Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 09:52:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Hacker Returns $17m Worth of Stolen Ethereum  (Read 494 times)
ekeh

Activity: 278
Merit: 1

View Profile
April 01, 2018, 11:25:19 PM

Heartless set of human. They is no joy on them, even ready to collect more, if the ETH wallet are still receiving fund or coins, still ready to collect. That is why blockchain wallet (btc) is still the best, because is well secured and back off with email and login private key can be changed any time.
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 02, 2018, 04:30:42 AM

In a shocking turn of events, an anonymous hacker has once again returned stolen ETH tokens to CoinDash – a tool aiming to help users manage, track, analyze, and “get a bird’s eye view” of their crypto assets.

Why they stole if they had to return ? I always find these cases suspicious:

1) I think exchanges may be involved in this. This might be done to get in news and it is sad to see businesses using these cheap tactics to attract more customers.

2) Some possibility is that the hacker was a security researcher and did this to demonstrate the security vulnerability on the site. This is why all exchanges should have a bounty program to reward security researchers. For instance, coinbase has a program on hackerone for this.
tulpash

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:01:57 PM

In a shocking turn of events, an anonymous hacker has once again returned stolen ETH tokens to CoinDash – a tool aiming to help users manage, track, analyze, and “get a bird’s eye view” of their crypto assets.

Why they stole if they had to return ? I always find these cases suspicious:

1) I think exchanges may be involved in this. This might be done to get in news and it is sad to see businesses using these cheap tactics to attract more customers.

2) Some possibility is that the hacker was a security researcher and did this to demonstrate the security vulnerability on the site. This is why all exchanges should have a bounty program to reward security researchers. For instance, coinbase has a program on hackerone for this.
Such cases may well be true. A little-known hacker wants to get some glory and for this he returns money, it's really worthy. It shows that there is a vulnerability of theft of funds. I believe that every large company should have a system of rewards for searching for vulnerabilities in the system.
euggio

Activity: 433
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 03, 2018, 06:04:55 PM

Strange the apparently very are a good hacker . But it is very pleasing that there are good men . Showing the owners how to save their money
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4]  All
  Print  

Jump to: