Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 04:16:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam  (Read 4209 times)
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:09:11 PM

well, whatever the reality , people just continue with ICO
most of them just hit and run , take a small profit , going to another ico
and continue like that .
actually
investor make that image.
i guess.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
Mikado$

Activity: 170
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:49:23 PM

Seems not really clear, but the ico scam issue is very common. It even has a majority. The ico campaigns have been missing after a while without any resurgence. Has it disappeared yet? Actually there is no pure expression to believe in ico. Recently I have participated in the ico in the bounty, but it is hard to know good ico and that I have not really experienced that.
sallydavisy

Activity: 107

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:43:07 PM

Which project must we called a scam? If we are talking about projects that will disappear in 1-2 years, he is right, but the same thing happens everywhere - in real business, startups and so on. Of course, it is does not change the fact that fraud in the cryptowrold is very high.
go4crypto

Activity: 798
Merit: 263

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 04:48:43 PM

I won't call 90% of ICOs as scams. Maybe a small percent are. However,  80-90% of startups  fail going by statistics
so after a few years, only the best 10 or 20 % of current ICOs may still be there.
sedou

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:40:15 PM

You should not call them scams. Yes there are some scams but failing as business and not delivering is not a scam everytime in my opinion.
Soroskatona

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 10:37:13 PM

They are not fake, they are just not built on a legit idea.
also, the 10% is legit worth pretty much.
These basically startups but getting crowdfunded through ICO
cryptoscoope

Activity: 184

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 01:47:10 AM

thats true 90% are scam
MintCondition
Legendary

Activity: 1147
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 03:10:55 AM

I won't call 90% of ICOs as scams. Maybe a small percent are. However,  80-90% of startups  fail going by statistics
so after a few years, only the best 10 or 20 % of current ICOs may still be there.
We can easily be noticed those that are a scam when they can't explain well their project when it seems too complicated from their whitepaper to their roadmap, but there are good projects that are not into scamming, it just happened that they failed to explain and present their project well. I still trust ICO, it will depend on how we analyzed it.

kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 03:23:29 AM

the statement struck me as absurd. ICO is a right thing real and produce. many people have already started to join in the ICO and it showed that the ICO is a definite income and not just a scam anyway. many are already proving quite up to this point much ICO evident and success.

xuv500

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 04:16:21 AM

the statement struck me as absurd. ICO is a right thing real and produce. many people have already started to join in the ICO and it showed that the ICO is a definite income and not just a scam anyway. many are already proving quite up to this point much ICO evident and success.

Agree. Not most of the ICO are scam as you said around 90%. I will say 90% are genuine and 10% are scam, that too if the ICO is not successful then they will not run the project further and the ICO will fail, obviously we'll call it scam. Apart from that there are ICO which is really a scam but you need to verify the genuine by checking their white paper, road map etc.
bohr

Activity: 994
Merit: 257

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 01:38:19 AM

But, some are just unsuccessful ICOs. The problem is that people don't invest enough time to study the project they invest in. And also IMO, most of the investors know what they are dealing with. They are just getting the bonus and dump as soon as the project is put on the exchange, so that, they can make a sure profit.

Most of them are really unsuccessful yet they didn't return the funds they get and that's the time its become a scam. A lot of ICO's everyday so I think its really hard for the developer to compete in cryptomarket and some of investors are just too busy joining into other ICO. Just be careful on joining ICO's so you will not loss the money you have.
A project that losses money is not necessarily a scam, a project may be completely legit and still fail, this happen all the time in the real world, a business is opened and one year later is closed for lack of profits, the same can happen with icos, an ico is a scam when they do not do anything of what they promised and was created with the intention of stealing the money of investors from the beginning.
EastSound

Activity: 1377
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 07:44:25 AM

it will all depend on the future projects and white paper of the ICO if that ICO will be feasible for future investments, but i agree with you that most of ICO nowadays are only money grabbing scams cause its the easiest way for scammers to get money from people who are new in crypto who dont know what they are investing .
devollito

Activity: 560
Merit: 217

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:02:48 AM

We cant say 90% are scam maybe 50% was designed to scam people but for ico which really have a plan for their project if its faild its not scam but just failed project or failed start up. When we buy on ico we are more likely buying shares or invest on start up and in the real life percentage for start up to be failed also 90% but if we invest our money in the right start up we probably will male a lot of profit from it.
Nepara

Activity: 64
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:22:43 AM

Icos are investment with high risk.Sure there are scammer ico, but sometimes a project is legit but fail
andrey755

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:04:20 AM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
At the same time, he himself has already created several of them and I believe that such people are able to drive out scammers from this income sector. But I think there should be support and governments too and not a ban as they want to do it.
webmone

Activity: 287
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 06:14:21 PM

The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

Prior to the advent of crypto currency, there were also many scammers, it's just that people need to learn how to choose projects that are safe to invest in. If a person does not investigate the project, he himself need to blame for wanting easy money and supporting the scam.   
SPINPIX

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 07:02:05 PM

yeah investing in icos is way more dangerous than invest in normal cryptos because you buy nothing, you buy just a project  that maybe it will give you some big profit or it will maybe become a very big loss for your portfolio. so before investing in icos you should do a great study about the project (if it has any sense), the team and the roadmap, after that you can invest a small amount of your holdings in that

▮▮█ # metahashYour Gate to Decentralized Internet# metahash █▮▮
#TraceChain#MetaApps#MetaGate#MetaHashCoin
▮▮█▬▬▬▬▬❰Facebook❱▬❰Twitter❱▬❰Telegram❱▬❰Ann thread❱▬▬▬▬▬█▮▮
Leah38

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:57:01 AM

90% is such a high percentage. There are good ICOs I prefer investing. Sell at profit after ICO if you're in doubt of the coin's potential. Investing is a risk. So just invest on a project with a great team, good roadmap and with a large community behind it. Its less more likely you'll loose money.
NaXxow
Legendary

Activity: 1085
Merit: 1000

ALT Add: APfc4bykKHxYSVkvzsLdQvmiTXvTgMiCRM

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:29:00 AM

Yes, numbers are relatively close to 90%. It is very hard to find somehow good ICOs. Most of ICOs are just full of promise but no actual products or results. I am hoping that someday there will be a platform to regulate ICOs.

██
         ████
        ██████
       ████████
      ██████████
     █████  █████
    █████    █████
   █████      █████
  █████▄▄▄▄▄   █████        █████
 ████████████▄  █████      █████
██████████████▄  █████    █████
                  █████  █████
                   ██████████
                    ████████
                     ██████
                      ████
                       ██
Azbit▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬● ● ● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
...BLOCKCHAIN INVESTING BANKING.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ● ● ●
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
ROGER VER
ADVISOR
  █
  █
  █
  █

███
███

█
  █
  █
  █
WHITEPAPER
● ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ●
Bounty Thread

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄████████████████▀▀▀███▄
▄███████████▀▀▀      ████▄
██████▀▀▀       ▄    █████
███▄         ▄█▀    ██████
██████▄    ▄█▀      ██████
█████████▄█▀       ███████
▀██████████  ▄     ██████▀
▀█████████ ███▄  ██████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀██████▄
▄█████████▀     ███████▄
▄██████████   ███████████▄
█████████▀▀   ▀▀██████████
█████████       ██████████
███████████   ████████████
███████████   ████████████
▀██████████   ███████████▀
▀█████████   ██████████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀

▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████ ▀███████     ▀▄███▄
██████   ▀▀█▀▀      ▄█████
███████              █████
████████             █████
█████████▄          ██████
▀████████▀        ▄██████▀
▀███▀▀        ▄▄███████▀
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
senopratama

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:44:08 AM

Maybe she could have a prediction like that, but in fact the current ICO into something that many followed everyone. This indicates many ICO who happened and correct pay. whether it's arguably 90% a scam? of course not, and it's a great one.

███             ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄          ████                   ████          ▄▄▄███████▄▄▄         
███         ▄███████████████████▄       ████                 ████       ▄███████████████████▄     
███       ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄      ████               ████      ▄██████▀▀       ▀▀██████▄   
███      █████▀               ▀█████      ████             ████      █████▀               ▀█████ 
███    ▐████▀                   ▀████▌     ████           ████     ▐████▀                   ▀████▌
███    ████▌                     ▐████      ████         ████      ████▌                     ▐████
███    ████                       ████       ████       ████       ████                       ████
███    ████                       ████        ████     ████        ████                       ████
███    ████▌                     ▐████         ████   ████         ████▌                     ▐████
███    ▐████▄                   ▄████▌          ████ ████          ▐████▄                   ▄████▌
███      █████▄               ▄█████             ███████             █████▄               ▄█████ 
███       ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀               █████               ▀██████▄▄       ▄▄██████▀   
███         ▀███████████████████▀                  ███                  ▀███████████████████▀     
███             ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀                       █                       ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀         
INTERNET OF VALUE OMNILEDGER
|

THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED
HUMAN VALUE BLOCKCHAIN NETWORK

|

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
M

█▀▀▀▄▄▄██▄
             █     ▀██▀
            █
         ▄▄▄█▄▄▄
 ████▄▄███████████▄▄████
▐██████▀▀███████▀▀██████▌
 ▀████    █████    ████▀
  ████▄  ▄█████▄  ▄████
  ▀███████████████████▀
   ▀████▄▀█████▀▄████▀
     ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄███▀▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████
   ████▀▀▀
   ████
   ████
██████████
▀▀▀████▀▀
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ████
   ▀▀▀▀
|
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: