Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 11:20:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Do you believe John McAfee is right about Bitcoin hitting $500,000 in 3 years?  (Read 1085 times)
ashmodeus

Activity: 1638
Merit: 518

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 12:45:49 AM

So here, what we really want to understand is the probability of bitcoin reaching $500,000. The market cap will have to be $8 trillion dollar for bitcoin to hit that landmark. So do you think there is  a little probability for that??? Wink

since bitcoin price up From $900 to $20,000 (i mean almost)
i dont know must believe or not about people prediction.
if he predict btc up to 500k usd , its fine .
i will take that.
more people in the world now predict about btc price.
just choose what you want to choose and follow , or u can ignore all of them.

▄▄███████████████████████▄▄
 █████████████████████████████
 █████████████████████████████
  ███████████████████████████
   ▀███████████████████████▀
     █████████████████████
      ▀█████████████████▀
     ▄  ███████████████
   ▄███  ▀███████████▀
  ▄█████▄  █████████
 █████████  ▀█████▀
███████████▄ ▀███▀
 ▀███████████▄ ▀
.Syntrum......
            ███
           ███
          ███
         ███
        ███
       ███
      ███   █
     ███   █
    ███   █
   ███   █
  ███   █
 ███   █
███   █
            ███   █
           ███   █
          ███   █
         ███   █
        ███   █
       ███   █
      ███   █
     ███
    ███
   ███
  ███
 ███
███
......JOIN NOW.
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
preshpr1nce

Activity: 266
Merit: 60

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:52:16 AM

I don't think so, like some one else said, an 8 trillion cap is crazy high, but in saying this I wouldn't compare it to world GDP, an 8 trillion cap doesn't mean 8 trillion has been put in, a better way to look at it is to compare to total stock market cap value, all stock exchanges on the planet have a total cap of around 70 trillion, so BTC would have to make up over 10% in value of this alone, I really can't see this happening, even past 3 years.

The difference in stocks vs crypto though is a stock has a minimum buy price, you can only buy a minimum of 1 stock, with bitcoin if you have a lot of fractional buys this can shift the buy/sell walls up in value without the combined value equalling one bitcoin, so bitcoin can grow in cap easier than a stock in my eyes, this also makes it more prone to being a huge bubble and also more prone to huge dips when people sell off, it's part of why crypto is quite volatile.

Just picture when you see small fractional purchases on your altcoins driving up the buy price, in stocks this would have to be 1 whole stock to do the same.

So anything is possible, I just think the psychological shift we will see when BTC has a cap over the largest companies on the planet, the bubble talk will be at an ATH too, meaning the view of risk will go up with it.
ceferov

Activity: 504
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 03:40:01 PM

I don't think so. My opinion is if it still will be alive then price will be around 100k maximum.

https://www.ETH2X.com - Multiplayer roulette gambling platform.
Mainman08

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:15:45 AM

John Mcafee is only a human being. And noone know what will be the value of bitcoin in the future. And $500,000 is too high. Bitcoin will not hit that mark.

Holy Dank

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:34:02 AM

I believe $500,000 / BTC in 3 years was John McAfee's Original speculation, but he has since updated it to $1,000,000 / BTC in 3 years which I believe to be entirely possible.

The entire crypto market is deep in the trough right now but by the end of 2018 it will have vastly increased since the start of this year, and will continue to do so for the next few coming years in my opinion. I believe strongly in the future of crypto, so I may be biased but I definitely see Bitcoin in the $500,000 to $1,000,000 range in 3 years time.
kicauklaten

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 08:24:15 AM

three years is quite a long time to wait for changes in the price of the coins. for bitcoin it reaches that price possibilities still exist but I think is very small. speculating is okay but must need strong analytical basis.

KryptoKai

Activity: 630

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 09:40:08 AM

Definitely not, that is way too high. John McAfee is just the leader of a pump and dump group who is paid to pump coins - even crap shitcoins. It will be around $100,000 and sit there for a while. It is hard to justify paying half a million for a bitcoin when there are so many alternative coins flooding the market.

JuniAiko

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

DOGE:DDvXm3ZkXSFeZF9YVaTWGNyBZzfwVf8nnh

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 09:48:04 AM

I hope so. I really do not want to watch him eat his own dick on national TV.
Yuck!

[|NEO|ONT|XLM|WAN|ADA|ELA|VEN|EOS|NCASH|TRX|IOTA|>
drogba773

Activity: 294
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:05:24 AM

That would be end of the banks and they are capable of prevent it happening
ovcijisir

Activity: 1492
Merit: 326

🐪

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 11:11:28 AM

Definitely not, that is way too high. John McAfee is just the leader of a pump and dump group who is paid to pump coins - even crap shitcoins. It will be around $100,000 and sit there for a while. It is hard to justify paying half a million for a bitcoin when there are so many alternative coins flooding the market.

I also don't like that he just gives his predictions without any explanations. I once bought REDD coin based on his recommandations and lost money on it.

light22man

Activity: 311
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 12:03:49 PM

I hope so. I think it's more than possible nowadays capitalization of whole cryptocurrency so small in compare with other currency and business so  when big money come to crypto  bitcoin can reach the moon.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
Doovla

Activity: 560

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:13:20 PM

Amazing thing about Bitcoin,and generaly about crypto world is that everything is possible. It might go even over that in less timeline than speculated or go down totaly the opposite way. I think its got good shot at this!
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 12:50:10 PM

bitcoin has always been like this. a roller coaster!
price is always crawling up slowly but from time to time this slow rise trend changes into a fast and huge rise eventually ending up with a big bubble. it has already happened 6 or 7 times in the past and will happen more in the future too. then when the bubble bursts, the correction of it never stops. the price always goes much lower than the bottom. like right now that the dump is going on pushing the price so much below the real price and it will last.

long story short, this downtrend will also end and when the whales accumulated enough at the bottom and bought bitcoin underpriced they will let it rise and by then price will shoot to the moon. $500k looks possible by then.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
fortunecrypto
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047

thecryptocurrency.directory

View Profile WWW
March 18, 2018, 01:07:13 PM

So here, what we really want to understand is the probability of bitcoin reaching $500,000. The market cap will have to be $8 trillion dollar for bitcoin to hit that landmark. So do you think there is  a little probability for that??? Wink

Who would have thought 7 years ago will be worth this much, it's possible to increase ten times, but I doubt that level in 3 years, it's just impossible I prefer Bitcoin to go slow but sure than a big pump then huge crash afterward.

archierabe100

Activity: 122
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 01:28:13 PM

hi guys im newbie here can i do bounty hunting and trade about 10 years or so?. i want to quit my job
is there any future about trading and joing at airdrops?
ahoenk

Activity: 1232
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:02:08 PM

I hope and i though what he say will be all right but not this year or next year and also not $500k probably bitcoin can goes to $100k by 2021 in january or februari and at the end of 2021 year we probably can see bitcoin price soar to $700k. Because at that year halving happen in 2020 then cost of production of bitcoin will increase very much.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Forbiddenone

Activity: 585
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:13:56 PM

Nope I don't think so but we can expect a min of 100-120 k  $ in value which in turn is huge,and he shouldn't done the shit coin promotion which he had done in December ,he would have been a reputable figure if he hasn't done these promotion,he could have taken advisor route.
Caesar-Giulius

Activity: 728
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 04:40:14 PM

Well, nothing is impossible in crypto. Although $500,000 in 3 years  is not so realistic, there is a possibility that it will happen.

Disclaimer: I don’t follow McAfee or believe in what he is doing.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
██████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████▀██████████████
█████████▄▄      ▀▀██▀╜  ▀▀███████████
████████████▄       ██   ▀^╓▀█████████
██████████████      ║█    ,▀██████████
█████████████▄▄      █▌   ████████████
████████████████▄     ▀█▄  ███████████
████████████████▀,,,    ╙▀▀█▀ ████████
█████████████████▀▀▀█▄▄       ████████
███████████████▀     ▀███████▀████████
██████████████▌       ▐█* ▀▓▀ ████████
████████████*██▄     ▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄████████
██████████▀`  ▀██▄   ▀████████████████
████████▀`  ▄█████▌   ╙███████████████
████████▄,   ▀████ ,,,  "▀▀███████████
██████████,,,,, ╙█▄███▄▄,,,,╙▀████████
L B X.

■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■
The London Block Exchange
■                         ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                        ■                         ■

WDownload OnW
[.
          ▄▄█▀
         ███▀
   ▄▄▄▄  ▀  ▄▄▄▄
 ▄███████▄██████▌
▐██████████████▌
███████████████
▐██████████████▌
 ███████████████▌
  ██████████████▌
   ▀████▀▀▀████▀
/      ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▐
     ▄█▀████▀█▄
    ▐██████████▌
 ▄▄ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
▐██▌████████████▐██▌
 ▀▀ ████████████ ▀▀
    ▀██████████▀
      ▐██  ██▌
      ▐██  ██▌
]

hasna17

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:10:35 PM

Everyone would hope and sayapun will always be positive, what he said will be fine, but that will happen not only $ 500k maybe bitcoin can reach $ 100k in 2021 but it is clear by the end of 2021 bitcoin will again stabilized to $ 700 .. because maybe in 2020 there will be quite a lot of expenditure.
despondency

Activity: 560
Merit: 103

quarkchain.io

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:04:50 PM

This old man will say or write anything for money. That's funny. Probably, he said this when he was selling his tokens at the maximum price. And now he buys them, if I meet him on the street, I'll spit in his face.

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: