Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 04:32:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you keep your private keys?? I need good ideas!!  (Read 814 times)
andregunawan1

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:23:07 PM

I think I will keep a private key with a memory in my mind and my memory I do not have to do with notes and I am very quick to remember and I keep in my memory and I record in my memory

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dewi89

Activity: 840
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:41:07 PM

I still keep the private key on the desktop, but if want to be more secure maybe in the file in external memory, I in the zip file as well as provide the password is quite safe
Fakrull

Activity: 210

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:55:36 PM

if i keep it in 3 places
1.Colornote app (offline)
2.messenger
3.In the book
I save it offline to make it easier for me to see it when I need my private key, such as account, password,Privit key,eth,And others.
I save in online to backup if the personal password that I keep in offline is lost / PC error ', enger friends / messenger account own different and send to my account.
millionaireshs

Activity: 353
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 03:58:15 PM

Hello guys!

I wanna hear your opinions about that.
Where do you keep your private keys? In a safe? In your pocket? In your mind??

My private keys are just in the drawer as if they were worth nothing lol

I was thinking about buying a safe, but I think that big, so hard to hide, and just to store one piece of paper?

Give me ideas please =D

It is important to secure a lot of soft and hard copy of it, is your strategy how you will manage it.
jawaher

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:02:16 PM

Hello guys!

I was thinking about buying a safe, but I think that big, so hard to hide, and just to store one piece of paper?

Give me ideas please =D

it is very risky not to keep records of your Data as private keys for wallets or IDs and passwords for various platforms, Exchange log in data and Security Answers.
Never take anything as granted and think you will remember that. Remember, the loss can be massive if you ever happen to forget your secret keys etc.

The safest way, in my opinion is that, to save your data into your google drive. It is safer than any other way.
YOU can access your data any time and anywhere you go. Or any device you use, it is always easy to access your data.
Tomcolor

Activity: 661
Merit: 10

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:03:20 PM

Personally i use laptop and desktop,I have saved my private key laptop. But I have another good idea .you can use external disk and pen drive for savers your private key.good idea and have way you can choice anyone.

Crypdon

Activity: 616
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:10:11 PM

USB stick with hardware encryption. Doesn't have to be military grade so the cheaper ones are sufficient, unless you have a sticker on it saying bitcoin keys! If by chance it get's found someone will simply format it for re-use rather than try to hack it.
jcemos9bt

Activity: 130

WayMaker Miracle Worker

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 04:26:25 PM

Hahaha Hi guys let me put it this way keep your private key, print it out in a paper laminate it and keep it where you keep your school Results i think this is the safest place first.

Flash drive save them on a flash drive notepad file and make sure you secure and lock the notepad file with password and also secure and lock the flash drive with password, what i mean by this step is, if one want to access the flash it will ask of a password and also the notepad file. in all this make sure you use a strong password.

Answer go with Advice that is how crypto Roll.
dimastegar

Activity: 798
Merit: 251

Small Trader

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 11:14:13 PM

I always put Private keys on some PCs I have. Apart from offline storage, I also downloaded some private keys on online storage so that when I needed, private keys were always there and easy to find. I have never used Hardware wallet like Nano Ledger and Trezor, but I plan to have it this year. Maybe you can try to buy Wallet Hardware if your digital assets are Many.

██████████████████
            █████  █████  █████  █████
         ███████████████████████████████
       ████  ████████████████████████  ███
      ██████████████████████████████████████
     ██  ████████████████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████     █████  ██
   █████████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ███  █████████████████▌     ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
  ██████████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  ███████████████      █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ██  ███████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████████
  ███████████████  ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ███████  ██
  █████████        ██  █▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
   ██  █████████████████▌ ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████████
    ██████████████        ██  ██ ▐█▌ ██████  █
     ███████████████████████████ ▐█▌ ████████
      ██  ███████████████        ▐█▌ ███  ██
       ███████████████████████████████████
         ████  ████████████████████  ███
            ██████  ████  ████  ██████
                ██████████████████

IDEX
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Start Trading Instantly
  BOUNTY
  Telegram
fosco333

Activity: 1260
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 05, 2018, 08:13:58 AM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D

actually it is not that hard to find where you will safe it. you just need some place with high security, water resist, fire resist, and other resist.
it could be a deposit box. store your private key or other important information to a drive, and put into the box. your information will be safe,
flood, fire, or earthquake cannot destroy your information. nice.

ostrovagaly

Activity: 238

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:53:43 PM

I save it in various places, like, print it on paper, flashdisk, hp memory, and I keep it in place, which only me who knows its place. so if one of the missing ones still exists in another app, I think, it will make my private key more secure.
WannaCry

Activity: 742
Merit: 101

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:00:21 PM

Turn it into text files and put it in your personal computer.
You can also do it in creative ways like tape the paper in some figurines bottom, or hide your thumb drive in a flower pot. Be creative so your private keys are hidden in the place you only know.
romantic007

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 07:11:55 PM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D
Hi! I store the keys in encrypted form and use the program "KeePass Password Safe". It's convenient.  And this is the safest way to store your keys

YED

Activity: 209
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:49:15 PM

All my Private keys are printed out and laminated (making them waterproof/resistant). I think keep one copy in a safe in my home and a second copy in a safety deposit box (in case a meteor hits my house)

May seem like overkill but i know my keys are safe. That redundancy is important.

I dont trust me keys online… even encrypted or in a secure cloud. im paranoid like that .
snaper14

Activity: 243

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 10:51:40 PM

I am sure so many people have told this to you but the best place are the cold wallets and day by day they have more and more security updates where you track your coins and securty

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      BRIDGEX NETWORK      │      LEND · BORROW · CONVERT · SEND     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Medium     Facebook     LinkedIn       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
joinfree

Activity: 1246
Merit: 260

1A6nybMUHYKS6E6Z3eJFm4KpVDdev8BAJL

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:01:54 PM

It is not safe to say this on a public forum, but i think that we all have our keys on safe places, i have a hardware wallet and i think that they can not be safer in any other place.
I have two copies on two different places.

Crypto Enthusiast supporting innovative ideas for the Liberalization of the world from the Centralized Institutions.
justine11

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 11:10:29 PM

my technique to keep my private keys safe and can easily found is making a lot of copies of my private key and storing them in flash drives, mobile phone and written in paper and stored in safe because i am a forgetful person i always forget things that i left that's why i always use sticky notes write all the stuff what should i do.
bjmpoker001

Activity: 406

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:46:06 AM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D

The great place for keeping passwords and keys is in your devices, your own devices.
Never use any other than your devices such as others pc, phone, or cloud to safe your file that contained your passwords and keys.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱   
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
stayeduptolate

Activity: 980
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:49:30 PM

Hello guys!

Give me ideas please =D
There are thousands of portable devices where you can store your private keys very safe and confidential and when it comes to bitcoin you need to be a little more careful because in case if bitcoin wallets the only access to your wallet is your private keys and once it has been stolen then it could never be recovered so be little more careful with your private keys. You can simply store it in any portable devices such as hard drive or pen drives or to be more precise otg pen drives which are best to store and easy to carry device.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 05:09:50 PM

i was put my private keys use my personal computer through notepad file and indeed it looks have poor securities but i have my personal computer which mean i would not allowed people use my computer even it's my own family and it's works fine for me until now that i was sucessfully store my private keys with secure and once again that don't ever clicks suspicious links because they can stole your private keys suddenly
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: