Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:50:23 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80410 times)
bryant.coleman
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 1217

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 05:33:09 PM

lol... this is funny:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/87809/23-ways-feminists-have-made-the-world-better-for-women

#4. They called out rape culture

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 23, 2014, 10:15:58 PM

lol... this is funny:

#4. They called out rape culture

Oh ffs. Yes, this is a positive thing. Yes, women should be able to wear whatever they want, or nothing at all, without people implying that it's their fault if they get raped. Is there really any so-called libertarian who disagrees?

Women with their daughters walking around naked in public while I take their pictures with my google glass then post everything on twitter? Why should anyone be against that? That is the definition of progress   Roll Eyes
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:36:31 AM

These are not real sluts.

Real sluts can't speael their words right.

These are not the sluts you are looking for.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2014, 01:51:44 AM

Women with their daughters walking around naked in public while I take their pictures with my google glass then post everything on twitter? Why should anyone be against that? That is the definition of progress   Roll Eyes

lol.... I am not against public nudity. I am also progressive, as long as all this drama is not funded by the taxpayer money. Perhaps rather than limiting this to the US / EU, these women should spread the message to Africa and the Middle East.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 11:54:01 AM

lol.... I am not against public nudity. I am also progressive, as long as all this drama is not funded by the taxpayer money. Perhaps rather than limiting this to the US / EU, these women should spread the message to Africa and the Middle East.
Ultimately one has to look underneath the surface labels like "feminist" and "environmentalist" to determine if the stated goal sets and action items are simply part of a collectivist agenda, as opposed to a defense and a affirmation of individual rights.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 04:00:24 PM

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 25, 2014, 08:02:31 PM

University to Offer Post-Doc in “Feminist Biology” to Combat Sexism in Science

Janet Hyde, director of the University of Wisconsin campus Center for Research on Gender & Women

The University of Wisconsin – Madison (UW) has announced it will offer a post-doctorate in “feminist biology” because biological science is rife with sexism and must be changed to reflect feminist thinking.

The focus of the program will be to “uncover and reverse gender bias in biology” and to “develop new theory and methods in biology that affect feminist approaches,” according to a news release posted by the college on April 17.

Hyde said such a program is necessary because sexism among male scientists’ sometimes makes them incapable of accurate research.

“All human beings have gender stereotypes in their brain,” she said. “Gender stereotypes are pervasive … people just don’t see things or don’t appreciate them or don’t process them when they don’t conform to stereotype notions,” Hyde told Campus Reform in an interview on Thursday.

The two-year program will focus on conducting scientific research from a feminist viewpoint, Janet Hyde, the director of the Campus Center for Research on Gender and Women, said in an interview with Campus Reform on Thursday.

http://www.campusreform.org/?ID=5571

Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 08:25:11 PM

Two years of bullshit, it's no wonder people my age are coming back home to their parents unable to get a job.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
April 26, 2014, 02:43:03 AM

Two years of bullshit, it's no wonder people my age are coming back home to their parents unable to get a job.

Two years of bullshit, and better it is funded by the tax-payer money.

Have to admit that this is new information to me:

Hyde said such a program is necessary because sexism among male scientists’ sometimes makes them incapable of accurate research.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 12:17:02 AM

Background: The National Women’s History Museum (NWHM) currently exists online “to raise awareness and honor women’s diverse experience and achievements.” For a number of years the museum and its vocal activists have been advocating for a physical location on the National Mall. H.R. 863 would establish a committee to study the creation of that location. The committee would make recommendations on the structure and governance of the site and explore fund-raising options. NWHM alleges that no taxpayer funds would be used to commission or construct the museum. While the idea of honoring the great female leaders of American History is noble and shared by all, many conservatives are concerned about the leftist ideological implications of this legislation.

Lack of Safeguards. While NWHM claims a nonpartisan agenda, there is no mechanism in place to ensure that the museum is not used as a platform to promote liberal propaganda (even if that museum is still in its infancy). The women typically celebrated by federally monitored or federally commissioned institutions are of the “progressive era” or the “sexual liberation movement” (consider particularly the characters and events promulgated by Smithsonian institutions or nationalized educational programs). These figures glorify the elements of women’s history that have furthered disrespect for human life, destruction of the family unit and general harm to the wellbeing of women. As the CEO of the Concerned Women for America said in an open letter to Congress:

To indoctrinate American children, who visit the Nation’s capital, with leftist views is so distasteful that within this climate we respectfully decline our own museum. We would prefer that students visit the other 19 Smithsonian museums and galleries to hear about women’s history than to have one that propagates a false narrative.

Questionable Figures Promoted. A brief survey of NWHM’s website reveals the class of women, and by extension, the types of values, that the proposed museum intends to promote. Women who have celebrated traditional, conservative or family values are outnumbered by those espousing progressive, feminist ideologies. For example, the NWHM would extol Margaret Sanger, founder of Planned Parenthood and a noted advocate of sterilization and eugenics. They reference “free love” enthusiast Victoria Woodhull, who equated marriage with “forced prostitution,” over 20 times. And of course, no tribute to progressivism would be complete without proper deference to Sandra Fluke, anti-life activist and supporter of federally funded contraception. These values are disproportionately reflected in the NWHM agenda, not only doing a disservice to traditional ideals but actively harming the burgeoning value systems of all the young people who will look to the museum as a source of history.

Funding. Supporters of this legislation cling to the point that private funding will be used for every step of implementation. If passed, the Congressional committee would be required to compile a fundraising plan that provides for public contributions, but said plan would never prohibit federal funding. The Smithsonian Institution, for instance, receives 65% of its funding from the government ($805 million in FY2014). In all likelihood, taxpayer dollars will be necessary to sustain an institution that perpetuates a one-sided and damaging narrative about the women’s movement in America.

http://heritageaction.com/2014/04/leftist-feminist-propaganda-national-mall/

counter

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:24:49 AM

I think it is because some people in these groups tend to be rather aggressive when they try to get their point across and it gives others a false impression of the message they're giving people.
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 03:13:39 PM

There Is No Such Thing As Gender…

A radical feminist gender theorist is making the case that transgenderism is a “hugely harmful phenomenon” – but not for the reasons you might expect.

The American Psychiatric Association classifies gender dysphoria – defined as “a marked incongruence between one’s experienced/expressed gender and assigned gender” – as a mental illness, and studies show 41 percent of people who suffer from it will attempt suicide at some point in their lives. Many people who suffer from the disorder have their bodies mutilated by surgeons in an attempt to look more like the opposite sex, and substance abuse and risky behaviors are rampant.

However, in her new book Gender Hurts, Sheila Jeffreys, a professor of sexual politics at the University of Melbourne, argues that transgenderism is damaging not because it is a devastating mental illness – although she admits the condition “is invariably born of severe psychological distress” – but because to acknowledge transgenderism is to admit that such a thing as gender exists in the first place.

Jeffreys finds this concept offensive.

“One of the central problems with transgenderism is that it’s based on the outdated notion of gender,” namely there are only two, male and female, Jeffreys told MedicalXpress. “Without gender, transgenderism could not exist. As such, when transgender rights are inscribed into law and adopted by institutions, they promote ideas harmful to women’s equality.”

“Radical feminism considers gender as a sorting system for male domination, something that provides ‘the bars of the cage’ that imprison women in their daily lives.”

In her book, Jeffries slams “queer theorists” who argue that gender is a state of mind separate from biological sex.

“Postmodern and queer theorists share with transgender theorists the idea that ‘gender’ is a moveable feast that can be moved into and out of, swapped and so forth,” Jeffries writes. “Gender, used in this sense, disappears the fixedness of sex, the biological basis that underlies the relegation of females to their sex caste. Female infants are identified by biology at birth and placed into a female sex caste which apportions them lifelong inferior status.”

http://www.lifesitenews.com/news/australian-gender-theorist-transgenderism-is-hugely-harmful-because-its-not?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LifesitenewscomLatestHeadlines+%28LifeSiteNews.com+Latest+Headlines%29

thok422

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 05:41:10 PM

Though I would toss out something: as a student on a very large college campus, I will admit that opinions of feminists tend to be very negative. Sad to see, but just an observation.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 06:12:07 PM

lol correct points ronimacarroni, I also find it sad that humanities most intelligent people have been reduced to being hand picked for undertaking studies that state the obvious, my personal annoyances with these groups are a bit different from the stereotypical American view because I'm just pointing out their personalities:

. The feminist groups now really are just more sophisticated and manipulative sexists, they don't campaign for equal rights anymore, they just say they do and expect men to go along with everything

Almost every woman I know who is somewhat bright and most who are not are what I would consider feminists.  I think that there are some legitimate concerns that women have when things are looked at statistically.  Further, I don't think we can or should ignore some rather obvious biological difference associated with reproduction so it is not a simple problem of just 'treating people equally'.  As far as I'm concerned, women still have some legitimate gripes.

And, parenthetically, so do racial groups who are demonstrable treated differently under the law in some respect.  Again, when looked at statistically.  Of course the same thing holds for for people of different socio-economic strata and that problem is even more pronounced and getting rapidly worse.

It is true with the women's rights movement as it is with any other movement that there will be fundamentalists and/or general whackos who do more damage than good to a cause.

. Environmentalists could easily get people on their side by being against real problems like chemical/oil spills and nuclear power ( seriously no one who's sane and knowledgeable wants nuclear power, that shit should be encased in concrete, they could get elected just on that ) but they insist on trying to scare us with these frankly unrealistic the world is ending scenarios which just makes them sound like religious nutcases, oh and there's also a more realistic argument for environmentalism where if you put concrete over every bit of land you're going to screw yourselves because you won't be able to grow your own food properly

Same deal about fundamentalists.  They are as prevalent and as damaging in environmentalist circles as they are in the feminist circles.

Of course people who are politically opposed to the general goals of any group, or some derivative or natural correlation of these goals, are going to demonize the entire group base on the behaviors of the fundamentalists.  That's just politics.  The unhappy fact of the matter that even rejecting the fundamentalist for damaging a cause is of only limited usefulness.  This because it is much easier for an adversary to communicate an association than it for one own group to communicate efforts to dis-associate.  Particularly if the target audience has an inherent disposition about a group in the first place (and are retards anyway.)

If we got intelligent people all working on space flight rather than these stupid studies we'd probably be a spacefaring species in just a few years as opposed to being underfunded and having spacecraft that looks like it's made of cardboard and foil.

About 'space flight' we disagree.  It is absurdly wasteful to put the life support systems needed to sustain human life into space.  Even if the human life is expendable it would still be the case.  The cost/benefit simply isn't there from an engineering perspective at this point in our development of technology.  IMO.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
counter

Activity: 798

Time is on our side, yes it is!

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 03:11:17 AM

I think again the issue if very complex and I can't see one group that has all the answers.  People will need to take the best from each argument and implement them to make the necessary changes.
freshprince

Activity: 116
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 09:53:42 AM

"Why don’t people behave in more environmentally friendly ways? New research presents one uncomfortable answer: They don’t want to be associated with environmentalists."

Yeah, it's a huge problem: when you start doing something, for example, to save city's ecology and people hear the word "ecology" they in 95% cases think you're mad activist who gonna handcuff himself to trees or something((
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
May 02, 2014, 10:52:00 AM

About 'space flight' we disagree.  It is absurdly wasteful to put the life support systems needed to sustain human life into space.  Even if the human life is expendable it would still be the case.  The cost/benefit simply isn't there from an engineering perspective at this point in our development of technology.  IMO.

People who say that kind of thing about space flight simply haven't done their research.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/401227.stm

The most detailed study of an asteroid shows that it contains precious metals worth at least $20,000bn

Space flight not worth it? My arse, one space mission to get one of these asteroids could easily pay for several, forget selling them, the materials alone could be used hugely in construction efforts.
Dogtanian

Activity: 756

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 11:14:37 AM

About 'space flight' we disagree.  It is absurdly wasteful to put the life support systems needed to sustain human life into space.  Even if the human life is expendable it would still be the case.  The cost/benefit simply isn't there from an engineering perspective at this point in our development of technology.  IMO.

People who say that kind of thing about space flight simply haven't done their research.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/401227.stm

The most detailed study of an asteroid shows that it contains precious metals worth at least $20,000bn

Space flight not worth it? My arse, one space mission to get one of these asteroids could easily pay for several, forget selling them, the materials alone could be used hugely in construction efforts.

I'm sure the materials on it are worth it but is it technically feasible and cost effective not to mention actually even safe to actually land on an asteroid and mine it? Seems like a momentous task on all fronts.
bryant.coleman
Legendary

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:10:35 PM

No one is going to buy $20 trillion worth of precious metals. So the real value will be much lower. And considering that this asteroid is several light years away, it will take tens of thousands of years to land a space-ship on it. And the mission will probably cost more than $20 trillion.
greatway

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2014, 01:11:52 PM

Asteroid mining maybe coming main stream soon.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: