Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 02:56:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it digital gold?  (Read 1026 times)
mridulhasan

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 04:49:04 AM

Bitcoin is the digital dollar, but in my opinion, Bitcoin is not gold. Because gold is used as an ornament from ancient times. And Bitcoin is a digital  high quality currency. Although both gold and Bitcoin are valuable. But Bitcoin is not modern gold.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cheann20

Activity: 344
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 04:58:19 AM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

Yeah bitcoin is digital gold.  Becuase its value is so high. For me it is more than gold.  Becuase bitcoin is volitile,  we didnt predict its value.  But if in long term the of bitcoin is much higher.
shuvo999

Activity: 112

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:00:56 AM

Bitcoin is the digital dollar, but in my opinion, Bitcoin is not gold. Because gold is used as an ornament from ancient times. And Bitcoin is a digital  high quality currency. Although both gold and Bitcoin are valuable. But Bitcoin is not modern gold.
Bitcoin does not resemble gold in any way. There are huge differences between gold and bitcoin. The major difference is that gold is highly involatile but the bitcoin is famous for its volatile nature.. gold is limited to ornaments and is not highly decentralised but bitcoin offers big security by being decentralised.
Hui8

Activity: 602
Merit: 259

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 05:13:32 AM

Bitcoin is like digital gold ........ is it correct? It is a transferable asset but not duplicable ..... do you agree? What are the points in favor and those against this statement? I would like a very analytical and specific arisposal.

Who said we can not duplicate it. The Algo of bitcoin is used everywhere on the GitHub and other programmer center to replicate it in the altcoin code and that is strongest reference for it. On the other hand from where you think the fork coins are coming? The best way is to copy bitcoin codes!

It could have been digital gold if it would have been precious and stable in value. But it’s not that stable and there are many other coins which are far stable than bitcoin and are easy to get profit with. It’s all about the money after all.
0t3p0t

Activity: 1554
Merit: 352

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile WWW
February 28, 2018, 05:17:55 AM

Yes of course I agree with your statement because Bitcoin is a new form of digital gold, a popular cryptocurrency that is now mainstream as adoption increases and the world is getting crazy with it. Though Bitcoin is not as stable as physical gold but try to look at it's price now it even surpasses the value of some valuable centralized assets like precious stones and metals. For me it is the fastest and the safest asset to have for a lifetime due to it's decentralized blockchain technology where no required middleman during transactions.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
prtty2gal2

Activity: 1092
Merit: 523

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:20:23 PM

yes of course, bitcoin is more than gold.btc is a way of getting rich.it's price is sky rocket. by btc people are more profitable. that's why I think it is digital gold.
If something which is digital and giving you profit, does it make it gold? Because the point is that gold has its physical identity and has proved its worth through out the history whereas bitcoin has just entered the market some 9 years back. I think bitcoin will not be called gold in the near future but it will be called “BITCOIN” instead as it will make its own name in the crypto field. One thing which is clear that there isn’t any other digital thing which has profited as much people as bitcoin.
Finnsimon

Activity: 60

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:39:01 PM

Yes i agree, in my opinion, bitcoin is like a digital gold, because has a big value, but it increases and it is also an asset like gold. But bitcoin is under the process of technology system or stored in a computer or gadget that is why it may call digital gold.
usam_coiner

Activity: 42

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 03:52:05 PM

Yes i agree, in my opinion, bitcoin is like a digital gold, because has a big value, but it increases and it is also an asset like gold. But bitcoin is under the process of technology system or stored in a computer or gadget that is why it may call digital gold.
i think comparing bitcoin with gold and named as gold is injustice gold is only in reach of wealthy person now but bitcoin is open for all and it is not digital gold it is simply a currency which is followed by the visionary people who are some motives and goals about their future and it is way better than gold.
azguard2

Activity: 106
Merit: 14

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 06:02:54 PM

In one word is yes, cuz every crypto in mined and as such this is consider as digital gold. Every precious metal like gold is mined so bitcoin litecoin ethereum and so on are mined so that they can be sold latter for money.
BTCappu

Activity: 516
Merit: 38

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:34:49 AM

In general, both gold and bitcoins are valuable assets. However, gold has long been considered the safest investment of money. Bitcoin is volatile and, in essence, represents a very risky investment.
These both have their own pros and cons. Gold is better is some fixed attributes and bitcoins are better related to other attributes and traits. It is us who have possibility to take out the chance and use anyone of them for our own better earning. Gold is safest income as per the developing era but bitcoins are not better in this case because they are new. But bitcoins give more profit ratios while gold don’t.

▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬          ♦     Betnomi     ♦          ▬▬▬▬▬  ♦  ▬▬▬▬▬
300% Deposit Bonus       //     100% Rakeback     //     20% Weekly Cashback
▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄   ▄
creamy08

Activity: 102
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 05:48:31 AM

Yes it can be classified as a digital gold,although bitcoin is more valuable than a real gold but it is exotic and hard to find like gold.Duplicating bitcoin is hard and if someone can make it i think only its creator can make it.It is a gold that only exist online and not in physical thats the only difference between the two.
shulio
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 06:57:18 AM

Yes it is like digital gold. But there is a difference. Gold can be found under soil and its amount may increase. But Bitcoin do not.
El_rancho

Activity: 84
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 07:02:31 AM

That's one good way of calling it, digital gold. It's precious and pricey. Both are very valuable and they symbolize wealth.
Different in several ways but both exhibit similar properties that made them valuable and highly in demand, gold's market
value and position is more definitive and somewhat quintessential throughout the years. It's tangible and surely will last longer
than any currency. Bitcoin is somewhat like gold only in digital and parallel in a sense it resembles the grandeur, splendor and
exorbitance that of gold. Both are profitable and share some volatility. Bitcoin is still in it's infancy period, it could change and
surprise everyone.
Alalex

Activity: 280
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:12:01 AM

Digital gold is a kind of high value coin cripto, and useful for us.
So the way gold cripto coin is used for access to digital payments that can be done in the area until it is sent even though a country.
This is evidence of the development of useful digital information technology .
Certainly if we want to do transactions out of state / within the country, we can use gold coin cripto.
So cripto gold is digital coin money that can help us in making payment transactions through the world of digital technology.
There may also be cripto money in the form of gold coin, which can be used directly for use.

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:16:03 AM

By the way bitcoin is not a digital gold it is a digital currency.So it is not fair to compare it to gold a metal.

Currency also transferable and not duplicable so if you have any valid point to say this a digital gold then I will agree with you.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:26:31 AM

Gold is used as safe heaven assets while bitcoin can't be compared as digital gold because of high volatility and price instability. Gold also being backed up by real commodity supply while bitcoin didn't backed up by anything other than the prices. In case of economic fallout, gold can maintain its price stability and already proven in 2008 house bubble, 2011 greece bankruptcy while bitcoin hasn't prove anything other than increasing demand in december and followed by overnight fallout in January. Its a high risk and also high gain investment but not a safe heaven investment, yet.
Blackrosek

Activity: 37

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:34:43 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency. It is compared to gold but it will not be gold. I'm just new here So I do not have much idea about Bitcoin.But Bitcoin is not a digital gold to me. Although gold and bitcoin help people differently.
Ismat Morshed

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:41:25 AM

Bitcoin is not digital gold. It has similarities to gold.It is a digital currency.Gold is used as an ornament from ancient times. And Bitcoin is a digital  high quality currency.Although both gold and Bitcoin are valuable.
max1616

Activity: 434
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:44:53 AM

We can not look at Bitcoin as gold.
Bitcoin as location can be in dollars or euros.Because the most traded coin.
As a value we can call it diamonds or plutonium Smiley
Haterstestbtc

Activity: 329
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 08:58:28 AM

Bitcoin is a digital currency. It is compared to gold but it will not be gold. I'm just new here So I do not have much idea about Bitcoin.But Bitcoin is not a digital gold to me. Although gold and bitcoin help people differently.

Absolutely, it can be comparable itself to gold because gold is the highest price of all elements and bitcoin is the highest price of all crypto currencies even though they are volatile but it has a big difference whennit compare to other cryptos.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: