Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 01:22:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Reading Whitepapers  (Read 23710 times)
Lala Sravan

Activity: 182
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:16:30 AM

White paper is the main source for that particular coin. To know about their project and coming progress. So white paper will help the crypto investors.
SeXy

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 07:20:09 AM

Honestly, it seems to me that most people even those who buy tokens do not read whitepapers.
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:00:01 AM

Honestly, it seems to me that most people even those who buy tokens do not read whitepapers.
Well, that is somewhat sad truth that sometimes we are lazy to read whitepapers, we are not thinking what its inside and its content, we are just relying on the peoples view especially when we have seen that a lot of people are investing in it we are just going with the flow.

kerpangan64

Activity: 100

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:05:02 AM

yes, it is necessary we learn more deeply because only premises so we can understand what the purpose in the work of the currency crypto, besides that in whitepaper also described the movement of the project in some time ahead. seen from the paragraph arrangement in the whitepaper also we can know the project is good or not to join us in it, either in ico program that held or bounty campaign offered.
carlisle1

Activity: 2744
Merit: 541

Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 08:15:40 AM

More than half of users that joining bounties or campaigns dont read white papers instead just looking about how much they gonna earn by joining.th if the project turns as scam.they will shout and shout to be a victim,but they did put themselves to take the bait..if they only give time reading whitepaper they might not end up as thay
Ant112990 (OP)

Activity: 21

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

Whitepaper is the right thing to know if the project has a potential or not, but sometimes the whitepaper they provide is just a trap so you need to have a background check on that project to be sure that project is legit and not just a copy pasting from others and remember there is a lot of ICO was scam so beware on it.

Yes very true thats why Its also good to review teams and make sure everything else checks out.
Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 03:33:21 PM

The first thing I do when I get acquainted with a new project is study WhitePaper. Only there you can find all the necessary information about the project, including the Idea, Team, Prototype, Token Sale and much more.
Reading materials is very useful for those who want to achieve, I always look for the useful material of experienced people to leave, where they write and share with me the experience to get rich, the New ideas and the most effective ways to invest, I like to read the books of successful people say their success.

Yeah, those are definitely good things to practice while participating in this market.
Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:04:34 AM

Don’t be afraid to look up words you don’t know, and don’t be afraid to learn something new.
Sure it can be tedious and overwhelming but if you’re interested in deepening your knowledge of this space, white papers are a good source and there are plenty out there for you to explore.
After you’ve read over a few of them you’ll begin to develop a better sense of what makes a good white paper, which is also an indication of the quality of the crypto project itself.
You’ll notice things like:

What kind of info they are leaving out
If their project has legitimate use cases
The type of philosophies that are behind the project.
Slowly but surely you’ll begin honing your skills and developing more confidence in your knowledge of this space.

Yeah im definitely teaching myself, alot of information im finding out about how technologies work and how specific they get to resolving issues and creating solutions. Very interesting also trying to follow a team and make sure that they are keeping their word in the development narrative as well.
zhangcaisbsbn55

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:10:59 AM

reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?
Im about to read deeponion's!
Thanks for your advice and I read them for good information and with them I can make my investment more wise.

cryptotaste

Activity: 84

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:11:01 AM

Before following an ico bounty you may check the project site or ann thread and whitepaper. review their team.Reading the original Bitcoin and Ethereum whitepapers can be quite informative. Most whitepapers these days are full of unnecessary buzz words and ambitious promises.
photo123

Activity: 198

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:16:30 AM

reading whitepapers is a great source of information for new people to the cryptospace, alot of these concepts seem very not needed sometimes I recommend you new folks to read Mybit whitepaper it will definetely open your eyes to a few pockets of the blockchains usage with certain sectors of the cryptosphere.

Anybody else has a couple of informative whitepapers, that opened your eyes to a certain technology or undervalued market or just good information?

IF you are an investor you need to read the whitepaper because it has all the plans and knowledge about the project only a fool won't READ the whitepaper.
Haunebu

Activity: 3066
Merit: 969

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:23:01 AM

White papers are in fact the only legitimate way to know about an ICO or a developed coin. its information rich and avails all there is to know about the project. be sure to check on the team of developers and their credentials, the manner in which the tokens are hared, and the value it intends to add on the existing market.
Completely true. So many investors blindly invest into ICOS who provide no whitepaper sometimes and expect profits when the truth is that they end up getting scammed at the end which is completely their mistake. According to me, whitepapers are the best way to conduct research on a particular ICO and observe whether it is legit or not. This strategy helped me invest into legit companies only and I have never been scammed by a single ICO until now which goes to show how important whitepapers are. Remember to read the entire whitepaper and check every detail.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Bokugo

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:41:54 AM

White papers are in fact the only legitimate way to know about an ICO or a developed coin. its information rich and avails all there is to know about the project. be sure to check on the team of developers and their credentials, the manner in which the tokens are hared, and the value it intends to add on the existing market.
Completely true. So many investors blindly invest into ICOS who provide no whitepaper sometimes and expect profits when the truth is that they end up getting scammed at the end which is completely their mistake. According to me, whitepapers are the best way to conduct research on a particular ICO and observe whether it is legit or not. This strategy helped me invest into legit companies only and I have never been scammed by a single ICO until now which goes to show how important whitepapers are. Remember to read the entire whitepaper and check every detail.
A carefulness read all whitepaper and check for every detail to be done. Make sure to check on the team developers for avoid scammed in the end.
Sometimes the majority of people consider whitepaper as a source of to get further information about the ico.
poochoorookooy

Activity: 85

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:53:30 AM

I am pretty sure that not many people read whitepapers. But those who do - they develop.
I usually skip all technological side cause I am not a tech guy, and concenrate on general idea, global vision (what project is going to achieve, which problem to solve), team, advisors and hardcap (plus % allocation to the crowdsale).
I see that today people used to follow influencers and have very little personal understading and expectations. Currently market ignores some great projects because nobody from influencers speak about them - everubody is looking for new ICO with X2-4 forgetting that there are old great projects that are ready to explode.

It pains to say, but it is true. Not many people actually see the importance of checking out the whitepaper, because to many, it is just waste of time. I would say that having useful information about something, especially when it talks about money and investment, would always be good to have. Some people just try to downplay it because they don't want to spend hours and hours on reading about something, when sometimes, they don't even understand what's in it. I think that if you are serious in this market, then you should apply due diligence in every move you make to avoid losses and get as much profit as you can. After all, that is the end goal.
andthereyou

Activity: 616
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:58:35 AM

Reading whitepaper is very important for the investors who believed in the fundamental analysis. But WP is no use for traders who rely on the price action.
Lerikaweb

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

The Fourth Generation of Blockchain in DeFi

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 08:33:35 PM

People seldom read whitepapers, they mostly focus on team members and feedback and the technology is usually left behind.

DRK Defi| The Fourth Generation Of Blockchain In Decentralized Finance
────── The Epicenter of the DeFi Ecosystem ──────
WebsiteDraken ExchangeDrakenXTelegramTwitterFacebook
ClayDouglas

Activity: 104
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:20:40 PM

Today I read quite a few whitepapers. Not the whole thing, but rather the focus of the coin. It was not fun because my mind wasn't into it. I did read the deeponion white paper, but this was like a month ago. It was pretty good, so I bought some of that coin. Today I read Decentralized ID, and Napolean, but they didn't capture me.

Another thing that I must do is keep a list of the whitepapers that I read but was not interested in, because I'm pretty most of the whitepapers that I checking out at the moment I already checked a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to keep track, so many ICOs.

which white paper got you into investing in the company?

This was a couple of days ago and I already forgot what I read, and even the name of the ICO's I mentioned. (Napolean and Decentralized ID). As far as DeepOnion, it's a low marketcap coin that has a large amount of members. It seems professional and a lot of development. Better safe than sorry, I invested a little bit into it. So it's not just the white paper, but how many eyes are on the coin.
junjunsalsalani

Activity: 183
Merit: 10

equitybase: Crypto Real Estate Exchange

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:30:52 PM

It will be the whole project's information,summary of the whole project's mission and mission,all of the important information about that project should be at the whitepaper,a brief summary of the things you need to know,the nature and the logic behind its technology can be find in the whitepapers so you can easily know if the project or coin is a good investment.

Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:32:20 AM

I don't think that reading whitepapers is the best source of information to learn about blockchain technology.
When you invest in token, you need to read whitepapers, obviously, and as a side effect, it can increase your understanding if you google every unfamiliar terms. But whitepaters aren't real scientific papers. Some of them look like it, but for those familiar with science there is often a lot of useless stuff in them, groundless claims, and often lacking important stuff, but you might not notice it. They're good for learning about about a particular project, but not the technologies.

It's better to aim for the scientific papers. This is a source of knowlege that haven't been (or never will be) printed in books yet, let alone any blogs, forums, whitepapers, seminars.
Alredy mentioned classic Satoshi work is a good start:
https://bitcoin.org/bitcoin.pdf
More bitcoin research here:
https://en.bitcoin.it/wiki/Research
And sometimes you can find something interesting relating to blockchain in such libraries as:
https://arxiv.org/

It's important to learn how to read these papers efficiently. First of all, accept as a fact that you can't read them all. Proper science papers designed by the strict rules, exactly to make reading as efficient as possible.
First you read the title. If it sound interesting, continue.
Read the abstract. If you interested in these things, continue (there's no "additional gems", if there's nothing for you in abstract).
Then you read the conclusion. To see if there's valuable results (they could be negative but still interesting to go furher to see why). And if you still interested, then read the paper.
If you liked it and it's not too old, don't skip the references section, you can often find very interesting papers there.

It's good to know how real science papers are written and get used to it. When reading the whitepapers and comparing them between projects, it'll be more clear what are strong and weak points of the project. It can be an additional metric when looking at ICO: is their whitepaper looks more like science paper or like advertising booklet.

Hey thanks for the reference.
Ant112990 (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 01:43:05 AM

Today I read quite a few whitepapers. Not the whole thing, but rather the focus of the coin. It was not fun because my mind wasn't into it. I did read the deeponion white paper, but this was like a month ago. It was pretty good, so I bought some of that coin. Today I read Decentralized ID, and Napolean, but they didn't capture me.

Another thing that I must do is keep a list of the whitepapers that I read but was not interested in, because I'm pretty most of the whitepapers that I checking out at the moment I already checked a couple of weeks ago. It's hard to keep track, so many ICOs.

which white paper got you into investing in the company?

This was a couple of days ago and I already forgot what I read, and even the name of the ICO's I mentioned. (Napolean and Decentralized ID). As far as DeepOnion, it's a low marketcap coin that has a large amount of members. It seems professional and a lot of development. Better safe than sorry, I invested a little bit into it. So it's not just the white paper, but how many eyes are on the coin.

Yeah there whole set up seems Interesting make sure you register for the air drop and get the required tokens so you can get the air drops every friday.. I'm pretty sure when people get onto It it will be like 300 dollars a token.. balance is 50 token minimal for the airdrops.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »
  Print  

Jump to: