Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 09:45:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Nxt :: descendant of Bitcoin  (Read 383783 times)
naska21

Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 07:15:19 AM

Hi, I am a new NXT holder. Couple of questions.

1: It has been said that Ardor is an evolution of the NXT software. Why would I keep holding NXT instead or ARDR? It seems counter intuitive to me that a fresh new and more prevalent platform can launch without eliminating its previous less advanced version. Won't the launch of ARDR dramatically devalue NXT? (like when a new version of the Iphone comes out)

2: What is IGNIS? I know it will be a childchain or Ardor. But why would I get 0.5 IGNIS per NXT that I hold? And will my NXT still be relevant?

3: Why would IGNIS be distributed to NXT holders rather than ARDR holders? since IGNIS is a child chain of Ardor and not NXT.

This all makes no sense to me. Will there be 3 different tokens all related to the same project? To me this is why NXT has such a hard time gaining value. This is all too confusing. Can't they just move all the NXT tokens to Ardor and just go with Ardor. Stick to one platform instead of 2 and a half.

1.- You are absolutely right. The main reason to keep NXT, and to award it 50% of IGNIS is for the amazingly greedy "team" -you know who they are, or you should- behind this project to award themselves millions of IGNIS on top of their already huge stake in ARDR (free of charge to them also). It is a scheme that they smartly invented about a year ago when they distributed 1x1 Ardor to NXT holders. They believe it worked in their favor, so why not do it again with IGNIS? Now, arguably, they -and NXT holders in general- would have profited much more if they would have just kept things the way they were, with a quick and timely transition to NXT 2.0, but they thought -and initially it worked that way- they would benefit much more this way, so there you are. Mind you, they have come up with yet another greedy scheme to try and get even more money, by having and ICO for the other 50% of IGNIS that also belong to "the team".

2.- The answer to that is very clear: They need you to keep the NXT network strong. And (practically) for free. Otherwise the whole enchilada comes down crashing like a house of cards. So they rather desperately need you to keep NXT until ARDR is fully implemented (and renders NXT obsolete). No, your NXT won't really be relevant at all -but they'll try to keep you tied to it while they themselves unload, which will be swift and quite brutal. Watch.

3.- Refer to #2.

If they would have been a bit honest and a bit less greedy, the NXT project, after the explosion of the last few months in alts, would have a valuation at least 10 times -and probably more- the current one of both NXT and ARDR put together. As it is, not only the valuation remains, by comparison, paltry, but probably going lower. With dozens of very promising projects, some of them realities already, available to investors, why would anyone bother with NXT defies any logic, really... except for the possible perception that it has not pumped yet, which would apply only to really, really dumb money. What a pity.

If you where right they would never launch the  Ignis ICO on NXT platform! NXT holders will have will have privilige. The NXT price will boom
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
barabbas
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 12:09:00 AM

Hi, I am a new NXT holder. Couple of questions.

1: It has been said that Ardor is an evolution of the NXT software. Why would I keep holding NXT instead or ARDR? It seems counter intuitive to me that a fresh new and more prevalent platform can launch without eliminating its previous less advanced version. Won't the launch of ARDR dramatically devalue NXT? (like when a new version of the Iphone comes out)

2: What is IGNIS? I know it will be a childchain or Ardor. But why would I get 0.5 IGNIS per NXT that I hold? And will my NXT still be relevant?

3: Why would IGNIS be distributed to NXT holders rather than ARDR holders? since IGNIS is a child chain of Ardor and not NXT.

This all makes no sense to me. Will there be 3 different tokens all related to the same project? To me this is why NXT has such a hard time gaining value. This is all too confusing. Can't they just move all the NXT tokens to Ardor and just go with Ardor. Stick to one platform instead of 2 and a half.

1.- You are absolutely right. The main reason to keep NXT, and to award it 50% of IGNIS is for the amazingly greedy "team" -you know who they are, or you should- behind this project to award themselves millions of IGNIS on top of their already huge stake in ARDR (free of charge to them also). It is a scheme that they smartly invented about a year ago when they distributed 1x1 Ardor to NXT holders. They believe it worked in their favor, so why not do it again with IGNIS? Now, arguably, they -and NXT holders in general- would have profited much more if they would have just kept things the way they were, with a quick and timely transition to NXT 2.0, but they thought -and initially it worked that way- they would benefit much more this way, so there you are. Mind you, they have come up with yet another greedy scheme to try and get even more money, by having and ICO for the other 50% of IGNIS that also belong to "the team".

2.- The answer to that is very clear: They need you to keep the NXT network strong. And (practically) for free. Otherwise the whole enchilada comes down crashing like a house of cards. So they rather desperately need you to keep NXT until ARDR is fully implemented (and renders NXT obsolete). No, your NXT won't really be relevant at all -but they'll try to keep you tied to it while they themselves unload, which will be swift and quite brutal. Watch.

3.- Refer to #2.

If they would have been a bit honest and a bit less greedy, the NXT project, after the explosion of the last few months in alts, would have a valuation at least 10 times -and probably more- the current one of both NXT and ARDR put together. As it is, not only the valuation remains, by comparison, paltry, but probably going lower. With dozens of very promising projects, some of them realities already, available to investors, why would anyone bother with NXT defies any logic, really... except for the possible perception that it has not pumped yet, which would apply only to really, really dumb money. What a pity.

If you where right they would never launch the  Ignis ICO on NXT platform! NXT holders will have will have privilige. The NXT price will boom

You are already seeing it "booming" as the date approaches. More to come. Both for NXT and ARDR.  When people insist in being this obtuse/deluded, nothing can be done, really...
puremage111

Activity: 1568
Merit: 511

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 12:37:06 AM
Last edit: July 06, 2017, 12:53:00 AM by puremage111

Hello, i been use nxt for some time after purchasing janus

Just wanted to ask, is it necessary to download the full chain?

Or is there any lite wallet like waveslite where no blockchain download is needed?

The NXT Wallet is using huge load of ram memory, 1.4GB damn

Thanks!
lurker10

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:51:50 AM

Or is there any lite wallet like waveslite where no blockchain download is needed?

Thanks!

You have three options:

1) sync from scratch, can take a few hours;

2) download the latest ready blockchain files from peerexplorer.com (bottom of page link);

3) Activate Lite mode:

3a) Unpack Nxt client if you use the zip link or install if you use the installer.

3b) Locate directory nxt/conf.

On Windows it is here: C:\Users<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\NXT\conf

Mac: ~/.nxt/conf

Linux: /conf folder under the root installation

3c) Create a text file nxt.properties in this directory with a single line:

nxt.isLightClient=true

start the Nxt client and it will not be downloading the blockchain.

farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 03:56:17 PM

Thanks!

You have three options:

1) sync from scratch, can take a few hours;

2) download the latest ready blockchain files from peerexplorer.com (bottom of page link);

3) Activate Lite mode:

3a) Unpack Nxt client if you use the zip link or install if you use the installer.

3b) Locate directory nxt/conf.

On Windows it is here: C:\Users<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\NXT\conf

Mac: ~/.nxt/conf

Linux: /conf folder under the root installation

3c) Create a text file nxt.properties in this directory with a single line:

nxt.isLightClient=true

start the Nxt client and it will not be downloading the blockchain.

The downloadlink on peerexplorer is not working anymore.
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 02:51:54 AM

Si IGNIS is finally here. As is NXT 2.0 aka ARDOR. The "real" thing, not just the token. And now we have also JLRDA or whatever it is called... no matter the names it is the same all thing: A long winded scheme to get your money. Will it work this time the way it worked a year or so ago with the ARDR token? We will soon see. It's hard to see it not working in some manner, regardless how unsuccessful. Especially at this time when loads of dumb money is coming into the altcoin world. Regardless of the success, Jelurida ("the team", as you know they formed Jelurida as a private, centralized, for-profit entity) will, of course, be the only real winner.

Here's the deal: They have already given themselves -along with the holders of NXT- quite a present with the Ardor token that doubled their holdings instantly for free. Mind you, NOTHING was created at all. It is, Ardor, just an update to NXT. As simple as that. Of course keeping NXT for a while will ease the transition but make no mistake about it, there's nothing you will be able to do in NXT that you won't be able to do, better, in Ardor, so count on -their own words- the slow phasing out of NXT, which becomes obsolete and abandoned... as soon as they get ride of the NXT coins, of course. For that purpose and that purpose only, they will try all kind of schemes and lies to make people believe otherwise, but keep your eye on the ball: The dumping will be the only purpose of keeping it alive for a while.

Ah but now you have IGNIS, right? They are going to give you 0.5 per NXT that you have. For free. (you and themselves, of course). But you know nothing is for free, right? Actually they are giving you this because they desperately need you to keep your NXT coins forging to ensure security in the blockchain. You see, the whole house of cards actually is dependent on you keeping on forging. No forging: No Ardor and no IGNIS. It is all the same, you know. That's why they need you to forge NXT. And they are counting on you keeping on doing so all while they dump the thing (the have tens of millions of NXT, soon to be worthless, get it?). But we were talking about IGNIS... what is it. It is nothing. N O T H I N G. It is, actually, anothre "coin", "token", whatever you want to call it, built on top of NXT 2.0 (Ardor). Other than trading, you cannot do anything with it (the "coin"). What can you do with the actual "childchain"? Nothing that you cannot do with Ardor, actually.... only a bit faster. So whoever uses Ignis will have it all by itself and it will be quite fast and capable --as opposed to build your own on top of Ethereum, for example, which is already very crowded and showing clear signs of strain. Now, if you decide to build it on top of Waves, for example, you will probably get as good speed and capability or better than if you decide to use IGNIS. And there are many other options, from Aragon to Stratis and many, many more.

But since that dumb money I was talking about is pouring in, these jelurida team boys in their immense greed believe -and they are probably right- that they can make a bundle putting almost 500 million IGNIS tokes for ICO. Mind you, they'll take the nice byte of roughly 16% of that (80 million) and keep it in their pockets straight away, using the proceeds of the sale of the other 420 million for "development" "promotion", etc. All of that, of course, on top of the tens of millions -probably hundreds- that they'll receive for their NXT holdings at the time of the snapshot. Masterly scheme indeed.

Again, it will have some degree of success. Enough for them to make quite a killing with it. The whole project longer term though? Not a chance. 
naska21

View Profile
July 09, 2017, 10:10:26 AM

Just read the ICO scheme on Jelurida official site. It looks like Jelurida  intends to collect all NXT from the market. I see the only reason for that - they have an agreement (probably with one of big names, bank?) and this is the part of that deal. Price for NEXT may surprisingly surge after ICO opposite to common expectations
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 07:22:10 AM

Just read the ICO scheme on Jelurida official site. It looks like Jelurida  intends to collect all NXT from the market. I see the only reason for that - they have an agreement (probably with one of big names, bank?) and this is the part of that deal. Price for NEXT may surprisingly surge after ICO opposite to common expectations

Where do you get that? Jelurida is intent on DUMPING their multimillion load of NXT, not the other way around. Bank interested in NXT/ARDR? Another wild wishful thinking without neither any basis not even the remotest possibility... OK, let me break this to you slowly so you can catch up: In the current state of the tech and foreseeable future, no blockchain has the efficiencies required to be of any real use -in terms of transactions- to the banking system. None. No Bitcoin. No Ethereum. No Dash, Monero, Waves or any others (place Ardor/Next 2.0 very low on that list, at least in 12th or lower position). They are simply not capable of handling the volume of transactions at even remotely the speed necessary for that transition even to be considered. So please, stop the absurd wishful thinking and the wild  guesses that make no sense whatsoever.

NXT 2.0 (Ardor for you) will continue being an UNPROVEN (in the real world) ledger that will probably never be tested -lack of interest plus much more qualified contenders- to expose it's technical limitations. But if it were, we would see, no doubt that it would fail at a much earlier stage than the real benchmark, which is Ethereum. Hundreds of very qualified people is working in solving the capacity, speed and price problems that the Ethereum network has, while only a minimal handful is working on NXT 2.0, a network that by it's nature, is quite small and therefore questionable secure and very limited in terms of the  real capacity needed to be relevant in the real world. I encourage you to read the recent statements by the tech guy at Ripple to have a real perspective of where these amateur blockchains are and the headwinds they face if they are to be relevant in the world of banking transactions in a future that doesn't look close precisely.

Like I said, I doubt Ardor will ever be tested to strain level, but if it is, disappointment will probably be the final conclusion. Meanwhile, any talk of an y bank being even mildly interested in it is just an exercise in the absurd.   
farl4web
Legendary

Activity: 1205

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:20:12 PM

Vote for the new Ignis logo
(easily on the Nxt blockchain of course)  Cool

Account: NXT-ZZW7-U2KL-AV2U-8P8FE
Poll ID: 1977236085310946157
The logo's: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/ignis-logo-lets-create-one-together!/msg233655/#msg233655

naska21

View Profile
July 10, 2017, 06:48:30 PM

....Ardor, just an update to NXT...... nothing you will be able to do in NXT that you won't be able to do,  better, in Ardor,
after  this I stopped reading as this sentence reveals zero knowledge on   mechanics behind  ARDOR. Just FUD. Sorry
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 02:19:45 AM

....Ardor, just an update to NXT...... nothing you will be able to do in NXT that you won't be able to do,  better, in Ardor,
after  this I stopped reading as this sentence reveals zero knowledge on   mechanics behind  ARDOR. Just FUD. Sorry

Yeah, that's what I do for a living... wow. Nothing can bring light to someone who wants top remain blind. Let me repeat it to you to reinforce your conviction: There's nothing, nothing at all whatsoever, that NXT can do that ARDOR will not do better. Clearer now?

But this is not what you want to see, of course. So, yep: FUD...
naska21

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:04:29 AM

Vote for the new Ignis logo
(easily on the Nxt blockchain of course)  Cool

Account: NXT-ZZW7-U2KL-AV2U-8P8FE
Poll ID: 1977236085310946157
The logo's: https://nxtforum.org/general-discussion/ignis-logo-lets-create-one-together!/msg233655/#msg233655

Cast my vote yesterday. Lot of nice design concepts but I like simplicity. So I have chose that one that combines (in my view) simplicity with expression and is cognitive to everyone.
tossabarami

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:01:11 PM

If i keep my nxt coin at https://wallet.mynxt.info/.

Is it safe 100% or not.

If it is not , why?

thank you
lurker10

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 04:52:33 PM

Is it safe 100% or not.

If it is not , why?

thank you

It's safe enough.

Your own wallet downloaded from https://nxt.org/download is more safe.

The Catcher in the Rye

Activity: 131
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 11, 2017, 09:06:03 PM

Does anyone know if Poloniex going to credit our IGNIS tokens for NXT we hold in the exchange?
I created ticket almost one month ago and never got a response from them.

Also, is snapshot date already announced? I cannot withdraw my tokens from Exchange fast due to very low daily withdrawal limits.
naska21

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 06:44:26 AM
Last edit: July 12, 2017, 07:14:50 AM by naska21

There's nothing, nothing at all whatsoever, that NXT can do that ARDOR will not do better. Clearer now?

Absolute nonsense. Bitswift has the  diametrically opposite point of view on the Ardor platform and  joins it in the form of  child-chain https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/07/11/bitswift-join-ardor-platform-child-chain/

Does anyone know if Poloniex going to credit our IGNIS tokens for NXT we hold in the exchange?

fifty - fifty game.
sandwraithBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2017, 05:29:44 PM

I created ticket almost one month ago and never got a response from them.

Also, is snapshot date already announced? I cannot withdraw my tokens from Exchange fast due to very low daily withdrawal limits.

you definitely should follow and read their weekly news/blog ...
they published a new article a few days ago about IGNIS ICO.
In summary, they will announce the ICO soon during this month. And IGNIS snapshot will occur after ICO ends

For more detail, please read their news blog Smiley)

tossabarami

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:45:32 AM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 02:01:30 AM by tossabarami

Is it safe 100% or not.

If it is not , why?

thank you

It's safe enough.

Dear sir

Now, I just deposit NXT at wallet.mynxt.

If i want to get IGNIS, I just wait until snapshot day. Then i will get IGINIS right?

Or   i need to do more such as create wallet for IGINIS?

Thank you a lot
barabbas
Legendary

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 01:47:42 AM

There's nothing, nothing at all whatsoever, that NXT can do that ARDOR will not do better. Clearer now?

Absolute nonsense. Bitswift has the  diametrically opposite point of view on the Ardor platform and  joins it in the form of  child-chain https://www.coinspeaker.com/2017/07/11/bitswift-join-ardor-platform-child-chain/

Nope, you are wrong, as usual.

But, independent of point of views, and even if ARDR was the new internet or an untold marvel of the universe, it would STILL be NXT 2.0. Just like no matter how many features Microsoft or IOS add to the operating systems, they remain the same operating system, logically updated and improved. How would you like Apple coming out with a scheme by which IOS would now offer  IOS- "Salamandra" and IOS -"White Tiger"... with IOS -"Lioness" coming down the pipe, which APPL would have sold to a private company (own by APPL staff) with the premise that while they will keep on working and supporting IOS (all of them) they'll make their money selling "children" of "Lioness" to private corporations. Do you think that such a thing would improve the value of APPLE?

This is a very blatant -and so far proven smart- scheme to line their pockets at the expense of you, converts, that need to maintain the network otherwise the house of cards falls to the ground. Nothing else. That why there are no ICOS on NXT, there won't be any on ARDR (although they will pretend there will be) and no future, really, in this project. Maybe the tech ends up being valuable and they are able to sell it to some minor private clients. Maybe. But YOU will not benefit from that. Not a penny.

This project is actually a grotesque evolution of what it was created to be and meant to be. Had the "team" diligently (and honestly) worked toward making NXT the NEXT THING, it could have been something quite great. Instead, it stinks of greed and the stink chases away even the curious investors, let alone the potential users of the network. Sad.
lurker10

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:03:53 AM

Is it safe 100% or not.

If it is not , why?

thank you

It's safe enough.

Dear sir

Now, I just deposit NXT at wallet.mynxt.

If i want to get IGNIS, I just wait until snapshot day. Then i will get IGINIS right?

Or   i need to do more such as create wallet for IGINIS?

Thank you a lot

You will need to follow this guide:

https://nxtforum.org/mynxt-info/accessing-your-mynxt-wallet-accounts-in-the-nxt-client/

Then you'll see a table with all the accounts found in your MyNxt Wallet, each with the numeric Nxt account ID and the password for that account. Keep this password safe!
With this password you have exported you will be able to access your account in the Ardor wallet when Ardor platform is launched.

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 »
  Print  

Jump to: