Bitcoin Forum
June 29, 2024, 11:21:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80410 times)
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 07:28:33 AM

Before going off on another tirade of "Y I Haet Mah Govirmint," please explain how governments came to be, if not through people's epic problem-solving skillz.  Be specific.

If people created a wretched abortion by creating Teh Goment, they obviously can't be trusted with open flame or sharp objects, and must be governed.  Q.E.D.

Governments come to be, from an army killing off all the competing lawmakers of the geography.

Now you're just stalling -- how did those "armies killing lawmakers" come to be?  Did people, in all their wisdom, create & become those armies & lawmakers?
'Coz if they did, i wouldn't trust them to wipe their own asses, much less RULE their own dangerous, retarded selves.
These folks obviously need to be taken care of by a fair but firm nanny state, or they'll make moar "armies killing lawmakers." Angry
hawkeye

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 08:02:47 AM

I am trained in gorilla warfare

You like to kill apes?
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 09:06:52 AM

Before going off on another tirade of "Y I Haet Mah Govirmint," please explain how governments came to be, if not through people's epic problem-solving skillz.  Be specific.

If people created a wretched abortion by creating Teh Goment, they obviously can't be trusted with open flame or sharp objects, and must be governed.  Q.E.D.

Governments come to be, from an army killing off all the competing lawmakers of the geography.

Now you're just stalling -- how did those "armies killing lawmakers" come to be?  Did people, in all their wisdom, create & become those armies & lawmakers?
'Coz if they did, i wouldn't trust them to wipe their own asses, much less RULE their own dangerous, retarded selves.
These folks obviously need to be taken care of by a fair but firm nanny state, or they'll make moar "armies killing lawmakers." Angry

Silly questions.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080712113936AAt0UaI

Why do these justifications of yours come down to not trusting people?
I don't hate the government, (even though you think I do) but why do you hate the governed?

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
hawkeye

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 10:18:32 AM

The government is ancient technology devised by primitive people.  It proves today just how inept it is at solving modern problems.  

It's like using a horse and buggy to travel from one place to another.  Yes, it was the way to do things for many centuries but really who does it today, when there are far more efficient means of getting around?

Why stick with ancient technologies that have served their purpose and have no validity in the modern day and age?

And I don't hate the government, the government is not anything, it's just a label, an idea.  But I don't like politicians much.
crumbs

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:30:55 AM

I am trained in gorilla warfare

You like to kill apes?

If you got apes that need killin' Cool  (See: navy seal copypasta)
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:34:18 AM

...Here's a hint on what you were trying to address, but failed as you decided to take a stab at avoidance: Please feel free to attack as best you can environmental controls, regulations, laws, designated wildernesses, and so on.

Once you've done that, we can move forward, rather than engage in this ridiculous conversation where you continually reinforce that you are decidedly not capable of doing what you think you can.
Ad hominum is prima facie losing the argument.

And yes, you are re asserting your desire to shift the goalposts.  They WERE

your ideas....and your beliefs

and now you'd like them to be...

...some group of government policies or regulations which you'd like someone on the internet to "attack".

As previously mentioned I reject the shifting of goalposts.  If you don't like or want the subject of conversation to be you or your beliefs, fine.  
crumbs

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 11:57:04 AM

The government is ancient technology devised by primitive people.  It proves today just how inept it is at solving modern problems.  

It's like using a horse and buggy to travel from one place to another.  Yes, it was the way to do things for many centuries but really who does it today, when there are far more efficient means of getting around?

Why stick with ancient technologies that have served their purpose and have no validity in the modern day and age?

And I don't hate the government, the government is not anything, it's just a label, an idea.  But I don't like politicians much.

Anarchy is a far more ancient technology.  Not having a government was pioneered by elemental particles during the Big Bang, and remains popular throughout Existence-as-we-know-it today, whatever "today" means to Existence-as-we-know-it.

Carbon[-based life in the Solar system was slow to abandon the ancient technology of Anarchy, with isolated members of Earth's species mockingly referred to as "Homo sapiens sapiens" claiming that it remains viable in this modern day and age.

*Dislike politicians if you must, they will continue to love you with unrequited Unconditional Love.  

crumbs

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 12:16:50 PM

Now you're just stalling -- how did those "armies killing lawmakers" come to be?  Did people, in all their wisdom, create & become those armies & lawmakers?

Silly questions.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080712113936AAt0UaI

Why do these justifications of yours come down to not trusting people?
I don't hate the government, (even though you think I do) but why do you hate the governed?

Nonsense.  I love the governed like i would love a retarded sibling.  Try to understand that the helmet i make you wear is for your own good.

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 02:31:51 PM

Now you're just stalling -- how did those "armies killing lawmakers" come to be?  Did people, in all their wisdom, create & become those armies & lawmakers?

Nonsense.  I love the governed like i would love a retarded sibling.  Try to understand that the helmet i make you wear is for your own good.

The problem is not with the things you are saying, whether you believe them or were just getting paid to do them. 

The problem is we hear those exact types of things from the government all the time and are pretty sick of it.
Rassah
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1035

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:15:12 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 03:42:46 PM by Rassah

Huh. So what did we studdy in nature to come up with silicone processors, radios, networks, displays, light sensors, and all that other fancy techy stuff we use in our everyday life? Cause I was under the impression that it mostly had to do with chemistry and physics, not biology or whatever.

I've already been over this. You rudely stated it was elementary. It's in that big post that apparently didn't fully comprehend, though claiming you did. You're blind.

That's not an argument, or a counterpoint. Obviously you did a piss poor job of it, otherwise I wouldn't be asking. And it's rather ironic hearing about rudeness from you of all people. Stop being such as asshole.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:20:16 PM

The most extraordinary claim I've seen so far is Rassah's. So, therefore, please feel free to attack as best you can environmental controls, regulations, laws, designated wildernesses, and so on.

I agree, it is quite extraordinary that we keep pushing to improve our technology and our ability to control our environment. Genetic sequencing technology has improved dramatically in the last 20 years, genetic crop modification has vastly improved,  cloning is continuing to improve, we can grow food and resources much faster in much harsher environments, we can generate power much more efficiently, water purification systems are becoming much cheaper and more efficient, etc etc etc. None of these claims are all that far fetched though.
NewLiberty
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002

Gresham's Lawyer

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:22:53 PM

Nonsense.  I love the governed like i would love a retarded sibling.  Try to understand that the helmet i make you wear is for your own good.

Pardon me, but your misanthropy is showing.
You aren't playing this role of the "liberal elitist", just to discredit the "liberal elite", are you?  Wink

FREE MONEY1 Bitcoin for Silver and Gold NewLibertyDollar.com and now BITCOIN SPECIE (silver 1 ozt) shows value by QR
Bulk premiums as low as .0012 BTC "BETTER, MORE COLLECTIBLE, AND CHEAPER THAN SILVER EAGLES" 1Free of Government
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:25:45 PM

Hasn't worked out well compared to what?   Where can i marvel at the environmental mavericks "Preserving species near extition simply by backing up their DNA for future cloning ... terraforming entire planets, and creating biodomes and sustainable ecosystems, able to keep us and a few other select species alive indefinitely in space"?  

LOL! You never fail to demonstrate your complete lack of vision  Cheesy How about DNA banks set up world-wide that collect and preserve DNA of various species of flora and fauna? The ongoing research and planning in NASA and various universities about the techological requirements we would need to terraform Mars and Venus? (we're damn close to getting Mars figured out, to the point that, if we can survive in Antarctic, which we can, we can survive on Mars) The tons of biodome experiments we have had for decades, and still perform? The huge improvements in hydroponics and other tight-space crop growing experiments? I'm not looking all that far out with the stuff you quoted. It's just a small step from where we are now.

Well said. The garbage that spews from various fantasists in this forum is rather amazing, especially when it is bolstered by others as being informed, effective and practical.

I suggest you let go of that tree you've been hugging for the past 50 years, step out of the forest, shave off that enormous mountain-man beard, and go look at what humans have actually been doing with regards to research and science since 1910.
FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:35:28 PM

...Here's a hint on what you were trying to address, but failed as you decided to take a stab at avoidance: Please feel free to attack as best you can environmental controls, regulations, laws, designated wildernesses, and so on.

Once you've done that, we can move forward, rather than engage in this ridiculous conversation where you continually reinforce that you are decidedly not capable of doing what you think you can.
Ad hominum is prima facie losing the argument.

And yes, you are re asserting your desire to shift the goalposts.  They WERE

your ideas....and your beliefs

and now you'd like them to be...

...some group of government policies or regulations which you'd like someone on the internet to "attack".

As previously mentioned I reject the shifting of goalposts.  If you don't like or want the subject of conversation to be you or your beliefs, fine.  

Please feel free to attack as best you can environmental controls, regulations, laws, designated wildernesses, and so on. If you can't do that, then I'll assume that you can't back up your claims about control. Your avoidance is telling. You're a blowhard, a parrot with no substance.

Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:40:37 PM
Last edit: October 17, 2013, 03:51:14 PM by Rassah

Anarchy is a far more ancient technology.

Anarchy like people are proposing has never existed. We evolved from a tribal/pack species. We always had someone designated a leader, because that was the best way for our species to survive. Eventually those leaders got more and more power, and we ended up with tribal leaders, kings and millitary commanders, then elected representatives and dictators. The idea of everyone being able to make their own decisions, because everyone has access to information, money, production, and defense, has never been attempted before, because it was not possible until quite recently.
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 03:50:22 PM

Please feel free to attack as best you can

environmental controls,

Control, coersion, force, and violence. Evil.

regulations,

laws,

designated wildernesses

I could have also said:

environmental controls,

Ineffective and often counterproductive

regulations,

At the least way too slow to respond, and at worst completely counterproductive, since written by those being regulated

laws,

Easily manipulated and at the whim of bought-and-paid-for politicians

designated wildernesses

Pointless, since land is still leased for mining and drilling. Also ineffective, since controled at the whims of bought-and-paid-for politicians.

However, I like my first answer best, which basically summarizes all your buller points, and you in particular, as "Controlling, coersive, manipulative, and evil."
crumbs

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 03:52:20 PM

Hasn't worked out well compared to what?   Where can i marvel at the environmental mavericks "Preserving species near extition simply by backing up their DNA for future cloning ... terraforming entire planets, and creating biodomes and sustainable ecosystems, able to keep us and a few other select species alive indefinitely in space"?  

LOL! You never fail to demonstrate your complete lack of vision  Cheesy How about DNA banks set up world-wide that collect and preserve DNA of various species of flora and fauna?

Lol, you can collect & preserve DNA all you want -- it's turning that DNA back into things that live & breed that's the tough part.  Jurassic Park much?

The ongoing research and planning in NASA and various universities about the techological requirements we would need to terraform Mars and Venus? (we're damn close to getting Mars figured out, to the point that, if we can survive in Antarctic, which we can, we can survive on Mars) The tons of biodome experiments we have had for decades, and still perform? The huge improvements in hydroponics and other tight-space crop growing experiments? I'm not looking all that far out with the stuff you quoted. It's just a small step from where we are now.

NASA?  The nanny-state sponsored waste of mah tax monyz?!   Not in my rugged individualist thread Angry
That gobmint-subsidized trashtalk might cut it in your podunk cattery, but we got standards here.

Edit:  But hey, you can go and colonize Mars & Venus for me, just be careful of this guy:

FirstAscent

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:01:55 PM

Please feel free to attack as best you can

environmental controls,

regulations,

laws,

designated wildernesses

I could have also said:

environmental controls,

Ineffective and often counterproductive

regulations,

At the least way too slow to respond, and at worst completely counterproductive, since written by those being regulated

laws,

Easily manipulated and at the whim of bought-and-paid-for politicians

designated wildernesses

Pointless, since land is still leased for mining and drilling. Also ineffective, since controled at the whims of bought-and-paid-for politicians.

However, I like my first answer best, which basically summarizes all your buller points, and you in particular, as "Controlling, coersive, manipulative, and evil."

Thank you for demonstrating your ignorance by providing blanket answers with no specifics, and conflated with your immature and simplistic viewpoint.

But don't fret, for according to you, we'll all be as happy as clams living in biospheres on the surface of Ganymede in ten years. What a fucking idiot you are.
crumbs

View Profile
October 17, 2013, 04:03:29 PM

Nonsense.  I love the governed like i would love a retarded sibling.  Try to understand that the helmet i make you wear is for your own good.

Pardon me, but your misanthropy is showing.
You aren't playing this role of the "liberal elitist", just to discredit the "liberal elite", are you?  Wink

Liberal?  When i hear that word, i reach for mah revolver Angry
Rassah
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 17, 2013, 04:26:21 PM

LOL! You never fail to demonstrate your complete lack of vision  Cheesy How about DNA banks set up world-wide that collect and preserve DNA of various species of flora and fauna?

Lol, you can collect & preserve DNA all you want -- it's turning that DNA back into things that live & breed that's the tough part.

You mean, like, with a DNA assembler, which we have had working models of since mid 90's, and which are at the point where we can actually print custom viruses and bacteria? Did you know that some scientist printed DNA to create a bacteria that stores the collected works of Shakespeare in it's DNA, just for the hell of it? Did you know that such devices are becoming so powerful and so cheap that they are now at the top of the list of threats for the NIH, who is worried about people being able to create, hack, and download custom viruses from home, making a viral pandemic something that a high school kid could start? The only final two steps to making growing animals from DNA a reality are perfecting cloning and artificial wombs. We're pretty close on getting those figured out, too.

Keep up with the times dude.

The ongoing research and planning in NASA and various universities about the techological requirements we would need to terraform Mars and Venus? (we're damn close to getting Mars figured out, to the point that, if we can survive in Antarctic, which we can, we can survive on Mars) The tons of biodome experiments we have had for decades, and still perform? The huge improvements in hydroponics and other tight-space crop growing experiments? I'm not looking all that far out with the stuff you quoted. It's just a small step from where we are now.

NASA?  The nanny-state sponsored waste of mah tax monyz?!

I'm sorry, did you have a point?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: