Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:46:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [POW] [XHV] Haven Protocol - untraceable payments x stable value storage  (Read 71253 times)
cryptodv

Activity: 1092
Merit: 507

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 02:06:14 AM

This one is a sleeper. Don't care about a bull-run, but if the off shore protocol hits....big money will be using it. Monero 2.0 I guess.

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.   
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency       
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 08:18:29 AM

This recent listing on Bittrex exploded this market that is clearly visible and we are watching XHV again over $1 after long time. I was looking at perfect moment to pick little more because of limited supply it was always drawing my attention but waiting went wrong. In the long term price have to increase till few folds but in short term may be I get my targeted quantity if I will be lucky.
cryptodv

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 01:51:23 PM

This recent listing on Bittrex exploded this market that is clearly visible and we are watching XHV again over $1 after long time. I was looking at perfect moment to pick little more because of limited supply it was always drawing my attention but waiting went wrong. In the long term price have to increase till few folds but in short term may be I get my targeted quantity if I will be lucky.

Same here, I picked some up at $.92 cents. I didn't hear about Haven until it hit Bittrex. The limited supply is a plus.

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
raske

Activity: 154
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 09:48:27 AM

after every price spike lot of newcommers on mining pools  Grin haha
you had to mine it when the diff was lower and wait for the spike, not now

but is good to see the support, of course
big_daddy

Activity: 1666
Merit: 583

xUSD - The PRIVATE stable coin - Haven Protocol

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 12:18:59 PM

Hello XHV miners

I'm running an 8gpu rig, MSI Armor RX570 8GB cards, on 1190/2200 clocks, and using the last version of SRBminer but can't reach the 1.000+ h/s on any of my cards
Is here anyone with the same/similar setup running stable on higher clocks?
the cards are not bios modded, using the last drivers & compute mode on & MSI afterburner

If you don't believe it or don't get it, I don't have the time to try to convince you, sorry.
Rumhurius
Legendary

Activity: 1672
Merit: 1046

Here we go again

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:20:46 PM

real nice uptrend lately.
Glad that i still hold some XHV.

Proof of Work Coins are the future anyway.

milugau

Merit: 12

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:21:03 PM

This one is a sleeper. Don't care about a bull-run, but if the off shore protocol hits....big money will be using it. Monero 2.0 I guess.
Almost woken up today.
I took my profit with my last investment into Haven Protocol around five months ago, and I bought them back four weeks ago.
so, It's good to see the coin moved recently.
raske

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 01:51:26 PM

Almost woken up today.
I took my profit with my last investment into Haven Protocol around five months ago, and I bought them back four weeks ago.
so, It's good to see the coin moved recently.

we are still at very low levels, good buy entries, cause soon we wil see here an over 100k sats on the exchanges
Kerppa77

Activity: 17
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 18, 2018, 06:56:40 PM

In long term if XHV will hit in the mainstream we should see the market cap to be hundreds of millions or even billions. This would mean 100x - 1000x. For now... just HODL and mine more with my 24x Vega64 @ 34KH/s.
I would rather see again the low prices and get like +50XHV daily to my wallet Smiley
ttookk

Activity: 994
Merit: 513

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 09:44:38 AM

Ok, with XHV being listed on Bittrex and the general rise in euphoria, maybe it's time to get this post back to the front, where people can read and respond to it. To be clear, I am genuinely interested in a fruitful discussion regarding the matter and am not trying to fud the project.

Any thoughts?

Good analysis.

Sketchy "stablecoins" are, at best, a stop gap product...
Also, a shitcoin with a 7 figure cap cannot be "stable"...
Looking at you KRB devs who are legit, but have taken the XHV nonsense to the next degree.

The Haven Protocol is like having a "big spec miner with very heavy bags and 150K Twitter followers in your back packet".

So, KRB are basically trying the same thing XHV does, am I getting that right?

You know, I could just move on and don't even care about XHVs doomed efforts, but I think this is extremely symptomatic for the current state of crypto and altcoins. It is not that I think they are malicious or scammers or something like that. I think they started of genuinely believing that they'd find a solution for the problems at hand eventually. And now they are so deep in it that they can't really turn around and basically say "yeah, it's probably not gonna work the way we thought it would", because they'd have a bunch of angry, tikitorches and pitforks swinging "investors" looking for them then.

But the fact of the matter is that not only doesn't the whole thing add up, I have yet to see or hear anything more than *crickets* regarding the issues. Like, if you apply a simple example, you'll find that XHV is way too dependent on certain conditions to actually do what it's supposed to.

Let me state here that I think XHVD can work quite well for some time, given the right market conditions. Which sctually makes the whole thing even worse, because these types of systems tend not to give warning signals or anything, they just at some point flat out will stop working and people will be holding the bag. This is not a XHV specific problem, but can be seen all over the industry. How else can a sane brain rationalize the steps needed to go from BTCs approach to EOS's 21 validators? It's people getting into the market who don't realized and/or understand what Bitcoin was created for, which is, by western standarts, an absolute edge case. We are not surrounded by fiat money crashing left, right and center and for most of us, the banking system and Paypal work quite well. Bitcoin(and other blockchain projects) is primarily not supposed to be a better Paypal (fuck you, Roger), it is a system that is more resilient against catastrophic failure. And catastrophic failure is not a daily occurence, which is why people forget that it's a possibility. I could point towards parallels between this line of thought and the thought process of anti-vaxxers, but I digress.

Let's look at a simple example:

Let's say, XHV spikes to a marketcap of 100,000,000$. At this pricepoint, 2,000,000$ worth of XHV is offshored and 2,000,000 worth of XHVD are created.

Now, the marketcap falls for whatever reason. Let's say, it drops to 10,000,000$. There is still sitting 2,000,000$ worth of XHVD offshore, but instead of being 2% of the XHV supply, they now represent 20%. If they would be onshored and XHV would be created, you'd have to deal with an instant inflation of 20%, add to that the fact that there is no way that the orderbooks on exchanges are as thick as they were at a marketcap of 100,000,000. So, there are 2,000,000$ worth of XHV going into the market, completely crashing the price.

A counter argument could be that miners could not allow these 2,000,000$ to be onshored. This would effectively mean that they are not unconditionally backed with XHV, so one XHVD will not be worth one dollar, even if XHVD can be traded as its own asset.

This creates another question: What exactly is the price of one XHV? Are you going with the spot price, or are you taking orderbook size into account? I guess this wouldn't work, because this would effectively mean that the more XHVD is onshored, the more XHV per XHVD needs to be created to allow the holder to cash out.

Some may say that this is not how rational human beings act, that no one i their right mind would onshore their XHVD, then immediately sell their XHV in a thin market, losing money. Well, but what if they have to, maybe thy got sick and need the money right now, or something like that? Not only that, this is absolutely against the core premise of money itself: that the owner can do whatever the fuck they want with it. If you tie the value of money to a set of conditions that need to be met, this will be priced in.

And this is something that is extremely dangerous when it comes to crypto in general: you can't count on the predictability of human behavior, especially in a scenario in which you have to count constantly on humans behaving rationally or predictably. Because it only needs one moment, one unexpected turn to screw this thing up big time. And at that point, you'll have a bunch of panicking holders running to the exit, either onshoring their XHVD to XHV, inflating the supply even more, or selling their XHVD at completely low, "desperate to get out" discounts.

All this is amplified by the fact that XHVD is XHVs main selling point. If no one uses this mechanism, it just another Monero clone with not much else to show for it. And if a lot of people use it, it just creates a ticking time bomb. You might not even need a big swing in marketcap to make this a problem; a significant amount of XHV being offshored and then being onshored again might do the trick all by its own.

Look, I'm trying hard not to come off as a hater or fudster or anything nad I probably spent way too much thought on this project. But in all honesty, too much of crypt reminds me of the underpants gnomes from South Park(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4bGkU05o) and this is, sadly, a prime example.
AlexanderDumas

Activity: 206
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 12:50:16 PM

In long term if XHV will hit in the mainstream we should see the market cap to be hundreds of millions or even billions. This would mean 100x - 1000x. For now... just HODL and mine more with my 24x Vega64 @ 34KH/s.
I would rather see again the low prices and get like +50XHV daily to my wallet Smiley

A far memory are the days when I was doing 45 usd worth per day, mining cryptonight, with only 6 vegas...
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 11:14:49 PM

Do you think it will never hit the mainstream, i wanted to give a try and invested some in this project hope it will be great in the future.
cryptodv

btcstakes.com

View Profile WWW
October 21, 2018, 01:44:34 AM

Ok, with XHV being listed on Bittrex and the general rise in euphoria, maybe it's time to get this post back to the front, where people can read and respond to it. To be clear, I am genuinely interested in a fruitful discussion regarding the matter and am not trying to fud the project.

Any thoughts?

Good analysis.

Sketchy "stablecoins" are, at best, a stop gap product...
Also, a shitcoin with a 7 figure cap cannot be "stable"...
Looking at you KRB devs who are legit, but have taken the XHV nonsense to the next degree.

The Haven Protocol is like having a "big spec miner with very heavy bags and 150K Twitter followers in your back packet".

So, KRB are basically trying the same thing XHV does, am I getting that right?

You know, I could just move on and don't even care about XHVs doomed efforts, but I think this is extremely symptomatic for the current state of crypto and altcoins. It is not that I think they are malicious or scammers or something like that. I think they started of genuinely believing that they'd find a solution for the problems at hand eventually. And now they are so deep in it that they can't really turn around and basically say "yeah, it's probably not gonna work the way we thought it would", because they'd have a bunch of angry, tikitorches and pitforks swinging "investors" looking for them then.

But the fact of the matter is that not only doesn't the whole thing add up, I have yet to see or hear anything more than *crickets* regarding the issues. Like, if you apply a simple example, you'll find that XHV is way too dependent on certain conditions to actually do what it's supposed to.

Let me state here that I think XHVD can work quite well for some time, given the right market conditions. Which sctually makes the whole thing even worse, because these types of systems tend not to give warning signals or anything, they just at some point flat out will stop working and people will be holding the bag. This is not a XHV specific problem, but can be seen all over the industry. How else can a sane brain rationalize the steps needed to go from BTCs approach to EOS's 21 validators? It's people getting into the market who don't realized and/or understand what Bitcoin was created for, which is, by western standarts, an absolute edge case. We are not surrounded by fiat money crashing left, right and center and for most of us, the banking system and Paypal work quite well. Bitcoin(and other blockchain projects) is primarily not supposed to be a better Paypal (fuck you, Roger), it is a system that is more resilient against catastrophic failure. And catastrophic failure is not a daily occurence, which is why people forget that it's a possibility. I could point towards parallels between this line of thought and the thought process of anti-vaxxers, but I digress.

Let's look at a simple example:

Let's say, XHV spikes to a marketcap of 100,000,000$. At this pricepoint, 2,000,000$ worth of XHV is offshored and 2,000,000 worth of XHVD are created.

Now, the marketcap falls for whatever reason. Let's say, it drops to 10,000,000$. There is still sitting 2,000,000$ worth of XHVD offshore, but instead of being 2% of the XHV supply, they now represent 20%. If they would be onshored and XHV would be created, you'd have to deal with an instant inflation of 20%, add to that the fact that there is no way that the orderbooks on exchanges are as thick as they were at a marketcap of 100,000,000. So, there are 2,000,000$ worth of XHV going into the market, completely crashing the price.

A counter argument could be that miners could not allow these 2,000,000$ to be onshored. This would effectively mean that they are not unconditionally backed with XHV, so one XHVD will not be worth one dollar, even if XHVD can be traded as its own asset.

This creates another question: What exactly is the price of one XHV? Are you going with the spot price, or are you taking orderbook size into account? I guess this wouldn't work, because this would effectively mean that the more XHVD is onshored, the more XHV per XHVD needs to be created to allow the holder to cash out.

Some may say that this is not how rational human beings act, that no one i their right mind would onshore their XHVD, then immediately sell their XHV in a thin market, losing money. Well, but what if they have to, maybe thy got sick and need the money right now, or something like that? Not only that, this is absolutely against the core premise of money itself: that the owner can do whatever the fuck they want with it. If you tie the value of money to a set of conditions that need to be met, this will be priced in.

And this is something that is extremely dangerous when it comes to crypto in general: you can't count on the predictability of human behavior, especially in a scenario in which you have to count constantly on humans behaving rationally or predictably. Because it only needs one moment, one unexpected turn to screw this thing up big time. And at that point, you'll have a bunch of panicking holders running to the exit, either onshoring their XHVD to XHV, inflating the supply even more, or selling their XHVD at completely low, "desperate to get out" discounts.

All this is amplified by the fact that XHVD is XHVs main selling point. If no one uses this mechanism, it just another Monero clone with not much else to show for it. And if a lot of people use it, it just creates a ticking time bomb. You might not even need a big swing in marketcap to make this a problem; a significant amount of XHV being offshored and then being onshored again might do the trick all by its own.

Look, I'm trying hard not to come off as a hater or fudster or anything nad I probably spent way too much thought on this project. But in all honesty, too much of crypt reminds me of the underpants gnomes from South Park(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zc4bGkU05o) and this is, sadly, a prime example.

He brings up some very valid points, especially about the offshoring. Things are vague right now regarding that. I hope the team has a valid explanation on how this will all work. Sounds very ambitious. I still hold a bag though.  Grin

███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY     
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.       
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.   
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
milugau

Merit: 12

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 08:24:33 AM

Last week, lots of coins which use Cryptonight algorithms increased significantly, including Haven Protocol.
So, the question for now is, how XHV move next?
Will it keep moving upwards or have to witness corrections?
samantadegrenet

Activity: 686

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:04:19 AM

Last week, lots of coins which use Cryptonight algorithms increased significantly, including Haven Protocol.
So, the question for now is, how XHV move next?
Will it keep moving upwards or have to witness corrections?
It is very hard to predict . Last night since i decide to invest drop quite a lot , it was not a smart time to invest i think.  Smiley The cap of this project is quite low and they already listed on big exchange like bittrex.We do have to be positive
Hullo

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 21, 2018, 09:22:31 AM

Exactly, this is best example of unpredictability of market seeing how quickly within hours price went this high. Recently those markets whihc were listed on Bittrex has seen increase and then price came back but here isn't that case and situation is totally different. Price went in similar way but found strong support which will make feel bad to many people.
dallase

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:36:38 AM

Whats up with this transfer fee on XHV??

Block Reward: 24.8499
Transfer Fee: 8.5935    <----  THIS
Pool Fee: 0.00
Governence Fee: 1.2420

This is from https://cryptoknight.cc/haven/

dallase

Activity: 129
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 12:41:17 AM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 01:49:12 AM by dallase

Whats up with this transfer fee on XHV??

Block Reward: 24.8499
Transfer Fee: 8.5935    <----  THIS
Pool Fee: 0.00
Governence Fee: 1.2420

This is from https://cryptoknight.cc/haven/

Compare to luckypool

manhky

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:12:10 AM

SMART EXCHANGE FREE LIST COIN

Smart.exchange: https://smarts.exchange/user-5bb17e484bf09.html

Counting down to the opening day, free list coin (list by vote).

Trade fee very low: 0.001%-0.025%

INFORMATION:
Company: TL INVESTMENT CREATIVE NEW ZEALAND LIMITED
NZBN: 9429046619075 | Address: Standen Street, Karori, Wellington 6012, New Zealand

Note: Move coin from Main to Trader by Transfer

https://imgur.com/a/WE8T5I2
raske

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 11:24:02 AM

there will be no more cheap XHV

this what is happening last few weeks is a great sign and confirmation that Haven is a project with great support and bright future
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 »
  Print  

Jump to: