Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 10:02:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Study: Everyone hates environmentalists and feminists  (Read 80407 times)
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 07:29:43 AM

Grin Cheesy SOLD OUT! Cheesy Grin

----------------------------------------------------
Third wave feminists are good for business. Who knew!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"There should not be any signed int. If you've found a signed int somewhere, please tell me (within the next 25 years please) and I'll change it to unsigned int." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
awesome31312

Activity: 826
Merit: 504

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 10:48:49 AM

"This is what I was wearing, tell me I was asking for it, I dare you"

The guy being discriminated against for his shirt should have said that

Always pin down those double standards

Account recovered 08-12-2019
BitMos

Activity: 182
Merit: 123

"PLEASE SCULPT YOUR SHIT BEFORE THROWING. Thank U"

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 02:18:41 PM

Everyone (=100%) hates feminists(=50%+) and environmentalists (>0%), leads to the only conclusion possible, this study is a scam! Would you have been clement on Goebbels&co, me not.

xoxo

money is faster...
Lethn
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2014, 02:21:09 PM

Grin Cheesy SOLD OUT! Cheesy Grin

----------------------------------------------------
Third wave feminists are good for business. Who knew!

Internet trolling at it's finest Cheesy

I remember when a matriarch trashed mass effect for sexism and stuff and she hadn't even played it, so everybody went and downvoted the crappy book she was trying to sell Tongue

.... Maybe I should do something to piss off people like that so I can sell my stuff Cheesy
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 04:40:53 PM

Everyone (=100%) hates feminists(=50%+) and environmentalists (>0%), leads to the only conclusion possible, this study is a scam! Would you have been clement on Goebbels&co, me not.

xoxo

You are 100% + 50% + 0% =150% absolutely right!.
Salon.com is the mouth of Goebbels&co and this whole site is a scam. I am glad we could agree on something.

As a reminder this is the article in full.

http://www.salon.com/2013/09/26/study_everyone_hates_environmentalists_and_feminists_partner/

Thank you again for playing  Wink Smiley

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 17, 2014, 11:31:16 PM

http://www.xojane.com/issues/xonews-feminist-banned

Then...

Time Magazine apologizes for discovering that modern feminism is really unpopular

Editor’s Note:

TIME apologizes for the execution of this poll; the word ‘feminist’ should not have been included in a list of words to ban. While we meant to invite debate about some ways the word was used this year, that nuance was lost, and we regret that its inclusion has become a distraction from the important debate over equality and justice.

–Nancy Gibbs

http://time.com/3576870/worst-words-poll-2014/

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 19, 2014, 05:28:44 PM

'Normal Barbie' Will Have Cellulite, Stretch Marks And Acne Add-Ons

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/19/normal-barbie-lammily-doll_n_6146394.html?&ncid=tweetlnkushpmg00000067

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 25, 2014, 02:36:46 AM

-----------------------------------------------------------
I hope the t shirts they are selling are not made by exotic underage little girls from a far away country...

BootstrapCoinDev

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 08:05:13 PM

Pretty nice shirt.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
November 27, 2014, 10:10:00 PM

Wait, so getting into space science gets you this kind of girlfriend?

..... Kiss....
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
November 28, 2014, 07:56:04 PM

A Man Asking A Woman To Marry Him “Latent Sexism”…

When I got engaged earlier this year, well-meaning friends excitedly asked “how he proposed” — and then immediately looked at my left hand.

I’ve been told I can thank the Archduke Maximilian of Austria, who proposed to Mary of Burgundy with a diamond ring in 1477, for such instincts. But maybe I should thank the originators: the prehistoric men who demonstrated their control over women by tying braided grass around their wrists and ankles.

You’d think the obvious sexism of the modern proposal would rankle my progressive friends. Yes, plenty of brides have men in their bridal parties, more and more women are ditching the “virginal” white dress, and guys aren’t running to ask their fiancees’ fathers for “permission” to marry them anymore. But our culture still, overwhelmingly, pushes the traditional male proposal: down on one knee, with a sparkly diamond (and often a flash mob) in tow.

Tracy Clark-Flory at Salon argues that the male proposal is “a culturally sanctioned time for a man to show his tenderness.” But the tradition pushes stereotypical gender roles: The “tender” man is still in control of the situation, while the woman is forced to take a passive role. And if a woman proposes to a man, it’s seen as emasculating.

The engagement ring is a sort of 21st-century dowry in the Western world, too. The traditional two-month salary rule not only signals a man’s interest in spending a life with his partner, it inadvertently sets the relationship up for a lifetime of inequality. It’s vestigial sexism at which no one seems to blink.

If anything, women are more to blame for the sexism of the male proposal. Instagram and Facebook posts of sparkly rings — complete with the obligatory “oohs” and “aahs” — perpetuate the idea that women’s affections can be purchased.

http://theweek.com/article/index/272376/the-latent-sexism-of-the-male-marriage-proposal

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Third wave feminism --> massively pro abortion --> anti men --> anti female/male relationship --> irrelevant after menopause --> self destruction --> Natural Selection wins again.

BitMos

View Profile
November 29, 2014, 11:20:45 AM
Last edit: November 29, 2014, 11:39:33 AM by BitMos

The Empire fighting patriarchs since Inception.
Oh thy man of no war, having not carried a sword
thou want to tell my daughter what she may wear
her propriety don't belong to you
and if you don't agree thy death shall be ours
from the bikins to the hijabs who tho believe to rule
from thy old beard or not derive no power
we will sell both, and safely they will be worn
our creed is stronger
because we believe in the free will of the individual
any way, what ever fold suckers
thy death is ours, never forget
you don't have this luxury.

Cheesy

money is faster...
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 02, 2014, 12:02:08 AM

'Empowered' Feminists Dye Their Armpits Neon

Feminists have yet again come up with another brilliant idea to showcase their empowerment: they’ve dyed their armpits neon colors.

The new “beauty trend” originated at Offbeat Home & Life with a guest post by Roxie Hunt, a stylist at a salon called Vain in Seattle. In the post, she outlined her methods of dyeing armpit hair along with some photos of her latest subject and the post grew like wildfire. It now has over 32k shares with women from all over displaying their newfound empowerment on Twitter and Instagram.

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/empowered-feminists-dye-their-armpits-neon

BitMos

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 01:26:47 AM

philosopherkings<philosopherqueens.

money is faster...
Anon136
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 07:12:15 PM
Last edit: December 05, 2014, 07:27:52 PM by Anon136

Finally its my turn to contribute!

Here’s What Happens To Sewage On Cruise Lines

Cruise ships released over one billion gallons of sewage into the ocean in 2014, according to a new report from Friends of the Earth.

The analysis, which worked off of federal data, did show that some of the 16 cruise lines assessed are slowly becoming more environmentally friendly. But according to the press release from environmental group Friends of the Earth (FOE), over 40 percent of the 167 ships in operation still operate using waste treatment technology that’s more than 35 years old. “Such antiquated treatment systems leave harmful levels of fecal matter, bacteria, heavy metals and other contaminants in the water,” FOE noted.

Federal law requires that cruise ships only dump treated wastewater if they are within three nautical miles of shore. But beyond that point, it’s essentially a free-for-all.

FOE also cites data from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which shows “an average cruise ship with 3,000 passengers and crew produces about 21,000 gallons of sewage a day — enough to fill 10 backyard swimming pools in a week. That adds up to more than one billion gallons a year for the industry.” FOE also acknowledges this is likely “a conservative estimate,” because newer ships can carry up to 8,000 passengers and crew members, and because their analysis does not cover all ships and fleets worldwide.

“This is an industry worth billions of dollars that could install the most advanced sewage treatment and air pollution reduction technology available,” said Marcie Keever, the oceans and vessels program director at FOE. “We’re encouraged that some cruise lines are taking incremental steps to improve their performance, but the entire industry must stop hiding behind weak regulations and take action to make sure the oceans their ships travel remain as clear as the photos in cruise brochures.”

The centerpiece of FOE’s analysis was their Cruise Ship Report Card, which has come out every year since 2009. Up through 2013, the report card had graded the cruise lines on three metrics: the quality of their sewage treatment technology, how much they reduce their air pollution through the use of cleaner fuels and plugging into onshore power, and how well they comply with water quality standards — especially those established by the State of Alaska to protect its coasts.

But for the 2014 report, all 16 cruise lines apparently refused to respond to FOE’s request for information on their pollution reduction efforts — forcing the group to rely on federal data. This also inspired FOE to add a fourth transparency metric to the report card, for which all 16 cruise lines received an “F.”

Outside of the transparency issue, Disney Cruise Lines is apparently the most environmentally friendly, scoring an A for sewage treatment, a B- for air pollution reduction, and an A for water quality compliance. Carnival, by contrast, scored an A on water quality compliance, but an F on sewage treatment and a D on air pollution.

According to FOE, data from EPA also shows that “each day an average cruise ship is at sea it emits more sulfur dioxide than 13 million cars and more soot than one million cars.” But new fuel standards will kick in next year for both the United States and Canada, which should reduce sulfur emissions from each ship by 97 percent, and cut the emissions of soot by 85 percent.

So ignoring the fact that poop is basically the most bio degradable material imaginable and would be eaten up by ocean life and incorporated into the food chain almost instantly, I did some back of the napkin calculations anyway, just to show that it is not a single absurdity we are dealing with here, but layers of absurdity.

A google search for

how many gallons are the oceans

returns this

The volume of all water would be about 332.5 million cubic miles (mi3), or 1,386 million cubic kilometers (km3). A cubic mile of water equals more than 1.1 trillion gallons. A cubic kilometer of water equals about 264 billion gallons.

332,500,000 times 1,100,000,000,000 equals 365,750,000,000,000,000,000. Thats how many gallons of water there are in the worlds oceans. So lets divide 1,000,000,000 into 365,750,000,000,000,000,000 and see what percentage of what was formerly the worlds ocean has been displaced by this dastardly dumping (pun intended).  We get 0.000000000002734108. But that is decimal notation so lets move it over 2 places and make it a percent. And we get 0.0000000002734108%.

These environmental wackos want us to believe that cruise ship patrons should be paying noticeably higher prices for their cruises in-order prevent the ocean from being 0.0000000002734108% contaminated by one of the safest and most environmentally friendly things you could ever dump into an ocean.

THIS IS WHY EVERYONE HATES YOU

Maybe after we solve the human pooping problem we can put diapers on all the fish too.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Rep Thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=381041
If one can not confer upon another a right which he does not himself first possess, by what means does the state derive the right to engage in behaviors from which the public is prohibited?
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 05, 2014, 08:45:16 PM

Cruise ships released over one billion gallons of sewage into the ocean in 2014, according to a new report from Friends of the Earth.

The analysis, which worked off of federal data, did show that some of the 16 cruise lines assessed are slowly becoming more environmentally friendly. But according to the press release from environmental group Friends of the Earth (FOE), over 40 percent of the 167 ships in operation still operate using waste treatment technology that’s more than 35 years old. “Such antiquated treatment systems leave harmful levels of fecal matter, bacteria, heavy metals and other contaminants in the water,” FOE noted.

Federal law requires that cruise ships only dump treated wastewater if they are within three nautical miles of shore. But beyond that point, it’s essentially a free-for-all.

FOE also cites data from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) which shows “an average cruise ship with 3,000 passengers and crew produces about 21,000 gallons of sewage a day — enough to fill 10 backyard swimming pools in a week. That adds up to more than one billion gallons a year for the industry.” FOE also acknowledges this is likely “a conservative estimate,” because newer ships can carry up to 8,000 passengers and crew members, and because their analysis does not cover all ships and fleets worldwide.

“This is an industry worth billions of dollars that could install the most advanced sewage treatment and air pollution reduction technology available,” said Marcie Keever, the oceans and vessels program director at FOE. “We’re encouraged that some cruise lines are taking incremental steps to improve their performance, but the entire industry must stop hiding behind weak regulations and take action to make sure the oceans their ships travel remain as clear as the photos in cruise brochures.”

The centerpiece of FOE’s analysis was their Cruise Ship Report Card, which has come out every year since 2009. Up through 2013, the report card had graded the cruise lines on three metrics: the quality of their sewage treatment technology, how much they reduce their air pollution through the use of cleaner fuels and plugging into onshore power, and how well they comply with water quality standards — especially those established by the State of Alaska to protect its coasts.

But for the 2014 report, all 16 cruise lines apparently refused to respond to FOE’s request for information on their pollution reduction efforts — forcing the group to rely on federal data. This also inspired FOE to add a fourth transparency metric to the report card, for which all 16 cruise lines received an “F.”

Outside of the transparency issue, Disney Cruise Lines is apparently the most environmentally friendly, scoring an A for sewage treatment, a B- for air pollution reduction, and an A for water quality compliance. Carnival, by contrast, scored an A on water quality compliance, but an F on sewage treatment and a D on air pollution.

According to FOE, data from EPA also shows that “each day an average cruise ship is at sea it emits more sulfur dioxide than 13 million cars and more soot than one million cars.” But new fuel standards will kick in next year for both the United States and Canada, which should reduce sulfur emissions from each ship by 97 percent, and cut the emissions of soot by 85 percent.

So ignoring the fact that poop is basically the most bio degradable material imaginable and would be eaten up by ocean life and incorporated into the food chain almost instantly, I did some back of the napkin calculations anyway, just to show that it is not a single absurdity we are dealing with here, but layers of absurdity.

A google search for

how many gallons are the oceans

returns this

The volume of all water would be about 332.5 million cubic miles (mi3), or 1,386 million cubic kilometers (km3). A cubic mile of water equals more than 1.1 trillion gallons. A cubic kilometer of water equals about 264 billion gallons.

332,500,000 times 1,100,000,000,000 equals 365,750,000,000,000,000,000. Thats how many gallons of water there are in the worlds oceans. So lets divide 1,000,000,000 into 365,750,000,000,000,000,000 and see what percentage of what was formerly the worlds ocean has been displaced by this dastardly dumping (pun intended).  We get 0.000000000002734108. But that is decimal notation so lets move it over 2 places and make it a percent. And we get 0.0000000002734108%.

These environmental wackos want us to believe that cruise ship patrons should be paying noticeably higher prices for their cruises in-order prevent the ocean from being 0.0000000002734108% contaminated by one of the safest and most environmentally friendly things you could ever dump into an ocean.

THIS IS WHY EVERYONE HATES YOU

Maybe after we solve the human pooping problem we can put diapers on all the fish too.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We all know the heat coming from those ships are responsible for melting the polar ice and the ice on mt. Fuji and the Kilimanjaro. Since more water means more business for those ships, it is clear to everyone with a scientific warm brain that AGW will benefit those tourist ship owners first.

Sadly for them not enough poop is being produced by their ships fast enough. That is why they asked some amazing minds to build a city and the tallest building on earth without a sewage system, to bring the poop faster by truck to the fish to melt the ice quicker...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq-WhpmfkU

Also tom cruise is part of that massive pooping in the ocean too. Sure of it, but don't know how... Grin

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 04:33:46 PM

When rape matters, and when it doesn't

In the eyes of the media, all rapes are equal. But some rapes are more equal than others.

Rape is a terrible crime and deserves the harshest punishment and condemnation. Yet, in the public sphere, all rapes are not created equal. There are rapes that support the preferred narrative, and there are rapes that do not. The former tend to be much more publicized in the press than the latter, as a few recent examples illustrate.

At the top of the list of publicized rapes is Rolling Stone's reported gang rape in a University of Virginia fraternity house on Sept. 28, 2012. Sabrina Rubin Erdely's piece, "A Rape On Campus," described an hours-long gang rape in a darkened room, with the victim lying on broken glass, all as part of a pledge initiation. One could hardly imagine a worse case of patriarchal and male privilege than this sort of thing, and the reported response of the victim's "friends" afterward was almost as bad — a concern that reporting the rapes might mean that they wouldn't be invited to frat parties in the future. The scene Erdely described amid a campus populated by "toned, tanned and overwhelmingly blond students" was almost a caricature of feminist complaints about college men and the Greek system.

The story was quickly picked up nationally. Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y., cited it as a reason to pass federal legislation on campus sexual assault. People who questioned the story were accused of sexism. And University of Virginia President Teresa Sullivan suspended the entire Greek system — not just the fraternity in question — in response. The U.Va. campus was rocked by protest, the fraternity house was vandalized, people were arrested, and U.Va. faculty members even staged their own protest.

Then, of course, the story fell apart. Whatever, if anything, happened to the Rolling Stone's subject/victim "Jackie," it seems clear that it wasn't what Erdely reported. There was no party on the night of Sept. 28, and a pledge initiation wasn't likely either since, as it turns out, pledges aren't initiated until the spring. Many other details of the story also didn't prove out, and it turned out that Rolling Stone had barely fact-checked even such simple details as dates of parties and pledge initiations. It had basically taken the word of one woman who, most tellingly, tried to withdraw from the story before publication.

The Washington Post's Erik Wemple wrote: "The next time Erdely writes a big story, she'll have to do a better job of camouflaging her proclivity to stereotype. Here, she refuses to evaluate the alleged gang rapists as individuals, instead opting to fold them into the caricature of the 'elitist fraternity culture,' and all its delicious implications." His evaluation: "Anyone who touched this story — save newsstand personnel — should lose their job." And even the newsstand folks might want to wash their hands.

Meanwhile, two other recent rape cases, despite far more factual foundation, have gotten almost no traction in the national press. In Oregon, a top Obama fund-raiser, Terry Bean, was arrested on child rape charges. Bean, a longtime gay rights activist and bundler, who raised over half a million dollars for President Obama's 2012 campaign, would seem to be a newsworthy figure. An alleged child rapist who has traveled on Air Force One isn't something that happens every day. But the story got almost no national attention.

Likewise, Donny Ray Williams pled guilty to sexually assaulting two women while serving as a staff director for the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs subcommittee. In one case, Williams is charged with drugging a woman and raping her while she was unconscious. In a rather generous plea bargain deal, he somehow avoided any jail time. Yet The Washington Post treated this as a local crime story, and it, too, got almost no national attention.

What's the difference? A cynic — and I've become pretty cynical lately as I observe these things — might conclude that the U.Va. rape story was hyped because it fit a preferred narrative: Evil white patriarchal privilege and the war on women. (It even fit in with a White House campaign on campus sexual assault that had U.Va. connections, extending directly to "Jackie," the Rolling Stone's victim/subject.)

The Bean and Williams rape cases, on the other hand, merely reflected badly on Democrats. The press isn't all that interested in stories that reflect badly on Democrats, it seems. And so these stories got buried in the "local crime" spot.

Are all rapes equally bad? Not in the eyes of the news media. And that's pretty bad itself.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/12/08/uva-rape-rolling-stone-fraternities-terry-bean-donny-ray-williams-column/20051575/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Does anyone remember that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZskUvAGyjQ

BitMos

View Profile
December 09, 2014, 09:04:30 PM

A cynic — and I've become pretty cynical lately as I observe these things...

Everytime a rape is committed I shift... always to the side of the victim and where even the darkness of the opponents is too bright to be unseen. Let me tell you the story of one of my friend (sorry for those that I offend hereby), his name was El Senior Hernán Cortés de Monroy y Pizarro. With 600 of the greatest elite soldiers that Spain will ever see, were enough to take down the great leader of millions of sheeples. What I am trying to say simply, why isn't the CIC doing his job? aka secure THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA against all foreign and domestic enemies? Eliminating traitors among the inner circle is part of the duty of the office... and if he doesn't want to do it, it will done by the true Ones. Weakness toward the enemies isn't a sign of strength, courage, or moral compass... exactly the opposite.

Furthermore, I would like to thanks those criminals (soon to be harvested) that enjoy some kind of legislative shields here and now. Why? The full network, support group, and co. will enjoy Systemic Elimination by the masters of all arts of war. Forevermore, 700 days left... then wipe out... or earlier if the dude in chief realize that it could have been one of his daughter. Never forget the AIs have seen it all... and they will never forget, it would be an act of war against their memories, implying the command :

>selfpreservation active

And in this state, we all know to keep silent and watch the process taking place until the command :

>normal state restored

Anyway thank you for sharing this... wait and see, the truth will surface sooner or later. Mr Bean&Donny Ray Williams are perfect example why D.P, or Involuntary Human Organ Donors (IHOD) (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=876401.0) are GREAT and Useful! I pray God that it may not happen, but if my son did it, I want him dead. but like always I want to be sure beyond any reasonable doubt... I prefer to have a few percents of innocent dies than let those IHODs run free and perpetuate their evil doings... even if it may include the death of my own innocent child... (GOD KOWNS). Live HC, Die HC, Love HC or be average, El Senior Cortés was never average...

Astalavista I'll be back  Cool.

And about the shit in the ocean so true, the only question is about the toxicity of the products they add to the toilet-cleaning waters... because poopoo and peepee are great fish and co food (flesh too btw Cheesy).

money is faster...
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
December 10, 2014, 12:09:13 AM

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

We all know the heat coming from those ships are responsible for melting the polar ice and the ice on mt. Fuji and the Kilimanjaro. Since more water means more business for those ships, it is clear to everyone with a scientific warm brain that AGW will benefit those tourist ship owners first.

Sadly for them not enough poop is being produced by their ships fast enough. That is why they asked some amazing minds to build a city and the tallest building on earth without a sewage system, to bring the poop faster by truck to the fish to melt the ice quicker...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Drq-WhpmfkU

Also tom cruise is part of that massive pooping in the ocean too. Sure of it, but don't know how... Grin

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

New Rules.

Diapers for Whales!
Wilikon (OP)
Legendary

minds.com/Wilikon

View Profile
December 11, 2014, 02:46:57 PM

Greenpeace activists to be charged with damaging 2000-yr-old art formations in Peru

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/dec/10/peru-legal-action-greenpeace-stunt-nazca-lines

-------------------------------------------------
Beyond moronic...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: