Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:18:01 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 155 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is it better to buy during ICO or Market?  (Read 84855 times)
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3206
Merit: 1198

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:34:13 PM

Well it depends on the project. Mostly is better to have both investments ICO and after ICO to make sure you have two different price entries and by doing this you support the team and project a lot and hold even the in the darkest days of cryptos.

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
Usui-Kun

Activity: 224
Merit: 10

Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:36:29 PM

It depends on the coin and the campaign, on how successful the campaign was. If you research enough on the project then you might be able to tell whether a campaign is going to be successful and when it would actually be. If it takes time for it to implement its platform then buying in the market is the best way to earn from it.

anthinguy21

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

OPEN GAMING PLATFORM

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:36:38 PM

I think this depends on the potential of each project. If you can analyze ICO thoroughly, then I believe that choosing a potential project will be simple. Buying at the time of ICO profit will not be as high as when purchasing at private sale Smiley) So if you find a potential project, you should buy Token as soon as possible to get more profit after ICO going market.

IloveDigibyte

Activity: 303
Merit: 100

POS / PRIMENODES

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:38:06 PM

Investing in ICO is riskier then investing in already working project. But when investing in ICO you get 30%, 50% or even 100% bonus.

Lpim01

Activity: 700
Merit: 117

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:44:22 PM

I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

It is noticeable that a value of a certain coin may dump after the end of ICO or once it get released in the market for trading.  Just because a lot of dumpers getting roughly to sell their coins fast, this is the right time to buy those cause it is normally below price. The only advantage of buying tokens during ICO is the bonuses they given to us and nothing more.
johnsaributua

Activity: 882
Merit: 265

#SWGT PRE-SALE IS LIVE

View Profile WWW
March 13, 2018, 11:49:11 PM

I think so too, if you want to buy coin with a cheap price, better buy it at the time of ICO or pre-sale, because then the price is cheap and usually a lot of bonus of purchases.

.SWG.io.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄

▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█

``█████████████████▄▄
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄
````````````````````▀██▄
```▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄███
``````▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄```▄▄▄▄▄``▄███
``````````````````▄██▀
```````````████████████▄
````````````````````▀▀███
`````````▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄████
```▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
`▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄``▄▄▄▄▄▄`````███
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀████
```````````````````▄▄████
``▀▀▀▀▀``▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████
██``███████████████▀▀

FIRST LISTING
CONFIRMED

kier010

Activity: 532

View Profile
March 13, 2018, 11:56:01 PM

the price of undervalued ICOs token are lower compared to their ICOs price after it is finished running. that is why investor are afraid to invest in them because they new this will be gonna happen. project that are yet to be implemented or in development or undervalued are less in demand so the price is lower.
bitcoinbox

Activity: 675
Merit: 254

So far so good

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:06:34 AM

A year ago, many projects had a price that never fell below the ICO price. Today the situation is very different.
You will be extremely lucky to select a project whose price does not fall below that of the ICO.
oneidentity

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 12:12:57 AM

At present, while the market is in decline, it is better to buy on the market. Since the absolute majority of coins that go on sale to the ambassador are traded on the exchange in two or even three times cheaper.
aeternus

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:34:15 AM

I noticed that many investors were afraid to buy during ICO because their reason they are cheaper can be bought on market. Especially when they found out  that a large percentage is allotted in the bounty program. Many Bounty Hunters  immediately selling token/coin even lower than the ICO price.

#Datarius

In my opinion, the best option is to buy in the market and not buy at ICO. At the present time, there are so many ICOs that make us capital losses and their staff is so bad.
Their project completely failed and the value of altcoin was lower than at ICO. So the safe plan is to invest in the market and not invest in the ICO. Investment in ICO will be risky and very easy to lose capital.
Right now the problem with buying during the ico has to do with dealing with know your customer policies I know that I will not send my documents to any single it ico, I refuse to give up my information that means that I no longer have any kind of choice I need to wait until the ico is over and wait for the open market sometimes I get lucky and I can get coins very cheap sometimes it's the other way around and at that point I will prefer to not invest in the ico.
askmecrypto

Activity: 406
Merit: 109

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:41:07 AM

#Datarius

This is true, but again it depends upon the project you are looking into.
I usually stay away from investing myself where I find high bounty and bonus allocation, as it may give you a better opportunity to buy from the market. On the other hand, there are certain good projects which sometimes have 0 bounties, or 0 bonus allocation with no pre-sale, such projects are much more tempting to invest during ICOs
Bitcoincole

Activity: 504
Merit: 102

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 01:46:24 AM

At present, while the market is in decline, it is better to buy on the market. Since the absolute majority of coins that go on sale to the ambassador are traded on the exchange in two or even three times cheaper.

Yes, i agree with you mate at this moment having a decline value in a market is a big chances to buy a top contender in a coinmarket list because of the chances you can get a huge profit ahead when the promising value grant this year 2018.
aussiesloth

Activity: 266
Merit: 41

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:06:35 AM

While some bounty hunters do indeed sell immediately, causing a postICO price drop, you can still generally still pickup a cheaper overall price if you get your tokens during preICO when the discounts or bonus tokens are a significant percentage better than the main sale price.  Of course, you could also use the postICO price drop to top up your holdings, as there are only so many tokens in the hands of bounty hunters, and once they're gone, the price should start to head back up.

Of course, there's also a risk of the ICO being a scam, but if you do your research and due diligence, it should minimise the risks.
manggis97

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 02:08:22 AM

This is depend on the fundamental of the project, but now many project failed and the price of the token below ICO price when entered to the market. To protect investor from lose should be developer of that project make payment of bounty reward by Ethereum or Bitcoin so the price not dumped by bounty hunter. And investor also should be smart when make investment in ICO by look in to token supply for dev, bounty reward and for investor and the purpose of the project.

Hellboy18

Activity: 68
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2018, 02:23:36 AM

Probably like the idea of checking the ICO first, and decide wether to invest or not, in most cases, dumping will occur when token hits the market.
ImGenius

Activity: 314

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 04:30:12 AM

Well it depends on the project. Mostly is better to have both investments ICO and after ICO to make sure you have two different price entries and by doing this you support the team and project a lot and hold even the in the darkest days of cryptos.

Yes, you can do both. Before or after the ICO because the process is still the same. You just make sure that you will be investing when the market value is okay, so that you will get high profit after.
Jonnitor

Activity: 378
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:00:47 AM

for me it is better to buy during ICO than on the market because sometimes the price is higher in the market once listed. So if you are eager to invest in the project, during ICO is your time to buy.
Geoll29

Activity: 266

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:18:38 AM

The price is usually lower during the ICO. It is better to buy at this time. Prices tend to go up after a while and that means earnings for us. We just need to be careful on which ICO to choose as this will be the outcome on whatever actions we take.

Bttzed03
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1149

https://bitcoincleanup.com/

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:22:54 AM

#Datarius

You never really know which one is better. It will depend on the situation. Yes, some bounty hunters would easily dump their bounties at a cheaper price but that does not happen all the time. 
NathanJB

Activity: 756
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 14, 2018, 06:31:00 AM

#Datarius

Perhaps you are only referring to some people who invest in ICOs with a smaller amount. The larger ICO investors do not wait for the coins to be offered in the market. As a matter of fact, they will be the early birds in the whitelists of the ICOs. But they do not invest the way many of us are probably investing here. Many of us here would not put the project in which we are investing under a very serious processes of scrutiny. I think we only take a quick look at the team or at the website or even at the whitepaper and then everything ends there. Large ICO investors would probably put everything into a series of more serious assessments.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 155 »
  Print  

Jump to: