Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 04:33:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [XHV] Haven Protocol - untraceable payments x stable value storage  (Read 71244 times)
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1118

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
August 29, 2018, 09:00:30 PM

does anybody ever had problems with withdraws from tradeogre?
mine is showing up slight smaller than it should be.
like 0.03 XHV less (I'm counting with the fees already)

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
logictense

Activity: 2146
Merit: 518

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2018, 09:28:08 PM

I have lost one cent there when I was older and had a twitter account with 7 followers. I spread out unpleasant truth about the specifics of their business which had ramifications to my privileged rank here and among twitter users who knew what that move could cost me. To finalize, I took a hit from the legal team of theirs, such a bunch of knuckleheads.

revelacaogr
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1021

2009 Alea iacta est

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:24:31 AM

do u have any news about this:

https://medium.com/@nanex/haven-protocol-exploit-and-what-were-doing-to-prevent-further-attacks-e9a40e822727

any news will be appreciated...

thks in advance

rambetiko

Activity: 188
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:16:32 PM

how can i solo mining? dont use pool, just on my computer
Hendra Wehr

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 30, 2018, 09:23:13 PM

Understandably, people spend a lot of time and effort around the idea, in some cases they can easily be disappointed with the small prize, buts as people said here, it's important that the business succeeds.
Lucasgabd
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 1118

There's no need to be upset

View Profile
September 01, 2018, 06:56:51 PM

I have lost one cent there when I was older and had a twitter account with 7 followers. I spread out unpleasant truth about the specifics of their business which had ramifications to my privileged rank here and among twitter users who knew what that move could cost me. To finalize, I took a hit from the legal team of theirs, such a bunch of knuckleheads.

I know it's a really small amount but
1) a small amount from all users become a fortune
2) XHV will be worth at least 10x the price that's now in a couple of years if they deliver, probably more.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
Slimdev

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 04, 2018, 04:11:03 AM

Transparent Haven pool with 24/7 support

Features:
- Mining to exchange
- Workers
- Adjustable instant payout levels
- Email and telegram notifications
- SSL

Contacts:
telegram : https://t.me/joinchat/B-GpfU1DYnzi5mhQ45I3rQ
discord : https://discord.gg/VQYuE8t
big_daddy

Activity: 1652
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 10:21:56 AM

Most people do not know that XHV will be a great thing after XMR!
Who doesn't buy now, will cry later because the bear market is going away and things will get hot. Grin
I think $100 per XHV won't be absurd when it's possible to save my dollar values in XHVD.

100$ ?  Cheesy right
after the btc halving at 7,25 per block and btc hitting 100k$
before that, all alts cannot moon unfortunately

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Mattthev

Activity: 966
Merit: 359

👉MINING-BIOS.eu💲⛏

View Profile WWW
September 04, 2018, 12:18:13 PM

Most people do not know that XHV will be a great thing after XMR!
Who doesn't buy now, will cry later because the bear market is going away and things will get hot. Grin
I think $100 per XHV won't be absurd when it's possible to save my dollar values in XHVD.
Well maybe when XMR will have 10k USD  Cheesy Grin

Mining Bios with Performance Timings 👍 Mining-Bios.euPBE 1.7PBE 3 PRO👌⛏│AFFILIATE system 10% ref 💰💲BTC│👉 XMR-AEON-STAK 🔝⛏ Monero V9 (CNv4) ✅│XMRig AMD🔝⛏ CNv4 ✅
FIAT from BINANCE to REVOLUT 💳│🚀Upcoming/Active ICO list📈🤑│👉Free Bitcoin BTC Faucet💰💲│Guides:RX 470/480/570/580, VEGA Bios Mod Tutorial - SRB, PBE 💰💲│PBE.eu
CRYPTO to FIAT BTC💲💳│ How to Mine XMR/RYO and CN coins + Miners Downloads💰⛏│Guides:How to Mine AEON💰⛏
monerobiosedit@gmail.com│✅Did I help you? Give me some +Merit 🤜🤛👌
Rihydtersgreen

Activity: 41

View Profile
September 06, 2018, 02:36:55 AM

The business team is working on their best work for the project, they want to improve the plan and so that the growing updates can be made to everyone. i think they are busy now busy with ico
f12345

Activity: 90

View Profile
September 14, 2018, 05:13:54 AM

viable alternative to offshore accounts, boasting a feature within the offshore accounts that actually preserves the value of Haven Protocol coins at a fixed level of fiat currency. To clarify: They plan to achieve this through a burning and minting protocol for their coins, that burns the coins as they are deposited into the “offshore” account… and re-mints an equivalent value of coins as you attempt to withdraw your funds.

According to their whitepaper, that breaks down to mean: An account owner (we’ll call them A) deposits $200 worth of Haven into their “offshore account” on October 5th. XHV is worth $2.00/XHV on October 5th. So, A deposits 100 XHV. On April 5th, Owner A returns and desires to withdraw what funds were deposited into storage. On April 5th, XHV is worth $4.00/XHV. When Owner A receives back what they placed into storage, he receives 50 XHV which is now the equivalent to $200, the original fiat value of the deposited funds
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 17, 2018, 08:15:05 AM

Before the next bull start XHV needs to be on as many exchanges as possible to expect those prices which it had few months ago. It nee a fair strong bounce backed by huge liquidity to have 10x increase. At the moment single exchange is may be reason for this to see that adoption and spread of coins among large number of people.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2018, 06:35:10 AM

Before the next bull start XHV needs to be on as many exchanges as possible to expect those prices which it had few months ago. It nee a fair strong bounce backed by huge liquidity to have 10x increase. At the moment single exchange is may be reason for this to see that adoption and spread of coins among large number of people.

agree completely with you
XHV first of all deserve to be on major exchanges so people can buy & hodl XHV from as many platforms possible

there are a lot of minor exchanges where we van vote like a strong community to get listed, but XHV need to be listed on one of the top 5 exchanges

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
filsid

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

TOKPIE

View Profile
September 19, 2018, 07:38:40 AM

Announcing: Dether

The Dether app enables users to buy and sell ether for cash, exchange ether for a variety of ERC20 tokens, and exchange ERC20 tokens for ether. Through our partnership, both HAV and nUSD are available on the Dether app, and more currencies will continue to be added in the future. Please note that the ‘exchange’ function is not yet available for HAV or nUSD, but users can still currently transact with other individuals through the app.
https://blog.havven.io/announcing-dether-9f1db1e73942

big_daddy

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 07:45:28 AM

Announcing: Dether

The Dether app enables users to buy and sell ether for cash, exchange ether for a variety of ERC20 tokens, and exchange ERC20 tokens for ether. Through our partnership, both HAV and nUSD are available on the Dether app, and more currencies will continue to be added in the future. Please note that the ‘exchange’ function is not yet available for HAV or nUSD, but users can still currently transact with other individuals through the app.
https://blog.havven.io/announcing-dether-9f1db1e73942

XHV (Haven Protocol) is not HAV (Havven)
you are posting in the wrong topic

Zer0Sum
Legendary

Activity: 1588
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 22, 2018, 11:11:12 PM

XHV is one of the rare projects with a great team and things are developing and a great time! This morning I bought some XHV and I'll be doing it until the end of this month! Waiting for good things here. Haven applications will be very interesting and more interesting will be the market reaction, the Top 100 CMC will be a simple reality.

I think their heart is in the right place, but unless I missed something and the way they plan to implement their stable coin changed, there are some serious problems with their approach. I'm not even going back to the oracle problem again, which I still think is mostly unsolved (not only for XHV, but for any project).

Here is what I wonder and what hasn't really been explained well enough:

The main preimse is that if I "offshore", say, 500 XHV and when I want to "onshore" them and the XHV price halved, I get 1000 XHV back. To actually extract the value, I would need to market sell them, but this only works if there is enough liquidity. XHV is critically dependent on becoming a high marketcap, highly traded cryptocurrency, because if they are not, there is no way to onshore decently big funds without losing most of their value. And this means that one of their main premises, that users are able to safely store value without the risk of volatility simply doesn't work. I mean, if I offshore XHV, I am essentially taking a bet that XHV will stay relevant in the future. And, well, if I buy any coin, I am making the exact same bet.

I realize that they now have a two tokens approach, but I assume the way the stable tokens are backed hasn't changed. Which keeps all the issues they had before still intact.

As I said, maybe I missed something, so if I did, feel free to correct me. But don't gat back with the usual "team is working on it, no worries" nonsense.

Good analysis.

Sketchy "stablecoins" are, at best, a stop gap product...
Also, a shitcoin with a 7 figure cap cannot be "stable"...
Looking at you KRB devs who are legit, but have taken the XHV nonsense to the next degree.

The Haven Protocol is like having a "big spec miner with very heavy bags and 150K Twitter followers in your back packet".
Slimdev

Activity: 237

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 12:24:51 PM

Transparent Haven pool with 24/7 support

Features:
- Mining to exchange
- Workers
- Adjustable instant payout levels
- Email and telegram notifications
- SSL

Contacts:
telegram EN : https://t.me/joinchat/B-GpfU1DYnzi5mhQ45I3rQ
telegram RU : https://t.me/joinchat/B-GpfUYWGEzx89L1N10Vzg
discord : https://discord.gg/VQYuE8t
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:02:28 PM

Good analysis.

Sketchy "stablecoins" are, at best, a stop gap product...
Also, a shitcoin with a 7 figure cap cannot be "stable"...
Looking at you KRB devs who are legit, but have taken the XHV nonsense to the next degree.

The Haven Protocol is like having a "big spec miner with very heavy bags and 150K Twitter followers in your back packet".

So, KRB are basically trying the same thing XHV does, am I getting that right?

You know, I could just move on and don't even care about XHVs doomed efforts, but I think this is extremely symptomatic for the current state of crypto and altcoins. It is not that I think they are malicious or scammers or something like that. I think they started of genuinely believing that they'd find a solution for the problems at hand eventually. And now they are so deep in it that they can't really turn around and basically say "yeah, it's probably not gonna work the way we thought it would", because they'd have a bunch of angry, tikitorches and pitforks swinging "investors" looking for them then.

But the fact of the matter is that not only doesn't the whole thing add up, I have yet to see or hear anything more than *crickets* regarding the issues. Like, if you apply a simple example, you'll find that XHV is way too dependent on certain conditions to actually do what it's supposed to.

Let me state here that I think XHVD can work quite well for some time, given the right market conditions. Which sctually makes the whole thing even worse, because these types of systems tend not to give warning signals or anything, they just at some point flat out will stop working and people will be holding the bag. This is not a XHV specific problem, but can be seen all over the industry. How else can a sane brain rationalize the steps needed to go from BTCs approach to EOS's 21 validators? It's people getting into the market who don't realized and/or understand what Bitcoin was created for, which is, by western standarts, an absolute edge case. We are not surrounded by fiat money crashing left, right and center and for most of us, the banking system and Paypal work quite well. Bitcoin(and other blockchain projects) is primarily not supposed to be a better Paypal (fuck you, Roger), it is a system that is more resilient against catastrophic failure. And catastrophic failure is not a daily occurence, which is why people forget that it's a possibility. I could point towards parallels between this line of thought and the thought process of anti-vaxxers, but I digress.

Let's look at a simple example:

Let's say, XHV spikes to a marketcap of 100,000,000$. At this pricepoint, 2,000,000$ worth of XHV is offshored and 2,000,000 worth of XHVD are created.

Now, the marketcap falls for whatever reason. Let's say, it drops to 10,000,000$. There is still sitting 2,000,000$ worth of XHVD offshore, but instead of being 2% of the XHV supply, they now represent 20%. If they would be onshored and XHV would be created, you'd have to deal with an instant inflation of 20%, add to that the fact that there is no way that the orderbooks on exchanges are as thick as they were at a marketcap of 100,000,000. So, there are 2,000,000$ worth of XHV going into the market, completely crashing the price.

A counter argument could be that miners could not allow these 2,000,000$ to be onshored. This would effectively mean that they are not unconditionally backed with XHV, so one XHVD will not be worth one dollar, even if XHVD can be traded as its own asset.

This creates another question: What exactly is the price of one XHV? Are you going with the spot price, or are you taking orderbook size into account? I guess this wouldn't work, because this would effectively mean that the more XHVD is onshored, the more XHV per XHVD needs to be created to allow the holder to cash out.

Some may say that this is not how rational human beings act, that no one i their right mind would onshore their XHVD, then immediately sell their XHV in a thin market, losing money. Well, but what if they have to, maybe thy got sick and need the money right now, or something like that? Not only that, this is absolutely against the core premise of money itself: that the owner can do whatever the fuck they want with it. If you tie the value of money to a set of conditions that need to be met, this will be priced in.

And this is something that is extremely dangerous when it comes to crypto in general: you can't count on the predictability of human behavior, especially in a scenario in which you have to count constantly on humans behaving rationally or predictably. Because it only needs one moment, one unexpected turn to screw this thing up big time. And at that point, you'll have a bunch of panicking holders running to the exit, either onshoring their XHVD to XHV, inflating the supply even more, or selling their XHVD at completely low, "desperate to get out" discounts.

All this is amplified by the fact that XHVD is XHVs main selling point. If no one uses this mechanism, it just another Monero clone with not much else to show for it. And if a lot of people use it, it just creates a ticking time bomb. You might not even need a big swing in marketcap to make this a problem; a significant amount of XHV being offshored and then being onshored again might do the trick all by its own.

Look, I'm trying hard not to come off as a hater or fudster or anything nad I probably spent way too much thought on this project. But in all honesty, too much of crypt reminds me of the underpants gnomes from South Park(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4bGkU05o) and this is, sadly, a prime example.
navhin29

Activity: 3

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 05:31:01 AM

I'm having difficulty sending my XHV to Trade ogre.

https://ibb.co/n7Qn2U

Trade Ogre xhv deposit address starts with hvi1XXX series whereas on the wallet it states it should start with hvxXXX series instead. Appreciate any assistance.
big_daddy

View Profile WWW
September 30, 2018, 11:38:00 AM

Anyone here with the same issue?
My pc wallet is not syncing, the cmd deamon is running but I a not getting any new transactions

Do we have to update the wallets?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: