Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 06:11:33 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][HUC] HunterCoin - Human Mine-able Crypto Currency GameWorld  (Read 38429 times)
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1807
Merit: 1020

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:17:16 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 04:57:17 PM by snailbrain

LATEST UPDATE>>>
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=435170.0 Release Thread

VIDEO : - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q41RW6bxpM4

http://huntercoin.org

Please see wiki: http://wiki.chronokings.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Man Hours (work) will be required to efficiently mine (collect) coins in this "reality" (or maybe bots will take over..)

MAP

_____

old Video - New Map 03/12/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYkXoFahtdo&feature=youtu.be

Old Video Demo 05/11/13
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhB7wGX1CSk
Old Video Demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nx_zKQR1brU

closed
OPEN BETA may still have miners and be working - SEE https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=330533.0

--- Will be changed---
How to Play / FAQ / Coin Distribution http://forum.chronokings.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:19:34 AM

more info coming soon

Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 02:32:25 AM

Miners will receive a percentage of coins generated within the world when certain scenarios happen (to encourage miners to process as many transactions as possible).
How do you plan on preventing people from focusing on just making these scenarios happen?

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:38:12 AM

Miners will receive a percentage of coins generated within the world when certain scenarios happen (to encourage miners to process as many transactions as possible).
How do you plan on preventing people from focusing on just making these scenarios happen?

maybe scenarios is not the correct word, maybe "events" (transactions)? (edited)...

but--- the 2 events currently are:

• Death (player will drop coins he has looted if he has not returned them to the "bank")
  • Player returns looted coins to the bank.

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2013, 07:01:13 AM

well i'm all for new ways involving cryptocoins Smiley keeping this in my watch list Smiley
wiggi

Activity: 403
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 01:43:20 PM

Very interesting project. I can't wait to see the arms race between game devs and bot devs Wink
(which is a good thing of course)

The "Also achievable, but omitted in our prototype implementation:
Fairness — players cannot see moves of other players for the current timestep, until the game state is advanced"
part is probably not necessary, if players delay their move to see other player's move first they would risk
missing their move, when next POW block is generated before they expect it.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:44:07 PM

Very interesting project. I can't wait to see the arms race between game devs and bot devs Wink
(which is a good thing of course)

The "Also achievable, but omitted in our prototype implementation:
Fairness — players cannot see moves of other players for the current timestep, until the game state is advanced"
part is probably not necessary, if players delay their move to see other player's move first they would risk
missing their move, when next POW block is generated before they expect it.

yep this is why we have left it for now... like you said, if someone waits too long they risk missing a move

QuantPlus

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:50:25 PM

Man Hours (work) will be required to efficiently mine (collect) coins in this "reality" (or maybe bots will take over..)

I've been waiting for this.

So only CPU can create random realities... this would be very GPU-resistant?
miffman
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005

PGP ID: 78B7B84D

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:52:47 PM

reserved  Smiley

always enjoy fresh additions to crypto-currencies

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
BitBlender 

█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
█ 
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2013, 02:54:16 PM

I've been waiting for this.

So only CPU can create random realities... this would be very GPU-resistant?

miners can mine coins too.. but the majority of the coins will come from the game.. and "taxes" will be given to miners.. so mining will still be good to get coins (except maybe the first couple of hundred blocks)

We tested merged mining with the early chronoking prototype thanks to the help of Eligius pool... hopefully if it's ok they may accept this version.. if so we will keep as SHA256, so will be asic mine-able.

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:33:43 PM

We tested merged mining with the early chronoking prototype thanks to the help of Eligius pool... hopefully if it's ok they may accept this version.. if so we will keep as SHA256, so will be asic mine-able.

You should definitely go for SHA merged mining. There is no other way to insure resilence from BOTNETs, 51% attacks and so on. Also, CPU
and GPU resources are fully utilized now on LTC, XPM and whatnot, and there is less and less people and hardware ready to switch to some
new altcoin. If you check current altcoin situation you'll realise even quite promising coins like XPM or YAC are having trouble with stagnating
hashrates. Do not fight for scarce resources because the same way you might get some or a lot now, you could also lose some or a lot later
and then you would be back at BOTNETs, 51% attacks and similar issues.

Interesting project you have there. If you need help with Q&A, graphics, HTML or CSS let me know.  Wink

thanks..

we will go with it if we can get a decent pool to merge mine it from the start

NWO

Activity: 392

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 01:54:24 PM

sounds interesting
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1002

View Profile
September 25, 2013, 03:32:00 PM

Interesting concept. Looking forward for further info!
ASICSRUS

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

Expert Computer Geek

View Profile
September 27, 2013, 10:18:20 PM

soooo cool keep us posted have you talked to Eric or thought about D&D type dice simulation implementation?   Cool thank you for this!

✰ If You Risk Nothing, You Risk Everything | PrimeDice.com | The New Way To Roll | *Thread*

<3<3:::LOVE^YOUR^NEIGHBOR!!!:::|+i|_33+(((PLEASE)))====>Donate if you like me!~> 157YEcD4WQ9UbhZ7NSC2FpuaYfxHe3JgF2
snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 29, 2013, 03:18:15 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2013, 10:16:15 PM by snailbrain

soooo cool keep us posted have you talked to Eric or thought about D&D type dice simulation implementation?   Cool thank you for this!

we can do dice roll DnD style.. but it won't be in huntercoin..

Huntercoin is going to be very simple, and very very slow. Getting coins is going to be time consuming... maybe you will create 20 characters, point/click a harvest nodes for each of them, then go afk for an hour or 2, then come back and send him to go somewhere else (or the bank)... this is assuming you don't get attacked and robbed by bandits

fattypig

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 01:23:01 PM

Looking forward to the game, hopefully its free to play Smiley

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 05:50:12 PM

4 Colours (spawn locations on the sides)

Probably will be the final map:

dmatthewstewart

Activity: 439

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 02:34:41 AM

Cool idea. I will definitely be monitoring this idea (and hopefully participating)

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 15, 2013, 10:31:40 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2013, 06:20:05 PM by snailbrain

Which map do you like best? (or none?)
and why? think about that this is a strategic map.. and the aim is "mining" coins (albeit manually [until some bots maybe will take over?]).. also  "being able to easily monopolise" and the opposite "never getting killed" (trapped?) needs to be thought about..

my map making skills are not the best.. but it should look better than a chess board .. we don't want to make it complex (chronokings may have a giant map).

If there is a lot of input maybe I will make a poll thread...

251 x 251 (tiles) (4 hours to cross the board.. slow game) 502x502 Map
4 Colours (RED, GREEN, BLUE, YELLOW) - spawn locations on the sides.
You cannot attack your own colour.
Chat is integrated (can chat once per block per character)
Banks in the corners (we are still debating 2 Banks or 4)..
Each of the "pocket" areas will generate coins...
The current idea is 50 coins per block... 5 Coins go to the miner, 45 coins go into the game... if someone is killed without banking, the miner gets 5-10% of the coins.. when a player banks the miner receives 10-20% of the coins -- (TBD)
The Central area will generate 10 coins per block.. the rest 1 to 3 c/b.
Click to Move
Select Multiple characters at once.. (to be able to transfer all characters, move all characters or set reward address)
Pathing
1 attack kills the enemy.. at first it sounds like a numbers game.. but 1 player cannot really control more than x players without being in a "team".. also there is the possibility of "leeches" ,people of the same colour who leech your harvest areas.. bots may be a problem eventually.. but we can ad some more complexity/ability to make it harder for them).
Map is zoomable with mouse wheel

Images removed..

GUI looks like this atm:

snailbrain (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2013, 10:46:54 AM
Last edit: October 16, 2013, 02:58:12 PM by snailbrain

Maps 4 and 5 are the most balanced ones but it is really hard to tell if that matters (and how much) before more is known about gameplay.
Also, what exactly "The current idea is 50 coins per block... 5 Coins go to the miner, 45 coins go into the game" means? 5 coins will be out
of game, e.g. can not be spent ingame, and 45 coins are ingame, e.g. can not be spent outside of game?

When the miner mines a block he will get 5 coins, like normal.. also A Total of 45 other coins will spawn in random locations in the areas on the map... the player walks over these coins and they go into that characters balance (not normal wallet)..
The player needs to take them to a bank (alive) to convert them to normal crypto currency..

There is nothing to spend in the game.. you pick up coins and cash them in (without getting robbed)...

It may be better to say:

5 Coins per block go to the miner
45 Coins per blocks worth of Ore spawn in the game.. in order to Smelt this Ore into coins, the player needs to bring them to the bank..

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  All
  Print  

Jump to: