Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 07:07:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining , still worth it?  (Read 7270 times)
TheLordDSK (OP)

Activity: 77
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:32:35 AM

Some contacts IRL i know from years ago are mining with 10 computers since last year, i said them it is not worth it nowadays but they still trust in the system.

I personally think 10 computers this days is not enough to make mining worth it as the price of electrycity in my country is high and mining consume a lot of it.

What do you guys think about it?
edwardceng

Activity: 266
Merit: 50

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:10:09 PM

Depending on what coins and algorithm that mined by them. Some of the CPU-based coins still profitable till now, but am not too sure how much electricity cost in your Country. Test it first using CPU-Based coin online calculator (+- 10% accurate) then calculating with electricity cost.

MrN1ce9uy

Activity: 155
Merit: 11

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 01:17:33 PM

No, go away.

*It would depend on your cost of electricity.
yommey

Activity: 97
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:27:26 PM

Mining of bitcoin and other top coins are not really for those with small money.  I think if you wanna go into mining now you have to be in a country with cheap electricity or you are the type that count on renewable energy source like solar.  With that and huge finance it will be worth a shot.
rdluffy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1349

View Profile WWW
March 06, 2018, 03:55:33 PM

If you already have the GPUs and have a decent price on energy, ok

But start now, with current prices, no way

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK  
          100%   MULTICHARGER  
CryptoFlamingo

Activity: 82

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:13:03 PM

Can be, it depends on lot´s of different factors... I read about worthless mining from 2014 and lot´s of it is just bullshit... I began with mining 1,5 year ago and I am in nice profit Smiley
Digital Drug Lord

Activity: 294
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:24:45 PM

1 1080ti  STRUGGLES to make $3 a day....

1 VEGA 64 STRUGGLES to make $3 a day....

the days that these cards made $15 a day are long gone and they wont be coming back....

think about that and ask yourself if its worth it
Ultegra134

Activity: 1596
Merit: 782

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:28:58 PM

If you already have the GPUs and have a decent price on energy, ok

But start now, with current prices, no way
Exactly, if you already have the hardware and your power costs are excessive, go for it. Do not currently invest into buying hardware etc, you are running the risk of either losing your investment or taking ages to succeed ROI (Return of Investment).

I've been mining since June, there was a recent spike during Christmas for quite a while but now it has gone down again. I am only making 1/4 of what I used to.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:55:50 PM

I don't know why people give this guy serious replies.  Lets start with the fact that his personal text advertises "renting" EU Paypal accounts.  Hilarious that he knows guys "in real life" mining with 10 computers, he tells them its not worth it but obviously has no clue, so he comes to the foum and asks.  The fact that he gives zero info about their setup shows he is clueless.

There is an old weight lifting saying me and my buddies go by "those  who say it cant be done shouldn't get in the way of  those who are getting it done."
ugulu

Activity: 5

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:30:51 PM

I don't know why people give this guy serious replies.  Lets start with the fact that his personal text advertises "renting" EU Paypal accounts.  Hilarious that he knows guys "in real life" mining with 10 computers, he tells them its not worth it but obviously has no clue, so he comes to the foum and asks.  The fact that he gives zero info about their setup shows he is clueless.

There is an old weight lifting saying me and my buddies go by "those  who say it cant be done shouldn't get in the way of  those who are getting it done."

hahaha so true
budong

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:02:57 PM

I don't think it's a good time to dig a mine. It's like a fund. It's a very profitable, unconditional implementation.

MfzbCoin

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:15:29 PM

If you like you dig, in the long run, always make money, but sometimes you have to put up with short-term losses and hope you are strong enough.
nxtcoin50888

Activity: 251
Merit: 103

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 06:40:25 PM

It's never out of date to dig, dig, everyone has to have a bitcoin, and you've been there for the good of the world.

T r a x i o n                              TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY        Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
GITHUB     TELEGRAM     MEDIUM     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     REDDIT     YOUTUBE
flip4flop

Activity: 378
Merit: 135

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 07:34:52 PM

People that say it’s over and the good old days are never coming back. They also said that prior to the spike in novemeber and December. No one knows what the future holds. Profits are meh right now and they could get worse, but they also could get better. The best course of action is to do research into what you think will happen. Really put in the time and read white papers, technical analysis, look at the trends and come up with your own conclusions. This is really the best way to make a decision regarding mining. Some people want to spread doomsday information to try and get people to stop mining so profits go up. Others want to help people get into the space to grow crypto as a whole or profit off them via referral links. Doing your own research will get you the best non biased view of the market.
TheLordDSK (OP)

Activity: 77

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 04:33:44 PM

I don't know why people give this guy serious replies.  Lets start with the fact that his personal text advertises "renting" EU Paypal accounts.  Hilarious that he knows guys "in real life" mining with 10 computers, he tells them its not worth it but obviously has no clue, so he comes to the foum and asks.  The fact that he gives zero info about their setup shows he is clueless.

There is an old weight lifting saying me and my buddies go by "those  who say it cant be done shouldn't get in the way of  those who are getting it done."

If you gonna give me that kind of answers then GTFO man.

I am not into the mining thing, i am an investor rookie and interested more in investing and trading btc than in mining.
ManicMiner23

Activity: 38

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 07:43:04 PM

Mining, still worth it?

It depends, but is easy to do the math, just make an excel sheet, put the cost of the gpu's or asics hardware, electricity cost, monthly revenue, and you will have the answer. For someone with free or lowcost electricity will be more profitable than someone that is on a country where electricity is expensive, taxes are also something to take in account.

We need to take in account another key factor, the price of the coins, and no one knows what will happen in the future, maybe you mine, you hold the mined coins and these coins will have a value of 5x or 300x in one year from now o maybe the value will be something close to zero, who knows.

Until now the price of bitcoins just went up, and up, and up, but now bitcoin and other coins are facing some key decissions, first is the regulation, on some countries transactions in crypto are banned, in other places are accepted.

Still worth it?, there's no a clear answer, you need to know like any other investment if you can get an high return you will also need to accept high risk.

Metroid

Activity: 2142
Merit: 353

Xtreme Monster

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:06:03 PM

Is only worth if you think your $0.10 cents coin per card per day will become a $1.00 coin per card per day in the future. Well your $0.10 cents coin per card per day can also become a $0.01 cent coin per card per day in the future. It works both ways, down or up.

BTC Address: 1DH4ok85VdFAe47fSVXNVctxkFhUv4ujbR
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:27:04 PM

here some advice instead of coming on here asking is mining worth it still like some lazy fucking noob that didn't care to do some research, people like you post bullshit posts like this every single week and multiple times so much that its quite annoying, all your doing is spamming the forum with a useless thread when theres LOTS OF THEM ALREADY OUT THERE, if you had of done some research you wouldn't be coming on here like some idiot noob asking a really stupid question that you would have answered YOURSELF

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
CryptoWatcher420

Activity: 462
Merit: 258

Small Time Miner, Rig Builder, Crypto Trader

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:29:53 PM

I don't know why people give this guy serious replies.  Lets start with the fact that his personal text advertises "renting" EU Paypal accounts.  Hilarious that he knows guys "in real life" mining with 10 computers, he tells them its not worth it but obviously has no clue, so he comes to the foum and asks.  The fact that he gives zero info about their setup shows he is clueless.

There is an old weight lifting saying me and my buddies go by "those  who say it cant be done shouldn't get in the way of  those who are getting it done."

If you gonna give me that kind of answers then GTFO man.

I am not into the mining thing, i am an investor rookie and interested more in investing and trading btc than in mining.

your not a miner huh, then what the fuck are you doing here asking that kind of question hmm? how about you GTFO man take that shit elsewhere. YOU are the one that asked a redundantly stupid question that is asked many many times per week by noobs like yourself. you have not a reason to get mad just cause you didn't get the answers you were looking for handed to you like a lazy ass

6pin to EPS 12v 4+4pin w/pigtail & 2.5mm barrel plug for Pico Psu for SERVER PSU ONLY GPU MINING RIGS! | Donations: BTC-  | Join Me on Discord! https://discord.gg/VDwWFcK
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 08:37:59 PM

Some contacts IRL i know from years ago are mining with 10 computers since last year, i said them it is not worth it nowadays but they still trust in the system.

I personally think 10 computers this days is not enough to make mining worth it as the price of electrycity in my country is high and mining consume a lot of it.

What do you guys think about it?

It does not matter if you had 1 or 10 competers. The only thing  matters - electricity costs. Mining of bitcoin and some  altcoins - profitable  now. It means you gain a bit more then spend. But. Buying new equipment now - is a totally mad decision.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: