Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:41:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which platform should Hive tackle next?
Desktop Windows - 15 (68.2%)
Desktop Linux - 1 (4.5%)
Chrome App - 3 (13.6%)
Other - 3 (13.6%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Hive, a beautiful new wallet for Mac OS X  (Read 140948 times)
hivewallet (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:05:38 AM

What would it cost for you guys to build this for windows?

Maybe start a little fundraiser thread. Wink Wendell

It might not be a bad idea, but honestly the first thing to do is find an interested Windows programmer. We have not had much success in our quest to find someone. Quite a few mediocre people have stepped up and offered help, but no one who seemed to really know what they were doing. Perhaps though, a pool of active money could help. A public fundraising campaign certainly might get the appropriate developers' attention.

What do you guys think?

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 06:19:22 AM

What would it cost for you guys to build this for windows?

Maybe start a little fundraiser thread. Wink Wendell

It might not be a bad idea, but honestly the first thing to do is find an interested Windows programmer. We have not had much success in our quest to find someone. Quite a few mediocre people have stepped up and offered help, but no one who seemed to really know what they were doing. Perhaps though, a pool of active money could help. A public fundraising campaign certainly might get the appropriate developers' attention.

What do you guys think?

Yep, a public fundraiser would get the attention of a lot of devs. Just a matter of time before a "pro" would notice it.

speedminer

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2014, 02:55:28 PM

Hi, love the Hive wallet!  Just wondering being all protective and safe about my hard earned coins... How exactly do you get your private key from Hive?  With the bitcoin-qt client you can easily extract your private key.  Haven't found a way for Hive.  Isn't it so that when your laptop crashes, and you don't have your wallet backed up, the private key is the only way to salvage your bitcoins?  Therefore looking for a way to extract the private key from my Hive wallet.  Would be great to incorporate a "print paper wallet" feature in Hive which prints you private key. No?

iCoin mining pool @ : http://speedminer.org
FLT mining pool @ : http://flutter.speedminer.org
NLG mining pool @ : http://gulden.speedminer.org
jsuder

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
March 10, 2014, 05:07:37 PM

Hi, love the Hive wallet!  Just wondering being all protective and safe about my hard earned coins... How exactly do you get your private key from Hive?  With the bitcoin-qt client you can easily extract your private key.  Haven't found a way for Hive.  Isn't it so that when your laptop crashes, and you don't have your wallet backed up, the private key is the only way to salvage your bitcoins?  Therefore looking for a way to extract the private key from my Hive wallet.  Would be great to incorporate a "print paper wallet" feature in Hive which prints you private key. No?
That's why Hive insists from the beginning that you back up the wallet Smiley If your laptop crashes and you have a copy e.g. on an external Time Machine drive or in your Dropbox, you can restore the wallet from the backup. (There's no option in the app to do this yet, but you can just copy the files manually in the right place.)

Extracting the private key itself is also theoretically possible, but as above, there's no way to do that from inside the app yet. You could try to do that with Mike Hearn's bitcoinj wallet tool if you're really determined, but if it's only for backup purposes then there isn't much point as you can just back up the whole wallet.

Former main developer of Hive Mac | @kuba_suder at Twitter
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2014, 11:00:13 PM

That's why Hive insists from the beginning that you back up the wallet Smiley If your laptop crashes and you have a copy e.g. on an external Time Machine drive or in your Dropbox, you can restore the wallet from the backup. (There's no option in the app to do this yet, but you can just copy the files manually in the right place.)

Extracting the private key itself is also theoretically possible, but as above, there's no way to do that from inside the app yet. You could try to do that with Mike Hearn's bitcoinj wallet tool if you're really determined, but if it's only for backup purposes then there isn't much point as you can just back up the whole wallet.

Maybe add the ability to export private keys or print a paper wallet for the next version?

hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2014, 05:29:23 AM

Hive for OS X FAQ:

https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/wiki/FAQ

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
coininaction

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 10:48:32 PM

sry but must upload it here! Seen last weekend on highway Smiley

hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
March 20, 2014, 08:04:37 AM

How cool! :-)

captainblack

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 20, 2014, 07:22:21 PM

Looks amazing. Hope to see version for Windows)
Aren't you thinking about doing it?  Wink
hivewallet (OP)

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 10:04:38 AM
Last edit: March 27, 2014, 05:14:59 AM by hivewallet

Quote from: hivewallet
Q: Is it really safe for novices to use, right now?
A: Almost certainly not, it may even be dangerous! Besides still having many bugs, Hive at present lacks many basic features. This release should be considered an early version, for testing and development purposes only.

How is this going? any major progress? I'm dying to give this a go but I want to make sure my coins are safe.
Currently with Armoury.

Thanks for pointing that out. We just modified the post to reflect the current state of things: No product is perfect, but we are indeed using it every day now, with our own coin. We believe it to be safe.

Looks amazing. Hope to see version for Windows)
Aren't you thinking about doing it?  Wink

We're not able to do it ourselves, but if an excellent Windows developer wants to step up to the challenge, he or she should contact us!

jsuder

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
March 26, 2014, 01:20:34 PM

Hi,

it took a while, but we finally have a Gatekeeper-compatible certificate. The latest version (1.1.4) should no longer show that ugly warning when you download and run it.

Apart from that, last month was mostly about bug fixes - if you still have any major problems (crashing on startup etc.), submit the crash report and contact us at macsupport@hivewallet.com. You can also report problems and suggestions on the issues page (https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/issues).

And if you'd like to help us improve the translation for your language, we're still looking for translators - let us know of just head straight to https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/hive-osx/, create an account and join the project.

Direct link to the latest build: https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-osx/releases/download/1.1.4/Hive-1.1.4.zip

sirivor

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:33:42 AM

Hi there.  Hope someone can help as I am a bit stumped.  Huh 

I have installed Hive on my Mac and it all works wonderfully well.  I have back up running to Dropbox and TimeMachine.

However I have trying to find where the wallet files are actually located on my Mac, but to no avail.  I have looked for the Hive folder in the Library>ApplicationSupport, but its not there.  (have unhidden all files and folders)

Any idea where Hive could have installed itself?  When I search for it using spotlight, absolutely nothing comes up.  Befuddled.... :-)
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
April 10, 2014, 06:54:10 AM

Hi there.  Hope someone can help as I am a bit stumped.  Huh 

I have installed Hive on my Mac and it all works wonderfully well.  I have back up running to Dropbox and TimeMachine.

However I have trying to find where the wallet files are actually located on my Mac, but to no avail.  I have looked for the Hive folder in the Library>ApplicationSupport, but its not there.  (have unhidden all files and folders)

Any idea where Hive could have installed itself?  When I search for it using spotlight, absolutely nothing comes up.  Befuddled.... :-)

Code:
~/Library/Application Support/Hive/BitcoinJ.network

That is where your wallet is store.
sirivor

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 13, 2014, 03:14:58 PM

Thank you for replying, but its not in that folder.

What could I search for to find it via Spotlight?

Many thanks
jsuder

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 11:51:50 AM

Thank you for replying, but its not in that folder.
It has to be in that folder. Are you perhaps looking in the wrong Library? It's not in the main Library at the root, it's in the user-specific Library (Finder -> Go menu, hold Alt -> Library).

jsuder

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
April 15, 2014, 05:42:25 PM

Hi,

guess what we are working on now... Smiley

(Note: this is a very early version, the UI will change a bit and there's a lot of features missing like various verifications and all the memo fields.)

EricKennedy

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

CEO, Ledger

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2014, 07:55:21 PM

Hello Hive team,

I would like to discuss with you about adding support of BitID into Hive.

BitId is a "connect with Bitcoin" open protocol allowing smooth one click authentication based on a cryptographic challenge. Benefits for the communauty are huge, as it facilitates greatly signups/signins as well as "pay as guest" e-commerce.

A full presentation of BitID is available here :
http://bit.ly/bitid-slides

BitID GitHub :
https://github.com/bitid/bitid

A working demonstration of BitID can be seen here :
http://bitid-demo.herokuapp.com/

This demo is also useful to test BitID integration into the wallet.

There have been already some support of the community to integrate BitID into wallets and services.

What would be your opinion about making Hive one of the first wallets to integrate BitID ?

Eric

Cryptolator

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 05:49:18 PM

Hi guys,

I don't know if someone can help me...

I've just installed Hive on my OSX and then I sent some bitcoins to my newly created address, as soon as I did that, Hive crashed, now I can't get in anymore, what are my options ?

Thanks in advance for your help ! Smiley)
Cryptolator

Activity: 508
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 06:16:00 PM

Hi guys,

I don't know if someone can help me...

I've just installed Hive on my OSX and then I sent some bitcoins to my newly created address, as soon as I did that, Hive crashed, now I can't get in anymore, what are my options ?

Thanks in advance for your help ! Smiley)

Ok, finally I fixed it, it was as simple as deleting Hive from the Application folder, then, reinstalling...

Quite annoying bug tho...

jsuder

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 08:29:48 PM

Hive 1.2 is now available. Changes:

• preferences window - for now you can set global shortcuts (e.g. Hive send window accessible with a single shortcut, regardless what app you're currently in)
  • message signing - for services that require you to verify ownership of a Bitcoin address
  • super fast initial sync
  • lock screen can be disabled

Payment Protocol support is under development, but for now it's on a branch - it should be available in 1.3.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: