Bitcoin Forum
July 18, 2024, 04:33:03 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80417 times)
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4634
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 06:06:37 AM

“No,” he replied. “There’s never been any contact between us. Since she turned around and took my photograph.”

Ten months had passed since that day. Hank had had 10 months to allow his feelings about her to settle into something coherent, so I asked him what he thought of her now?

“I think that nobody deserves what she went through,” he replied.

Hank's much better man than I am!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 08, 2015, 02:24:21 PM

“No,” he replied. “There’s never been any contact between us. Since she turned around and took my photograph.”

Ten months had passed since that day. Hank had had 10 months to allow his feelings about her to settle into something coherent, so I asked him what he thought of her now?

“I think that nobody deserves what she went through,” he replied.

Hank's much better man than I am!

Compared that to what adria said. He is a good man.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 02:59:03 PM

Male Feminist Calls For “Liberating Cis Men” From The “Oppressive Force” Of Masculinity…

Much of the work I’ve done here at Feministing has been an attempt to unpack the oppressive nature of our current constructs of masculinity. Sometimes this means discussing the ways in which defining masculinity around dominance, violence, coercion, and invulnerability limit the identities and expression of men who are beholden to this definition.

And I continue to believe that is an important conversation to have. It’s true that a patriarchal definition of masculinity and manhood is damaging to men — physically, emotionally, and psychologically. […]

My issue is that masculinity acts as oppressive force, and any conversation about oppression that leaves out the oppressed is not one I find worth having. What masculinity does to heterosexual cis men is important to discuss, but what it does to everyone else, especially women, is far more important. Because while it can leave us men broken in many ways, the privilege to be able to move through the world adopting this masculinity bestows upon us a tremendous amount of power. That power has been used to render everyone else second- and third-class citizens. This is the true danger.

When people of good faith and goodwill push this to the side to focus solely on the ways in which masculinity affects men and boys, it only serves to diminish the fight for gender equality by not dealing with it directly. When we re-center men in this discussion, we’re saying that the effects felt by women are not just secondary but can be ignored and still eradicated. That’s simply not true. It’s possible to do the work of redefining masculinity and liberating men from patriarchy and still reinforce the same gendered power dynamics under the guise of a “progressive masculinity.”

Ultimately, the definition of a progressive masculinity, if there is to be one, will not be cis het men’s to define, but to actualize. We will not be the experts on what this new masculinity should look like because we are not the ones whose liberation is truly at stake. We will only benefit from redefining masculinity if it is done with the goal dismantling the current power structure. We are not the ones best equipped to do that.

http://feministing.com/2015/03/19/remembering-why-redefining-masculinity-is-important/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:25:47 PM

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:44:43 PM

Huh?  I thought women were oppressed by definition/default.  Sounds like she's discovered that oppression is not always all that it's cracked up to be.

If Ms. Morgan were afflicted with a penis and testicles like me the poor woman would be downright suicidal one suspects.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
manwithat

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 23, 2015, 04:57:17 PM

'I Aborted My Baby Because It Was A Boy'

Today, my doctor, who I will call “Sandy” did an ultrasound and everything appeared to be fine. “Would you like to know the gender?” Sandy asked. I thought to myself “That machine is an ultrasound, not a crystal ball, you couldn’t tell me the gender of my baby even if you wanted to”
“Sure” was my response.

“It’s a boy”…..

……

“What?” I managed to sputter. Sandy then showed me on the ultrasound how exactly my body had betrayed me even worse than the misogynistic suit jockey on the airplane so many months before. I was in shock, I started crying, weeping at the thought of what I was about to curse the world with.

On my way home, my driver asked if I was ok and if I needed anything. “JUST STOP RIGHT HERE” I yelled. Deciding to walk the 4 blocks back home. My home became my prison and my fetus became my warden the next 48 hours. Crying, sobbing, uncontrollable weeping, mental anguish the likes of which may only be experienced by those who have had their lives destroyed by war, I was a refugee, and my home was my refugee camp, an unfamiliar place that was just….sheltering me.

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2015/02/08/wow-i-aborted-my-baby-because-it-was-a-boy-n1954531?utm_source=BreakingOnTownhallWidget_4&utm_medium=story&utm_campaign=BreakingOnTownhall

Probable, feminists are men who lost their penis, and that is because they hate so much.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 06:46:57 PM

Tree-Hugger Trying To Block New Golf Course Hospitalized After Falling From His Branch During 11th Day Perched In Tree…

A man who had occupied a cypress tree for 11 days to block construction of a premier golf course in New Orleans’ large public park has fallen from the tree and injured himself.

The man, identified as Jonathan Boover, who goes by Lloyd, fell out of the tree in City Park on Tuesday morning.

Christopher Lane of the City Park for Everyone Coalition says Boover apparently had not eaten in a day and was disoriented from lack of sleep.

Lane says Boover believed he may have broken an ankle and his nose in the fall.

Sheriff’s deputies had been monitoring Boover’s protest and kept a spotlight trained on him at night.

He was expected to be charged with trespassing.

Boover said he was happy to ‘spend a few days in jail’ if it meant more people would hear about the $24.5 million golf course being built along park along Harrison Avenue.

About 100 trees will be chopped down for the course

https://pzfeed.com/tree-hugger-hospitalized-after-falling-tens-of-feet-from-his-branch-on-11th-day-of-protest-over-25m-golf-course/

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 25, 2015, 11:15:07 PM

Tree-Hugger Trying To Block New Golf Course Hospitalized After Falling From His Branch During 11th Day Perched In Tree…

I live in timber country in Oregon and we've got a ton of these types.  Many of the come from out-of-state.

We've been talking about the parallels between religion and environmentalism on some of these threads.  These people are a close match for the suicide bombers of radical Islam or the abortion clinic bombers of the Christian right it seems to me.  I think that vid of the wailing Earth-Firsters was posted here already.  These folks are clearly as whacked as any of the extreme religious fundies out there.  The Westboro Baptist have nothing on them.

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 12:11:29 AM

I live in timber country in Oregon and we've got a ton of these types.  Many of the come from out-of-state.

We've been talking about the parallels between religion and environmentalism on some of these threads.  These people are a close match for the suicide bombers of radical Islam or the abortion clinic bombers of the Christian right it seems to me.  I think that vid of the wailing Earth-Firsters was posted here already.  These folks are clearly as whacked as any of the extreme religious fundies out there.  The Westboro Baptist have nothing on them.

Cant they just cut down the tree with him in it?

Pesky tort liability always ruining good opportunities for hilarity.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 03:29:19 AM

I live in timber country in Oregon and we've got a ton of these types.  Many of the come from out-of-state.

We've been talking about the parallels between religion and environmentalism on some of these threads.  These people are a close match for the suicide bombers of radical Islam or the abortion clinic bombers of the Christian right it seems to me.  I think that vid of the wailing Earth-Firsters was posted here already.  These folks are clearly as whacked as any of the extreme religious fundies out there.  The Westboro Baptist have nothing on them.

Cant they just cut down the tree with him in it?

Pesky tort liability always ruining good opportunities for hilarity.

I've never heard of it happening, but I've heard of people coming close.  When you put a bird'ss mouth in a big doug fir, do the back-cut, and drive in some wedges the top can move quite a bit before it is in real danger of falling (absent wind.)  I heard second hand about a faller chasing one of these guys out of a tree by doing that.  I think there was one case where one of these sitters was killed on the ground by being to close to some operation but I don't think he was in a tree.

There's a guy in California who specializes in climbing up and wrestling these people.  Getting them tied off and brought down.  One of the sitters claimed that the guy told her that if she happened to fall he would say that she jumped deliberately.  I think all of his operations have been successful in that he's gotten all of the sitters out of the trees with nothing more than a few scratches.  I cannot imagine how these people must smell after being up in a tree for a week or so, so to be in hand-to-hand combat with one?  Yuck!  I think there's a youtube vid showing one of the tree sitters trying to cut through one of the climber's safety lines.  That strikes me as something pretty close to attempted murder.

Nowadays the sitters try to tie a bunch of trees together so that if one falls it will potentially take down the one this sitter is in.  A year or two ago some group of sitters got tired and hungry and went home.  I guess it was more compfy back at the pad toking out or whatever and they didn't get around to going back to retrieve all their shit strung around in the trees and what-not.  The county sheriff eventually went up there and cleaned up their mess.  The funny thing was that the sitters showed up at the sheriff's office asking for their stuff back.

Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
March 26, 2015, 04:22:55 AM

I think all of his operations have been successful in that he's gotten all of the sitters out of the trees with nothing more than a few scratches.

Isn't the market amazing like that. Cops cant manage to subdue a homeless maniac with a pen knife who has 2 dozen armed to the teeth cops surrounding him without unloading 50 bullets in the guy. But private actors can some how manage to solve all of these sorts of problems without ever hurting anyone.

This was hilarious to read, thanks for sharing.

If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
March 28, 2015, 04:06:26 PM

Feminist Outrage Of The Day: Instagram Is Sexist For Censoring “Gorgeous” Pic Of Woman With Menstrual Blood Stain…

What violates Instagram’s community guidelines? Periods, apparently. Instagram has an ugly history of policing bodies. Over the last year the social media site has come under fire for banning images of women’s pubic hair — even though, according to Mic, Instagram has tolerated men’s pubic hair.

This week, Instagram told visual and spoken word artist Rupi Kaur that her self-portrait violated the app’s community guidelines. Her crime? The photo, which you can see below, shows Kaur with a small period leak.

The photo is gorgeous — but apparently periods, like women’s pubic hair, offends Instagram’s misogynist sense of propriety. In taking down Kaur’s photos, Instagram promotes a long tradition of shaming people who menstruate, most but not all of whom are women, as though their bodies are naturally dirty.

http://feministing.com/2015/03/27/instagram-bans-photos-for-showing-menstruation/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 07, 2015, 06:30:46 PM

California’s ‘man-made’ environmental disaster

The United States, a vast nation of near unparalleled natural beauty, might have no more stunning an environment than that which characterizes the state of California.

Over the weekend, I had the pleasure of taking a brief trip to the Bay Area where I sampled some of this landscape’s agricultural pleasures, many of which came in fermented form. The people were lovely and accommodating. The weather was near perfection. The scenery was positively inspiring. But the topic not far from every local’s lips was a worrying one. A debilitating drought that has forced Gov. Jerry Brown to impose draconian water usage restrictions on the public has many in that state genuinely fearing for the future of their erstwhile paradise.

During an Easter morning brunch, I sat across from a pair of middle-aged women who, despite their contentedness, fretted mightily over the perilous environmental challenges facing their state. While staring wistfully over the San Francisco Bay, one of these conversationalists bragged with mock humility about her involvement in The Cause. She noted that she eagerly devotes her time to virtually any organization with an ostensible environmental mission; Sierra Club, Green Peace, Earth First!, and what she claimed was the laudably litigious Earth Justice.

Turning again to the bay, this individual scolded the ill-defined villains whom she has devoted her life to combatting. Corporations, she said, which “only care about profit,” have devoted their time to dredging the bay from Oakland to Sausalito in order to capture every smelt in the ocean. This, she claimed, has driven the native seal population into decline and has forced seal mothers to abandon their seal children in search of the disappearing schools. It was a tragic premise upon which you might base a Disney film. But for all her environmental education, this individual lacked an understanding of public policy, the federal regulations governing smelt, or how this corresponds to her state’s water crisis.

There was a period when the various species of smelt native to California were over-fished, but that was a time largely prior to this fish’s protection by the Endangered Species Act in 1994. And while it would be overly simplistic to lay the entirety of the state’s water crisis at the feet of environmental regulations (In 2013, the state had its driest year on record followed by its third driest year in 2014), the plight of the smelt has led Sacramento and Washington D.C. to tragically mismanage one of the few natural resources in California that is not present in abundance: Water.

In 2014, National Review’s Charles C. W. Cooke filed a dispatch from California’s Central Valley, an area that was once an agricultural hub and has now been reduced to a virtual dust bowl as a result of drought combined with severe and unnecessary resource mismanagement. That misallocation of resources is not the result of a frustrating tradeoff between the needs of Central Valley farmers and the desert-dwelling populations of Los Angeles and San Diego, but the eternally threatened smelt.

“In 2007, the pumps were turned down; the Delta’s water output was lowered dramatically, contingent now upon the interests of a fish; and the farms that rely on the system in order to grow their crops were thrown into veritable chaos,” Cooke wrote of the smelt-favoring anthropogenic water crisis. “Predictably, a man-made drought began.”

This is a classic tale of activist government run amok — and, too, of the peculiarly suicidal instincts that rich and educated societies exhibit when they reach maturity. Were its consequences not so hideously injurious, the details would be almost comical. As a direct result of the overwrought concern that a few well-connected interest groups and their political allies have displayed for a fish — and of a federal Endangered Species Act that is in need of serious revision — hundreds of billions of gallons of water that would in other areas have been sent to parched farmland have been diverted away from the Central Valley and deliberately pushed out under the Golden Gate Bridge and into the Pacific Ocean, wasted forever, to the raucous applause of Luddites, misanthropes, and their powerful enablers. The later chapters of “The Decline and Fall of the United States” will make interesting reading.

Make no mistake: The rare, hard-done-by, and rightly protected manatee the Delta smelt is not. According to some estimates, there are no more than 3,000 manatees left in the United States, and, when left unchecked, human beings have had a nasty tendency to maim and kill them in the service of nothing more exalted than speedboating. By contrast, when the Great Smelt Freakout of 2007 began, there were 35,000 to well over 100,000 of the little buggers, depending on whom you ask. And yet the powers that be have seen fit to decree that no more than 305 of them may be killed in a given year. As an exasperated Harry Cline, of the Western Farm Press, put it in February 2012, last year “800,000 acre-feet of water went to waste based on the science of four buckets of minnows. That is enough water to produce crops on 200,000 acres or 10 million tons of tomatoes; 200 million boxes of lettuce; 20 million tons of grapes. You get the picture?”

The present crisis is not entirely California-based; Washington also plays a role. In December, the U.S. House of Representatives passed a bill that would have pumped water from the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta into Central and Southern California, but it died an unceremonious death in the Democrat-dominated Senate. If the measure had passed both chambers of Congress, President Barack Obama pledged to veto it. Why? Environmental groups feared the threat it posed to the smelt.

“That’s the tragedy of California, because of liberal environmentalists’ insistence — despite the fact that California has suffered from droughts for millennia, liberal environmentalists have prevented the building of a single new reservoir or a single new water conveyance system over decades during a period in which California’s population has doubled,” said former CEO and U.S. Senate candidate from the Golden State Carly Fiorina. “There is a man-made lack of water in California — and Washington manages the water for the farmers.”

“President Obama goes out to California a little over a year ago, calls it a tragedy of global warming and hands out money to a food bank,” she continued. “This is all about politics and policy, and it is liberal environmentalists who have brought us this tragedy.”

When asked on Monday if the White House had a plan to address the crippling drought facing California, the administration said it did not. And save for blocking any resolution to this crisis that would inevitably endanger his support from the environmental lobby, the administration doesn’t have a plan. And, yet, the Democratic Party is forever given the benefit of the doubt because their intentions, we are sanctimoniously informed, are noble.

Fiorina is right. There is a man-made component to California’s resource crisis, and it is one that has the full support of many of the state’s environmentalist residents. Our well-meaning conservationist, who bemoaned the present state of affairs over brunch while comfortably overlooking one of the planet’s most endowed natural landscapes, cannot see that reality. For her, the perennially victimized smelt are a more pressing concern than the millions driven out of a man-made paradise by man’s folly.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/07/californias-man-made-environmental-disaster-has-little-to-do-with-climate-change/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:37:52 AM

An environmental activist shot an oil worker in West Virginia this week

Oil worker shot in Lincoln County

A gas company employee was shot in Lincoln County on Monday afternoon, Chief Sheriff’s Deputy J.J. Napier said Tuesday.

A man dressed in camouflage with his face painted black approached Mark Miller, an employee with HG Energy LLC, on Joe’s Creek near Sod, Napier said.

“At that time he played Mr. Miller a recording that said ‘Stop the drilling’ and then stuck a gun through the window of the passenger side of the truck,” Napier said.

Miller told police he grabbed the gun, which fired, shooting him in the hand, Napier said.

Miller then drove back to the HG Energy office in Yawkey, Napier said.

A person who answered the phone at HG Energy’s Parkersburg office said a spokesman for the company wasn’t available as of Tuesday morning.

HG Energy operates in 15 West Virginia counties, and owns and operates 1,300 oil and gas wells in West Virginia and Ohio, according to its website.

The incident was reported around 1:30 p.m. Monday.

Miller was in an unmarked work truck checking on a leaking oil well in the area, according to the West Virginia State Police, which is leading the investigation.

A State Police trooper said Miller was in a wildlife management area, not on private property.

Beth Little, a member of the West Virginia Sierra Club, said in a voicemail that the organization’s board members were shocked to learn of the incident.

“We think violence is deplorable,” Little said in her message.

No arrests had been made as of late Tuesday. State Police don’t have a specific suspect.

A scent was tracked four miles into the woods using a dog, but lost it at a set of four-wheeler tracks. A trooper with the State Police in the Hamlin detachment said police couldn’t determine if the scent was the suspect’s.

Napier said the suspect did not identify himself or say anything to Miller, and he didn’t know what kind of gun was used in the incident.

The State Police trooper said he believes the shooting was an isolated incident. This is the first incident of its kind the Sheriff’s Department has heard about, Napier said.

http://www.wvgazette.com/article/20150414/GZ01/150419682

Will there be a National Conversation after environmentalist shoots energy worker?

"Of course not..."

KonstantinosM

Activity: 1492
Merit: 763

Life is a taxable event

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 01:52:47 AM

An environmental activist shot an oil worker in West Virginia this week

Oil worker shot in Lincoln County

A gas company employee was shot in Lincoln County on Monday afternoon, Chief Sheriff’s Deputy J.J. Napier said Tuesday.

A man dressed in camouflage with his face painted black approached Mark Miller, an employee with HG Energy LLC, on Joe’s Creek near Sod, Napier said.

“At that time he played Mr. Miller a recording that said ‘Stop the drilling’ and then stuck a gun through the window of the passenger side of the truck,” Napier said.

Miller told police he grabbed the gun, which fired, shooting him in the hand, Napier said.

Miller then drove back to the HG Energy office in Yawkey, Napier said.

A person who answered the phone at HG Energy’s Parkersburg office said a spokesman for the company wasn’t available as of Tuesday morning.

HG Energy operates in 15 West Virginia counties, and owns and operates 1,300 oil and gas wells in West Virginia and Ohio, according to its website.

The incident was reported around 1:30 p.m. Monday.

Miller was in an unmarked work truck checking on a leaking oil well in the area, according to the West Virginia State Police, which is leading the investigation.

A State Police trooper said Miller was in a wildlife management area, not on private property.

Beth Little, a member of the West Virginia Sierra Club, said in a voicemail that the organization’s board members were shocked to learn of the incident.

“We think violence is deplorable,” Little said in her message.

No arrests had been made as of late Tuesday. State Police don’t have a specific suspect.

A scent was tracked four miles into the woods using a dog, but lost it at a set of four-wheeler tracks. A trooper with the State Police in the Hamlin detachment said police couldn’t determine if the scent was the suspect’s.

Napier said the suspect did not identify himself or say anything to Miller, and he didn’t know what kind of gun was used in the incident.

The State Police trooper said he believes the shooting was an isolated incident. This is the first incident of its kind the Sheriff’s Department has heard about, Napier said.

http://www.wvgazette.com/article/20150414/GZ01/150419682

Will there be a National Conversation after environmentalist shoots energy worker?

"Of course not..."

"Miller was on a wildlife management area"
"Miller was... checking on a leaking oil well"

I see a problem there.

Syscoin has the best of Bitcoin and Ethereum in one place, it's merge mined with Bitcoin so it is plugged into Bitcoin's ecosystem and takes full advantage of it's POW while rewarding Bitcoin miners with Syscoin
Anon136
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:18:20 AM

I sort of sympathize with the maniac. If the ridiculous ideas that he believed in were true it would make sense to murder oil workers. If they were actually causing the future destruction of the planet, another literal mass extinction level event, than i would be out there with a gun too. Too bad he had his mind so twisted up by the sociopaths who hope to make advantage of this dangerous rhetoric.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 04:13:27 AM

I sort of sympathize with the maniac. If the ridiculous ideas that he believed in were true it would make sense to murder oil workers. If they were actually causing the future destruction of the planet, another literal mass extinction level event, than i would be out there with a gun too. Too bad he had his mind so twisted up by the sociopaths who hope to make advantage of this dangerous rhetoric.

Wait until the word goes around that fire is the Mother Gaia deity's way of dealing with problems.  Most of these whacked out propagandized drones are to meek to be confrontational, but I've no doubt that a lot of them would take to arson like a fish to water if that's what their spiritual leaders told them it would take to bring back the 'wildlands'.

I've got a pretty good fire fighting set-up and a pretty good surveillance system in place to deal with a variety of potential problems including this one.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 03:45:21 PM

https://www.worldwildlife.org/leaders/leonardo-dicaprio

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3044176/Leonardo-DiCaprio-eco-warrior-flew-private-jet-NY-LA-SIX-times-SIX-weeks-Sony-hack-documents-reveal.html

coinits
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

View Profile
April 18, 2015, 07:53:30 PM

Leo is systemic of all people who believe in anthropogenic global warming. These fucking tards are the same ones that buy fluorescent lighting for their homes to replace the evil incandescent and toss them and their mercury into the trash when they burn out.  They are also the same ones who toss their device batteries into the trash when they go bad.

In their zeal to impose phoney science they overlook the poisoning of drinking water because they flushed their big-pharma meds down the toilet. They allow GMO foods to proliferate, ignoring changes they cause to humans at the genetic level.

Their savior Al Gore forgot the real inconvenient truth when he started his Carbon Credit Swapping Business, the real reason for his movie. You see he and his partner, David Blood, have set up a multi-billion dollar scam to siphon carbon taxes of our backs.

Their company is called Generation Investment Management but one can not ignore the irony of two partners called Blood and Gore. Seems fitting for two scumbags stealing from brainwashed idiots who think that humanity is evil so we must be taxed for the air that we breathe.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybell/2013/11/03/blood-and-gore-making-a-killing-on-anti-carbon-investment-hype/

They can all be summed up in two words:

Brainwashed Idiots

Jump you fuckers! | The thing about smart motherfuckers is they sound like crazy motherfuckers to dumb motherfuckers. | My sig space for rent for 0.01 btc per week.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 19, 2015, 07:36:36 PM

EPA Tells Kids to Avoid Baths and Asks them to Check Toilets for Leaks

Parents across America who struggle to keep their young rambunctious kids clean now have a new obstacle: the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).

As part of its effort to help save the planet from the dangers of taking too many baths, the EPA’s WaterSense program is trying to convince kids they should avoid bathtubs in favor of showers, which it says is a far more efficient use of water.

“To save even more water, keep your shower under five minutes long—try timing yourself with a clock next time you hop in!” the “WaterSense for Kids” website says.

In addition to convincing kids to stay away from the tub, the EPA’s website instructs children to be careful not to give plants or the yard too much water, to ask parents to use car washes that recycle used water, and to avoid using hoses whenever possible. The EPA even suggests kids conduct experiments with parents to test toilets for leaks.

When kids aren’t busy timing their showers to ensure they remain as unclean as possible and training to be future plumbers, they can “test” their “water sense” by playing EPA’s Pac-Man-inspired online game starring the “water-efficiency hero,” Flo. The goal of the game is to move Flo, a cartoon water drop, “through water pipes and answer water-efficiency questions while avoiding water-wasting monsters.”

There’s nothing kids hate more than those darn water-wasting monsters.

You can add this pathetic attempt by the EPA to brainwash kids into feeling guilty every single time they flush the toilet to the long list of ridiculous efforts the federal agency has made recently to control every aspect of Americans’ lives.

In February, the EPA announced it had serious concerns over the expansion of the Keystone Pipeline, a project projected to create thousands of jobs. “Construction of the pipeline is projected to change the economics of oil sands development and result in increased oil sands production, and the accompanying greenhouse gas emissions, over what would otherwise occur,” the EPA said.

Citing EPA’s findings, President Barack Obama vetoed a bill that would have finally approved the pipeline expansion in late February.

In March, it was revealed the EPA provided a $15,000 grant to the University of Tulsa to develop a device that could “modify” hotel guests’ behavior by monitoring shower times and water use, adding a whole new creepy dimension to the concept of “big brother.”

The EPA has a responsibility to ensure the United States’ environment is not absolutely destroyed by human development, and it’s reasonable to say all Americans have a legitimate right to ask its government to protect certain lands, waterways, and natural resources from abuse. But the EPA has consistently gone far beyond what’s reasonable, entering into a realm of regulation development that attempts to bring the nation back to the 17th century.

For instance, the EPA recommends businesses consider installing “composting toilets,” which are just as disgusting as they sound, to save the maximum amount of water.

Teaching our children to conserve nature is important, but unreasonable and unsanitary mandates from bureaucrats in Washington, DC—who, by the way, expel countless tons of carbon dioxide in their behemoth urban office buildings—hinder economic and cultural growth and mislead impressionable kids into believing it’s a grave sin to take a bath or wash the family car with a garden hose.

http://news.heartland.org/editorial/2015/04/13/epa-tells-kids-avoid-baths-and-asks-them-check-toilets-leaks

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: