Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:43:35 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Merit System Suggestion Update  (Read 1000 times)
KWH
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045

In Collateral I Trust.

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 11:45:45 PM

I do believe we have had enough of these complaint threads. There already are many with the exact same questions, statements and answers.
Also, several of these replies and that of the OP prove they have not read the main theymos thread nor understand how Merit works.
Stop with the never ending loop of garbage posts please.

Once again:

Your "rank" does not stop you in any way from meaningful participation in this forum.  Roll Eyes

When the subject of buying BTC with Paypal comes up, I often remember this: 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Albert Einstein

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:50:56 AM

I like your idea as the concept is based on fairness but unfortunately this will over load the mods with a lot of work and I think the current merit system is okay as it more of a [SMAS] Signature Managers against Spam model that extends to all forum members regardless of whether you a sig participant or not thats trying to promote quality posts and also make ranking up to be based on merit 😀
We just optimize the merit system, I agree that the current merit system already has a real benefit. Merit has made this forum much better and has a better chat quality. Different than before, now merit can reduce spammers that always exist in many forums, we just wait for other real action. Currently merit also used as a benchmark to follow the signature campaign so that everyone will eventually be motivated to provide quality posts.
Grayy

Activity: 322
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:03:34 AM

I like the fact that you identified the flaws in your own suggestions. Considering the admi-to-member ratio it will be such an arduous task for admis to go around the nooks and crannies of the forum meriting people's post. what's more it was quite visionary to make all forum members part of the decision making body through the merit system. If we will all be honest and impartial, the merit system will stand the test of time.
darklus123

Activity: 1246
Merit: 588

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:34:45 AM

That is indeed pretty unfair. That portion of your disappointment boils down to merit abused and it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Negative side, it is not just too hard for the mods but it is completely more impossible for them to track good posts. And if ever that they are the ones who will be sending a merit. A months of promotion may lead to a year or two.

There is nothing to argue with the positive side that youve stated

For the additional notes, You have to remember that not all good posts needs to have a one hundred paragraphs and not all shitty posts consists of a single or two liner posts. That will simply defeats the value of those users who does not participate on any signature campaign programs. Who are actually posting straight to the point and more meaningful.
athanz88

Activity: 476
Merit: 359

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:31:10 AM

People in here often forget that this is a forum and there is a community in here, and a forum is a place where people gather and engage, not for working and to earn money. I do feel earning money from this forum is a great things and most of us will agree, i cant deny it, but if your brain only thinking of earning money from this forum, then you treat the forum wrong.

Scared of not making enough merit to rank up because you have no friends here? then make friends ! Engage with others, reply other post, comment other post, share your point of view on some topics, make a new interesting topic, etc. Make yourself as a part of a community, not as a worker who needs a rank. I believe if you change your point of view, merits will follow. You are not getting merits up until now is because your passion is to earn money in this forum, not to be a contributor for a community of this forum.

Negative side of this opinion I think is that the job of admins here will be a bit harder by checking quality of the post and giving merits to members here.

This is kinda a bias word. You can say adding that system is going to make the job a bit harder? I can say that it will be impossible for an admin to do that with so many boards in here and admin doesnt talks in every language of this world. Plus, it would make us harder to get more merits, because with your system then the admin will be a source right? Imagine we only have 1 source with 1 point of view, you think it will give us more merits? Even with 57 sources and 57 brains that think differently and have a different point of view we are still in need of more sources. So, think again.
Tambu

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 05:35:00 AM

One month is enough to conclude for a case study.  I don't think so admin here doesn't know what's going on in the forum as the Merit System implemented. I believe they are already in the process of improving it.  

All of the Systems have always a loophole and prone for abuses. Good thing is that those abuses are already came to light.

MONARCH  |  THE COMPLETE CRYPTO SOLUTION  |  Private Sale is LIVE!
▬▬  "Be your own KING"  |  PRE-SALE: JUNE 15, 2018  ▬▬▬▬▬
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 12:38:44 PM

The admin has lots of things to do that take so much time. Spending time on reading posts of millions of users will take him a lifetime. Perhaps he could give this task to trusted members who could do it on his behalf. But still they could not fully read all of people's posts.

I know there are many qualified posts that do not have merits, but I think the day will come when they get awarded. Patience is required. If you want to get merits, be active and make high quality posts or else you will be left unnoticed.
RYXES

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

Merit me or don't.

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 05:44:25 PM

It's pretty much Black Mirror, guys.

Merit me or don't.
jakeshadows27

Activity: 155
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 01:37:55 AM

For new here it set limitation and dissappointment because it so hard to get merit they have many question in their mind how merit will get and what  if they think their post is good but other way its  not good to other thats why i think merit is just a big big big problem to newbie and junior you will stuck forever to your level

DATABLOCKCHAIN
Merging Big Data, AI and Blockchain Tech. to bring critical Info. to the world
belyaevi

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:12:34 AM

Here is why it is is not needed:

1) First of all regarding some members abusing the merit system, this will not last long. Soon all the default merit points will be spent. Then we will have merit points originating from the merit sources  and  really believe that they will be neutral to all members.

2) If this work is assigned to admin and staff, this will overburden them with more work. I have seen members not being able to get replies for their account being hacked due to staff being busy. We need to reduce the work load on the staff and not increase it.
criz2fer

Activity: 672
Merit: 127

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 09:06:36 AM

IM STILL NEW HERE IN BCT FORUM SO IF THIS POST VIOLATE ANY RULES PLEASE JUST DELETE AND DONT BAN ME PLEASE.

I have some suggestion about this merit system.
Because of it is too hard to gain merits, this came out on my mind.
What if people who has a lot of sMerit make another account and send merit to his/her own account to rank up for farming, newbies here like me get hard times to gain merits and it is not fair to newbies like me.

Lets accept the fact that even you make sa useful and high Quality post you still dont get merit sometimes.

My suggestion
Why dont make it like this, No sMerit system only MERIT system and only admins can send merit to a post so that it will be fair for all and less the job of admin by checking someone send merits to another if its a farm account.
In this system no one can play the merits only the admins.

Negative side of this opinion I think is that the job of admins here will be a bit harder by checking quality of the post and giving merits to members here.

Positive side of this is that merit system will be fair to all newbies and elders here, and if the admins manage the merit system no useful and high quality post will be ignored.

EDIT: In additional I think we can make merit system automatic like activity. depends on the how long the post is, and if the post is not useful or quality merits can be gone if the post is deleted by the admins.
(there must be a lenght requirements to be merited automatically, I think all can notice a long post if its a spam post/trash then if everyone report a trash post it can be automatically deleted).

Any more additional suggestions are welcome.
If you find something wrong in my post let me know to fix this.

EDIT: Im not against this merit system, this system is nice because of its effect, Im just suggesting.

PLEASE DONT THINK IM COMPLAINING
This means admins should have bigger fee's just by checking every boards they handle to accommodate your suggestion mate. But since its only a month after the effect of the merit system, so far  many people are accepting the system. If spammers and shitposter will continue, well we should still be patient because admins here are looking solutions to improve the forum for a clean discussions and communication for every members.

mikfresh

Activity: 266
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:21:30 PM
Last edit: March 06, 2018, 12:23:58 PM by mikfresh
Merited by yohananaomi (1), coin5haker (1)

You got 4 merits, OP.  That's a lot more than many members with your awful command of the english language have gotten, and assuming you didn't buy those, you should consider yourself very lucky.  What are you complaining about?  

In case you haven't noticed, suggestions from newbies are falling on deaf ears.  Rightfully so.  

Look at me, I haven't earned a merit yet, and I'm not about to complain, because I'm not here to rank up and spam the forum.

You're not complaining cause you are a Senior Member, and you take advantage of your position by participating in signature campaigns. You don't need any more merit, you have a high rank already. On the other hand I understand OP statements, I am a rookie too and a non native speaker, just like OP seems to me (pardon if I'm wrong). And I strive to receive merit, but i'm not complaining, I just will wait and do my best as always. My posts are probably not interesting enough, I accept it.
As of the system proposed by OP... I don't think it's actually possible, admins have a life too, and I don't think they earn a paycheck for their role of tutorship they perfectly do already. This would be too much to handle, imagine looking for quality comments in a post with 50 or more comments?
I don't know what can be done to improve the system, if I'll come up with something I'll be glad to share my opinion in a more useful way.
Vannie12

Activity: 630
Merit: 130

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 10:45:40 PM

Well, if you are suggesting this in behalf of the noobs then I would consider you as a concerned user for fair distribution of the merit points.
Though what you stated are relatively true, it does look like it will be a additional workload for moderators which I can see will be a greater problem since there are only few of them.

I thin you should not worry much of yourself, if you wanted merits system to function smoothly, then continue doing quality posts and when you reach the rank that can disseminate merits too then review posts and merit those who deserve it.
That is one way of contributing too.
Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 02:51:51 AM

My suggestion
Why dont make it like this, No sMerit system only MERIT system and only admins can send merit to a post so that it will be fair for all and less the job of admin by checking someone send merits to another if its a farm account.

I think it is good if only admin having unlimited smerit to be fair because as we can see some of the members who have lots of smerit they taking advantage to send it to their alt to rank up they do not review other post of other members to toss even single merit they have. Much better if only admin will gives merit to us it will gives more inspiration and it will be a motivation to continue contributing knowledgeable post to help the other members because admin recognize what you did.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 04:51:03 AM

Every single rule still got a problem .
Until now , i'm not delight with this merit system , too much vulnerable .

First of all , sell merits system to make money , rich get richer
Secondly , buyer need it enough to do bounty . So , no need to contribute quality post anymore .
Thirdly , too much post/comment that merit sources or mod/admin ,... can't check in a day . Consequently , they give up about using their time for writing quality post/comment .
Finally , after merit system was born , anyone who achieved a rank before , they obviously received merit points equal their rank .

I see unfair here .

Please post in your local section and learn how to communicate in English and come back in 6 months. Bounties, sig campaigns are a privilege not a right

███████████████████████████
████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Saveplus

Activity: 322
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:02:25 AM

Since the merit system was made its hard to rank up but following their rules even though its hard to have merits we need to make a quality post to get merit from others .We dont have a choice because this is their regulations ,all we have to do is to improve ourself in forum.Hopefully the admin would set another rules for merit to be easily get.
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 05:27:45 AM

You're not complaining cause you are a Senior Member, and you take advantage of your position by participating in signature campaigns. You don't need any more merit, you have a high rank already. On the hand I understand OP statements, I am a rookie too and a non native speaker, just like OP seems to me (pardon if I'm wrong). And I strive to receive merit, but i'm not complaining, I just will wait and do my best as always. My posts are probably not interesting enough, I accept it.
As of the system proposed by OP... I don't think it's actually possible, admins have a life too, and I don't think they earn a paycheck for their role of tutorship they perfectly do already. This would be too much to handle, imagine looking for quality comments in a post with 50 or more comments?
I don't know what can be done to improve the system, if I'll come up with something I'll be glad to share my opinion in a more useful way.

You like reading my mind, have exactly the same opinion about this whole topic. Nothing we can do, only do our best to improve the system, put more effort in writing quality posts and read others. So many of us just see the interesting topic and hurry on replying without bothering to read anything except the topic starter's post and maybe one or two below it. So many good posts could be lost between, which deserve to be recognized.

TMAN
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808

Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 06:19:52 AM

Every single rule still got a problem .
Until now , i'm not delight with this merit system , too much vulnerable .

First of all , sell merits system to make money , rich get richer
Secondly , buyer need it enough to do bounty . So , no need to contribute quality post anymore .
Thirdly , too much post/comment that merit sources or mod/admin ,... can't check in a day . Consequently , they give up about using their time for writing quality post/comment .
Finally , after merit system was born , anyone who achieved a rank before , they obviously received merit points equal their rank .

I see unfair here .

Please post in your local section and learn how to communicate in English and come back in 6 months. Bounties, sig campaigns are a privilege not a right

My native language is not supported anymore , sir .

Then go and Learn how to communicate in English, until then read read read... you have two hopes of earning merit if you dont.. Bob Hope and No Hope...

EDIT - the user sent me this PM

what do you mean when say :" Learn how to communicate in English " .

Can you make it clear Huh

I mean really!

████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀████████
██████▀▄██▀▀▄▄ ████▄▀██████
█████ ███ ████ ▀▀████ █████
████ █████ ███▀▀▀▄████ ████
████ ███▀▀▀▄▄▄████████ ████
████ ██▄▄▀▀███████▀▄▄█ ████
█████ █████ █▀██▀▄███ █████
██████▄▀███▀▄█▀▄███▀▄██████
████████▄▄▀▀▀ ▀▀▀▄▄████████
██████████▀▄███████████████
██████████████████████████
.FORTUNEJACK   JOIN INVINCIBLE JACKMATE AND WIN......10 BTC........
██████▀▀▀       ▀▀▀██████
█████  ▄▄▄█████▄▄▄  █████
█████  █████ █████  █████
█████  ██▄     ▄██  █████
█████  ████   ████  █████
█████▄  ██▄▄█▄▄██  ▄█████
██████▄  ███████  ▄██████
███████▄   ▀▀▀   ▄███████
██████████▄▄ ▄▄██████████
Quickseller
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 2298

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:36:51 AM

My suggestion
There are only two admins, and are hundreds of thousands of accounts that post every day. The sending of merit absolutely must be delegated, and there must be the ability of the community as a whole to sent merit to the rest of the community. 

What if people who has a lot of sMerit make another account and send merit to his/her own account to rank up for farming, newbies here like me get hard times to gain merits and it is not fair to newbies like me.
There is a limit to how much merit you can send with your sMerit, which is roughly double your sMerit if you are sending it back and fourth to yourself. So if you are farming merit by sending to yourself, you will eventually run out of sMerit unless you are (colluding with) a merit source, or you are otherwise making posts that others award merit for. 
Sasuke102001

Activity: 280
Merit: 111

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:54:42 AM

I agree to your suggestion but it would make the admins work more difficult, all the admins of the forum can't go and check every post of all the people in this forum there are many msny users. All the admins definitely would also have their own work to do, that can't just sit here whole day checking peoples posts and rewarding them merits right?
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: