Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:46:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Group Buy #31 ASICMiner Cubes 0.35 BTC 28-38GH/s  (Read 50020 times)
J_Dubbs

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 02:59:04 AM

Can anyone tell me if these need to be plugged in to a computer to mine. If i can use the computer to set it up and leave it mining by itself that would be great

I would suggest you run the proxy on a raspberry pi instead. Runs great 24/7. This way you dont have to keep your PC up all the time.

I tried Minepeon with a Raspberry and my rejected share rate was significantly higher. I think if you use bfgminer and Raspian it might work better(?). I dunno, for me there were problems using anything other than Slush's proxy, something to do with long poll support and the cubes, even bfgminer as proxy on PC wasn't allowing long poll support. Fwiw, you might want to check the rejected shares in the cube webUI.

I run it with bfgminer as proxy on raspbian. It turns out to be run fine for me. The rejected shares stay around 0.03% all the time.

Were you able to get static IP working on Raspian without using wifi? On MinePeon it's all messed up, I can only get static IP to work with a mini wifi adapter. I have a second Rpi kicking around and want to use it, but I don't want to buy another WiFi adapter, considering Raspian with BFGminer if the static ip setup works. Also, is it stable 24/7?
CloudzEye

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:52:43 AM

Can anyone tell me if these need to be plugged in to a computer to mine. If i can use the computer to set it up and leave it mining by itself that would be great

I would suggest you run the proxy on a raspberry pi instead. Runs great 24/7. This way you dont have to keep your PC up all the time.

I tried Minepeon with a Raspberry and my rejected share rate was significantly higher. I think if you use bfgminer and Raspian it might work better(?). I dunno, for me there were problems using anything other than Slush's proxy, something to do with long poll support and the cubes, even bfgminer as proxy on PC wasn't allowing long poll support. Fwiw, you might want to check the rejected shares in the cube webUI.

I run it with bfgminer as proxy on raspbian. It turns out to be run fine for me. The rejected shares stay around 0.03% all the time.

Were you able to get static IP working on Raspian without using wifi? On MinePeon it's all messed up, I can only get static IP to work with a mini wifi adapter. I have a second Rpi kicking around and want to use it, but I don't want to buy another WiFi adapter, considering Raspian with BFGminer if the static ip setup works. Also, is it stable 24/7?

I am not sure on this. My router automatically assign ip to devices statically. I have tried different OS, reformat, reboot on the same device but I got back the same ip regardless. You should tried it out first. I previously run 20x USB Block Erupter 24/7 on 2 rpi for 5 months without any problem. I also have another rpi running 5 Red Fury and another for a Cube.  So far has been running for weeks without problem.
J_Dubbs

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 08:57:36 AM

I am not sure on this. My router automatically assign ip to devices statically. I have tried different OS, reformat, reboot on the same device but I got back the same ip regardless. You should tried it out first. I previously run 20x USB Block Erupter 24/7 on 2 rpi for 5 months without any problem. I also have another rpi running 5 Red Fury and another for a Cube.  So far has been running for weeks without problem.

Nice, I decided to stop being a cheap ass and ponied up the $10 for another wifi thingy, gives me more freedom and frees up a port on my switch. So tempted to buy another damn cube lol...
CloudzEye

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 09:21:33 AM

Nice, I decided to stop being a cheap ass and ponied up the $10 for another wifi thingy, gives me more freedom and frees up a port on my switch. So tempted to buy another damn cube lol...

Yeah, I am tempted to buy another as well but too bad I am short of a few more satoshi. I have no other choice of exchange but Coinbase and I have to wait a week for 0.05BTC. lol... Also, you can't believe that I actually have to rework the whole damn house electricity wiring and network for this 1 damn cube. Definitely need another router and a higher amp fuse.  Undecided
udaredme

Activity: 104
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:21:20 PM

This is so tempting indeed..I might have to pick one up on payday...
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 03:24:17 PM

What Wifi device are you using for these?  I'm in the market for one, too!
artbatista

Activity: 158
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2014, 04:47:35 PM

Yeah, I am tempted to buy another as well but too bad I am short of a few more satoshi. I have no other choice of exchange but Coinbase and I have to wait a week for 0.05BTC. lol... Also, you can't believe that I actually have to rework the whole damn house electricity wiring and network for this 1 damn cube. Definitely need another router and a higher amp fuse.  Undecided

Same here. I was already waiting for  Coinbase to credit the BTC I bought. I just can't understand why it takes them two days after the money is out if my account , 5 days total.

I'll be buying one Monday night.

Art

PARAGON
|||| REVOLUTIONIZING THE CANNABIS INDUSTRY ||||
PARAGONCOIN.COM | WHITEPAPER | BOUNTY CAMPAIGN | FACEBOOK | INSTAGRAM
notlist3d
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:29:41 PM

Great customer service.  He has went above and beyond on his service level.  Thanks once again SSB!
stex2009
Legendary

Activity: 1134

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:37:12 PM

Such a good price, SSB. just bought 2 for 0.8 a few days back used from someone here. Only if I had waited 2 days!
TracerX

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 05:58:32 PM

Great customer service.  He has went above and beyond on his service level.  Thanks once again SSB!

Yeah man, SSB has always, always treated me and my orders professionally.  I'll second this!
J_Dubbs

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 06:10:03 PM

Edimax

It's pretty much the most commonly recommended that I've seen...
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
January 26, 2014, 07:48:57 PM

Yeah man, SSB has always, always treated me and my orders professionally.  I'll second this!
Completely agree!
TracerX

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 03:03:14 AM

Edimax

Cheers for that, I'll check them out now.
J_Dubbs

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 04:19:54 AM

What Wifi device are you using for these?  I'm in the market for one, too!

Edimax

Cheers for that, I'll check them out now.

Just keep in mind, you gotta go into settings and tell it to automatically connect and you need to add some setting code into the devices thing. It's been a while, but there are guides online for configuring. One thing they won't tell you is give it some time to warm up, mine takes 30 seconds or so to automatically connect and grab it's assigned IP, but it never fails and it's steady. When I first got it I thought I was doing something wrong, or thought it wouldn't connect automatically, in the end I just wasn't giving it enough time...
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 05:20:32 AM

so which wireless bridge are you guys using to connect the cube? Whats the cheapest/best option I have that I can quickly get from a B&M store.
J_Dubbs

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:24:31 AM

so which wireless bridge are you guys using to connect the cube? Whats the cheapest/best option I have that I can quickly get from a B&M store.

Not sure who you are asking, but I was using a bridged WiFi connection on a laptop and the network got too congested, or it basically started acting shitty... Anyways, I got a TPLink powerline kit for like $40, router to wall on one end, wall to switch on the other; works awesome, cheap, steady, good speed, and I don't need to mess with any long wires.
stex2009
Legendary

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:40:26 AM

Not sure who you are asking, but I was using a bridged WiFi connection on a laptop and the network got too congested, or it basically started acting shitty... Anyways, I got a TPLink powerline kit for like $40, router to wall on one end, wall to switch on the other; works awesome, cheap, steady, good speed, and I don't need to mess with any long wires.
Yes, this one looks pretty good. I had my cube in my living room for a long. I want to move it to my basement but do not have a direct link to Ethernet port there for internet.
CloudzEye

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 06:44:25 AM

I thought of getting one of these to ease the job as well but arent they suppose to run on the same circuit?
J_Dubbs

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 07:20:18 AM

I thought of getting one of these to ease the job as well but arent they suppose to run on the same circuit?

I'm in an apartment, it's a 1br but I've got about 10 breaker switches in my utility closet. I've got these things on separate breakers on opposite sides of the main room and it still works. It's a gamble worth taking, just buy from a seller that will allow return, easy enough to explain if it doesn't work with your wiring. I thought the same thing but decided to give it a shot, glad I did, thing works like magic!
CloudzEye

View Profile
January 27, 2014, 08:43:02 AM

I'm in an apartment, it's a 1br but I've got about 10 breaker switches in my utility closet. I've got these things on separate breakers on opposite sides of the main room and it still works. It's a gamble worth taking, just buy from a seller that will allow return, easy enough to explain if it doesn't work with your wiring. I thought the same thing but decided to give it a shot, glad I did, thing works like magic!

Aight definitely will give it a shot. Really hate to pull wire all around the place. Angry
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 »
  Print  

Jump to: