Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 05:06:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What would happen if another cryptocurrency took Bitcoins place in Market Cap?  (Read 2624 times)
mbenga

Activity: 182
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 06:43:13 PM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?
We are still unable to see something like that on the horizon, however I think that it is not possible to some of the alternative cryptocurrency to replace the Bitcoin fully, just in terms of capitalisation and amount of daily trading and this would not change anything.
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nestorjacob

Activity: 85
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:07:19 PM

I think some of the altcoins are doing really well since most of them are backed by products and with time, one day, we are likely to see some of these things happening. Who knows this industry is full of surprises, everything has the ability to happen in here and If that happens one day, investors of that particular coin will be happy and more investors are likely to come into this industry as we are still battling to get more people in here.
squog

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:16:02 AM

I'd think there would be nothing different in the market. For one thing i think Ethereum being number one over Bitcoin is an effect. The one thing that would cause it is an outflow of buyers because of the huge number of projects under it. I just hope we see this cone true and eventually see a crypto currency be stable enough to be adopted.

Popov_popov

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:05:13 PM

I think this will not happen, bitcoin sits well and there will not be such another popular currency.
rossr1

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:15:04 PM

The price of the supposed new top coin would determine the price of other cryptocurrencies in the coin market. This coin would have to have some extraordinary features aside blockchain. It's clear we haven't reached that stage yet.

Every day in the whole world I created many new altcoins. To study more of them it needs much time. But I don't think that some green will get bitcoins place.
salita23

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:05:44 PM

So what do you think would happen if another Cryptocurrency (Example Monero / Ethereum etc) were to take Bitcoins spot as first in market cap?

It's hard to predict about that. Bitcoin is the first crypto currency running in this online bussiness. That's why no other token that can reach bitcoin nowadays. Maybe they can follow but never been reach.
YCryptos

Activity: 127

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:18:07 PM

This most likely does not happen. But even if some other crypto currency will take the place of bitcoin, nothing serious will happen.
Masongrae

Activity: 223

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:41:01 AM

I don’t see any problem if any of cryptocurrency becomes first. It just mean that changes happen and something better comes out. It brings new opportunities and a new challenge for us. More investment for a better tomorrow.

▬▬[  Imperium Platform  ] ▬▬   
▌Decentralized Crypto Exchange & Lending Platform▐
▬▬  PUBLIC SALE STARTS AUGUST 19th ▬▬ | Twitter  | Telegram  | ANN  | Facebook| ▬▬
efxtrader

Activity: 924

GoMeat - Digitalizing Meat Stores - ICO

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:49:02 AM

If others coin take bitcoin place as market leader, i think it fine and make cryptocurrency market more healthier. Bitcoin dominant right now above 40% and i think not healthy for others project because all investor attention only on bitcoin.

anntlevel

Activity: 286
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:24:01 AM

Then all that belongs to bitcoin will be on that altcoin together with the authority to all crypto in the market.

I think that nothing will be changed. Someone took first place bitcoin took second and go on. People still will start investing into crypto market in Bitcoin will be on the second place.
Yeah that is the mark of history. Nothing has been eternal. Every charming have to go under crucial process and methods and then sometimes it exist and sometime is just can’t made. This disturbance must create a legend within you to take the lead and take charge to stabilize such drowning thing. Only then success can be at your door step. Try not to overcome it.
noah tall

Activity: 524

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:13:08 PM

This will be the a great news if someone from the altcoins will takeover bitcoin. Ethereum can do but they still need to fixed all flaws of their blockchain but so far they are on par with bitcoin. The integration of smart contract make them famous and considered an advanced on technology. Also other project like NEO can move forward but it will take time. If 5 yrs from now other project will take over, probably we can see a great future on cryptocurrency.

Nope it will not happen any time soon, and I think ethereum will not be able to take over bitcoin positions, users are more comfortable using bitcoin for their main assets, and ethereum is just an option for their investments other than bitcoin, maybe a few years to come, there will be other competitors

I am not even sure it would happen. Probably in a long term as you have mentioned, but until we start seeing bitcoin and altcoins having real life usage and the market of each coin growing based on its demand for that usage are we really going to see the test of power in terms of market capitalization and in this case, a lot of coins and tokens are already standing on their own.
Asides that, I am not sure this is one thing we really want to be considering at all and even at that, bitcoin still will keep standing a better chance.

Damn3d

Activity: 359

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:17:17 PM

I don't know for sure what would be happening if this would be taking place but one thing I know that for now I don't see any competitors which can be the same level as bitcoin as for now.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
Cybersecurity Penetration Testing
.....on the Ethereum Blockchain......
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
        ██▌         ▄  ▄▄
        ██▌        █▀ ▄█
        ██▌       █▀ ██
        ███████████ ▀▀
                 ▀██▄
                  ███
                  ▐██
                  ▐██
                  ███
                 ▄██▀
       ███████████▀
     ▄█ ▄▄
    ██ ▄█
      ██
     ▀▀
    ▄██████████████████████████▄
    ████████████████████████████
    ████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
    ███████████████       ██████
    ██████████████▌   ▐█████████
    ████████████▀▀     ▀▀▀██████
    ████████████          ██████
     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄████▄
                        ▄▄█████▀▀███
                    ▄▄████▀▀     ███
              ▄▄▄████▀▀    ▄▄   ▐██
          ▄▄█████▀       ▄█▀    ██▌
     ▄▄████▀▀▀       ▄███▀      ██▌
    ████▀        ▄▄████▀       ▐██
     ██████▄▄  ▄█████▀         ██▌
          ▀████████           ▐██
            ▀████▌            ███
             ▀███  ▄██▄▄     ▐██▀
              ███▄███▀███▄   ███
              ▀███▀▀   ▀▀███▄██▌
                          ▀▀█▀▀

▄▄▄██▄▄▄    ▄
     ██▄            ▄████████████▀
     █████▄▄       ▐█████████████▀
      █████████▄▄▄▄▐████████████▌
     █▄█████████████████████████▌
     ▀██████████████████████████
       ▀███████████████████████
       ▐██████████████████████
         ▀██████████████████▀
           ▄▄█████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Indra32

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 04:35:04 PM

I think It will definitely be a record and many people will be surprised especially for those who barely believe in bitcoin but we did everyone know this is really difficult to achieve, it may but it will take time and consideration on the community to move on to new coins rather than on the bitcoin itself. And then there will be a new "KING" if it happens while seeing bitcoin being taken over by another altcoin in the market. It's all impossible
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:09:36 PM

Then there would be a new "KING" if that thing do happen on seeing bitcoin is being overtaken by other altcoins in the market.It would surely be a record and lots of people would be shocked specially to those who hardly believe on bitcoin but we do all know this thing is really hard to achieve,its possible but would really takes time and consideration on the community on switching out into a new coin rather than on bitcoin itself.

So lets say theoretically , People saw Bitcoin and saw its many problems involving scalability etc , and dumped all of their BTC for whatever crypto... Say they took the entire market cap of BTC into ETH or XMR...

Wouldn't it be time for people to say goodbye to BTC and accept a new King?
If ever the dumped you're talking about happen that will definitely affect the market and will cause the market to crash. As you can see the price of every cryptos are proportional to bitcoin so when the dumped happened the price of bitcoin will go down and so the other cryptos.

Quidat

Activity: 2562
Merit: 539

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:23:26 PM

Then there would be a new "KING" if that thing do happen on seeing bitcoin is being overtaken by other altcoins in the market.It would surely be a record and lots of people would be shocked specially to those who hardly believe on bitcoin but we do all know this thing is really hard to achieve,its possible but would really takes time and consideration on the community on switching out into a new coin rather than on bitcoin itself.

So lets say theoretically , People saw Bitcoin and saw its many problems involving scalability etc , and dumped all of their BTC for whatever crypto... Say they took the entire market cap of BTC into ETH or XMR...

Wouldn't it be time for people to say goodbye to BTC and accept a new King?
If ever the dumped you're talking about happen that will definitely affect the market and will cause the market to crash. As you can see the price of every cryptos are proportional to bitcoin so when the dumped happened the price of bitcoin will go down and so the other cryptos.

Good point right there, dumping btc means dumping majority of the alts as well, because btc has been the main basis of their respective value in the market.
I dont see any reasons why the btc will be dethroned by another coin/token. For the next 10 years btc still sits atop of all cryptocurrency.
One reason why alts cant take over the top spot, because when a certain alt are about to overtake btc (im sure the price will increase in a good percentage) that's where dumping takes place.
Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 09:44:03 PM

I think it is not a big deal for me since they are just all cryptocurrency and their purpose is only one. Though they have differences in the platform, their goal is to give a decentralized and digital transaction. However, it is impossible right now for the ethereum and monero to extend their sovereignty up to the first and dethrone the bitcoin since BTC upholds half of the cryptocurrency volume.

cryptoalfs76

Activity: 406

▰▰▰ MODULE ▰▰&#9

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:11:16 PM

Will thats idea is good,this means thats cryptocurrency is healthy moving and continue to grow on,because this happen means that is have a  great competition in crypto world market,otherwise this is only a specualition thats theres someone altcoins replace now in btc its place in the place in coin markets,but later or soon if some altcoins would grow and replace bitcoin in the market,will this is a good sign of healthy competition living in the crypto worlds.

Vness10

Activity: 372

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:16:06 PM

Of course I will be shock because there's a coin can beat the bitcoin but I think it's hard to think that kind situation will happen because we all know that bitcoin most price.n and popular coin in cryptocurrency and I know nothing can beat bitcoin.

http://7hash.com?ref=7f466fb77323861
Morgann

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 10:29:45 PM

In my own opinion, nothing special will happen and it will be just the same thing, the next cryptocurrency that will be going at the top will just probably grow even more since it will have a better platform.
tepakpak

Activity: 266

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 11:50:07 PM

I never thought that there was another coin that could replace bitcoin, but it could happen but it took a long time. Although bitcoin gets shifted from the main rankings, it will not change the market .. the market will run as usual.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: