Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 12:50:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Round 3: Assuming HashFast ships extra MPP chips, should we raise funds to build or buy a bare Rig for extra Golden Nonce chips?
Yes
No, let's sell the extra chips and split the profit

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED]R3/R4: Extended HF FLASH SALE PRICING! 2 HF Sierras, At-Cost+Host, PAID  (Read 16191 times)
DyslexicZombei (OP)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:42:27 PM

If you've been away from the GB forum, when you get caught up on R3/R4 updates, if you're in Round 3 please leave your thoughts below regarding:

- either selling excess chips/chip modules we can't use (due to MPP kicking in) OR
- Buying/building bare rigs to house HashFast Golden Nonce modules

Option 2 requires us to have to think ahead and secure hardware before MPP chips ship, and possibly have to do an at-cost R3B fundraising round to secure more hardware for more hashrate from our excess MPP chips/chip modules.
tripppn

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 09:06:47 PM

I like option 2.  More hashing power and I'm up for a little fundraiser.

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 09:24:29 PM

Thanks tripppn!

Noted as 1 vote for the upgrade...

...hmm, time to change the poll. Please register your opinion publicly or you can send me or Thomas a PM with your preference.

==

By an 11 to 4 public vote, it appears the majority agree that extra A/C for possible extra hashrate makes sense. Changing poll.
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 10:04:44 PM

Are there any estimates on how much would need to be raised for the additional HW to run the chips?

Any estimate on how much the chips could be sold for?

Hard to make a decision with no estimates on either option

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
DyslexicZombei (OP)

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 10:35:32 PM

Yeah, we're all a bit blind here at the moment. It's a bit of the ole: "in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king" sort of deal. Nothing says people can't change their mind in the future either. After all, we're a direct representative democracy, not a dictatorship.  Wink

We're human. We do change our minds about things given new or better information.

Here's the very latest info from CH thread:

"Hey Guys,

We realized that a bit of confusion was raised yesterday in regard to the MPP. So this is the official post concerning the MPP:

HashFast will be providing all MPP customers (Batches 1, 2, and 3) with additional ASICs in the form of complete mini-boards.

Cheers,

Team HashFast
"

Then cypherdoc followed up with:

"so just to clarify everyone's strategy.

if you bought a BJ, when the MPP hits, install 1 module into your current BJ.  then simply buy OEM parts: a 2U or 4U rack along with PSU, cooler, fans and plunk in the other 3 modules.  you'll need an old laptop, pc, or Raspi to install integrated HF driver/cgminer and you're ready to go.

a cheap 5x power increase.  extraordinary.
"

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=270384.msg3333795#msg3333795

The news keeps sounding gooder and gooder! Ima gonna keep knocking on my forehead and hoping things proceed well with the 4 HashFast DZ MC orders already paid for (including 1 Baby Jet upgrade, with 1 more pending).
Miramyn

Activity: 169
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 10:46:29 PM

OK so parts listed arent that expensive at all. Especially when broken down by share ratio.
The controller should be easy enough since Im sure most of us have old laptops or PCs that could do the job well enough.

In that case, record my official vote for the extra hash power to remain in co-op hands

When I was younger we didn't have behavioural disorders. They called it "being a brat". It was as simple as that!
thomas_s

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:40:46 AM

I read on their website that they would ship the units themselves like you said (the modules) as well as making the empty rigs available for purchase at a competitive price.

This means that full modules will be made available to cover any MPP obligation to Batch 1 Baby Jet customers.  At that time, Hashafast will make empty rigs available for sale at competitive prices.

So when they put up one of those empty rigs we could always just pick one up if its cheap / quick.

Hopefully they won't be shipping them by UPS (DZ start kissing ass and get them to switch to DHL or FedEx so our units aren't destroyed in shipping )
mrm0

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 06:37:23 AM

With the idea to be prepared for upgrade in advance, we probably won't be able to wait for HF empty rigs?

Still, a 4U (to be able to fit a standard PS) rackmount case is ~$80 at Newegg. Fans are like $4 a piece. PS approx. $120.
Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

1BUcKJVz5n34VwuiyiLtPud1PGn3BLkcPb  :-)
bobsag3

Activity: 546

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 01:52:51 PM

With the idea to be prepared for upgrade in advance, we probably won't be able to wait for HF empty rigs?

Still, a 4U (to be able to fit a standard PS) rackmount case is ~$80 at Newegg. Fans are like $4 a piece. PS approx. $120.
Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Dont even need case etc, If you guys are ok with it my plan was 1 miner/rack, so that when MPP kicks in plent of space for my to run them in the open. No reason to spend extra money
thomas_s

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:04:25 PM

Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Dont even need case etc, If you guys are ok with it my plan was 1 miner/rack, so that when MPP kicks in plent of space for my to run them in the open. No reason to spend extra money
You know the way I'm voting lol

Open air its good to let them breath
mrm0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:11:56 PM

Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Even better Smiley

thomas_s

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:16:45 PM

Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Even better Smiley
I believe if mrm0 has shares in R3 that the official majority vote = open air...well hell bobsag3 has shares so insta open air.
mrm0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:30:12 PM

Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Even better Smiley
I believe if mrm0 has shares in R3 that the official majority vote = open air...well hell bobsag3 has shares so insta open air.

Now.. where did I put that spreadsheet?... ahh, yes, I seem to have some Wink

Cheesy

If bobsag3 thought of a safe solutionin advance (as it seems he has) then spending extra is unnecessary.

thomas_s

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 04:31:25 PM

Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Even better Smiley

Cheesy

If bobsag3 thought of a safe solutionin advance (as it seems he has) then spending extra is unnecessary.

Lol the joke was I have 50% shares so if one person w/ one share voted its insta win.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:53:01 PM

Roughly $250 total.

I vote for a fundraiser.

Even better Smiley

Cheesy

All the open rigs would be placed on some sort of secure mounting on a non-conductible surface. That means hot glue if I have too.
mrm0

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:58:55 PM

All the open rigs would be placed on some sort of secure mounting on a non-conductible surface. That means hot glue if I have too.

I am sure you addressed static electricity angle somehow, just checking..

Lol the joke was I have 50% shares so if one person w/ one share voted its insta win.

Good one Cheesy #insertMissingThumbUpIconHere Smiley

bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 04:11:20 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 04:33:28 AM by bobsag3

New goodies ordered for hosting!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P8K39G/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FBK3QK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004054GN8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

+ Big server grade UPS.

http://imgur.com/gUBBTLH
tripppn

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 02:28:44 AM

Very nice!!!  Is that all included in the price we paid or are we going to be fund raising for those?

“You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa
thomas_s

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:32:50 AM

Already included we merged the UPS funds from a bunch of rounds and bought one big UPS to cover all of them an A/C to keep them cool and a gas generator to keep it going in case of power failure

UPS keeps it up until bobsag3 can get there to turn the generator on.

So easiest way to put it DZ rounds going to bobsag3 for hosting will have an A/C / gas generator / UPS system.
bobsag3

Owner, Minersource.net

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:45:53 AM

Already included we merged the UPS funds from a bunch of rounds and bought one big UPS to cover all of them an A/C to keep them cool and a gas generator to keep it going in case of power failure

UPS keeps it up until bobsag3 can get there to turn the generator on.

So easiest way to put it DZ rounds going to bobsag3 for hosting will have an A/C / gas generator / UPS system.

Science! Dont forget the Science!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: