Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:29:01 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80410 times)
Possum577

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

Loose lips sink sigs!

View Profile WWW
September 16, 2015, 06:25:05 AM

Why don’t people behave in more environmentally friendly ways? New research presents one uncomfortable answer: They don’t want to be associated with environmentalists.

Your research is wrong, plenty of people enjoy the company of environmentalists and/or feminists (as long as they're not trying to love or castrate me!)

awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 12:47:20 PM

Our generation needs environmentalists, because the problems that corporations are advancing today will certainly affect our children, and I mean, our children, I don't mean grandchildren generations further down.

Account recovered 08-12-2019
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:09:43 PM

Why don’t people behave in more environmentally friendly ways? New research presents one uncomfortable answer: They don’t want to be associated with environmentalists.

Your research is wrong, plenty of people enjoy the company of environmentalists and/or feminists (as long as they're not trying to love or castrate me!)

According to some research plenty of people die of aspirin allergy every year. I enjoy the company of people not allergic to aspirin every day. I have never met anyone allergic to aspirin... How do I know the study saying plenty of people are dying from aspirin allergy every year is true?

Smiley

awesome31312

View Profile
September 16, 2015, 01:24:13 PM

According to some research plenty of people die of aspirin allergy every year. I enjoy the company of people not allergic to aspirin every day. I have never met anyone allergic to aspirin... How do I know the study saying plenty of people are dying from aspirin allergy every year is true?

Smiley

Argumentum Ad Populum. Fallacy of anecdotal evidence.

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 04:19:39 PM

On Saturday, I was ejected by the LAPD from the Amber Rose Slut Walk in Los Angeles. Here’s the footage.‎

Read my thoughts on why feminists call the cops on reporters when you’ve seen the video, and check out how slippery and devious some feminist journalists have been in covering up the dismal turnout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhdBkPFoOwQ

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/06/video-milo-gets-kicked-out-of-a-slut-walk-warning-graphic-content/

------------------------------------------
I can see why the lgbtq won't support the rights of Milo Yiannopoulos' free speech: not gay (leftist) enough.

awesome31312

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 03:22:22 AM

On Saturday, I was ejected by the LAPD from the Amber Rose Slut Walk in Los Angeles. Here’s the footage.‎

Read my thoughts on why feminists call the cops on reporters when you’ve seen the video, and check out how slippery and devious some feminist journalists have been in covering up the dismal turnout.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhdBkPFoOwQ

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/10/06/video-milo-gets-kicked-out-of-a-slut-walk-warning-graphic-content/

------------------------------------------
I can see why the lgbtq won't support the rights of Milo Yiannopoulos' free speech: not gay (leftist) enough.

This is interesting. I'll be sure to check out the video, thanks for sharing.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:37:53 AM

Okay, this is interesting. A kind of a merge of two posts I've been actively following on this sub-forum

"Why do people hate Islam"

France: Topless Femen dragged off stage at Muslim conference *EXPLICIT*

Two Femen activists half-naked and with messages written on their bodies jumped on the stage and disrupted a speech of two imams during the Muslim Salon in Pontoise, Saturday.

-------------------------------------------
I have never seen so many men kicking a half naked woman while on the floor. She was like a soccer ball...

I believe that while the actions of the people inside the mosque were unacceptable acts of violence, I also think that the "protesters" interfering in religious practices like that was intolerable.

What are your thoughts on this?

The 3rd wave feminism movement will escape the safety net of San Fran and see (finally?) where their sisters are abused... The next logical step for the most radicals of them is to go violent, beyond tits and words. It is already in their speech. They will need to act. Then the first fatwas targeting 3rd wave feminism will show up. A clash will happen. A violent one of course. Then it will be down hill from that point.
Femen does not want to be friend with anyone. They want, need the violence, the confrontation. Eventually any flat chested woman with a t shirt wearing jeans in a place of worship will be suspected as a femen activist, ready to tit-plose... This will do more damage to women and REAL feminists than good. Again, they do not care....

I don't see anything wrong with these two half naked women on stage except they need brain transplants.
awesome31312

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 01:30:11 AM

Okay, this is interesting. A kind of a merge of two posts I've been actively following on this sub-forum

"Why do people hate Islam"

France: Topless Femen dragged off stage at Muslim conference *EXPLICIT*

Two Femen activists half-naked and with messages written on their bodies jumped on the stage and disrupted a speech of two imams during the Muslim Salon in Pontoise, Saturday.

-------------------------------------------
I have never seen so many men kicking a half naked woman while on the floor. She was like a soccer ball...

I believe that while the actions of the people inside the mosque were unacceptable acts of violence, I also think that the "protesters" interfering in religious practices like that was intolerable.

What are your thoughts on this?

The 3rd wave feminism movement will escape the safety net of San Fran and see (finally?) where their sisters are abused... The next logical step for the most radicals of them is to go violent, beyond tits and words. It is already in their speech. They will need to act. Then the first fatwas targeting 3rd wave feminism will show up. A clash will happen. A violent one of course. Then it will be down hill from that point.
Femen does not want to be friend with anyone. They want, need the violence, the confrontation. Eventually any flat chested woman with a t shirt wearing jeans in a place of worship will be suspected as a femen activist, ready to tit-plose... This will do more damage to women and REAL feminists than good. Again, they do not care....

I don't see anything wrong with these two half naked women on stage except they need brain transplants.

You know what's really "wrong"? Forcing people to undergo brain transplants, or even suggesting they need them. Who are we to decide on that really?

And yes, like every other corrupt entity out there, I do heavily oppose the socialized health care systems throughout the world

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 04:20:26 PM

I identify as a childfree woman, one of a growing demographic of young people for whom having children is not only not in their present, but not in their future, either, entirely by choice. (Syntactically, the childfree are distinguished from the childless—those who want children but cannot or do not have them—because the latter term implies that one is “less” something for not having offspring.) For many, the decision to be childfree is a matter of practicalities: a baby would not fit in with their career and lifestyle, or they aren’t financially secure, or they haven’t yet found The One. While all those things are true in my case, the main reason is much simpler: I basely, emphatically, viscerally hate children.

I can’t remember a time when I felt anything more positive than contempt for children, even when I was a child myself. From (quite literally) the time I could talk, I announced my intent that I never wanted children, and as a little girl, I never had even the slightest inclination towards baby dolls. As an only child of older parents, I spent much of my time around middle-aged adults, and found I far preferred their company to that of my agemates. As an adult, my dislike seems to be rooted in my nature, stemming from the same sort of inborn, primal (if opposite) urge as those who desperately want them. I think of myself as “not a kid person” much in the same way that someone else might feel they’re “not a cat person” or “not a dog person”; it is not a conscious choice, but a natural state of being. But whereas cat- and dog-haters get a pass from society, there is something singularly off-putting to others about having an aversion the young of one’s own species.

Other childfree women have felt this resultant animosity, and have tried to preempt others’ judgment. From data-driven news stories to personal essays—including those in the excellent new collection “Selfish, Shallow, and Self-Absorbed: Sixteen Writers on the Decision Not to Have Children,” edited by Meghan Daum—almost each story by and about childfree women seems to include apologetic, vehement protestations that such women are not baby-haters. (“We do not hate kids,” Daum writes in her introduction, “and it still amazes me that this notion is given any credence.”) Nearly every woman-authored piece on the topic, both in Daum’s collection and elsewhere, is defensive about an implied dislike of children, and those that aren’t are instead evasive of it. (Notably but perhaps unsurprisingly, men who dislike children are more outspoken about it, and far less stigmatized.) Childfree women are often characterized as doting and dedicated aunts, godmothers, professionals or community volunteers whose lives are full of children they love, even if they ultimately—some pined for children in the past—do not want any of their own. I have no doubt that such characterizations are true, and that many childfree people do in fact love children; that is their reality. But by failing to account for the possibility that there are baby-haters among us, by attempting to subvert the ugly stereotype before it even arises, such authors negate the experiences of—and even the existence of—those of us for whom our reality is in fact one of baby-hating. And by denying that we exist—especially for women, society’s designated nurturers, who feel this stereotype especially acutely—we are denied the chance to prove that, contrary to what one may instinctively characterize us as, this particular facet of our personalities, our identities as baby-haters, does not make us bad people.

I firmly believe that some of us were simply born without the nurturing gene and with biological clocks that nature neglected to wind. My baby-hating doesn’t come from a place of malice. I don’t wish children ill; I just want them to stay the hell away from me. I’m not a situational baby-hater, either; though a child behaving badly might cause me to shoot some side-eye or make a snarky comment, my inherent dislike of children does not significantly lessen when a kid behaves well, even if I do find them slightly more tolerable. (As Kate Christensen writes of her boyfriend in her essay in “Selfish, Shallow, and Self-Absorbed” and which I can wholeheartedly relate to, “Seeing other people with their kids, no matter how cute they are, only reinforces his knowledge that he doesn’t want them.”) I can count on one hand all the children I’ve seen in my life that have struck me as cute. On the subway, if I see even a well-behaved child heading for the empty seat next to mine, I will move across the train car, all the while raising the volume on my music. On a recent outing to the Bronx Zoo, a small child mistakenly grabbed my hand instead of her mother’s, and I instinctively recoiled as if the toddler’s touch had sent 10,000 volts of electricity coursing through my body.

I’m not the only baby-hater out there. While I am fairly open about my views, other women have confessed to me in hushed tones their dislike—even hatred—of children or doubt over whether they might ever want any. In fact, even as the stigma against baby-haters persists, science shows that there’s probably a little baby-hater in all of us: new research demonstrates that nothing kills happiness quite like having a baby does.

http://www.salon.com/2015/10/07/im_a_baby_hater_and_im_not_sorry/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialflow

-----------------------------------------
Alanna weissman, from ?
http://www.parentguidenews.com/Authors/AlannaWeissman

Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 01:43:13 PM

Nope, not all feminists are women. I'm a testament to that. I believe in equal rights for both sexes.

If you believe in equal rights for both sexes that just makes you a normal person. You dont need a label for that. That's pretty much a description of almost everyone. Atleast in the west. Modern feminists aren't about rights, they are about enforcing equality of outcome which requires different people to have different rights. So for example if men and woman having equal rights leads to men making slightly higher wages on average than females, than feminists are not satisfied with this and will seek to enforce equality of outcome by giving woman special rights that men don't have.

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 04:09:51 PM

Nope, not all feminists are women. I'm a testament to that. I believe in equal rights for both sexes.

If you believe in equal rights for both sexes that just makes you a normal person. You dont need a label for that. That's pretty much a description of almost everyone. Atleast in the west. Modern feminists aren't about rights, they are about enforcing equality of outcome which requires different people to have different rights. So for example if men and woman having equal rights leads to men making slightly higher wages on average than females, than feminists are not satisfied with this and will seek to enforce equality of outcome by giving woman special rights that men don't have.

Yep.

gogxmagog
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1010

Ad maiora!

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:07:21 PM

I've looked at the title of this thread for months but never opened it until now. It just seems like a provocation... a hot-button topic. an argument for the sake of arguing.

today i opened it up... FORTY ONE PAGES! almost every post is hundreds of words long! damn people sure  get riled about this stuff!

well here's my take; I dont think everybody hates environmentalists and feminists. I dont even think many people hate either group. certainly no one sane and good hearted does. I love women and EXPECT every one to be a feminist. I dont respect women who aren't intelligent and strong. who would?

and the environment is in dire straits, we should all be environmental, if you aren't you are akin to committing crimes against humanity. isn't it obvious how polluted the world is? isn't it obvious we need to take better care of the planet?

there are people who resent both groups, but they are a very loud minority. the best defense against these fools is to ignore them. they're just mad because they never get laid (unless they pay for it)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 09, 2015, 06:11:26 PM

I've looked at the title of this thread for months but never opened it until now. It just seems like a provocation... a hot-button topic. an argument for the sake of arguing.

today i opened it up... FORTY ONE PAGES! almost every post is hundreds of words long! damn people sure  get riled about this stuff!

well here's my take; I dont think everybody hates environmentalists and feminists. I dont even think many people hate either group. certainly no one sane and good hearted does. I love women and EXPECT every one to be a feminist. I dont respect women who aren't intelligent and strong. who would?

and the environment is in dire straits, we should all be environmental, if you aren't you are akin to committing crimes against humanity. isn't it obvious how polluted the world is? isn't it obvious we need to take better care of the planet?

there are people who resent both groups, but they are a very loud minority. the best defense against these fools is to ignore them. they're just mad because they never get laid (unless they pay for it)

You should read the first post. Better yet go to the link on the first post. This thread is about why a very open liberal website had such title and why they were right about it.

awesome31312

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 05:25:18 AM

today i opened it up... FORTY ONE PAGES! almost every post is hundreds of words long! damn people sure  get riled about this stuff!

It's mainly just Wilkinson copy pasting the same crap

Notice how my posts pack more information in less than three sentences

apollofire

Activity: 226
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 11:24:33 AM

Governments definitely hate Environmentalists bez they think they are roadblocks to the development projects. Govts dont want to be answerable to anyone. Deforestation is taking place in the name of development.   

I am still Selling.

Email: thecableguy.livetv@gmail.com
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 02:59:38 PM

today i opened it up... FORTY ONE PAGES! almost every post is hundreds of words long! damn people sure  get riled about this stuff!

It's mainly just Wilkinson copy pasting the same crap

Notice how my posts pack more information in less than three sentences

Grin Cheesy Grin

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
October 10, 2015, 03:01:01 PM

Governments definitely hate Environmentalists bez they think they are roadblocks to the development projects. Govts dont want to be answerable to anyone. Deforestation is taking place in the name of development.   

Who are the true nature lovers?

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 27, 2015, 04:18:59 PM

https://twitter.com/PPact/status/679840181193605121/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 04:38:58 PM

http://www.dailylife.com.au/news-and-views/dl-opinion/why-some-peoples-outrage-over-the-cologne-attacks-is-racist-20160107-gm1ayd.html

salinizm

Activity: 658
Merit: 252

View Profile
January 12, 2016, 05:15:21 PM

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/26/study_everyone_hates_environmentalists_and_feminists_partner/

That’s the conclusion of troubling new research from Canada, which similarly finds support for feminist goals is hampered by a dislike of feminists.

Participants held strongly negative stereotypes about such activists, and those feelings reduced their willingness “to adopt the behaviors that these activities promoted,” reports a research team led by University of Toronto psychologist Nadia Bashir. This surprisingly cruel caricaturing, the researchers conclude, plays “a key role in creating resistance to social change.”

Writing in the European Journal of Social Psychology, Bashir and her colleagues describe a series of studies documenting this dynamic. They began with three pilot studies, which found people hold stereotyped views of environmentalists and feminists.

In one, the participants—228 Americans recruited via Amazon’s Mechanical Turk—described both varieties of activists in “overwhelmingly negative” terms. The most frequently mentioned traits describing “typical feminists” included “man-hating” and “unhygienic;” for “typical environmentalists,” they included “tree-hugger” and “hippie.”

Another study, featuring 17 male and 45 female undergraduates, confirmed the pervasiveness of those stereotypes.

http://youtu.be/G880gxjj9dI

environmentalists and feminists  has negative connotation  on people's mind because of their lunatic behaviours on subjects which they support . that makes them illogical human beings.

▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
JINBI

merges gold’s investment
holding value
with
blockchain technology
[
T H E   G O L D E N   I C O
────────     WHITEPAPER     ────────
]
▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████████████▄▀█▄
▄█▀▄███████ ██ ████████▄▀█▄
█ ███████▄▄ ▌ ▄▄▄ ▀██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ████ ██████ █
█ █████████ ▌ ▄▄▄▄ ▀█████ █
█ █████████ ▌ █████ █████ █
█ █████▄▀▀  ▌ ▀▀▀▀ ▄█████ █
▀█▄▀███████ ██ ████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▀███████████▀▄█▀
▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: