Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 12:46:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  
Author Topic: HashFast launches sales of the Baby Jet  (Read 119551 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
October 13, 2013, 05:18:30 PM

Are you sure?

I'm not sure of anything any more. The posts are from two different accounts, so you may be right.

It would be completely unfair to split MPP on "regular" and "additionally paid", and can't believe HF would do such a thing. They would never be believed after that.
HashFast

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 03:05:25 AM

Hey Guys,

We realized that a bit of confusion was raised yesterday in regard to the MPP. So this is the official post concerning the MPP:

HashFast will be providing all MPP customers (Batches 1, 2, and 3) with additional ASICs in the form of complete mini-boards.

Cheers,

Team HashFast

cypherdoc
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 03:22:09 AM

so just to clarify everyone's strategy.

if you bought a BJ, when the MPP hits, install 1 module into your current BJ.  then simply buy OEM parts: a 2U or 4U rack along with PSU, cooler, fans and plunk in the other 3 modules.  you'll need an old laptop, pc, or Raspi to install integrated HF driver/cgminer and you're ready to go.

a cheap 5x power increase.  extraordinary.
HashFast_CL

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

HashFast Community Liaison

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2013, 03:36:49 AM

Hey Guys,

We realized that a bit of confusion was raised yesterday in regard to the MPP. So this is the official post concerning the MPP:

HashFast will be providing all MPP customers (Batches 1, 2, and 3) with additional ASICs in the form of complete mini-boards.

Cheers,

Team HashFast

"Bitcoin enables ordinary people to fight back, to avoid and evade snooping governments, which enact, use and abuse laws that allow them, without due process, to investigate, tax, control and seize privately owned assets."  -   Leon Louw

“We can say without equivocation that firms like MasterCard, Visa and the TBTF banks like JPMorgan and Goldman hate the idea of ever having to compete for business again. They have grown comfortable in their corrupt world of writing laws for themselves without any regulatory oversight. They enjoy the exorbitant privilege of bilking the American economy with extortionary transaction rates. They are scared of Bitcoin. And they should be. It offers transparency, cost efficiency and anonymity.” - Max Kaiser
cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 08:07:45 AM

I have a Batch 1 baby jet and I bought the expansion board. Will I be able to use the MPP board with  them?

If not, why was this not though of before - you knew mpp + expansion would be needed on the baby jet?

Yes the MPP board can be used with them.

You bought the expansion board to get the extra hashing power now instead of in 3 months.
gateway

Activity: 552
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 04:57:54 PM

Ya cant wait to post some modular boards and just board stuff in general ! Smiley
iambaboon

Activity: 116
Merit: 10

bitcoin afficionado

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 10:19:05 PM

I have one BabyJet Order + one BJ upgrade order, prolly others in my situation as well. As fara as I understand, a BJ can only handle 2 chips.

Will I be able to run everything in case MPP hits ? I mean, is it enough to use some commercialy available cooling and PSU for the 'modular board' ?

If yes, what is Bitware's expansion board used for ?

"Emergencies" have always been the pretext on which the safeguards of individual liberty have been eroded. (F. Hayek)
Visesrion

Activity: 826
Merit: 314

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 10:38:25 PM

I have one BabyJet Order + one BJ upgrade order, prolly others in my situation as well. As fara as I understand, a BJ can only handle 2 chips.

Will I be able to run everything in case MPP hits ? I mean, is it enough to use some commercialy available cooling and PSU for the 'modular board' ?

If yes, what is Bitware's expansion board used for ?

This have been fully answered in the other HF but anyway.

The babyjet can just handle 2 chips because it has no more physical space in the case, not because the controller used ( a raspberry) cannot handle more chips and boards.

Simply install the upgrade or what Bitware refers as expansion board into your babyjet. If the MPP comes in all you have to do is buy some standard parts like the psu, cooling, case and a raspberry or and old pc as a controller and you are ready to go  Wink

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
████████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
DyslexicZombei

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2013, 10:42:22 PM

I have a Batch 1 baby jet and I bought the expansion board. Will I be able to use the MPP board with  them?

If not, why was this not though of before - you knew mpp + expansion would be needed on the baby jet?

Yes the MPP board can be used with them.

You bought the expansion board to get the extra hashing power now instead of in 3 months.

Well...not quite now.

I thought the promo upgrade GN module is supposed to ship about a month after delivery, no?

I'd love to find out they just said WTH & just inserted the upgrade chip if we already pre-paid for the upgrade before shipping out on Day 1.  Wink  Cheesy

==

Also, can I get an update from HashFast as to how long that Batch 1 Baby Jet upgrade promo will run? Are quantities getting low or is this deal almost expired?

The reason I ask is that I have a number of Group Buyers that either haven't checked in or paid for their portion of their allotted upgrade shares for 1 of the 2 Baby Jets we bought.

BTW: Great news about the MPP "ease of use." Thanks HashFast.
Although my miners cooperative is hardware diversified, I think you guys/gals still continue to lead the charge as far as best values and best miner protection.
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 12:25:27 AM

How can a company be a leader of anything without delivering something? Huh

gmaxwell
Legendary

Activity: 4186
Merit: 8421

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2013, 02:12:39 AM

Great.  Sorry for my confusion, I missed that it was referring to the blog post and instead though it was referring to the post shortly before on the forum. Smiley
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:07:21 AM

3 cheers for the mini boards coming with the chips...AWSOME!

couple of questions.

Does the power for the miniboard come from 2 PCI connections?

Does the data communication happen thru a USB cable?

What type of heat sinks will fit?  will a gpu heat sink screw on it?

Did I miss a spec sheet somewhere?  Any information would be helpful.

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
DeathAndTaxes
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1079

Gerald Davis

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 05:42:31 PM
Last edit: October 15, 2013, 09:04:25 PM by DeathAndTaxes

I second jjimm_64 questions.  Some detailed mechanical specs would be nice.

Until HF responds definitely, the "heatsink" is a waterblock.  IIRC it is an off the shelf self cointained waterblock, pump radiator (3x120mm) assembly for cooling Intel CPU so any similar block with matching mounting hole layout should work.   The chip package is 45mm x 45mm so the key thing would simply be a waterblock with the same mounting holes.  

Data is through usb cable.  cypherdoc has stated the boards can be daisy chained   host ----- USB Cable ----->  Board A --- USB CABLE ---> Board B .... etc.  I don't believe HF has confirmed this but it seems likely.  Off the shelf USB hubs are also an option.

I agree it would be nice to have a spec sheet with various details  
tacotime
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:11:32 PM

I sent in my NDA form into hashfast today, if it isn't under nda and they hire me I'll try and get you more info

Code:
XMR: 44GBHzv6ZyQdJkjqZje6KLZ3xSyN1hBSFAnLP6EAqJtCRVzMzZmeXTC2AHKDS9aEDTRKmo6a6o9r9j86pYfhCWDkKjbtcns
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 08:32:50 PM

I can't quite put my finger on why but my feeling is that HashFast is going to end up being the most professional and reliable of the bitcoin miner hardware companies. That is, if they make their deadline.

Of course, they don't have that tough of a competition.
dopamine

Activity: 486

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:31:16 PM

Anyone still think you will get a RIO even with the MPP? Now that we know they are going to be delay, the network just keeps going up and even if after they ship MPP  I dont see it happening...

Bitcoinica still has not given me 50% of my claim of 600 BTC
INTERSANGO can go down with bitcoinica for abandoning customers
Alberto Armandi is a SCAMMER
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:43:28 PM

I can't quite put my finger on why but my feeling is that HashFast is going to end up being the most professional and reliable of the bitcoin miner hardware companies. That is, if they make their deadline.

Of course, they don't have that tough of a competition.

Just another quote for posterity.

cypherdoc
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 09:54:51 PM

Anyone still think you will get a RIO even with the MPP? Now that we know they are going to be delay, the network just keeps going up and even if after they ship MPP  I dont see it happening...

the way i view it is i don't care to outrun the network right now.  i just have to outrun guys like Bargraphics from KNC.

presuming we have roughly the same capacity once i get my initial HF order in the next month or so, i just care to stay with guys like him until the MPP kicks in.  then i'll get 5x the hashing for free to catapult me well past him.  sure, if he wants to go out and buy 5x more capacity to stay with me, he's welcome to.  but do i think he'll do it?  no, i think he'll be forced to turn off his machines.
600watt
Legendary

Activity: 2338
Merit: 2106

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:14:00 PM

it took network 4 years to jump up to 1 peta. for the next peta it only took ... 4 weeks. good luck with your pre-orders.

Bargraphics

Activity: 518

Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do.

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:32:36 PM

the way i view it is i don't care to outrun the network right now.  i just have to outrun guys like Bargraphics from KNC.

presuming we have roughly the same capacity once i get my initial HF order in the next month or so, i just care to stay with guys like him until the MPP kicks in.  then i'll get 5x the hashing for free to catapult me well past him.  sure, if he wants to go out and buy 5x more capacity to stay with me, he's welcome to.  but do i think he'll do it?  no, i think he'll be forced to turn off his machines.

Just to throw some logic in whatever fantasy you are living in,

You only get the MPP enough to make you "Break even" after three months of seeing if you do. (I'm not even sure if this means in Bitcoins from what you paid or if it is in USD based on the bitcoins mined and price at the end of the three months, maybe you can clarify as there is a large difference quite possibly)

HashFast doesn't want to give anyone free chips/modules, they want everyone to at least break even after three months so they don't have to do this. This is common sense.

If they have to give you 4 times the chips/modules as you are claiming, that means somewhere between when you get your miners from hashfast and three months afterwards, someone dumped a TON of hashing power on the network.

By the way, three months is an eternity in Bitcoin Land. There are already pre-orders being sold for less than $2/GH by the end of February "Black Arrow announces 28nm 100Ghash Bitcoin ASIC from $1.49/Ghash"

My KnC machines are hosted for the next 7 months, completely paid for. So there won't be any turning them off as you suggested.

Also I own quite a bit of IceDrill shares which is basically the same thing as ordering from HashFast directly except they buy in bulk so they get those bulk purchase discounts every ASIC company offers, which they pass onto Investors.

I'm not "From KnC", I have KnC Machines and I told John just how many I had when I met with him well before you did. Please refrain from this warefare KnC vs HashFast. As I said in the KnC Thread I dislike you not hashfast.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 »
  Print  

Jump to: