Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 12:45:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap?  (Read 2624 times)
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 03:08:47 PM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
I think that we all will be having a new fresh look on the cryptocurrencies market, which would`nt be printed by an impression, that bitcoin is the most highest and unable to overcome cryptocurrency at the stage.

But this is the reality.that bitcoin wont never dethroned,bitcoin will forever on top one

Altcoins will always be altcoins ,will always follow footsteps of bitcoin other than that is nothing.

Look at the market cap,theres nothing can even get close enough or evel half of bitcoins percentages to say theres another coins coming to take bitcoins throne

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
upsidedown75
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1036

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 05:57:35 AM

I think this would cause a big changes in the way how bitcoin looks, and also in the way how investors see their bitcoins, so they will not any more think the Bitcoin is supreme, and the best.
Yes, it will and that is only if it happens but from the look of things, I really do not see this happening in any way.

At least, let’s even get to the stage where the market is not much speculative driven first, see how all the coins are doing on their own and how impactful they would be and let us not forget that development with bitcoin is definitely not going to halt, as that is the only reason it would be so easy for any coin to surpass it, but like I said, this is one high expectation.
spongegar

Activity: 476
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:01:15 AM

Then there will ne more people investing on that coin. I think for me, other coins such as ETH are way better than BTC. I mean the way ETH has been performing with projects and exchanges, it wil overtake it soon. Nut if you're asking if there is a ripple effect, then i guess not really that i know of.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
doraegun

Activity: 251
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:56:11 AM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

Time has change all things in the world are not steady in one place, all possible transformed to its  price value specially in crypto currency if ever those 2 samples are beat bitcoin and leading to marking cap there's no big issue about transition of price because only people are made a choice of what the best for them that's why it s gonna be happen.

https://VividToken.com   |   PUBLIC SALE  > Jun 8th - Jul 6th
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   [  ///Augment Your Portfolio  ]   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
HiringYou

Activity: 574
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:37:46 AM

I don't think it is possible but if it really happens then the demand for Bitcoin will decrease and all the investors will start investing their maximum share in that new coin.This will make the price of Bitcoin to drop and the Bitcoin investors will have to face a huge loss.If any other coin will replace Bitcoin in the market then we will finally have a new boss in the market.
galinskiydmitriy

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 09:08:27 AM

This probably won't happen. Because even if people will notice that every other cryptocurrency is approaching bitcoin, they immediately begin to move into bicton not to let that happen.
Altero

Activity: 784
Merit: 123

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 12:37:41 PM

It's absolutely there is a huge change in market trend. Maybe in that time we aren't depending on btc price anymore nor the entire market will be affected even bitcoin fall or rise. But isn't possible that bitcoin will loss it's crown as topmost coin in the market and give it into others, not even Ethereum will can have it.
maydna

Activity: 2912
Merit: 556

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 01:16:58 PM

then it will change a new position in the coinmarketcap and there will be a new era of the cryptocurrency. maybe bitcoin in that time will be stable and not too volatile like now and another coin which replaces bitcoin in the first position will lead all of the coins to the new era. meanwhile, bitcoin will compete with another commodity in the stock exchanges and will be transformed into something new.
alroys

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 02:31:03 PM

it will be difficult to happen, but because of this we are wishing, then I think the market will be very crowded if there is another Cryptocurrency that takes the position of Bitcoin in coinmarcetcap. prices will overtake each other, and this will be very profitable for traders.
cryptokia

Activity: 198
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 03:31:01 PM

I think that this case would boil all of the World up. Because for now nobody believe that some kind of coin can take the place of Bitcoin, in my country people are thinking that bitcoin is the only cryptocurrency.
mwaqar17

Activity: 462
Merit: 14

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:01:04 PM

In my opinion nothing will happen. It's just matter of time for anything to be at top. Like in start no one knows about btc and gradually it got famous and reached at the price of 20K$. Some crypto currency has to replace BTC some day. Some obviously it will be ETH to replace BTC. Then everybody will be talking about eth and it will become more famous.
BitcoinTurk

Activity: 1624
Merit: 624

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:07:16 PM

I do not think such a situation can happen, but if this happens, the market will be seriously affected first. But after a certain period of time, the market will continue to operate just as it does today. I do not think we will see any change if we look at this in terms of the parity because today many large and successful cryptocrrencies already have parallels with USD and other cryptocurrency types. I think the only change that can be seen at this point is the transaction volumes. Of course, changes in volume of this transaction will also be reflected positively in prices.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:01:54 AM

I could only think of one thing. That is change. The market may never be the same again. If it would happen other coins may now be dictating the market or maybe every coin will rise up againsts each other creating a cryptocurrency market that is varied and maybe most volatile.
The market you are describing is never going to happen, all fiat currencies use the dollars as their point of comparison and before that they used gold, so it is natural we have a single currency to price them all and bitcoin is the perfect choice not only is the oldest coin, it is the coin with the highest market cap and the coin in which everyone trust.
wewe123

Activity: 322
Merit: 11

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:52:27 AM

We can not truly say or predict what would happen if another cryptocurrency took bitcoins place in the market cap, for me I will just observe the movement if can really be a good replacement of bitcoin ,because if it can not serve like bitcoin then its useless, we can not also deny that this would happen because of this advancing technology, so there would be a new technology launched.

▀▀█▄▄    [websitewhitepaper]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution    ▄▄█▀▀
▪  A revolutionary decentralized digital economy  ▪
▄▄█▀▀      Twitter  ◽  Facebook  ◽  Telegram  ◽  Youtube  ◽  GitHub      ▀▀█▄▄
Finestream

Activity: 3024
Merit: 604

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 11:44:48 PM

We can not truly say or predict what would happen if another cryptocurrency took bitcoins place in the market cap, for me I will just observe the movement if can really be a good replacement of bitcoin ,because if it can not serve like bitcoin then its useless, we can not also deny that this would happen because of this advancing technology, so there would be a new technology launched.
Right.I think this could happen but i know it will really take a hard time replacing bitcoin's place in the market.People have been used to bitcoin and have been benefited all its potentials so for sure if an altcoin had taken place its position,that coin must be very strong and promising that people have turn their backs to bitcoin.

BronxCats

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:08:43 AM

To different outcomes, if I hold this coin then I would be one happy man, but if I missed out, pure sadness.
jho0810

Activity: 213
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:33:13 AM

I think if that many things will change and I think its hard to surpass the bitcoin of other coin because mostly of some coins relying to bitcoin.

https://usdq.platinum.fund/
Platinum QDAO StableCoins: USDQ KRWQ CNYQ JPYQ
█▀  $1MLN BOUNTY POOL  ///JOIN///  ▀█
BeGoods
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1008

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 02:49:19 AM

I think that we all will be having a new fresh look on the cryptocurrencies market, which would`nt be printed by an impression, that bitcoin is the most highest and unable to overcome cryptocurrency at the stage.
For the moment no one coin can compete with bitcoin, even ethereum though. it seems that for long term bitcoin will still continue to be the main cryptocurrency, maybe there will come some more sophisticated coins, but the key is on the user? because actually the user is very comfortable using bitcoin right now...
Wyne

Activity: 531
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 03:04:37 AM

If an altcoin will gonna replace bitcoin's spot in market cap, then, it would be marked in history where investors will surely get crazy to have at least 1 pc. of that kind of altcoin in his portfolio.  This phenomenon might happen but it takes a lot of time and gain a lot of confidence to the investors and market prior to achieving that.  In bitcoin part, it would be a great challenge to its investors on how to get back its spot in the market. 
kisscoin

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:56:29 AM

It is unlikely that any other currency will be able to stand in the first place instead of bitcoin. Bitcoin takes a solid first position and has too strong roots to go by the wayside. This is my personal opinion..
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: