, but it was 10-15% less for the last week or so. I see my rig finding shares three or four times a minute again, and I suppose that the shear amount of time spent reloading and building the DAG was the culprit.
krasent

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:15:28 PM

I tired....

Another thief !
You got 160 xvg for it

Smiley

Unfortunately, the statistics about the minning.

For comparison, I'll give in 10 hours from another pool ...

Done

Test 9 hours in antminepool:

RIG2 - Hashrate: 109.4 Gh/s, Shares: 0.1449% , Total Earned: 146.88628677 XVG

jimbowong2030

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 05:49:58 PM

At first we always respond.

Second, we went to a different setup last 48 hours so we had to take old servers offline.

The old payments will still be processed, you just start with a clean balance where you cannot see the old balances.

Just send us a email if something is wrong and we will fix it.

Thanks

email sent reporting issue.
Amstellodamois

Activity: 182

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 07:23:37 PM

Is there someone with a big enough rig who could test 3-4 pools simultaneously for 24-48 hours and tell us how things workout?
doktor83

Activity: 2576
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 07:50:42 PM

Everyone read this post, don't just yell the same shit that you don't get the number of coins WTM shows, or that pools steal 70% of your earnings and so on :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2986613.msg30739598#msg30739598

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
Ratledge

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:05:52 PM

Everyone read this post, don't just yell the same shit that you don't get the number of coins WTM shows, or that pools steal 70% of your earnings and so on :

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2986613.msg30739598#msg30739598
Doktor83, since you obviously have a vested interest in oxo, do you really think we're all going to take what you post as gospel?  That's a valid assumption - in the post you refer us to - but it hardly justifies things we have seen from other posters.

You can cherry pick posts to "prove" just about anything you want - if you disregard everything else, of course.
Golempl

Activity: 42

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 08:19:09 PM

10 hours testing NLPOOL with 30500MH/s
Total Earned      0.19228040 XVG
Doesn't work at all due to low pool hashrate vs orphans.
Not going to back until they get like 15 confirmed blocks in row
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: