Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 04:30:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Which coins brought you massive losses?  (Read 835 times)
Gozie51

Activity: 2520
Merit: 624

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:49:41 PM

Ouch! It hurts each time I remember regalcoin. That coin till date remains the one I recorded a great loss in, losing over $600 for a mere 10units I bought. I didn't know I was catching a fallen knife when I bought into it @$62+ just like every other person bought the coins that later gave them losses. Still a sad experience because regalcoin is worthless at less than a dollar now. However, the good thing about crypto trading is that you don't totally lose until you finally sell off. The fallen coins (I am not referring to regalcoin because it is dead already) can return to entry price or even record some profit.

This would have been a disheartening situation for you. I encourage you to continue in your investing spirit. You win some you lose some but next time, take your time and don't always believe a flying coin has everything good in stock. I hope you don't catch a grenade next time. Roll Eyes
KEPLER99

Activity: 448
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 07:52:03 AM

Well, I think you are not quite right , if you do not sell them the losses you brought . Since the new year the market was in correction of many of the coins were in decline , so you should wait the recovery of the market and sell at the best price . This opportunity is sure to be
I think what you are trying to say here is, it cant be considered as a loss until you have sold the coins one holds in exchange for some other crypto in hype or fiat money. That’s true, unless one holds the coin and hasn’t sold, it cant be considered as a loss. Its just matter of time till the market rises again and everything is back to normal and we see bullish trend. The coins you are holding have quite good potential and are the coins in top 30 market cap. So hold on to it and you shall see huge gains.
PanGiMoon

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 08:54:57 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Because there are no gains without losses, I decided to open this thread in the hope that I could also learn from your mistakes when you chose the wrong coins in which to invest your money.

For example, I invested in December 2017 and I lost my money in following coins:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

The only coin that brought me profit was NEO.

But what about you? What are the coins in which you lost your money?

Ripple, and even iota, let me down. But if it was worth waiting for from the ripple, then why did not IOTA go? This is an incomprehensible question, although I most likely chose the wrong moment. The rest of the not very expensive coins did not take away my superfluous nerves and decided not to disappoint, it's monero, dash, even lisk.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 09:04:53 AM

It's on 2017 when I bought Siacoin around 700 sats during that time, near its all time high. I am just new to trading before and do not have a trading plan so when I saw that it is increasing, I chase it and I end up being dump. After a few months, I decided to dump it around 150 sats. It is a pretty big loss for me. I cash out the remaining trading capital and decided to stop trading. Months later, I really wanted to trade so I watch a lot of youtube videos and read about trading. I learn the importance of risk management and now, I am slowly getting back what I lose.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
axiline

Activity: 462
Merit: 114

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:12:01 AM

The biggest loss to me was the SC coin. I bought it in the summer of 2017 in the hope of good growth, but it fell more than 6 times. Now I try to be more alert with weak coins.
michael shikany

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 09:29:02 AM

For me the biggest loss is invested in bitcoin, when I was nearly $20000 purchased 6 bitcoin, but now has my loss of more than half, but I think this is my pay tuition fees to the market, at first I don't know anything into the encrypted currency market, this let me pay a price,

Emitdama

Activity: 1764
Merit: 328

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:45:55 AM

Dear bitcoin community,

Because there are no gains without losses, I decided to open this thread in the hope that I could also learn from your mistakes when you chose the wrong coins in which to invest your money.

For example, I invested in December 2017 and I lost my money in following coins:

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

I invested in quite many cryptos in the early period of January. Almost all the coins I have bought have bought me loss as the market was at hype that time and I want so good in crypto market and invested without analysis. Although I have loss currently, I am holding all my coins and wont sell time until I am in profit. Patience is the key to earn in crypto market and I have so.

I am even ready to hold coins for 5 years if it takes to get profit. I have basically invested in XRP, NEO, IOTA, ADA and TRX. I know the coins hold potential and will rise for sure in upcoming months.
cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:53:32 AM

Well, I think you are not quite right , if you do not sell them the losses you brought . Since the new year the market was in correction of many of the coins were in decline , so you should wait the recovery of the market and sell at the best price . This opportunity is sure to be

So you're saying that waiting for almost 4 months to see if a coin is good for a short-term investment wasn't enough?

Well, if you had invested in such coins for short term, you should have sold it till mid January till the market was in quite hype and had rose past what the market was in December, you could easily have made profit. If you hold 4 months, its not short term, its middle term trading. Once you must decide the pattern in which you are trading, then you must buy the coins accordingly.

If you bought in December for short trades, you should have sold in mid January, you would be sitting on profit right now. Now you don’t have a choice other than to hold. Analysis is important. Do it the next time you think of investing or trading.
JustusJones86

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 10:55:11 AM

IOTA was a real bummer... and I don't think it will get any better in the near future. Especially the wallet has serious security issues...
Profuter

Activity: 210

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:29:12 PM

Dear bitcoin community,

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

I understand why you lost money, you bought all the coins at the peak of the price, and now deep drawdown. I didn't do that and not lose money.
KalaiBTC

Activity: 448
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 06:10:36 AM

I always bought coins at cheapest price, i was still in some profit when bitcoin has hit $7000, so no losses so far. There is a key, never buy a coin whos growing rapidity and at high price.
True. He bought the coins when the market was at its peak and in quite much hype which made the prices of crypto currencies swell. Always buy during the corrections and not when cryptos are rising rapidly cause many time you miss the train in such situation. And always buy in parts when there are dips. Keep buying small amount of cryptos in every dip and keep selling some amounts in every pump. By doing so, you shall never face lose.
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:18:15 AM

Mine worst investment was done with musicoin. I bought it for short term but it was on peak and I didn't realize it cause I was too busy following bitcoin. I lost like %50 of my investment and returned back to bitcoin.
This can be a really big issue when you have a lot of coins in your portfolio it can be difficult to keep track of all of them and when a single coin gets all your attention then a part of your portfolio will suffer any if by bad luck that coin happens to dump you are probably going to lose a significant amount of money the same way that happen to you so it is better to keep just a few coins maybe five to ten before you get more experience.
Princessjilian

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:31:49 AM

Im new in crypto trading and based on my experience XBY was one of the coin that give me massive losses because during that time when im holding it. I am lack of knowledge about trading..
nhattori27

Activity: 387
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 04:38:40 AM

Last year, I have suffered a lot of losses by trading bitcoin. I mainly traded bitcoin. It is also a source of income for me. I have also gained bitcoin.
Nexmesh Team

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:12:41 PM

Keep your chins up guys. Keep your faith in good projects and the rewards will come.
Good things ahead for OMG, ZRX, DCR, NEO and don't be surprised if Stellar drops a big announcement soon.
billyj111

Activity: 322

Deal Coin - P2P Lending Eco-system

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:16:30 PM

Personally, I have lost money on such coins:
Stratis, Nem, Ethereum Classic, Eidoo.
And the coin on which I lost the most money is, of course, the king of all currencies - Bitcoin

The Deal Coin      BLOCKCHAIN LENDING PLATFORM                   
FACEBOOK     PRE-SALE | March 26th  ]     TWITTER     [ CROWDSALE | April 16th ]     TELEGRAM
ANN THREAD          ⚫          BOUNTY THREAD          ⚫          WHITEPAPER
JCLee

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:21:09 PM

Currently, I have not invested in many cryptos, but I draw experience that the coin in the top 10 if the investment in the long term at least one year will not suffer losses, while investment in altcoins or ICO capacity Losses will be high due to the dependence on Bitcoin and Ethererum. The INS is crypto that made me lose more than 50% of its assets when investing in it.

prehisto

Activity: 882
Merit: 112

Your Data Belongs To You

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 11:49:05 PM

Dear bitcoin community,

Bitcoin
Ethereum
Ripple
Bitcoin Cash
Dogecoin
IOTA
NEM

Right now the stupidest decisions was to buy Bitclave tokens when it was at 0,3$ per token, right now its value is completely shattered.

X L S L A B S ◉◉◉ INTERNET OF TRUST ◉◉◉ X L S L A B S
If you care about your personal data, you need to understand its future.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▮ TelegramTwitterBitcointalk ▮▬▬▬▬▬▬
aalborg

Activity: 602

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:12:45 AM

I bought ETC and now price fall down twice. Can you imagine I lose 50 percentages of my initial savings! Shocked
But I still believe in crypto currency. Today price of BTC, for example, attract me a lot! If I have some free money, I put it into crypto.
Anne8

Activity: 280

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:39:01 AM

The way will make us lose is selling the asset when the price goes lower from the buying price.
If we are holding and waiting for the price up, i am sure that the price will recover again.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: