Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:36:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Does merit really helping the forum.  (Read 1344 times)
fokinlipat

Activity: 187
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:19:35 PM

I don't think merit is the best way.

You just left us thinking about what is the best way then. Would you care to add that best way here so that the admin can fulfill your order. Smiley
If you do not know, admin created a thread before introducing the merit system asking members about how to improve post quality on this forum. I am sure you forgot to mention your best way there. Smiley

Yes, merit has a good effect in this forum.
I can say that Merit System is successful, but i think this system can still be improve to be fair for all.

Another post with the same issue. We cannot read minds and thus you need to mention those improvements and one suggestion before you do so. Kindly add your feedback on the merit system on the official thread. I am sure that if the admin is planning more changes, he will go through the responses there.
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
lili song

Activity: 980
Merit: 509

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:10:12 PM

Merit system will help people to make a good quality post and make a challenge to level up. For me merit system is good.
We can improved our self to make good post and be useful, meaningful post for people. Must work hard to get merit and has minimum merit for level up.
tientrong94

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:26:52 PM

It is almost a month the new system of merit has been implement to the forum. What is your opinion? It is really working as it was expected? What is you opinion?
I think it has 2 things:
1. it's good for all of us to have more and more high quality topic and post. And it's good for anyone who has high rank from last year and don't need to try reach higher rank.
2. it's hard for newbie to reach high rank because they see it too far and long. Think about that, if you post a good post or high quality comment but no one give you merit how can you become higher rank? I see many people who has good post but has no merit.
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:08:22 PM

Actually aside from avoiding to ranked up the shitposters and improving the quality of users posts, merit had no help to the forum. Because thru this merit many peoples or users trigger to make a cheat, some of them are trying to make an easy way to get and achieve the numbers of merit required to ranked up. Not like before that even you post or not after 14 days your activity will increase so you are possible to ranked up so fast. Honestly until now I can't get the point of merit system why they need to earned it before ranked up.

I think it's better if the Moderators, DT's or the manager of the campaigned give that merits, because they are the people who knows the real quality of post. Merit is only favorable the highest ranked, because they can't need to gained it again. Not like small ranked that they need to work too much hard to earn 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 merits at a time.
jakeshadows27

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 08:32:54 PM

For newbie is merit system is garbage because they thinking is just a difficulty in there account to make rank up  this  forum help user to make good quality post why they make account here if just can follow the rules guys all forum has own system just follow and no problem just think if there no system there no unity all post here is like garbage dont make complain just enjoy posting here and you will get merit someday

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
TheUltraElite
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1221

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2018, 02:08:37 PM
Merited by TMAN (1)

Merit system will help people to make a good quality post and make a challenge to level up. For me merit system is good.
We can improved our self to make good post and be useful, meaningful post for people. Must work hard to get merit and has minimum merit for level up.

What exactly do you mean by the above post? Asslicking the merit system will not gain you any merits per se. Rather its going to mark you as a potential source of pseudo-merit begging. A term I cam up with while dealing with the gangs of shitposters in this forum.

They think saying good about the merit system will allow them to gain some merits from some kind-hearted soul. Let me make it clear the Merit sources know to differentiate between a passive-begging of merit and a meritable post.

Hard work has nothing to do with merit. It is about quality of the content and not only about quantity of content.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:49:44 PM

Of course, merit is very helpful in this forum. Because of the Merit, all of the members became careful and much constructive to what he/she want to comment. Merit gives more quality post from participants/members.
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 02:54:59 PM

Of course, merit is very helpful in this forum. Because of the Merit, all of the members became careful and much constructive to what he/she want to comment. Merit gives more quality post from participants/members.

Not all actually. Just most of the members are trying to improve their posts while there are some that do not really care since they are still earning money either they improve their posts or not.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
█████    ███████    █████
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
King_G_

Activity: 67
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 03:00:19 PM

Merit has done a important role in making the users of this forum more constructive and detailed.
People who used to post irrelevant or useless replies are now forced to make constructive posts. This has helped the forum a lot since only good posts are seen now.
But  I think that this merit system also has some drawbacks , because people like me or other jr.members and members don't get much merits . And people who have sMerits give it to higher positioned users to get their help in campaigns and only for their benefits.  It's very rare for us to get merits even though we make constructive posts.
I think the forum moderators should think about this matter.
tekusa

Activity: 56
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 04:44:11 PM

Merit has done a important role in making the users of this forum more constructive and detailed.
People who used to post irrelevant or useless replies are now forced to make constructive posts. This has helped the forum a lot since only good posts are seen now.
But  I think that this merit system also has some drawbacks , because people like me or other jr.members and members don't get much merits . And people who have sMerits give it to higher positioned users to get their help in campaigns and only for their benefits.  It's very rare for us to get merits even though we make constructive posts.
I think the forum moderators should think about this matter.

If you really want a moderator to consider your suggestion, you should give it in the official thread. I am sure that the moderators are not going to check these countless threads in meat section about merit system and then read all the replies made here.

I remember that admin even asked for suggestions before introducing the merit system. It would have been better if the members who are complaining now gave their suggestions at that time so that this situation could be avoided.
@rt27

Activity: 227
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:03:51 PM

My answer absolutely 50/50.
Partly yes and partly no.

Simply because it was only one month passed.
CARrency

Activity: 546
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:42:37 PM

My answer absolutely 50/50.
Partly yes and partly no.

Simply because it was only one month passed.

I think it is more than 50-50. It is more close to 70-30 since there is a lot of members that is trying to improve their posts and giving their best to contribute in this forum. I just also hope that the complaints to the new system will also decrease.

▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄████████████ ▀███████▄
▄█████████████   ▀██████▄
▄█████████ ▀████▄   ▀█████▄
██████████  ██████▄   █████
█████ ▀████▄ ▀██████▄ █████
█████   ▀████▄ ▀ ██████████
▀█████▄   ▀████▄ █████████▀
▀██████▄   █████████████▀
▀███████▄ ████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
Emporium.
Finance
Decentralized Peer-to-Peer
Marketplace and DeFi
Liquidity Mining Platform
▄▄█▀▀██▀██▀▄▄
▄███▀██▀▀▀▀▀ ▄▄   
 ▀          ▄█▀▄█▄     
▄▄▄▄▄        ▀   ▀██▄███▄
▄██████▄          ▄▄██████▄
███████▌       ▄███████████
█████████▄  ▀█▄████████████
███████████▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀████████
▀█████████████▀     ▀▀████▀
▀████████████▄        ██▀
▀████████████▌    ▄▄██▀
▀██████████▌  ▄███▀
▀▀██████ ▄█▀▀
Available
in +125
Countries
▄███▄
█████
▀███▀
▄▄▄     ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄
▄███▄               ▄███▄
███████     ███     ███████
███████ ██▄█████▄██ ███████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ███▀ ▀███  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███▄ ▄███
██▀█████▀██
███
Community
Governance
System
▄▄██████▄▄ ▄▀▄
      ▀▀▀ ▄██▄
          ▀██ ▄██▄       ▄█
        ▄██   ▀▀███▄   ▄███
       ▄██        ▀█▄   ███
      ▄██           ▀  ▄███
     ▄██        ▄▄     ▀███
    ▄██        ██▀      ███
   ▄██                ▄████
  ▄██         ▄█████████▄ █
  ▀▀      ▄▄▄█████ █▀  ████
      ▄▄██▀▀██▀  ███▄  ▄███
    ▄██████████████████████
Liquidity
Mining
Platform
JOIN NOW
anjaydut

Activity: 140
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 05:56:15 PM

which you mentioned, is the positive side of the merit system.
but you did not mention the negative side of the merit system, I read a lot of good posts that are ignored and do not get any merit. frankly i hate merit system. because it impedes me to increase rank

seven2smoke1

Activity: 532
Merit: 132

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:01:51 PM

I agree, Merit system is an awesome way to improve the forums from shit posters. A lot of members, to not say all of them try hardly to improve their quality posts to get some merit points as it is required for ranking up. I think more than 60% of shitposters improve their posts due to the system, especially low ranks members. I think theymos choose the right system to improve this forum, he is very clever.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:09:09 PM

It is almost a month the new system of merit has been implement to the forum. What is your opinion? It is really working as it was expected? What is you opinion?
The new merit system are for spammer that already spread in the forum. Because of account farming, they are really prevented to gain more ranks. This system would make the post quality improve specially for the lower ranks & newbies. Hope after a few months, the thread will be more clean out of them

devormity

Activity: 83
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 11:22:16 PM

The merit system is very effective and what to expect, first to reduce spammers and improve the quality of the topic every day and be increasingly critical, great for improving the quality of work and especially the quality of the forum.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 12:59:16 AM

The new merit system are for spammer that already spread in the forum. Because of account farming, they are really prevented to gain more ranks. This system would make the post quality improve specially for the lower ranks & newbies. Hope after a few months, the thread will be more clean out of them

A lot of people created threads about the Merits System lately, and most of them are roasting the System, saying the same thing about 'its so hard to rank up now because of the Merit System, what can we do to improve our then, its impossible'.

TBH, it annoys me, the system is still new and open for changes, don't they know the word patience? Give it some time I say.

which you mentioned, is the positive side of the merit system.
but you did not mention the negative side of the merit system, I read a lot of good posts that are ignored and do not get any merit. frankly i hate merit system. because it impedes me to increase rank

Don't hate the Merit System, from what I can see you got potential on getting merits now. Just improve a little more on your technicalities and punctuation of your statements, you should be good to go.

The System is not absolute, sure it does have negative effects, well at least for now.

I think more than 60% of shitposters improve their posts due to the system, especially low ranks members. I think theymos choose the right system to improve this forum, he is very clever.

Do you have raw data to support your claim? I mean 60% is a lot, and for what I see, there are few 'members' from newbie rank~member rank that still the same old spamming and shit posting.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
forbiddenone123

Activity: 174
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:40:00 AM

With the merit system is implemented on this forum it is a big challenges to us to rank up but still it is every effective to the good poster and hunt some spammer who will do shitpost. I think many user are still shitposter and they need to improve their post to rank up.

fxstrike

Activity: 238
Merit: 40

First Payment Gateway using GoldBacked cryptocurre

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:25:21 AM

Why not put account that opened for bounties access limit to alternative cryptocurrencies only, because that is what required to earn rewards in most campaign anyway, and use this merit system to control their posting quality there.

Just put button on member profile page asking if the account is for bounty hunting purpose and set their account access accordingly, once this is up we should report any account promoting program out of alternate cryptocurrencies and set their account to bounty hunter.

Account that are not created for bounty or as some of us put it "learning" just go as normal using the old system.

athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:57:09 AM

zeref dragneel will never earn merit.  Ever.  I just left a neutral "shitposter" tag on his profile as well.  This supports my thesis that shitposters have no clue how bad their posts are, nor why they're not getting merits.  And dragboob here is getting put on ignore, which I would advise everyone to do.

I am curious by this, do you watch anime @The Pharmacist ? His name comes from anime called fairy tail and it is about magic, dragon ,and boob, so dragboob is kinda a good word to refer to this member  Grin
And i am totally agree that some people doesnt have a clue about the quality of their posts and sometimes they are over confidence, well maybe because they dont learn enough because they are too busy to earn. Even some of higher rank doesnt have enough confidence to says " my post is good but i dont get merits". This kind of overconfidence newbie really deserves an ignore.

Why not put account that opened for bounties access limit to alternative cryptocurrencies only, because that is what required to earn rewards in most campaign anyway, and use this merit system to control their posting quality there.

Just put button on member profile page asking if the account is for bounty hunting purpose and set their account access accordingly, once this is up we should report any account promoting program out of alternate cryptocurrencies and set their account to bounty hunter.

Account that are not created for bounty or as some of us put it "learning" just go as normal using the old system.

Once again, this is not a forum to earn money, it is for a bitcoin lover and other crypto enthusiast to engage and do something good for the community. Making a criteria like that will encourage people to earn money only without engaging to each other, without learning process, etc. And who would merit them if they all dont give a contribution (high quality posts etc) to this forum and can only join into single board? The best chance they have will be the higher ranks that do bounty too and the chance there will be a lot of merit farming will be higher.

So from me, merit is working, not perfect, but merit doing a great job in this first month, i hope it will have a greater impact from this moment.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: