Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 01:18:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitcoin as national currency?  (Read 964 times)
Weirdwas

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:42:59 PM

It's possible but for now it still feels much like a far fetched idea. There are issues to be sorted out with bitcoin before we can consider using it as a national currency such as transaction times and fees.
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LuvCyanide

Activity: 252
Merit: 11

Decentralized Digital Billboards

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:51:40 PM

I don't think Bitcoin will be a national currency. Bitcoin is and will be the world digital currency. Some day it will be approved by most countries.

catok broek

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 09:52:35 PM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??

that is almost impossible. I think Nations would rather create their own crypto currency than use bitcoin for their national currency. Bitcoin is decentralized that traded without legal financial supervisor as a condition becoming a national currency.
baconlike

Activity: 308
Merit: 3

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:19:54 PM

Can not be, Bitcoin though created for the purpose of fast, low cost transactions. Alternative cash in the future but I do not think BTC cleared the cash register. BTCs are very risky and are only suitable for intellectuals. Some of them are not familiar with BTC they can not make orders and some places are poor. They have no machines to hold the BTC. BTC can not replace cash. I think so.

||   ICONIQ HOLDING   ||
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem, Powered by the ICNQ Token
cordlesslake

Activity: 472
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:34:06 PM

the true limits of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies as a national currency are their instability and strong variability. A state currency must be more stable.
tisoysoy
Copper Member

Activity: 362
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 10:44:04 PM

Could it be possible that in the future there are countries that use bitcoin as the national currency??

Maybe it's nearly possible to be happen because as starting accept and use bitcoin as a form of payment in some countries there's a possible that they will publish bitcoin as a form of currency of their country. 
andyblocks

Activity: 39

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:40:34 AM

Most of the money governments have comes from the possibility of them printing money to themselves. Since Bitcoin could remove that possibility, I don't think they would accept it.
resus

Activity: 252

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 09:49:43 AM

I'm not sure whether the currency can be made into the national currency later.
Because I think digital currency is very inefficient if used as a payment method
I think in 2030 it will be strong
Erlinda Santiago

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:08:48 AM

yes possibly but i dont think its national or globlly because some of countries around the world are already banned bitcoin

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Reddit           ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
tachi641

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:36:33 AM

Every country has their own standards. Country currency is not determined by the common people in the mass. It is determined by the government which has high standards for choosing the main currency for their nation. This scenario of the Bitcoin prevailing would be possible only if some main nations accept Bitcoin as the main currency; then the others would follow ( That will never happen )!
stely

Activity: 126
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:45:02 AM

Every country has their own standards. Country currency is not determined by the common people in the mass. It is determined by the government which has high standards for choosing the main currency for their nation. This scenario of the Bitcoin prevailing would be possible only if some main nations accept Bitcoin as the main currency; then the others would follow ( That will never happen )!
Whilst many are concerned that the price of bitcoin is over-hyped, the technology behind the currency, the blockchain, is being used by countries and initiatives to spin off their own digital currencies.
anggada18

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 10:59:48 AM

impossible. may be the use of blockchain technology in a country as a digital currency.
Triyavam

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:03:11 AM

One day I am sure all countries will recognize about bitcoin, because the state gets profit from tax every bitcoin transaction,
Bitcoin used as a national currency can occur if a country gives a clear legality to the use of bitcoin in the country,
But for now, only a part of the country behaves that way,
Not everyone can afford even one btc.
Matimtim

Activity: 868
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:24:02 AM

I think yes because we are now in modern world that why we use modern technology, and part of being modern world is using bitcoin or cryptocurrency  we can pay any products using bitcoin or internet money being the easiest way and more convenient way to buy a product...

bitcoinichip

Activity: 6

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 11:33:01 AM

Bitcoin is the cryptocurrency .
waldenari777

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:43:17 AM

Decentralized currency can't be a national currency under no circumstances. Without government's control of emission it would become a killer for the national economics faster than you would say "I love crypto"
parassinghal

Activity: 210

A BLOCKCHAIN SOLUTION TO DISRUPT TRADE FINANCE

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:47:45 AM

No i don't think so that bitcoin will become as national currency. Because bitcoin is not getting used by many of the countries and also its price do fluctuates.

markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:48:33 AM

Hi there Minnasan, I think you haven't read the news about Valenzuela. The country is famous in government illegal activities like corruption, trust and transparency issues are very common as assessed by the world bank. Thus it is a good measure to solve the issue using crypto. And that is what actually happened, they have released and created their own cryto named Petro. This is an oil-backed token with a market value of almost $6B. There is initial 100 million token, currently PetroDollar or its ticker symbol XPD cost around $0.016113 at the time of this writing. You could further see the details in just a couple google search.
jeanpadel14

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:48:54 AM

High price volatility is another thing. Chances of bitcoin dropping or gaining hard are too high, as seen quite recently. Also, we can add limited block size. And an inability to control it by the central bank, of course.

At the moment, there are just too many little things that can hold it back. Bitcoin as national currency will not happen anytime soon. However, as we continue to develop the technology and look for more blockchain applications, increase block size… maybe we can make see it happening one day.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀            i v y            ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM     ●    FACEBOOK    ●     TWITTER     ●    YOUTUBE    ●     LINKEDIN
johnine

Activity: 246
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 11:50:00 AM

Let's become open minded with this, yeah maybe bitcoin can become glob currency, because nowadays technology is taking the lead, but for some reason it'll be hard before that will happen, maybe the government will become the hindrance and also the banks. What would be the purpose of the banks if our money is already a virtual money? It'll be a long run before that will happen.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: