Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 04:05:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Group Buy #31 ASICMiner Cubes 0.35 BTC 28-38GH/s  (Read 49996 times)
SilentSonicBoom (OP)

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 05:00:39 PM

Do you offer a hosting option? If so, how much per cube?
No hosting. Thanks. SSB

SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 05:00:57 PM

Anyone heard from SSB lately? I sent him a large sum of coins last week for cubes and haven't heard back.
PM sent. Thanks for the order. SSB

SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 05:01:13 PM

Anyone heard from SSB lately? I sent him a large sum of coins last week for cubes and haven't heard back.

I also have not heard from SSB since the four PMs I sent since Dec 21-23.

I went to the expense of having my latest cube sent via Express Mail and
it arrived promptly and safely, however it is DOA.

Tried a few things but it's not hashing.  Had two loose screws inside that were tightened
up, which seems to be typical for these things. The other two cubes in my rig are
A-OK.

-Mark
PM sent. Thank you. SSB

SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 26, 2013, 05:02:24 PM

Thanks to everyone for the pictures and helpful advice for setup. It is greatly appreciated. SSB

Singlebyte

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:03:30 AM

Hey guys,

I have one of these cubes and I'm not sure how to actually get it to run with the clock set to high. It runs fine in low, but the second I set it to high I get all xxxx across all boards and all chips. I asked SSB who suggested I post in this thread for any tips. I have done the reseat/reboot/tighten down heat syncs etc. can anyone make some helpful suggestions who has seen this problem?

I just received a cube that doing the same thing.  I am going to pull it apart and retighten all the heat sinks and re-seat the boards.  If that doesn't work I will try one card at a time till I find the bad card(s).  I am also still waiting for another PS so it may be a day or two till I get around to it.
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:35:46 AM

Hey guys,

I have one of these cubes and I'm not sure how to actually get it to run with the clock set to high. It runs fine in low, but the second I set it to high I get all xxxx across all boards and all chips. I asked SSB who suggested I post in this thread for any tips. I have done the reseat/reboot/tighten down heat syncs etc. can anyone make some helpful suggestions who has seen this problem?

I just received a cube that doing the same thing.  I am going to pull it apart and retighten all the heat sinks and re-seat the boards.  If that doesn't work I will try one card at a time till I find the bad card(s).  I am also still waiting for another PS so it may be a day or two till I get around to it.
I have the same problem. Running my cube on low, and 5 cards (instead of 6). 1 card was faulty. Had to check them one by one. I now should try 1 card at a time on high clock and see if it works or if its some other issue.
twib2

Activity: 280

Helperizer

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 03:53:44 AM

Good to know all this warning stuff.  My previous cubes have had no problems other than alignment of blades in their slots but are all hashing well.

Looks like I'm the unlucky one that USPS dropped the ball on - it went out the 20th and were off the grid until just now.  Looks like maybe my cube will be delivered tomorrow (hopefully).  I'll make sure to look inside and do all the prep maintenance.

This is the second time that USPS has cost me time like this with a cube.  Meh.

Cryptsy Exchange        bcmon: Monitor all your miners in one place!            BTC tips: 1GY9wmMmw1E7DPLzQXt4UPuEuHQN29PixD
SilentSonicBoom (OP)

View Profile WWW
December 27, 2013, 04:48:16 PM

12/27/13 Cubes have not arrived as of this morning. They may show up later this afternoon. I will update tomorrow if refunds are to be issued as an option. SSB

crudpuppy

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:35:03 PM

Anyone help with why my cube will got to high clock then seems to auto reset to low after a while.  Does it auto reset if too hot or something?

██████████████████████ ▀▄ Platio ▄▀ ██████████████████████
[TELEGRAM]│Smart Banking Ecosystem for crypto, fiat and│[FACEBOOK]
[TWITTER] │stocks, based on EOS blockchain technology │ [MEDIUM]
bgibso01
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 06:59:23 PM

Anyone help with why my cube will got to high clock then seems to auto reset to low after a while.  Does it auto reset if too hot or something?

I'm sure you've tried it, but on the off chance, have you applied the settings after changing the clock settings.  I've read before that they will revert back if not saved.
xzempt

Activity: 504
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 27, 2013, 07:30:47 PM

after 4 power supplies smoked,    cube will finally run on low clock only using a corsair 750 psu,   it will not run on high clock setting....   something is definitely wrong with my cube....   if i could see friedcat in person i'd happily tell him where he could put this cube for long term storage.....

broketech

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 12:51:51 AM

on hold, bummer man.

Sysadmin - Troubleshooter - Armchair Debugger
BTC: 1PCocLTxLJP4L1d1Gigjhxoy2WypifA4Cy - UN: uQAR2PhjtdvNvbbh4JC4wJdx3SCh2W4xB4 - SKC: SR81M5iqLkRB6PjZgkpNkpz1G7KmY3zceL
xjack

Activity: 539
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:10:54 AM

after 4 power supplies smoked,    cube will finally run on low clock only using a corsair 750 psu,   it will not run on high clock setting....   something is definitely wrong with my cube....   if i could see friedcat in person i'd happily tell him where he could put this cube for long term storage.....

Seems to be a trend...  I just got my unit, it came in a mess.  Every card out of alignment, every heatsink loose.  Main PCB is scraped along the edge where it was jammed into the case, fortunately it only hit the untraced copper.  One blade pcb has a soft corner (smashed or dropped?).

Won't hash on high setting using a Corsair CX750.  Swapped it out with the same model CX750 that's been hashing fine on another unit - same results.  Will get it taken apart to find the bad board.

SSB, does friedcat warrant these if they don't hash on high?  Running 32.3 on cube, 30 at pool.

xjack - 1xjackDMgJCLn1LDtbgh51DYw6uRgeHVb
Reputation thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=482124.0
Megabit monster

Activity: 126

Will work for BitCoins

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:33:21 AM

Yeah quite honestly I'd like a refund if this cube won't hash on high which it won't along with many other people it seems. Is that possible?

Cisco CCNP + CCIE Written. Open to various networking/VOIP related projects. 
Accept bitcoin for payments. Extensive successful project history.
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 01:38:40 AM

Seems to be a trend...  I just got my unit, it came in a mess.  Every card out of alignment, every heatsink loose.  Main PCB is scraped along the edge where it was jammed into the case, fortunately it only hit the untraced copper.  One blade pcb has a soft corner (smashed or dropped?).

Won't hash on high setting using a Corsair CX750.  Swapped it out with the same model CX750 that's been hashing fine on another unit - same results.  Will get it taken apart to find the bad board.

SSB, does friedcat warrant these if they don't hash on high?  Running 32.3 on cube, 30 at pool.
My cube doesnt hash on high either.
mstang83

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:21:11 AM

My cube doesnt hash on high either.

I have to start all mine on low speed and once they are running, log into them and hit the clock button to high but not save that settings just in case I need to power cycle later. Will continue running in high clock. If I start them in high clock, they never start. They just x out. Using Thermaltake 850W power supplies.

stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 05:29:54 AM

When I click on high clock, the cube slows down and then it's all xxxx. I then have to wait like 10 mins and restart a few times. Thn randomly after a few restarts it works. Just throwing this again if someone else is seeing the same and there's a solution.
mstang83

Activity: 171

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:44:09 AM

When I click on high clock, the cube slows down and then it's all xxxx. I then have to wait like 10 mins and restart a few times. Thn randomly after a few restarts it works. Just throwing this again if someone else is seeing the same and there's a solution.

Do you have only one cube on a single power supply? I had 3 cubes on one 850w power supply and they would have the same symptoms.

stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 06:51:14 AM

Do you have only one cube on a single power supply? I had 3 cubes on one 850w power supply and they would have the same symptoms.
1 cube on 1 PSU.
hayseed

Activity: 240

View Profile
December 28, 2013, 02:14:08 PM

1 cube on 1 PSU.

I am seeing same issue. 1 cube 1 CX500 PS. click high, cube slows and chips begin x'ing till all x'ed. have to turn off, wait a few mins, then turn on to bring back to low speed.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0092ML0MY/ref=oh_details_o03_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: