Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:20:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should Serbian speaking users get it's own local board instead of a topic?
Yes - 50 (92.6%)
No - 4 (7.4%)
Total Voters: 54

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Serbian local board application  (Read 1280 times)
examplens (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3276
Merit: 3165

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 06:21:17 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 06:49:44 PM by examplens

Due to increased Bitcoin popularity, we have a huge amount of members joining our forums, including on our Serbian topic as well.
With a huge number of members joining every day, our local topic is getting bigger and bigger each day. With a lot of active and new members, it is getting hard to follow all the topics that are currently being discussed there.

From new people asking general noob questions, up to the dumb and healthy discussions, everything is under one topic, and it is becoming impossible to follow all questions/answers and follow what is going on.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The block chain is the main innovation of Bitcoin. It is the first distributed timestamping system.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 08:00:30 PM

Unfortunately there's been a reduction in recent activities, while comparing it to aleksej996's application from last month (only 21½ pages for the past month, less than a page [on average] of daily activities).

If I were you, I wouldn't have any high hopes (for now).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aleksej996

Activity: 490
Merit: 389

Do not trust the government

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 08:10:43 PM

Unfortunately there's been a reduction in recent activities, while comparing it to aleksej996's application from last month (only 21½ pages for the past month, less than a page [on average] of daily activities).

I wouldn't have any high hopes (for now).

A board is much needed here as it is really hard to follow. People have decreased posting in there as they don't want to make the situation worse.
People critique each other there for posting too much and some users even said that they don't want to post replies in order not to overwhelm the topic.

It is quite natural in my opinion that there are waves of decline in posts on the thread due to high number of posts.
I don't think that users should continue to limit their discussion just so the thread doesn't get absolutely impossible to read.

I really hope this gets sorted soon, as people speaking a Serbian language are leaving this forum for an alternative where they can have the whole website for themselves and this community is strongest when it is kept whole.

Mods, please create a Serbain local board. We very much need it!
Dzeronimo

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 08:44:13 PM

Reduction in activities is directly related to the issue that we want to solve with local board. We have several parallel discussions in one topic and it's almost impossible to track the one that you are interested in. That's why people give up on posting. We are confident that local board will help us to grow Serbian community, which will be good for all. There are a lot of smart people with good ideas, but their English is not good enough. Let's give them a chance to contribute to our community Smiley
Andreas1986

Activity: 127
Merit: 13

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:18:33 PM

OP has a point and i strongly believe that "inside" local boards the percentage of spamming is very low in comparing with the English sections.
At least in my local board (Greek) I can say that spamming is 1% and I may say a lot
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:39:25 PM

Hey guys, what do you think about renaming Croatian local board to "Ex-Yu" board?
As most of you don't want to post in our local board for unknown reason I don't see any reason why our board wouldn't be renamed in ex-yu board(or maybe I am too old?  Grin), more people would come and board will become more interesting, after all we are speaking the same language.

Other than taxes I don't see why we should be separated. This is forum after all, and local boards with different languages are for people who understand these languages.
aleksej996

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 11:09:04 PM

Hey guys, what do you think about renaming Croatian local board to "Ex-Yu" board?
As most of you don't want to post in our local board for unknown reason I don't see any reason why our board wouldn't be renamed in ex-yu board(or maybe I am too old?  Grin), more people would come and board will become more interesting, after all we are speaking the same language.

Other than taxes I don't see why we should be separated. This is forum after all, and local boards with different languages are for people who understand these languages.

This might be a very nice incentive as it would bring more cooperation within the region in this community, so I can't say that uniting under a same board is a bad idea. However, the reason for a need of a local board is not just for a language, but for the topic of discussion.

In Serbian topic people discuss a lot about Bitcoin related topics that are specific to the country.
As Serbia is not part of the EU, it has a huge difficulty in buying and selling Bitcoin and that is being discussed a lot. It is kinda isolated economically.
Mining is probably discussed quite differently in Serbian topic as well, since I think that electricity is substantially cheaper in Serbia.
Laws, regulations and it's enforcement are also very different and the economic capability (of acquiring hardware for example) is very different as well.
All of these very different situations bring very different topics of discussions that are irrelevant for all the other boards.

I am afraid that Serbian users would have to scroll just as much through this combined board to find relevant topics, as they already have to do in their current local topic. The issue would just be brought to the Croatian users as well, since they would have to scroll through topics that are irrelevant to them as Serbian users all switch to this board.

So it is a very nice thought that maybe could be implemented in order to bring people together, but it kinda defeats the purpose of local boards in the first place.
Barbut

Activity: 1694
Merit: 502

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 12:56:23 AM

We definitely need more space! We need different sections! Its already a mess, but with local board we can sort it out somehow, and there would be more activity, people will be able to make some meaningful conversations.

We can make more comments there, and in same time more mess, but that is not a point. We need a bit more free space for more activity, and we need support to make that happen.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
TheNamesHankFuckface

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:54:41 AM

Thats because many are posting in Croatian sub. Examples:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2748193.0
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2772282.0

Its really hard to follow Serbian thread.
SFR10
Legendary

Activity: 2996
Merit: 3417

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 05:00:14 AM

A board is much needed here as it is really hard to follow.
We have several parallel discussions in one topic and it's almost impossible to track the one that you are interested in.
Following discussions on less than a page (on average) of daily activities shouldn't be that hard (IMHO).

People have decreased posting in there as they don't want to make the situation worse.
By doing that, they're not helping this situation (local board application) either...

People critique each other there for posting too much and some users even said that they don't want to post replies in order not to overwhelm the topic.
That's why people give up on posting.
Then that should change (based on my observation, it's the only way).

I don't think that users should continue to limit their discussion just so the thread doesn't get absolutely impossible to read.
Agreed but it's not on that scale (yet).

As most of you don't want to post in our local board for unknown reason I don't see any reason why our board wouldn't be renamed in ex-yu board(or maybe I am too old?  Grin), more people would come and board will become more interesting, after all we are speaking the same language.

Nice suggestion.

I am afraid that Serbian users would have to scroll just as much through this combined board to find relevant topics, as they already have to do in their current local topic.
Two different main sub boards can be created (to solve that issue) there (one for "Croatian topics" and the other for "Serbian topics"). This way it will be well organized.

We can make more comments there, and in same time more mess, but that is not a point.
We need a bit more free space for more activity, and we need support to make that happen.
I understand these valid points but in order to have your own local board, there should be a significant demand/need (unfortunately that's not the case at the moment and based on what I've seen from similar proposals, such stats aren't good enough).

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
mefisto0603

Activity: 20
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:20:45 AM

Quote from: TheNamesHankFuckface on Today at 02:54:41 AM
Following discussions on less than a page (on average) of daily activities shouldn't be that hard (IMHO).

hmhm...and in this way you are reducing forum to chat.

What if i am interested in bitcoin price...and that was discussed on page 567.
Or mining equipment...on price 677, or cloud mining on page 234, or i want to find some info about some alt (page 666 ? ). Read through whole tread ?
I don't get it....why is it so hard to give us space to grow ? Limit community of whole country to one thread and forcing us to use Croatian boards...then say we don use our own enough Smiley ?
Cmon dude ...we don't use because it grow too much to be organized.
Also, using croatian boards is ok for some things but our countries are different enough (prices, legislation, banks, in/out fiat etc...) that we need our own space.

I really don't see a problem here, but...what is the big picture reason we don't get a board ?
aleksej996

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 10:58:05 AM

Thank you for your insight SFR10, you are always very informative when this is being discussed.
But it seems like Serbain speaking users disagree very much with you, including me.
I don't know a single user there that hasn't had a problem with a difficulty of following topics and had to decrease his level of activity there.

I know it might not seem like it, but it isn't just about the number of pages made in a single day, but the amount of different topics as well.
People hold same discussions for multiple days/weeks and they have to give up if they haven't logged in for few days as they don't have the time to read full pages of responses and you don't know if someone replied to you until you read every single post, because it could be about anything.

By doing that, they're not helping this situation (local board application) either...

We are very well aware of this of course, it is just that we have no choice.
Serbian users have been waiting for their own board for years and confidence in getting it has decreased a lot.
People don't see it coming any time soon, so they have to take immediate action to relieve the issue.

Big picture here is that users have been waiting for a very very long time and were always given an impression that the local board is right around the corner, but exact requirements were never given so they are always told the same thing again.
To be honest, when there is such an issue of overwhelming amount of posts and waiting for years to fix the issue, people get very stressed and start giving up. They just don't feel like their issues are being addressed.

As for the same board, as we all said, we already use it sometimes, but mostly we don't for the reasons already mentioned. It is the same problem of getting lost in a see of irrelevant posts. I like the idea, it has a nice incentive, but unfortunately it is just not reasonable.
There are discussions that are left behind weeks ago, as some users can only log in once a week, but nevertheless hold very important discussions.
We wouldn't be asking for it so much if we really didn't need it, but trust us, we very much do and would be very thankful if we were finely moving in the direction of getting it, as promises to eventually get it are getting very old and people have lost all their confidence.
mininggrunt

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 11:33:43 AM

Quote from: SFR10

Quote from: aleksej996
I am afraid that Serbian users would have to scroll just as much through this combined board to find relevant topics, as they already have to do in their current local topic.
Two different main sub boards can be created (to solve that issue) there (one for "Croatian topics" and the other for "Serbian topics"). This way it will be well organized.

This seems like an OK solution if we can't get a full separate section, we just need an option to have more then 1 active topic. It's just way to tiring to have one spammable topic, not everybody wants to read the same stuff and if you don't visit the forum every day it's even worse, trying to find the last post that's relative to your interest is not fun at all.
examplens (OP)
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 11:49:55 AM

Maybe you are right.
but Serbian topic has 550247 views and this is much more than the Hebrew language which has his own board
we have the biggest activity in all "other language" section

A board is much needed here as it is really hard to follow.
We have several parallel discussions in one topic and it's almost impossible to track the one that you are interested in.

It's easy for you to say that. You are registered: 12 June 2015 and you have a lot of experience.
we are talking about a discussion where often interrupts matters with the question talked about it before a month ago

People have decreased posting in there as they don't want to make the situation worse.

it is very hard to make any constructive discussion when many people speak at the same time.
I'm tired of "on page xxx you have an explanation".

That's why people give up on posting.
Then that should change (based on my observation, it's the only way).

Agreed but it's not on that scale (yet).

Nice suggestion.

Just one topic is not enough, the same problem remains. All discussion on one topic is the essence of the problem.
Also mixing between Serbian and Croatian can't be a good solution. There are many reasons. aleksej996 gave some of the real reasons

there is no real answer for OP. People from Croatia can't give right answer because this is exclusively for Serbia.
Also, I know the right answers, but I am not going to Croatian board and I did not even know about this topics.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
zikabra

Activity: 574
Merit: 139

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 02:06:22 PM

there is no real answer for OP. People from Croatia can't give right answer because this is exclusively for Serbia.
Also, I know the right answers, but I am not going to Croatian board and I did not even know about this topics.
Yes, there is, some guys from Serbia already answered both questions https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2748193.msg28854766#msg28854766 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2772282.msg28357304#msg28357304.

@Examplens you don't have problem with answering topics all over the English forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=314792;sa=showPosts but you have problem answering topics in Croatian board.
It seems that your reason is rather political than logical.
examplens (OP)
Legendary

Crypto Swap Exchange

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2018, 02:20:42 PM

Yes, there is, some guys from Serbia already answered both questions https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2748193.msg28854766#msg28854766 and https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2772282.msg28357304#msg28357304.

@Examplens you don't have problem with answering topics all over the English forum https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=314792;sa=showPosts but you have problem answering topics in Croatian board.

No mate, you are wrong. I just not going on this section of forum because there is mostly discussion about local thing where i am not competitive.
I am going to topics which is my sphere of interests.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
e
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████
████████████▄███
██▐███████▄█████▀
█████████▄████▀
███▐████▄███▀
████▐██████▀
█████▀█████
███████████▄
████████████▄
██▄█████▀█████▄
▄█████████▀█████▀
███████████▀██▀
████▀█████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
c.h.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
▄██████▄▄▄
█████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███░░█████████
███▌▐█████████
█████████████
███████████▀
██████████▀
████████▀
▀██▀▀
aleksej996

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:32:48 PM

Please don't make this discussion political. We are all part of the same community here and share similar values.
Point of this topic is that almost all of us can agree that we need a place for local discussion and that a single topic hasn't been enough for a long time.

As for using the Croatian board by Serbian users, I don't think anyone wants that as it would bring irrelevant topics to both sides.
I really don't see a reason why Croatian users would be happy with losing their board and renaming it so the entire region that has very different topics can use it.

If admins have to bring us under the same roof due to some technical reason then that is fine, but there is no doubt that the best solution here is for Serbian speaking users to finely get their own local board. I believe that activity in Serbian speaking topic is a lot bigger now than activity in some of these boards when they were created and according to examplens it is even bigger than current activity in Hebrew language board.

There is no doubt that Serbian users desperately need their own board, the question is will they be able to get it or not. I think we all hope here that they will.
Cryptodiscuss

Activity: 518
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:16:16 PM

It is realy crowded on serbian topic, and there are a lot of newbies all the time that are asking basic questions and we want to help them, but we all get lost in wild forest of posts, and then all lose sense... We cant efficiently help new members, and old members, and expirienced miners, traders etc. are forced to move to other topics. Its shame that newbies cant vote here.
Mods please give us local topic board.
aleksej996

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 10:48:27 AM

It is realy crowded on serbian topic, and there are a lot of newbies all the time that are asking basic questions and we want to help them, but we all get lost in wild forest of posts, and then all lose sense... We cant efficiently help new members, and old members, and expirienced miners, traders etc. are forced to move to other topics. Its shame that newbies cant vote here.
Mods please give us local topic board.

Yes, that is a serious problem now. A lot of new users asking questions on top of old discussions.
The worst thing is that these new users definitely can't keep up with the discussion, even older users can't, but especially not newbies.
This really slows down the growth of the community, not just Serbian community, but Bitcoin community as a whole.
mobiland

Activity: 32
Merit: 2

View Profile
February 26, 2018, 12:34:35 PM

This is very good idea,it's really hard to track all post in only one topic.I suppose that we will get local forum for users from Serbia.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: