Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:26:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is this basically just another way to make money?  (Read 2669 times)
KuromaYoichi

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

Sovryn - 300-500% APY on USDT Deposit

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 02:26:41 PM

I also think crypto is just another way to make money, at least until the goverment support the tech behind it. It's a normal situation because theres's not much adoption from the technology especially in developing country so a lot of people is in for the money, not the tech and what it's going to bring into our life. Maybe in a few years this few will change after we see the uses of blockchain in real life.

.The DeFi for Bitcoin Platform.            ███   ███
           ███   ███
          ███   ███
         ███   ███
        ███   ███
       ███   ███
      ███   ███
     ███   ███
    ███   ███
   ███   ███
  ███   ███
 ███   ███
███   ███
▄  ▄██████████████████████▄  ▄
 ▀▄ ▀████████████████████▀ ▄▀
  ▀█ ▀████▀ ▄▄            █▀
   ▀█▄ ▀█ ████████████▀ ▄█▀
     ██▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ██
      ███      ▀█▄ ▀ ▄██
       ███▄ ▀█████ ▄███
        ████ ▀██▀ ▄███
         ▀███▄  ▄███▀
          ▀███▄ ▀██▀
            ████▄ ▀
             ████▀
              ▀█▀
SOVRYN███   ███
 ███   ███
  ███   ███
   ███   ███
    ███   ███
     ███   ███
      ███   ███
       ███   ███
        ███   ███
         ███   ███
          ███   ███
           ███   ███
            ███   ███
.300% APY on USDT Deposits.
████████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jo123

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 11:58:36 AM

me im still a student and finding some ways to earn money in such more easier way, then i find out about bitcoin so i immediately create an account and join. I learn step by step how it works then i put some time on it while studying and looking forward to earn more with bitcoin.
crocozino

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 04, 2018, 12:28:42 PM

yes, you can earn some money with it, if combine mining and trading then I guess it is possible to quit the regular job and earn money for living with it.
I personally know few people who did that way. I will not follow their path though, but I will continue to earn some money with the help of bitcoins as a side job.
Crytptomeniac

Activity: 240

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 09:05:34 AM

Obviously bitcoin is one of the good ways to make money with such a high percentage of ROI. It is a currency which doubles as an asset and most of us in  the market are actually just investing to make money.
Ewox

Activity: 812
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:15:02 AM

Yes Bitcoin is a way to earn money, I’ve concluded that it is what people are thinking and doing because not everyone are really using bitcoin for its real purpose, thus buying them to only earn profits. And I do get what the OP was saying, that came to my mind as well too before but I think there is really more to that.
ogini

Activity: 406
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 11:48:55 AM

We all agree that it will be wrong to put all our investment and hope for money in one  place so investment in bitcoin is another way of spreading our investment.
Tharel

Activity: 182
Merit: 12

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:30:41 PM

Yes, bitcoin is a legit way of earning money. Though it is not as stable as your regular job(due to it's volatility) but it will pay you good profit in return however you have to be patient. Being patient is necessary because many risks are involved when investing in bitcoin. It's price may change every now and then in which case you must be accustomed to.

jameshowlett

Activity: 338

Asura – Self Sustainable eSport ecosystem

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:50:10 PM

To be honest yes, but would you also pursue with us that someday crypto will be use in our daily lives just like money? Like buying a pack of bread in a bakeshop?
I think so. Cryptocurrencies right now is a way to make money. Cryptocurrencies in our future will be something magnificent because it will appear in many places in order to make everything faster and better. We can buy things with cryptocurrency and learn new technology from the blockchain

btcrut2017

Merit: 11

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 12:51:17 PM

My start with crypto/btc was that I invested a bit end of November last year. I had a few friends that told me about their small successes and how easy it was to just 'start'. It was indeed quite easy. I started to read and research into btc and every other relevant coin. Whitepapers, teams and such. Then I started to shift focus to the block chain, starting to get a grasp on what could be the future possibilities. I started to get real exited and invested some of my savings in a few projects with (to me) real potential. None of those projects appeared to be alive because of speculation only, mainly because they have a vision and actual plans.

So then I noticed that there are quite a few documentaries. I started to watch them all. A few from 2015, 2016 and 2017. I was disappointed to say the least. Everything was about bitcoin and the value/worth of bitcoin. It was about highs and lows, crashes and deceit. Only a few times the actual potential of the block chain was mentioned. Mostly it was about money.

Right now I am starting to feel like this is just a way to make money. Nothing more nothing less. You buy into btc or other coins and in no way are you really supporting the project, besides maybe adding to the order books at the exchanges with some minor effect until whales decided to take over. I sometimes have some sort of dishonest feeling, like the money I make through buying (and seldom) selling is somehow dirty as it comes from people that simply do less research, bail out or simply already had their take.

I started with high feelings of morality, being part of some new future where block chain would be the next internet. Right now it feels like a rat race where you have to grab as much money as possible before others take it before you or from you.

Not that I am ungrateful. I like many projects because of the team behind it that actually want to change the world. But if I look around me, it is mostly those that are in it to make money, a lot of money....and this money has to come from somewhere right (those that lose money)...

What is your take on this? Is this all a phase, part of how this game works?

I would agree that bitcoin is a way to earn money. There are so many ICO's and my friends warned me that there are scam going on. I am also hesitant but you cannot be successful if you do not take the risk. For me it is ok that bitcoin is a way to earn money anyway you work hard just to have earnings.
dragoz11

Activity: 420
Merit: 252

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 01:04:08 PM

well this is basically a zero sum game and when people invest they buy and in order to make money they have to sell to someone else so if the price rises the 2nd person will also earn money but at the 3rd one the price should go down as it can`t rise forever so I believe that always someone will lose if someone wins money.
pat4cryptoreal

Activity: 630
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:13:45 PM

I am very happy to be a member of bitcointalk forum because now I am so enlighten about cryptocurrency and blockchain technology generally. Some people out there just think bitcoin is all about buying and selling when the price appreciate. The technology is so vast and innovative, all sector needs blockchain technology in other to reach the whole world without limitation.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:23:48 PM

Bitcoin is a form of profiteering at the same time a currency,lets get to your point about what is bitcoin or is this another way of making money...i have a work,and having a business too but big part of those are bitcoin since this helps me alot when im in dip actually i believe that if bitcoin didnt cross my life im in miserable now.so yes basically bitcoin is another way of making money
GalaxyWorld

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 02:55:30 PM

All they do is make the ultimate goal just to make money. There are many ways to make money but people are always looking for jobs that will bring them a lot of money. So people have come to the bitcoin market. Bitcoin is an effective way to earn money if you know how to invest.

▐|   EOS Exchange   |▌          The Exchange for the EOS Community!          ▐|   EOSex   |▌
                    ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                    
Whitepaper               ANN Thread               Telegram               Twitter               Mobile
weblaraveluser

Activity: 308

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 03:19:44 PM

My start with crypto/btc was that I invested a bit end of November last year. I had a few friends that told me about their small successes and how easy it was to just 'start'. It was indeed quite easy. I started to read and research into btc and every other relevant coin. Whitepapers, teams and such. Then I started to shift focus to the block chain, starting to get a grasp on what could be the future possibilities. I started to get real exited and invested some of my savings in a few projects with (to me) real potential. None of those projects appeared to be alive because of speculation only, mainly because they have a vision and actual plans.

So then I noticed that there are quite a few documentaries. I started to watch them all. A few from 2015, 2016 and 2017. I was disappointed to say the least. Everything was about bitcoin and the value/worth of bitcoin. It was about highs and lows, crashes and deceit. Only a few times the actual potential of the block chain was mentioned. Mostly it was about money.

Right now I am starting to feel like this is just a way to make money. Nothing more nothing less. You buy into btc or other coins and in no way are you really supporting the project, besides maybe adding to the order books at the exchanges with some minor effect until whales decided to take over. I sometimes have some sort of dishonest feeling, like the money I make through buying (and seldom) selling is somehow dirty as it comes from people that simply do less research, bail out or simply already had their take.

I started with high feelings of morality, being part of some new future where block chain would be the next internet. Right now it feels like a rat race where you have to grab as much money as possible before others take it before you or from you.

Not that I am ungrateful. I like many projects because of the team behind it that actually want to change the world. But if I look around me, it is mostly those that are in it to make money, a lot of money....and this money has to come from somewhere right (those that lose money)...

What is your take on this? Is this all a phase, part of how this game works?

Trading in the market is really profitable if you know how to handle the stress when the price of your coins is melting and instead of selling your coins at the lowest price then just invest a huge amount because you will surely earn more profit when the market goes back to normal.

eelectrick

Activity: 217
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 05, 2018, 05:57:07 PM

I believe it is, with the way bitcoins went last year. That abruptly change the field and made bitcoins even more popular
and sought of. It wasn't meant for that originally maybe, but when you dwell and think about it, it was headed for that
plausible direction. In bitcoin's good days, people are really making money at least that's what people are hoping for,
the next big green day. But as of the moment it is losing money, isn't it? But still it remains a fact, Bitcoins is money
making medium.
wireless1889

Activity: 210

View Profile
April 06, 2018, 11:40:58 PM

I think Bitcoin can be a replacemrnt for our currenct currency right now which is paper money. Cryptocurrencies can be accessed through internet and technology which we are very fond of right in our era. Cryptocurrency is something more than just of being a money maker for you. Also it is somewhat helping the economy in some ways. Bitcoin can also help in your personal life specifically the financial matters you are facing right now. Investing into Bitcoin is very good choice you don't just make money but you have an insight of what is going to be in the future.
aeternus

Activity: 686

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 02:19:16 AM

I cannot fully agree with you. Yes, it may seem that everything in crypto is about making money out of nowhere. But the truth is that blockchain and various projects offer a great technology without which future is un-imaginable.
To me this seems like the correct explanation, it may seem that all what people care in the forum is about how to make money and while that is a very important reason why people are here, we cannot forget why you can make money at all, and that is because bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are without a doubt the future of money and in many cases the future about how information is going to be stored.
thecoder2017

Activity: 280

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 10:20:49 PM

I believe that bitcoin helps people without permanent job who knows how to join in their signature campaigns to earn for their living and also to the people who have money and try to invest in their project to double their money so i agree that bitcoin is not only a crypto currency that can be use in the future but a project that can help especially when you are smart to know its way of earning from it.
babyaia

Activity: 164

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 01:42:40 PM

Bitcoin can help many people from the money problem that they are experiencing.Bitcoin can access by many people with or without a high school diploma or graduate or under graduate can do Bitcoin and can earn money.
jovs

Activity: 672

View Profile
April 08, 2018, 03:35:32 PM

There are a lot of businesses people get into just to make money. They way they do it and how ethical they are on the way to success is yet another issue.
Generally the more people are interested in btc, the more development etc and the more adoption with time so I wouldn't necessarily see it as a bad thing.

Another thing is all the scams and ponzi schemes that continuously pop up. Not only people lose money but the reputation of crypto's is being damaged even though it's not the crypto's fault.
Definitely, bitcoin can generate profit for individuals that are investing on it correctly. But, perhaps , the vision of this innovation is not just about earning money, because this is a systemic flow of exchanges of value that is related to the entire global industry and international economic development.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: