Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:21:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Which platform should Hive tackle next?
Desktop Windows - 15 (68.2%)
Desktop Linux - 1 (4.5%)
Chrome App - 3 (13.6%)
Other - 3 (13.6%)
Total Voters: 22

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Introducing Hive, a beautiful new wallet for Mac OS X  (Read 140948 times)
hivewallet (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 05:13:57 PM

Very nice, compliments !

But, this wallet can contain other types of currency, or only Bitcoin?

Graphic look seems good Smiley

Is there a set launch date?

Soon.

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
KSV

Activity: 398
Merit: 250

SVERIGES VIRTUELLA VALUTAVÄXLING

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2014, 09:29:28 PM

simply beautiful!! waiting for it!!

Trade Bitcoins @ FYB-SE ---> https://www.fybse.se
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 04:40:27 AM

Very nice, compliments !

Soon.

Litecoin !!?!?!? sweet!!

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
nahtnam
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 04:41:05 AM

Very nice, compliments !

Soon.

Litecoin !!?!?!? sweet!!

There is also Dogecoin.

nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 21, 2014, 10:54:03 PM

simply beautiful!! waiting for it!!
Also excited....
Anytime now Smiley!
Hive, was doge an example in the image or will that also be in the wallet?

I dont think it is. Im not really sure.

https://github.com/hivewallet/hive-js/search?q=dogecoin&ref=cmdform

^^^ This returns empty so im not really sure! Sad

hivewallet (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 325

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 09:40:53 AM

Hive Web is Launched!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=663832

Hive, a beautiful, secure wallet with an app platform for Mac OS X, Android and Mobile Web. Translators wanted! iOS and OS X devs see BitcoinKit.
Tweets @hivewallet. Skype us here. Donations appreciated at 1HLRg9C1GsfEVH555hgcjzDeas14jen2Cn
scribbles

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:31:21 PM

Does Hive have an iOS app in development, or is this browser based interface the only way for iphone users to use a Hive wallet?

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
jsuder

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 04:35:02 PM

Does Hive have an iOS app in development, or is this browser based interface the only way for iphone users to use a Hive wallet?
We aren't currently planning a fully native iOS app, that would be a lot of work and we just don't have enough people for that... There will probably be a Phonegap-based version though. Until a few weeks ago there was no point building a native app anyway, because Apple was rejecting them, this has only changed after the WWDC.

Former main developer of Hive Mac | @kuba_suder at Twitter
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2014, 06:33:56 PM

We aren't currently planning a fully native iOS app, that would be a lot of work and we just don't have enough people for that... There will probably be a Phonegap-based version though. Until a few weeks ago there was no point building a native app anyway, because Apple was rejecting them, this has only changed after the WWDC.

Cant you just port hive-js for iphone as a native app? It should work.

(or you could just have an iframe).

jsuder

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:55:08 PM

Cant you just port hive-js for iphone as a native app? It should work.

(or you could just have an iframe).
Yeah, that's what Phonegap does, it wraps a web application into a native app by displaying it in an embedded webkit view. I'm not sure if it will be Phonegap specifically, but something of this kind.

Stevenrm87

Activity: 403

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 02:21:38 AM

Awesome!

Selling fully funded Titan BTC Physical Bitcoins, Gold and SIlver - BTC Physical Bitcoins BTC PM if interested.
bkminer

Activity: 216

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 03:03:53 AM

You can run JS natively in a JavascriptCore context without the web view, which has been greatly improved upon in iOS 8 with full debugging.  I've done some work on porting a "web-gl" app to iOS.
nahtnam
Legendary

nahtnam.com

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 03:36:45 AM

You can run JS natively in a JavascriptCore context without the web view, which has been greatly improved upon in iOS 8 with full debugging.  I've done some work on porting a "web-gl" app to iOS.

Why not fork and do it for hive? After all, Hive is open source.

bkminer

Activity: 216

Don't let the nam-shub in your operating system.

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 04:15:16 AM

Right now I'm working on a Mac OS X / iOS app to help tax prep. etc.  I'm going to look at the hive/BitcoinKit and make my library comparable as much as possible..then hopefully I can get a build of Hive that doesn't use Java and can also work on iOS...but I might be fun to poke around with the JS code as well...
NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 10:11:34 PM

How can you not have enough time or money to work on creating a native iOS app? This is the defining point in your company's history, and the entire reason SeedCoin gave you ~300BTC a few months ago.

You're betraying your users and investors by failing to meet the market's expectations.

wendell

Activity: 92
Merit: 20

hivewallet.com

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 11:25:44 PM

How can you not have enough time or money to work on creating a native iOS app? This is the defining point in your company's history, and the entire reason SeedCoin gave you ~300BTC a few months ago.

You're betraying your users and investors by failing to meet the market's expectations.

Hi there,

First of all, we received 150 BTC from Seedcoin, most of which was delivered long before Apple made their apparent "reversal" (which is still unclear as far as I'm concerned).

Second of all, you can fuck right off with that attitude. We are doing our best to make quality software for everyone. 100+ years of propaganda has blurred the line with respect to reasonable investor etiquette, but being rude doesn't fly with us. If you don't agree with some of our decisions, maybe try a more constructive approach. We are as open as it is possible to be.

hivewallet.com • humint.is • spinjar.me • vizor.io • xbalances.com • inkpad.io
scribbles

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 04:46:47 PM

Hi there,

First of all, we received 150 BTC from Seedcoin, most of which was delivered long before Apple made their apparent "reversal" (which is still unclear as far as I'm concerned).

Second of all, you can fuck right off with that attitude. We are doing our best to make quality software for everyone. 100+ years of propaganda has blurred the line with respect to reasonable investor etiquette, but being rude doesn't fly with us. If you don't agree with some of our decisions, maybe try a more constructive approach. We are as open as it is possible to be.

While I agree with the general content of what you're saying wendell, your response is unprofessional to the point that I doubt you work for Hive.

Can someone confirm/deny wendell's association with Hive? Without a response I will assume he/she does work for Hive (which would be disappointing) and stay away from a company that would behave this way in public (even when someone deserves it).

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
NanoAkron

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:42:03 PM
Last edit: July 02, 2014, 06:55:02 PM by NanoAkron

(even when someone deserves it).

I deserve to be told to fuck off because I'm questioning why they can't write a native iOS app?

They sell themselves as a 'beautiful bitcoin wallet for Mac', but the one place a 'Mac' bitcoin wallet makes sense is on the iPhone. Not to mention this is the one part of their business they can monetise. The ONE part they can monetise.

So wendell - fuck you. You can take the 2 BTC I put into your company and stick it straight up your entitled asshole. You're living off my money and that of your other investors right now. So damned straight you should be kissing our asses.

You want 'constructive criticism'? OK - focus on the one part of your business that you can actually monetise. You're not going to make shit from your web service or your desktop software. Jack shit. Realise that, and work on the bit that's going to make me my money back.

When you start living off the profits of your sales and not off my investment, then you can get off telling me about my attitude. Not one second before. Prick.
gweedo
Legendary

Activity: 1498

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:20:51 PM

Hi there,

While I agree with the general content of what you're saying wendell, your response is unprofessional to the point that I doubt you work for Hive.

Can someone confirm/deny wendell's association with Hive? Without a response I will assume he/she does work for Hive (which would be disappointing) and stay away from a company that would behave this way in public (even when someone deserves it).

Owner of Hive.
jsuder

┗(°0°)┛

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:40:21 PM

I can confirm, this is our founder. He might have overreacted, but seriously, telling us we "betray our users" because we didn't make an app that we have never told we would do (or rather: we said many times we weren't planning to do) is not cool... What's more, at the moment when Apple has rejected the last wallet from the App Store we almost immediately started working on the next best thing that was possible at that time for iPhone users, which is an HTML5 wallet (which we've released a couple of weeks ago). Before WWDC, there was absolutely no point wasting time and money developing a native wallet app. (*That* could be called betraying the investors...)

They sell themselves as a 'beautiful bitcoin wallet for Mac', but the one place a 'Mac' bitcoin wallet makes sense is on the iPhone.
This sentence doesn't make any sense. We made a Mac wallet to run it on the Mac, if we wanted to make an iPhone wallet we would have said we're making an iPhone wallet.

So wendell - fuck you. You can take the 2 BTC I put into your company and stick it straight up your entitled asshole. You're living off my money and that of your other investors right now. So damned straight you should be kissing our asses.
And that 2 BTC makes you the owner of how much of Hive, 50%? Because you sound as if it did.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: