Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 06:00:52 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Should I pay my Traffic Tickets?  (Read 8079 times)
420 (OP)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 03:47:10 PM

baltimore area. ive been picked up 3 times because of tickets over the years. they can't take what they can't find. blood from stones.  Cheesy

so they keep you for a day and let you go? hah

Hey, Here we go; here's my conversation with CHP seeing what would happen if I don't sign the ticket (get arrested)

and he says his job is for the money $:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg1TD_gCwNY

Donations: 1JVhKjUKSjBd7fPXQJsBs5P3Yphk38AqPr - TIPS
the hacks, the hacks, secure your bits!
surebet

Activity: 495
Merit: 507

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 06:49:38 PM

Again?
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:16:02 PM

baltimore area. ive been picked up 3 times because of tickets over the years. they can't take what they can't find. blood from stones.  Cheesy

so they keep you for a day and let you go? hah

Hey, Here we go; here's my conversation with CHP seeing what would happen if I don't sign the ticket (get arrested)

and he says his job is for the money $:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg1TD_gCwNY

I watched part of the video then got a little bored.

The CHP deals with all these things (I'm surprised you actually asked, indicating you don't know):

- Disabled cars
- Debris on the roadway
- Accidents
- Traffic enforcement

Surely you acknowledge the necessity of patrolling for the first three.

Now, consider what he said: he doesn't know you're the greatest driver. And so what if you've driven accros the country. That's not much. I've driven 1.5 million miles. Consistency in speed is necessary. Speeders kill. We know that.

Was your ticket for revenue rather than safety? Probably. But still, don't be one of those idiots who claims he's better than everyone else and thus has greater rights than others. If there wasn't a speed law, then you'd have more speeders, more inconsistent speeds on the highway, and more accidents.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:34:14 PM

The CHP deals with all these things (I'm surprised you actually asked, indicating you don't know):

- Disabled cars
- Debris on the roadway
- Accidents
- Traffic enforcement

Now, consider what he said: he doesn't know you're the greatest driver. And so what if you've driven accros the country. That's not much. I've driven 1.5 million miles. Consistency in speed is necessary. Speeders kill. We know that.

Was your ticket for revenue rather than safety? Probably. But still, don't be one of those idiots who claims he's better than everyone else and thus has greater rights than others. If there wasn't a speed law, then you'd have more speeders, more inconsistent speeds on the highway, and more accidents.

The video tells you where to skip to

No one else of the dozens of cars going 80 in a 65 got in an accident. NONE. His going from a stop to probably 100mph to catch up to me from a stop has much more short term risk than me flowing with the speed of traffic.

Disabled cars & debris don't merit a daily patrol. He wouldn't answer how many accidents he responds to in comparison to how many tickets; which I can guess is much more tickets than accident responses.

Cameras could detect debris and accidents and report; also this could be used to charge speeders just like red light cameras; why doesn't this happen? Well he says he'd lose his job. There's a force that would not want these because these officers would lose their job and nice income. If every person was charged for speeding from cameras every time they were on a highway there'd be public outrage.

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:39:13 PM

- Disabled cars
- Debris on the roadway
- Accidents
- Traffic enforcement

The video tells you where to skip to

No one else of the dozens of cars going 80 in a 65 got in an accident. NONE. His going from a stop to probably 100mph to catch up to me from a stop has much more short term risk than me flowing with the speed of traffic.

Disabled cars & debris don't merit a daily patrol. He wouldn't answer how many accidents he responds to in comparison to how many tickets; which I can guess is much more tickets than accident responses.

Cameras could detect debris and accidents and report; also this could be used to charge speeders just like red light cameras; why doesn't this happen? Well he says he'd lose his job. There's a force that would not want these because these officers would lose their job and nice income. If every person was charged for speeding from cameras every time they were on a highway there'd be public outrage.

Dude, you have driven way less than me and seen less than me. I routinely get stopped due to a CHP break to remove debris. Disabled cars are guarded and moved out of the way. Don't even engage with me about 1, 2, or 3.

Now, regarding speeding, I already admitted that your speeding offense is probably just a revenue generator. But that serves the purpose of preventing the less experienced drivers such as you who don't realize all the ramifications of speeding and what can happen from pushing the boundaries.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:41:37 PM

What state are you in?

I'm not pushing the boundaries. there's 85mph limits in texas. this is sunny california. 80 in a 65 is nowhere near any boundaries for handling.

My car's and most car's max is well over 100mph. spedometer shows 140+

tires are rated to 120+

Experience is not the matter here any way.

the most likely outcome of an accident is only hurting my vehicle and myself.

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 07:49:12 PM

What state are you in?

We were discussing what the CHP does. Make some deductions.

I'm not pushing the boundaries. there's 85mph limits in texas. this is sunny california. 80 in a 65 is nowhere near any boundaries for handling.

Depends on the freeway. You're still naive.

My car's and most car's max is well over 100mph. spedometer shows 140+

tires are rated to 120+

Experience is not the matter here any way.

Experience is the matter here.

the most likely outcome of an accident is only hurting my vehicle and myself.

That was a very dumb statement you just made. Please turn in your license right now.
sublime5447
Legendary

Activity: 966

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:20:08 PM

Human beings are self regulating people dont refrain from speeding because they think they will get a ticket the dont speed because they feel uncomfortable going fast.

There are exceptions, I am speaking to the real motivation that keeps people from engaging in risky behavior. It is not the threat of force from the state. It is the law of economics that people behave in ways that are in their own self interest.

If the highway patrol wasn't there individuals would get out of their cars and clear road debris, If there are no speed limits people would self regulate their speed, if there where no stop lights people would treat the intersection like a 4 way stop

The state is a gun pointed at your head everything they do is with the initiation of force against mostly peaceful people. Force and coercion is wrong not matter if it is the thief robbing the convenience store or the thief stealing from you with a badge they are both crooks who use guns to force other people to do what they want.

SaltySpitoon
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154

Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:24:25 PM

Wow 0.o how did you get a speeding ticket in the Baltimore Area? Thats where I'm at now, and they wont touch you if you are doing less than 20 over the speed limit. A friend and I got a friendly warning for going 93mph on I95, but I've actually never been ticketed.

The best part about living around here, is the police in general aren't ass hats. I've found that if you aren't killing someone or peddling crack, they leave you alone.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:28:10 PM

Wow 0.o how did you get a speeding ticket in the Baltimore Area? Thats where I'm at now, and they wont touch you if you are doing less than 20 over the speed limit. A friend and I got a friendly warning for going 93mph on I95, but I've actually never been ticketed.

The best part about living around here, is the police in general aren't ass hats. I've found that if you aren't killing someone or peddling crack, they leave you alone.

Must be nice
FirstAscent

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:30:11 PM

If the highway patrol wasn't there individuals would get out of their cars and clear road debris

I think I can refute just about everything you said by way of simply pointing out that you don't understand human behavior, haven't witnessed it enough, and are biased by way of what you want to believe.

Road debris is passed at 70 mph. By road debris, I mean ladders, lumber, chairs, bumpers, etc. In fact, it's nearly impossible to clear without a highway patrol running what is called a break, beginning a mile back.
sublime5447
Legendary

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:51:48 PM
Last edit: September 27, 2013, 09:11:42 PM by sublime5447

If the highway patrol wasn't there individuals would get out of their cars and clear road debris

I think I can refute just about everything you said by way of simply pointing out that you don't understand human behavior, haven't witnessed it enough, and are biased by way of what you want to believe.

Road debris is passed at 70 mph. By road debris, I mean ladders, lumber, chairs, bumpers, etc. In fact, it's nearly impossible to clear without a highway patrol running what is called a break, beginning a mile back.

Ya right I havent been around dude you have no Idea what you are talking about. I have more life experience than you almost guaranteed my life has been a trip.  

Short list--

Spent almost 2 years on tour with widespreadpanic
Spent 5 months in prison
taken every hallucinogen know to man
was in a fatal car accident where my girl friend was killed
Owned several business
watched my uncle die from pancreatic cancer
was an auto tech for 9 years
sunk my boat and had a 18 hour swim to shore
traveled the south east on the north florida shroom guide
am an ammature mycologist
been living on my own since 17
live through hurrican katrina right on the gulf cost the eye pasted over me
Am married with a son
was on probation for 6 years
have two felony convictions
have lived in both rural and urban communities
have paid over 100k to the state for various reasons
Sold 480 thousand dollars worth of weed in 3 months
Have carried over 100k in usd took 5 hours betwwen 2 people just to count
And much more.

I have been around    
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 08:56:11 PM

Have you lived in both rural and urban communities, multiple years each?

surebet

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:41:43 AM

And how much would that cost? Also, have you ever seen the average traffic camera? The resolution is shit. If they were to cover 100% of the road with high resolution cameras you can be sure they'd recoup that cost with the most sophisticated network of speed cameras ever.

If the highway patrol wasn't there individuals would get out of their cars and clear road debris.

So you're advocating for untrained people to stop willy nilly and risk their lives to fuck around on a highway to remove debris?

What happens if it's a couple of crashed cars?
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 04:51:37 AM

So you're advocating for untrained people to stop willy nilly and risk their lives to fuck around on a highway to remove debris?

cellphone networks and a more sophisticated digital road sign system could help this

i think I've actually pulled debris from the highway before

surebet

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:06:00 AM

cellphone networks and a more sophisticated digital road sign system could help this

This only works on the most deserted highways.

FirstAscent

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 05:34:17 AM
Last edit: September 28, 2013, 05:46:35 AM by FirstAscent

This only works on the most deserted highways.

420 has his head up his ass. He doesn't realize that in 70 mph traffic, a mangled ladder isn't even seen until the car in front of you barely swerved to miss it, at which point you're past it in half a second. It takes two coordinated individuals, one a mile behind the ladder to run what is called a 'break', and the other on standby at the side of the freeway where the ladder is, to actually get it removed from the freeway.

420, Mr. "I live and drive on a fifty mile two lane highway in the back pastures of Texas", is out to lunch.
b!z
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:19:28 AM

Stop getting tickets, problem solved.
420 (OP)

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:36:36 AM

if you don't sign they arrest you....that's what my video was showing

surebet

View Profile
September 28, 2013, 07:45:05 AM

if you don't sign they arrest you....that's what my video was showing

I think his point was more along the lines of "respect the speed limits". I'm all for policy change, but just whining after you get a ticket that resisting the process will get you arrested is dumb.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: