Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 09:32:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80407 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:12:48 AM

Why farting is a feminist issue

[...]
To exhibit any kind of bodily function in public – whether it’s pissing against a wall, spitting in the street, picking and flicking earwax while one waits in a queue – is still seen as a male thing to do. We might consider such things disgusting, but men can assume the right to be disgusting in a way that women can’t. It’s understood that male bodies are a part of what men are. Female bodies don’t have the same status. Even though, on a basic level, we know that they work in much the same way male bodies do – we shit, we piss, we perspire, we snore – we don’t really want to know this. A female body remains a thing to use, to own and to look at. It’s not something which does things suggestive of some real, human messiness inside.

These days the phrase “real woman” is associated with Dove adverts, not with women who fart and burp and might occasionally want to cough up some phlegm while out on a jog. I’m not saying these are pleasant things to do – nor am I proposing we organise a feminist fart-in (unless it’s held at Claridge’s) – but I do think we need to ask ourselves whether the perceived “maleness” of bodily functions is harmful to women. If we pretend that other women don’t snore, sweat or have smelly feet, how much more ashamed will we feel of our own bodies, simply for existing in their natural state? (Even in writing this, I’m fighting the urge to add “obviously I don’t do any of these things”, just in case it is just me.)

Changes in sexual mores have allowed us to pretend that women are no longer under enormous pressure to be “ladylike”. However, being ladylike and being chaste are not the same thing. If anything, the more flesh we are permitted to have on show, the greater the pressure upon us to make said flesh hairless, unscented and perspiration-free. Last week the Mirror ran a report on “the most lifelike sex dolls ever” (“even the close-up shots show their pouting beauty, which would make any red-blooded male’s pulse race”). I suspect that, in terms of actual bodily functions, my childhood Tiny Tears doll was more “lifelike”, but that doesn’t matter. The ultra “real” sex doll is what we’re up against – a fantasy female body that’s allowed to take up far more imaginative space than a flesh-and-blood woman ever can.

http://www.newstatesman.com/society/2014/12/why-bodily-functions-are-feminist-issue

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:05:51 PM

This Is What Happens When A Woman 'Manspreads' On The Subway

Apparently, taking up too much space on the subway (a.k.a. "manspreading") is only socially acceptable when men do it.

Mic editors Liz Plank and Nick Baker took to the New York City subways to see how people reacted when a woman manspreads. They found that people were not too comfortable with a woman manspreading, but seemed very accustomed to a man taking up multiple seats with his wide-legged stance.

While manspreading, Plank received numerous stares, and a random dude even snapped a picture of her splayed legs with his phone. There was little reaction to Baker, who had his legs and briefcase spread authoritatively across three seats. (Though towards the end of the video, a few women politely asked him to move his bag.)

The experiment was created in light of a petition written by men's rights activists claiming that men need to take up more space due to the "testicles between [their] legs" and that anti-manspreading campaigns are "male-bashing." This is just one of a long list of bizarre and sexist arguments MRAs often use against feminist efforts.

The manspreading phenomenon has been discussed at length in projects such as "Move The Fuck Over, Bro" and "Men Taking Up Too Much Space On The Train," prompting the NYC Metropolitan Transportation Authority to launch a campaign encouraging everyone to be more courteous on the subways.

Plank explains in the video how collectively standing up to manspreading can empower us all. So, to all you manspreaders out there: Some manners and a little self-awareness goes a long way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/06/woman-manspreads-on-subway-mic_n_6422576.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

https://twitter.com/hashtag/manspreading?src=hash

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:14:16 PM

Apparently, taking up too much space on the subway (a.k.a. "manspreading") is only socially acceptable when men do it.

Mic editors Liz Plank and Nick Baker took to the New York City subways to see how people reacted when a woman manspreads. They found that people were not too comfortable with a woman manspreading, but seemed very accustomed to a man taking up multiple seats with his wide-legged stance.

While manspreading, Plank received numerous stares, and a random dude even snapped a picture of her splayed legs with his phone. There was little reaction to Baker, who had his legs and briefcase spread authoritatively across three seats. (Though towards the end of the video, a few women politely asked him to move his bag.)

The experiment was created in light of a petition written by men's rights activists claiming that men need to take up more space due to the "testicles between [their] legs" and that anti-manspreading campaigns are "male-bashing." This is just one of a long list of bizarre and sexist arguments MRAs often use against feminist efforts.

The manspreading phenomenon has been discussed at length in projects such as "Move The Fuck Over, Bro" and "Men Taking Up Too Much Space On The Train," prompting the NYC Metropolitan Transportation Authority to launch a campaign encouraging everyone to be more courteous on the subways.

Plank explains in the video how collectively standing up to manspreading can empower us all. So, to all you manspreaders out there: Some manners and a little self-awareness goes a long way.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/06/woman-manspreads-on-subway-mic_n_6422576.html?utm_hp_ref=tw

https://twitter.com/hashtag/manspreading?src=hash

Tell that to the man bitch with the vag that had her legs spread on the subway today. She tipped the scales at around 300.

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 09:37:41 PM

Tell that to the man bitch with the vag that had her legs spread on the subway today. She tipped the scales at around 300.

You saw Mark Karpeles?

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
January 06, 2015, 11:53:21 PM

You saw Mark Karpeles?

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 12:12:51 AM

You saw Mark Karpeles?

What's a Fem-Nazi?

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 03:47:27 AM

Is Twitter allowing their harassment tools to be used to silence dissenting voices? Since when is tweeting a journalist’s words back at her harassment?

Yes, because the CEO and his team are fucking enemy of the Spirit of America... but it's their private propriety, they can rule it as their cluster fucked patriarchal terroristically oriented propaganda tools for their aims. However those subtrashs must understand that :

look closely on the deck, what do you see...

So dear Costello, be aware, we are, fully.

What most people fail to understand is that NOTHING IS FREE, but TRUE LOVE and of course IN GOD WE TRUST. so they traded ease of use, for censorship, why can't they learn to use bitmessage? or a competing opensourced uncensorable system? it's too hard? As if Liberty was easy to attain and maintain...

Don't use it.

Lena Dunham’s Republican rapist turns out to be none of those things

I write badly, but this one... it's a new level in unintelligible writing...

You saw Mark Karpeles?

Gem of Freedom of Expression, not everyone will like but it made me  Cheesy. Frankly that's the point of my human frame picture : who chose the wideness of the seat? the majority? the authority? who ever... did they took into account that each frame is unique?

money is faster...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 04:43:33 AM

The Everyday Sexism of Women Waiting in Public Toilet Lines

Long lines for women's restrooms are the result of a history that favors men’s bodies

If you’re a woman, chances are you’ve a) spent time fidgeting in a long line waiting to use a public toilet, b) delayed a bodily function because you don’t want to or haven’t the time to waste standing in line to use a public toilet, c) considered sneaking into a men’s room—illegal in some places, or d) cursed loudly because of all of the above.

Faced with a long restroom line that spiraled up and around a circular stairwell at a recent museum visit, I opted not to wait. Why do we put up with this? This isn’t a minor pet peeve, but a serious question. Despite years of “potty parity” laws, women are still forced to stand in lines at malls, schools, stadiums, concerts, fair grounds, theme parks, and other crowded public spaces. This is frustrating, uncomfortable, and, in some circumstances, humiliating. It’s also a form of discrimination, as it disproportionately affects women.

After counting the women, I tweeted, “Dear @britishmuseum there are FIFTY women and girls standing in line for the loo while the men’s room has zero line #everydaysexism.” Immediately, people responded with the suggestion that women use the men’s room. But even more responses were defensive, along the lines of “How on god’s green earth did you arrive at the conclusion that this was sexist?”

http://time.com/3653871/womens-bathroom-lines-sexist-potty-parity/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 07, 2015, 05:08:45 AM

How to find a feminist boyfriend

‘I find it really attractive how successful you are,” my date said, leaning in for a kiss.

Sure, it sounds like a line. But it also sounds like feminism. It certainly made him more appealing than the guy who said, “Wow, you’re really ambitious,” like he was surprised. Or the one who asked, “Why do you work so much?” and “Why would you want to work even more?” when I was angling for a promotion.

It didn’t work out with any of those men, but going out with them made it all the more obvious to me what I want a partner to be: cute, smart, funny and . . . yes, feminist. So go ahead, alert Susan Patton, Lori Gottlieb and the rest of the get-married-already crowd: A 30-something single woman, eggs unfrozen, is telling other single women that they should dare to want it all if they ever hope to have it all.

But how do you spot a male feminist if he’s not at an abortion rights rally wearing a “This Is What a Feminist Looks Like” T-shirt?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/how-to-find-a-feminist-boyfriend/2015/01/02/ebd9ed10-8f7b-11e4-a900-9960214d4cd7_story.html

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 07:43:02 PM

More “green science” on fracking falls apart under scrutiny

Not that anyone in the anti-energy community will pay attention to this, but the debate over hydraulic fracturing (fracking) and energy extraction in general has delivered another blow to the Green Energy crew. In fact, several of the most commonly repeated stories about the health hazards associated with the oil and gas energy have turned out to be “claims masquerading as science.”

[Dr. Dan Hill, head and professor and Noble Chair of the Harold Vance Department of Petroleum Engineering at Texas A & M University] cited a study in Colorado, which alleged that people who live within a half mile of a natural gas well are at higher risk of cancer. That study was later criticized by the Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment for it flawed methodology and was eventually decommissioned by the Garfield County Commissioners in Colorado.

Similarly, some residents of Flower Mound, Texas (north of Fort Worth) suspected that breast cancers were linked to increased drilling. After extensive investigation by the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, the Texas Cancer Registry, and Susan G. Komen for the cure in Dallas all said there is no evidence of an increase in cancers. The Texas Department of State Health Services also found no connection between natural gas production and cancer in 2014.

In order to appreciate the impact of these results, do a Google search on Flower Mound, Texas and Fracking. This case has taken on legendary status among fracking opponents. It brought the phrase cancer cluster to national prominence and fueled the opposition to hydraulic fracturing in the liberal media for years. It was accepted as gospel that the incidence rate of cancers must be higher and, even in the absence of any evidence of a causal relationship, that it must have been caused by fracking. However we now see groups including Komen for the Cure saying that there was no increase and no relationship.

As a side note, Komen for the Cure was the same group at the center of the “pink fracking” segment of The Daily Show which I appeared on. Liberals were outraged that Komen would accept charitable donations from a company involved in the process because it caused cancer. Komen probably had more cause than most to accept this as true, but one study after another has failed to support that theory.

There are potential risks associated with every industrial endeavor undertaken by man, and we absolutely need to learn all we can and do whatever is possible to mitigate those risks. But while remaining cautious, we also need to be guided by good science and not what is politically convenient for a cause. In this case, the story being told by fracking opponents continues to fall apart.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/01/12/more-green-science-on-fracking-falls-apart-under-scrutiny/

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
January 12, 2015, 08:48:07 PM

But how do you spot a male feminist if he’s not at an abortion rights rally wearing a “This Is What a Feminist Looks Like” T-shirt?

Look for the fembeard.  A greying one means he's got some money.  "Feminists are women of their convictions, but they're also...women if you follow my meaning."  with apologies to Ambassador Alexi de Sadesky.

edit: looked up transcript and adjusted. and adjusted again.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 16, 2015, 08:24:29 PM

All-Women’s College Cancels “Vagina Monologues” Play Because It’s Not “Inclusive” of Transgender Students…

Mount Holyoke College, an all-women’s college in Massachusetts, is retiring its annual production of the Vagina Monologues this year because the play is not inclusive of transgender students.

The annual production of the play is part of a country-wide tradition to perform Eve Ensler’s Vagina Monologues on Valentine’s Day to raise awareness about gender-based violence and usually coincides with the V-Day campaign. The proceeds are donated to sexual assault prevention organizations or women’s rights organizations.

This year, however, Mount Holyoke’s Project Theatre Board is defying tradition by permanently retiring the play. In a school-wide email from the Theatre Board, a representative from the group, Erin Murphy, explained the problems with the play and the reasoning behind its discontinuation.

“At its core, the show offers an extremely narrow perspective on what it means to be a woman…Gender is a wide and varied experience, one that cannot simply be reduced to biological or anatomical distinctions, and many of us who have participated in the show have grown increasingly uncomfortable presenting material that is inherently reductionist and exclusive,” the email, obtained by Campus Reform, said.

Replacing the play will be Mount Holyoke’s own version that will be trans-inclusive and fix the “problems” supposedly perpetuated by Ensler. Murphy also claims that there are problems with race, class, and “other identities” within the play.

http://campusreform.org/?ID=6202

Rishblitz

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

I'm nothing without GOD

View Profile
January 18, 2015, 07:07:48 AM

this runs on the philosophy of if you tell someone to do something they will do the opposite to spite you.

BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
January 19, 2015, 03:40:24 PM

I never saw the toilets problem with this angle... now I can't unseen it. So I have no others choices but to boycott any venues (public or private) where toilets haven't been sized for the time needed by women. crazy, that I couldn't alone remark this patent, visible and stupid injustice. Most toilets architect are men I presume...

this runs on the philosophy of if you tell someone to do something they will do the opposite to spite you.

Unless you put a loaded rifle in their mounts.

More “green science” on fracking falls apart under scrutiny

I don't doubt that "green fracking" will come, meaning that the CEO of the corp fracking will happily drink the water+chem waiting a few days... however right now... You have no idea.

money is faster...
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 12:25:56 PM

The modern feminist movement was started by the US Central Intelligence Agency through their financial support of Gloria Steinem. Yes she was a paid government stooge.

Why you may ask? What would make the CIA want to be involved in such matters? The answer was simple. The social engineers in government saw that the traditional family unit of the man being the bread winner and the mom being a housewife was under-utilizing the tax base. Through the 'empowerment of women' they got out of the home and got jobs and paid income tax. Yes income tax - the driving force behind the feminism.

Telling this to a Femnazi gets their panties in a bunch. When they find out it's the truth their head explodes.

EDIT: Figured I had better leave proof of this before someone calls bullshit.

https://www.google.ca/#q=Gloria+Steinem+funded+by+cia

TECSHARE
In memoriam
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1958

First Exclusion Ever

View Profile WWW
January 24, 2015, 02:23:21 PM

The modern feminist movement was started by the US Central Intelligence Agency through their financial support of Gloria Steinem. Yes she was a paid government stooge.

Why you may ask? What would make the CIA want to be involved in such matters? The answer was simple. The social engineers in government saw that the traditional family unit of the man being the bread winner and the mom being a housewife was under-utilizing the tax base. Through the 'empowerment of women' they got out of the home and got jobs and paid income tax. Yes income tax - the driving force behind the feminism.

Telling this to a Femnazi gets their panties in a bunch. When they find out it's the truth their head explodes.

Don't forget feminism was closely involved in the prohibitionist movement. Clearly that worked well. Unfortunately as a result we still suffer from "The Drug War", and we all know how much the CIA loves "The Drug War" seeing as it is their primary funding method.
coinits
Legendary

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 02:27:21 PM

Don't forget feminism was closely involved in the prohibitionist movement. Clearly that worked well. Unfortunately as a result we still suffer from "The Drug War", and we all know how much the CIA loves "The Drug War" seeing as it is their primary funding method.

War on some unseen /faceless foe is the primary funding source of the US Military Industrial Complex.

War on drugs
War on crime
War on terror

These phony wars have left a debt burden on children not even born yet. It will never be paid back. A world war will happen to wipe the slate clean. I give it 5-6 years before a nuke drops somewhere.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 05:16:20 PM

Bullsh.....!!!!!!.. Smiley  I have to play devil's advocate in my own thread as no feminists will come and call you out or have some kind of back and forth.

It must be the high level of cryptonite they believe exists here... Cheesy

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 24, 2015, 06:12:36 PM

German Court Upholds Men’s Right To Stand Up While Urinating

A German court ruled in favor of mens’ right to pee standing up on Thursday, after a landlord tried to retain part of a tenant’s 3,000 euro deposit for allegedly damaging the marble floor of a toilet by sprinkling it with urine.

The debate about whether men should stand or sit is no laughing matter in Germany, where some toilets have red traffic-style signs forbidding the standing position. There is also a derogatory term for men who sit and pee – “Sitzpinkler” – which implies that it is not masculine behavior.

Judge Stefan Hank in the city of Duesseldorf said men who insist on standing “must expect occasional rows with housemates, especially women” but cannot be held to account for collateral damage. “Despite growing domestication of men in this matter, urinating while standing up is still widespread,” he said.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/01/22/us-germany-urine-idUSKBN0KV14H20150122

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
January 25, 2015, 05:44:14 PM

You have a good head on your shoulders.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: