Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 06:42:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: KNC, 100% of their hashing is currently going into their own pocket.  (Read 10793 times)
shapemaker

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

I run Linux on my abacus.

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:50:46 PM

Gmaxwell is right.

Likely not going to happen but it would be nice of them to do testing in the testnet.

He's right, and wrong, at the same time. A real heisen-comment Tongue

See, there's a large difference between a proof of a single working machine for all to see, and mining months and months with customer machines (Avalon), and flat out lying about shipping times, delays, inventory, really about everything (BFL).

gmaxwell is just nitpicking here. He should know better.

Shut up and give me money: 115UAYWLPTcRQ2hrT7VNo84SSFE5nT5ozo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:51:03 PM

yeah, just stop ordering asics and stop making the asics manufacturers richer.

network is safe enough.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:53:08 PM

network is safe enough.
AND I AM QUITE HAPPY WITH MY SHARE OF IT NOT BEING DILUTED.

FTFY

DPoS

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:54:52 PM

network is safe enough.

FTFY

That's the agenda behind 88% of the posts on this forum

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
johnyj
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1012

Beyond Imagination

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:55:16 PM

OP bored ?  Grin

Being my highly respected dev, I really think you should not bother with all the messes in the custom hardware wild west

RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:55:37 PM

I find is strange that Moderators like gmaxwell are taking this path. I thought this forum was neutral to everything and let user decide for themselves. What do you have to win here by doing this? There must be something since you didn't said anything about Avalon mining with customers units and maybe BFL.

erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:56:10 PM

I guess I feel a bit left out of all the trolling—

KNC is now mining on their hardware, while customers wait for it to ship:

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo

This is, as far as I know, 100% of the KNC hashrate in existence. Pedantically speaking, it means that KNC is violating their 5% commitment.

Testing doesn't involve using the production network. Production mining is unlikely to test finding blocks— whereas testnet, or replays of past found blocks are more complete tests.  Mining on the mainnet increases the difficulty and takes income from customers who are waiting on units that will be late.  Every bit of earlier mining is worth large amounts of future mining due to expected growth.

I do not understand why miners keep funding mining hardware companies that mine in competition with their own customers.

I gave you a negative trust rating because of this horseshit FUD.
Worst faggy waste of forum resources that I have seen today.
From a frikkin moderator in this very subforum, no less.

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
FUKT

Activity: 446

View Profile
September 30, 2013, 11:58:01 PM

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/17Czc8RVL3FU5T2MLx2zLbRnpfBNgH9vFo

This is, as far as I know, 100% of the KNC hashrate in existence. Pedantically speaking, it means that KNC is violating their 5% commitment.

Testing doesn't involve using the production network. Production mining is unlikely to test finding blocks— whereas testnet, or replays of past found blocks are more complete tests.  Mining on the mainnet increases the difficulty and takes income from customers who are waiting on units that will be late.  Every bit of earlier mining is worth large amounts of future mining due to expected growth.

I do not understand why miners keep funding mining hardware companies that mine in competition with their own customers.

+1
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:02:27 AM

network is safe enough.

FTFY

That's the agenda behind 88% of the posts on this forum

Roll Eyes

then buy them, as much as you can. pre-order 10 TH if you can for 40 $/GH. make my bitcoins safer and raise their value by 500 %.
YipYip

Activity: 574
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:02:35 AM

...i loled

over such a small issue that if it is used as a proof of life ...then its completely justifialble

And then we have BFL the career serial killers & criminals who get a free pass to all and everything

We know that mods cant ban pplz that is theymos domain that has not stopped any of u MODERATING the beast that is BFL.......BFL own u biatch's so take it like the ho's that you are.... lolz

OBJECT NOT FOUND
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:05:07 AM

Kudos to KnC for building the first 28nm Bitcoin ASIC!

Buy & Hold
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 12:08:44 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 12:24:34 AM by af_newbie

Testing doesn't involve using the production network. Production mining is unlikely to test finding blocks— whereas testnet, or replays of past found blocks are more complete tests.  Mining on the mainnet increases the difficulty and takes income from customers who are waiting on units that will be late.  Every bit of earlier mining is worth large amounts of future mining due to expected growth.

Greed.

BTW, KNC will mine the shit out of the hardware before it is delivered.

Sure they will send out the samples to the most outspoken members, but the rest of Joe Schmoes will have to dust off their units once they receive them.  I don't think it will be as bad as Avalon (borderline criminal in EU, US and Canada) since they do have to deal with EU regulations and laws.

The address we see here is just for the show.  So expect many blocks to be found by unknown IPs if they decide to setup solo farms.

Who will stop them from producing more hardware to mine for themselves?  There are no laws against it.  It makes perfect business sense.
Is it ethical?  Of course not. It is like a brokerage house selling stocks to clients and selling the same stocks short by themselves.  Profit from both.

jimrome

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:15:12 AM

[yifu]

you assume that KnC controls that address

[/yifu]
YipYip

Activity: 574

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:17:40 AM

Greed.

Sure they will send out the samples to the most outspoken members, but the rest of Joe Schmoes will have to dust off their units once they receive them.  I don't think it will be as bad as Avalon (borderline criminal in EU, US and Canada) since they do have to deal with EU regulations and laws.

The address we see here is just for the show.  So expect many blocks to be found by unknown IPs if they decide to setup solo farms.

Who will stop them from producing more hardware to mine for themselves?  There are no laws against it.  It makes perfect business sense.
Is it ethical?  Of course not. It is like a Brokerage house selling stocks to clients and selling the same stocks short by themselves.  Profit from both.

Lets see what happens ...but BFL & Avalon have set the bar so low it does not matter any more

OBJECT NOT FOUND
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:29:02 AM

Testing doesn't involve using the production network. Production mining is unlikely to test finding blocks— whereas testnet, or replays of past found blocks are more complete tests.  Mining on the mainnet increases the difficulty and takes income from customers who are waiting on units that will be late.  Every bit of earlier mining is worth large amounts of future mining due to expected growth.

Greed.

Is it ethical?  Of course not. It is like a brokerage house selling stocks to clients and selling the same stocks short by themselves.  Profit from both.

Please don't compare long term Swedish business men with greedy no business manners chinese pussies.

joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:31:04 AM

Yes and a customer agrees with him......I think!?!?!

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/5127-knc-will-not-time-so-josh-correct-yah-right-3.html#post59995

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:33:07 AM

lol, you give him positive trust

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
erschiessen

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:42:23 AM

lol, you give him positive trust
LOL
Tito's vodka: makes invisible checkmarks appear

Your Message Here
12KHW3i2Hamk1irY8b181N4vMXUnVYL1ah
af_newbie
Legendary

Activity: 2688
Merit: 1468

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 12:44:32 AM

Please don't compare long term Swedish business men with greedy no business manners chinese pussies.

Business men everywhere are all the same.  What they do is limited by the laws of where they operate?
If you think otherwise, you are very naive.

If they run business, they run it to maximize profit.  Period.
If they run a non-profit organization, that is a different story.

DPoS

Activity: 462

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:45:46 AM

Roll Eyes

then buy them, as much as you can. pre-order 10 TH if you can for 40 $/GH. make my bitcoins safer and raise their value by 500 %.

sure thing, and will write off tons of losses on my taxes and have free mining farm!!!   winning!!

~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~Play Boardgames for Bitcoins!!~~BTC~~GAMBIT~~BTC~~ Something I say help? Donate BTC! 1KN1K1xStzsgfYxdArSX4PEjFfcLEuYhid
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: