Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:41:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining , still worth it?  (Read 7270 times)
maxmeme

Activity: 39
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:03:07 PM

Another possibility is the ETH will get pumped again to 2k while BTC remains at it is or hit around 10 to 15k by the end of this year.
BennyT

Activity: 259
Merit: 108

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:07:36 PM

Another possibility is the ETH will get pumped again to 2k while BTC remains at it is or hit around 10 to 15k by the end of this year.

Lots of possibilities. Long term the coins will increase. We’ve seen this up and down roller coaster over a dozen times now. Each time, people think crypto and mining are dead. Each time they’ve been wrong.
Piskeante

Activity: 924
Merit: 15

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:07:45 PM

eth will enter PoS in just 4 months. So it's not possible to consider ETH as a long-term investment. Miners will have to quit mining ETH in just 4 months. There is no future for this.,

BTC no more than 6k by end of 2019. ETH no more than 300$ by end 2019. Huge market manipulation, huge amount of scammers and hypers.
2alt

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:22:55 PM

No way.

It only hit $1400 because after BTC surged end of 2017, whales then pumped ETH. Its not going anywhere close to that until BTC is way up. I do think ETH will hit $1400 again, but not in the near future. We have to wait for BTC to finish dumping, then go up 5k+ or so without a drought to see ETH pumped again.

BTC topped out on Dec 18th. Check ETH what started to happen at that exact moment.

Crypto is dead in 2018 times to face it

It might get pumped towards the end of the year again

But do you really want to spend $8000 on a mining rig so each 1080ti can make $1 a day?

I have more than one 6gpu 1080ti rigs and I didn't spend half that on the entire rig ... Lol.  Fuck no I would never spend 8K on a 1080ti mining rig.

I just did a calculation on 12 card 1070ti rig and $7300. This is with each card used at $550, the rest new parts.

I wouldn't really recommend it to buy today. You technically would be able to make money, but not worth the effort. However, if you have rigs already keep them running.
lushlifing

Activity: 196
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:37:10 PM

some says yes
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:45:56 PM

some says yes

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
lushlifing

Activity: 196

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 02:48:10 PM

Lots of possibilities. Long term the coins will increase. We’ve seen this up and down roller coaster over a dozen times now. Each time, people think crypto and mining are dead. Each time they’ve been wrong.

same as thinking bitcoin as a whole is dead
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:39:59 PM

some says yes

They are teasing you for  sure. Don't get them trick you!
dimpsk

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 03:46:21 PM

Not exactly. Alcoins are falling into dust and ashes but bitcoin  do not seems so week. Because it's standing on the levels of mining  profitability.
Max Likelihood

Activity: 140
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 05:55:58 PM

Listen, to OP or whoever else is seriously considering this question, let me suggest something. I got in probably during the last period it was sensible and will ROI soon even with this market climate, but it is timing. I almost certainly wouldn't jump in now at any kind of scale or with any expectations of making serious money.

If you're determined to do it now, go in small time to support some POW project you believe in and look at it as a hobby that might make a bit of pizza money. That way, you can get out quickly if you don't like it and sell off 1 or 2 cards without insane losses if you don't overpay for them, or scale up if things turn around. It would be wise to think about the next gen consensus approaches and how one could generate passive income through staking master nodes, etc. if that is your goal.
dimpsk

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 06:09:13 PM

Listen, to OP or whoever else is seriously considering this question, let me suggest something. I got in probably during the last period it was sensible and will ROI soon even with this market climate, but it is timing. I almost certainly wouldn't jump in now at any kind of scale or with any expectations of making serious money.

If you're determined to do it now, go in small time to support some POW project you believe in and look at it as a hobby that might make a bit of pizza money. That way, you can get out quickly if you don't like it and sell off 1 or 2 cards without insane losses if you don't overpay for them, or scale up if things turn around. It would be wise to think about the next gen consensus approaches and how one could generate passive income through staking master nodes, etc. if that is your goal.

Staking masternode usually means big money to invest. One could not compare it with investment in one or two GPU. It is near investing in dozen farms.
ann_82

Activity: 378
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:11:32 PM

It's still worth it You must be calculate the expenditure for electrical energy and income from the block you have received into money and accumulate all costs including internet connection, mining the coin that still receives rewards with some blocks in it so you will benefit. The first month you can not pay off, but after 3-6 months you will start to go out in a small +
dimpsk

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 07:51:09 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 08:18:26 PM by dimpsk

It's still worth it You must be calculate the expenditure for electrical energy and income from the block you have received into money and accumulate all costs including internet connection, mining the coin that still receives rewards with some blocks in it so you will benefit. The first month you can not pay off, but after 3-6 months you will start to go out in a small +

You're kidding me. Now the numbers of  how they call it - CR (capital return) are 2 years with free electricity and 3 years with $0.1 / kWt/h costs.
It means - that if you bought  your  equipment now on your savings (there is no talk about loans of course) - it tooks from 2 up to 3 years to return your capital.
Of course it is true if the  prices will not fall further and difficulty will not rise. So speaking frankly it is much closer to NEVER.
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:12:58 PM
Last edit: March 18, 2018, 08:32:25 PM by toptek

Mining , still worth it?

That depends and will all ways depend on you and what you want mining to do for you . during the good times and bad times and mining has those moments that's what makes it so much fun .

to me it was never not worth it. I miss doing it, if i stop .  I'm saying this to PISS off the up tight ass holes who think its not smart saying: ROI,, hahahaha I'm smart and you can be,an act wide have fun and not be so uptight .. if it bugs, you that much i don't know what to say because im not gonna stop saying it,I don't care how much you want me to .

CR reminds OF EQ, if any one here played that game they know what i mean. that was a EQ term at one time, man do i miss those day .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
bluecoinX

Activity: 126
Merit: 11

Borderless for the People, Frictionless for the Ba

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:13:51 PM

It's hard to dig bitcoin, it's hard, and it's better to buy some bitcoins and keep it.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
toptek
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:23:53 PM

It's hard to dig bitcoin, it's hard, and it's better to buy some bitcoins and keep it.

if your trying to mine BTC aka Bitcoins it can't be done with GPU's any more, i started mining when you could use GPU mining BTC on slushpool  . i adjusted every one has to or you gonna be left behind dong this kind of stuff.

at one time you could use CPU .

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
gwestcot

Activity: 794
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 08:44:01 PM

Honestly, I think this is 2013 all over again. There is about to be a lot of cheap GPU's on the market and profitability will be down for awhile. Making money will be more long term in that you will mine and hold rather than selling. But that is only for those that have the luxury to do so.
blockchange88

Activity: 141
Merit: 4

ethereum is a fork of ethereum classic.

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:36:45 PM

if your trying to mine BTC aka Bitcoins it can't be done with GPU's any more, i started mining when you could use GPU mining BTC on slushpool  . i adjusted every one has to or you gonna be left behind dong this kind of stuff.

at one time you could use CPU .

you must be swimming in coins.
QuintLeo
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1030

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 10:44:26 PM

Not exactly. Alcoins are falling into dust and ashes but bitcoin  do not seems so week. Because it's standing on the levels of mining  profitability.

Price drives mining profitiability, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND.
Also, ETH has been holding on to it's price better than Bitcoin since mid-January (dropped 50% from ATH vs over 60%), Litecoin is still up some vs Bitcoin since then, a few other altcoins have been holding on AS WELL as Bitcoin.

I'm no longer legendary just in my own mind!
Like something I said? Donations gratefully accepted. LYLnTKvLefz9izJFUvEGQEZzSkz34b3N6U (Litecoin)
1GYbjMTPdCuV7dci3iCUiaRrcNuaiQrVYY (Bitcoin)
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
March 18, 2018, 11:25:26 PM

Maybe you didn't use the right shovel.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: