Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:07:38 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Group Buy #31 ASICMiner Cubes 0.35 BTC 28-38GH/s  (Read 49997 times)
Tong

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 15, 2013, 09:19:28 PM

The 49-port hubs I received today unfortunately didn't have fuses in them.  Though the fuses are on the way in a separate shipment, I can't wait for a couple of days to be able to used them.  Upon inspection, it looks like they take automotive blade-type fuses.  Is it the Mini Blade fuse?  What's the required fuse amp rating for these hubs?  I wanna head down to the local auto parts store and get them ASAP.

40 amp

Regular in car fuses.  Philipma made an observation that the 40 amp fuse it comes with is way too much for the hub, if each miner uses .5 amp and there's 49 ports, max it should draw is 24.5 amps.  I got a 30 amp in mine and definitely runs cooler than the 40 amp it came with.  The 40 was wicked hot all the time.  Going to try a 25 amp and see if that's the sweet spot.  Don't want an accidental power spike taking out the hub or all them miners.

Thanks for this info.  It seems that 25A makes a lot of sense as you alluded.  I may have to try it myself; if it doesn't keep blowing up, then it should be good.  Can you verify if it's the "mini" size blade fuse?

I wouldn't call them the mini's:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fuse_%28automotive%29

They're the regular or "ATO" sized fuses.  your standard in car fuse for most American made vehicles up until the late 90's.

visdude
Legendary

Activity: 1081
Merit: 1001

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:18:32 AM

The 49-port hubs I received today unfortunately didn't have fuses in them.  Though the fuses are on the way in a separate shipment, I can't wait for a couple of days to be able to used them.  Upon inspection, it looks like they take automotive blade-type fuses.  Is it the Mini Blade fuse?  What's the required fuse amp rating for these hubs?  I wanna head down to the local auto parts store and get them ASAP.

40 amp

Regular in car fuses.  Philipma made an observation that the 40 amp fuse it comes with is way too much for the hub, if each miner uses .5 amp and there's 49 ports, max it should draw is 24.5 amps.  I got a 30 amp in mine and definitely runs cooler than the 40 amp it came with.  The 40 was wicked hot all the time.  Going to try a 25 amp and see if that's the sweet spot.  Don't want an accidental power spike taking out the hub or all them miners.

Thanks for this info.  It seems that 25A makes a lot of sense as you alluded.  I may have to try it myself; if it doesn't keep blowing up, then it should be good.  Can you verify if it's the "mini" size blade fuse?

They're the regular or "ATO" sized fuses.  your standard in car fuse for most American made vehicles up until the late 90's.

Thank you.
MikeMike
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1020

★ Ⓚ KORE TEAM Ⓚ ★

View Profile
November 16, 2013, 08:20:54 AM

40 amp

Thank you.

Heard when the Erupters get into a heavy hashing session they can draw up to 30-50% more watts.
I've not done any testing to confirm.

wasted

Activity: 27

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 07:13:24 AM
Last edit: November 18, 2013, 07:49:50 AM by wasted

Has anyone heard from SSB lately?  I put in a paid order in on the 9th, and have not heard anything from him.

-Drew
sbfree

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2013, 12:00:10 PM

Has anyone heard from SSB lately?  I put in a paid order in on the 9th, and have not heard anything from him.

-Drew
I PM'd a while ago, and didn't hear back from him either, and I PM'd a little while ago....hope all is well.
SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:34:26 PM

11/18/13 An immediate family medical emergency has come up this last weekend. I will not be able to take any new orders from Monday 11/18/13 through Saturday 11/23/13. Any pms or emails over the last 3 days I will try to catch up on today and send any orders placed out today. Please place any orders during this week with the other US AsicMiner resellers. I will start taking new orders starting Sunday evening 11/24/13. Thank you for your continued support!

Sincerely,
SilentSonicBoom

Thyatis

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:35:40 PM

Sorry to hear that!

My Reputation information   | [/color]
Contact Information -  Google Talk & Email - thyatis@thyatis.com |
SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:36:44 PM

-Drew
Please PM me again. I may have missed your order somehow. I can get you a refund or work something out. Thanks. SSB

SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:37:27 PM

-Drew
I PM'd a while ago, and didn't hear back from him either, and I PM'd a little while ago....hope all is well.
I will contact you via pm later today. Thanks!

SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2013, 02:38:42 PM

Sorry to hear that!
Thanks. I will reply to all pms later today and get any orders/warranty replacements out today. SSB

doubleganger

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 06:22:45 AM

40 amp

If you think the hub runs cooler with a smaller fuse you are just imagining it.  The only effect of using a fuse smaller than called for by the device's specs would be the fuse blowing unnecessarily. Also, a fuse doesn't protect from power spikes.  It takes a good surge protector for that.
hayseed

Activity: 240

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 02:41:59 PM

Im thinking they should have made some changes on that 49 port hub.

1) There should be delays when the sub hubs sync or they should have daisy chained like the Anker to cause the delay as part of the design.

2) Each 7 port sub-hub should have been switched and fused. Or at the very minimum the main fuse changed to a cartridge fuse as that bears up to heat better than the one they are using. This would allow you to switch off a bank and or switch on banks of ports (sub-hub) instead of unplugging miners then replugging 1 at a time with stubborn os's like windows.

my .0001 btc
sidehack
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1849

Curmudgeonly hardware guy

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 04:12:10 PM

If you think the hub runs cooler with a smaller fuse you are just imagining it.  The only effect of using a fuse smaller than called for by the device's specs would be the fuse blowing unnecessarily. Also, a fuse doesn't protect from power spikes.  It takes a good surge protector for that.

I think what he meant was, the fuse itself was getting hot. There have been reports of the plastic body of the stock 40A fuse melting and roasting things around the board.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336911.0

Hope everything is getting better for you, SSB.

Cool, quiet and up to 1TH pod miner, on sale now!
Currently in development - 200+GH USB stick; 6TH volt-adjustable S1/3/5 upgrade kit
Server PSU interface boards and cables. USB and small-scale miners. Hardware hosting, advice and odd-jobs. Supporting the home miner community since 2013 - http://www.gekkoscience.com
doubleganger

Activity: 12

View Profile
November 19, 2013, 10:44:56 PM

I think what he meant was, the fuse itself was getting hot. There have been reports of the plastic body of the stock 40A fuse melting and roasting things around the board.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=336911.0

Hope everything is getting better for you, SSB.

Thanks for the clarification. In that case my guess is a batch of defective or mis-labeled fuses since all things being equal a lower rated fuse should have higher resistance and would be the one to run hotter since, after all, the way they work is under excessive current they get hot enough to melt and a lower rated fuse would melt at a lower current (amps).
Havek

Activity: 26

View Profile
November 21, 2013, 02:33:19 PM

Speaking of the fuses, I saw someone say that they just removed theirs.  They claim the erupters themselves all have their own fuses so it's redundant to have another.  Anyone test this theory?  Does it run fine without a fuse?
SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 26, 2013, 08:48:27 PM

11/26/13 Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and kind words. My family is doing ok right now. I will be updating my prices for blades, cubes, backplanes, and USB hubs in the next few hours. Any orders placed tonight will ship in the morning. I will combine my group buys into one listing located here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307095.0 . Thank you for your orders and continued support. Please have a happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Sincerely,
SilentSonicBoom

xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 26, 2013, 09:53:04 PM

11/26/13 Thanks to everyone for the well wishes and kind words. My family is doing ok right now. I will be updating my prices for blades, cubes, backplanes, and USB hubs in the next few hours. Any orders placed tonight will ship in the morning. I will combine my group buys into one listing located here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307095.0 . Thank you for your orders and continued support. Please have a happy Thanksgiving weekend!

Sincerely,
SilentSonicBoom

Glad you are back!  Hope everything is ok
SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 04:39:21 AM

USA Orders Only

Cubes are 1.08 btc each. Blades are 0.37 btc each (Buy 10, get 1 backplane free). 49 port USB Hubs are 0.13 btc each. Backplanes are 0.11 btc each. PM me for large quantity purchases.

WinterParker

Activity: 356

Dock.io

View Profile WWW
November 27, 2013, 02:06:16 PM

What Zip Code do i enter of the USPS site for - "the zip code your sending from" Huh

▀ ▀ ▀▀▀
                 ▄█▄
         ▄▄      ███
         ▀██▄    ███
      ▄▄▄▄▄███▄  ███
   ▄███████████▀ ███
 ▄███▀    ▄██▀   ███
▄███     ██▀     ███
███              ███
███              ███
███▄            ▄███
 ███▄          ▄███
  ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
    ▀▀████████▀

██                            ██               ▄▄
          ██                            ██               ▀▀
          ██                            ██     ▄▄
  ▄██████▄██    ▄██████▄      ▄██████▄  ██   ▄██▀        ██    ▄██████▄
▄██▀    ▀███  ▄██▀    ▀██▄  ▄██▀    ▀▀  ██ ▄██▀          ██  ▄██▀    ▀██▄
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          █████▄           ██  ██        ██
██        ██  ██        ██  ██          ██▀▀██▄          ██  ██        ██
▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄██▀  ▀██▄    ▄▄  ██   ▀██▄   ▄▄▄  ██  ▀██▄    ▄██▀
  ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀  ██     ▀██  ███  ██    ▀██████▀

▬▬   WHITEPAPER   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
FACEBOOK        TWITTER        TELEGRAM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN THREAD   ▬▬

xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 27, 2013, 06:46:47 PM

Cubes in stock or pooling orders til minimum is met?

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: