Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 03:19:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [PXC] Development Takeover  (Read 8457 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 04:53:19 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2014, 03:20:37 PM by ghostlander

Phoenixcoin

As it become apparent that the previous PXC developer, Mike Burns aka iamatrix, abandoned the project,
also took the primary web site and forum down nearly 3 weeks ago without any prior notice,
and his competence in cryptocoin development leaves much to be desired in general,
I have decided to take over the coding to bring the coin back in business.

I have fixed two critical vulnerabilities in this 0.6.4.12 release:

1) broken IRC peer discovery which in fact didn't allow new peers to connect to the network
(now works fine using any of three LFNet nodes coded in);

2) communication issue when PXC peers accepted connections from non-PXC nodes
(it was driving Qt client crazy showing progress like 300000 blocks to download).

Further changes require a hard fork to be introduced in a few weeks after research and community discussion.

[ANN] [PXC] Phoenixcoin v0.6.5.0 Released, UPGRADE REQUIRED Before Block #154000

Our new web site, Phoenixcoin.org, is online.

Any development related matters to be discussed at our forum hosted at CryptocoinTalk.

I have no insider access to PhenixEx or other half baked projects of the previous developer, so don't bother to ask me about them.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

ADT developer

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:12:10 AM

you might want to talk to joerii as he had some plans aswell

If needed I can host a forum for you  ( would be on www.pxc.altcointalk.co.uk ) unless you provide me with a domain

will include forum setup and will help you where needed but it would be up to you to manage it

If there is anything we can do to help let us know  

The ADT DEV team

Edit we can also offer hosting for a direct wallet download

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:58:07 AM

If needed I can host a forum for you  ( would be on www.pxc.altcointalk.co.uk ) unless you provide me with a domain

will include forum setup and will help you where needed but it would be up to you to manage it

Thanks Zack, but I'd keep with CryptocoinTalk for now. Setting up and managing a dedicated forum isn't in my current plans, there are more important things to do with PXC. I'm leaving it up to the community.

That would be nice if you could mirror the Windows client & daemon until our site is up as some people are not comfortable with MEGA or Google Drive.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
zackclark70
Legendary

Activity: 868

ADT developer

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:06:25 AM

Thanks Zack, but I'd keep with CryptocoinTalk for now. Setting up and managing a dedicated forum isn't in my current plans, there are more important things to do with PXC. I'm leaving it up to the community.

That would be nice if you could mirror the Windows client & daemon until our site is up as some people are not comfortable with MEGA or Google Drive.

www.altcointalk.co.uk/phoenixcoin-win-0.6.4.12.zip

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 06:38:32 AM

www.altcointalk.co.uk/phoenixcoin-win-0.6.4.12.zip

Added, thanks.

aa

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

Litecoin is right coin

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 07:24:38 AM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 08:16:48 AM by aa

I've decided to start hosting wallet client downloads for most coins. Please link to the main page (not direct download).

http://www.lurkmore.com/wiki/Cryptocurrency_information_and_wallet_client_downloads

Reaper3

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 12:33:19 PM

Nice work sir. This coin might have a future now.

CHANGE FINANCE First Decentralised Global Crypto Bank
[color=#15B5E2 ]LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
Hazard
Legendary

Activity: 980

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 12:42:23 PM

Please... Let this die.

iamatrix

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:04:32 PM

Good luck with that....

If MaGNet or Joerii want it, I will turn over domains and github to them.

I have not spoken to them about this yet, but had planned on it.

PhenixEx cryptocurrency exchange | Lifetime lower trading fees? Sign up here! | Let others sign up with your referral link and receive 25% of their trading fees!
Reaper3

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:19:16 PM

Good luck with that....

If MaGNet or Joerii want it, I will turn over domains and github to them.

I have not spoken to them about this yet, but had planned on it.

Well that seems reasonable, any chance that you might hop back in, in the future? From what I read you had some nice ideas that just didnt turn out well, but everyone can learn right?

DannyDisco

Activity: 322

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:23:48 PM

So the name is being changed from Phenixcoin to Pheonixcoin?

Just wondering... might be important for the new website name Tongue

iamatrix

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 03:27:16 PM

Well that seems reasonable, any chance that you might hop back in, in the future? From what I read you had some nice ideas that just didnt turn out well, but everyone can learn right?

I do not know, only time will tell, right now I have to deal with RL issues.

The coin was never supposed to be our focus, worst thing we ever did was release that coin.

If MaGNet or Joerii do want it, I will help them any way I can, there is some stuff in the code they need to watch for, even bushstar missed it when he coded the last fork, I had to go in and sort it before the release.

PhenixEx cryptocurrency exchange | Lifetime lower trading fees? Sign up here! | Let others sign up with your referral link and receive 25% of their trading fees!
Reaper3

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:05:04 PM

The coin was never supposed to be our focus, worst thing we ever did was release that coin.

If MaGNet or Joerii do want it, I will help them any way I can, there is some stuff in the code they need to watch for, even bushstar missed it when he coded the last fork, I had to go in and sort it before the release.

I realize that RL can be a b*tch, hope you are able to resolve your issues. Thought it was a pity that talent goes to waste.

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:22:07 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 05:42:59 PM by Joerii

Ghostlander and I already agreed to cooperate on the resurrection of Phenixcoin.
We smoked a virtual peace pipe and decided that it would be very good to work together instead of splitting up the community by competing.

The relations I build up as the community leader for PXC are intact. We sticked together in good times and in bad. MaGNeT, Torzsy, Jeancool, Nawazish, all very cool and smart guys. Plus there are people in the background who are lending a hand in an unofficial manner. I'm mainly looking at the awesome guys at FTC.

I'm in Skype with Mike right now, after three weeks of no contact. He's signing over the domains and github to me, I'll hand them over to Ghostlander. Mike says he's busy right now sending coins back to people. We'll see.

My intentions are to keep leading the PXC community. As those who know me can attest : I'm a leader but not the BOSS Smiley

Now that John and Mike have stepped down, I'll do things a bit differently. 100% transparently and in a democratic way. That also means that if the majority thinks I should step down, I will.

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:40:19 PM

Well, you didn't fork the Litecoin code base and apply necessary commits at GitHub. You downloaded it, modified and uploaded to GitHub. It makes difficult to track your changes. May be easier to fork either Litecoin or Feathercoin now and apply patches to make it Phoenixcoin. The genesis block and magic number are the same. It makes me wonder why you had those 20K blocks pre-mined over 11 days at near zero difficulty while you could put that 1M PXC into a single block. Of course, if you knew how to.

Joerii
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 05:48:42 PM

Please guys, lets stick to fixing this and transferring everything over instead of letting it derail into accusations and nasty posts.
I'd love to read something POSITIVE related to PXC for once.

Squeeze some stress balls or something. Wink

Hypercube - get the attention you deserve
iamatrix

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 05:55:18 PM

Well, you didn't fork the Litecoin code base and apply necessary commits at GitHub. You downloaded it, modified and uploaded to GitHub. It makes difficult to track your changes. May be easier to fork either Litecoin or Feathercoin now and apply patches to make it Phoenixcoin. The genesis block and magic number are the same. It makes me wonder why you had those 20K blocks pre-mined over 11 days at near zero difficulty while you could put that 1M PXC into a single block. Of course, if you knew how to.

Well I guess your going to have to learn how to read code Kiss

Move ahead with your plans for the new domain etc, I will not turn anything over if you have anything to do with it.

Whuzz

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

Kimoto for president!

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:05:27 PM

Move ahead with your plans for the new domain etc, I will not turn anything over if you have anything to do with it.

http://tinybuddha.com/blog/how-to-deal-with-criticism-well-25-reasons-to-embrace-it

Digital currency of the future!
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
October 01, 2013, 06:09:50 PM

What is going on here. What real life issues require turning off the main website exactly? how did that help you out?. I'm sure people want to know wtf happened with this coin?  what is the truth about what happened internally with this team?  right now Mike burns is looking like the bad guy? it is true ? if so what did he do ? what REAL LIFE issues caused him to take down the main website?  , it looks like a deliberate attempt to fuck the coin up? but why do this?  

What happened to the 1M premine?  who unloaded it all and who benefited from it if anyone?  what is the actual story with this coin that started off so well ?  Is it coming back if so nobody will touch it until the exact reason for the collapse of the first edition of this coin is know and the bad egg kept far away from any new development. I really like pxc and want to know what exactly happened step by step?

Is Mike burns the bad guy or is he the patsy? was it all a huge scam and the premine unloaded at a high price - if so who exactly benefited from it?

ghostlander (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 01, 2013, 06:38:23 PM
Last edit: October 01, 2013, 06:52:50 PM by ghostlander

I could write a few insults down, but see no point to argue with you this way. Make up your mind and figure out what exactly you want to do. I have never been your partner, so you owe me nothing. I don't want to take control over your domains or your projects or your GitHub repository or your pre-mine. I want to give PXC a fresh start to become a successful transparent coin with no hype or empty promises involved. Joerii seems to have nearly the same goals, that's why we have decided to work together for the common good. Joerii is still the community leader and I appreciate his efforts.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: