Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:21:47 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Mining , still worth it?  (Read 7270 times)
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:15:08 AM

Not worth it these days. There are too many asic miners available for sale. ROI is too risky as new stronger machines keep appearing.

In short, btc price boomed 8-10x last year. That allowed a good amount of asics to be sold.
Bitcoin isnt booming in price this year and it cannot boom 8-10x yearly.
So, there will be excess unsold asics. Such as the case now as u can see. This push profitability down to low levels and there is a higher risk of not being able to break even.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
leonix007

Activity: 1008
Merit: 297

Grow with community

View Profile
April 16, 2018, 12:37:39 AM

Depends how much risk you are willing to take.

Mining is less risky, because youre investing into computer hardware that mostly maintains its re-sale value

Its always been my opinion that its easier to invest into a coin you believe in, then to buy, setup and maintain miners.

Mining does support the strength of the network and keeps another copy of the blockchain,
so as an investor its probably in your best interest to help support that for the coins you believe in.

One of the main goals of a miners is to have the worth of the coins mined be higher than the cost of electricity to mine them.
So that way a profit is being made.

I think mining is still totally worth it
Id start with a CPU ONLY coin like BiblePay

Totally worth  it Huh Cheesy
Of course no.
But somehow somewere may be ... Depends on many conditions.

At todays price, yep, still worth it, don't know when will it last

seeing Green bars since last week, a good indicators of Crypto price back to rise

if you know what you're doing, they can now give you a decent return

btw I'm into GPU mining
gotminer

Activity: 644
Merit: 24

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:52:14 AM

Two newbie shilling machines right above me  Grin Grin Grin

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
adaseb
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 1723

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:19:18 AM

We are in the middle right now of whether "is mining worth it or not"

Last 2 weeks it was very unprofitable due to the low ETH price.

Right now since ETH is rebounding it's looking better but the difficulty can still hurt us.

So if you got a rig, it's wise to continue but wait and see first if you want to buy more GPUs.
Sandal_Hat

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:46:44 AM
Last edit: April 20, 2018, 08:27:28 AM by Sandal_Hat

Right now since ETH is rebounding it's looking better but the difficulty can still hurt us.

So if you got a rig, it's wise to continue but wait and see first if you want to buy more GPUs.

Actually, if u just buy bitcoin at 800 bucks in jan 2017 or 2000-4000 usd in jun to august 2017, u would make 10x or 2-4x profit now. Mining would not have made that much or close to it even with free electricity. Right now, mining difficulty increases too fast. So, good luck to miners. The good news is GPU can be bought again at amazon at lower prices these days.

Selling 100 dollar coupons (8units expire 11th June, 14 units expire 1st july) and 125 dollar coupon (2 unit exp 30th June). Selling at 20% of value
dimpsk

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:49:21 AM

Actually, if u just buy bitcoin at 800 bucks in jan 2017 or 200-4000 usd in jun to august 2017, u would make 10x or 2-4x profit now. Mining would not have made that much or close to it even with free electricity. Right now, mining difficulty increases too fast. So, good luck to miners. The good news is GPU can be bought again at amazon at lower prices these days.

Yep, it doesnot  worth it now. Just buy bitcoin if ya had money.
dimpsk

Activity: 112

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:52:56 AM

Marinecoin's - Bitcoin and Ethereum have a bright future. But in that there are some limited bitcoin aspects of high transfer charges and speed is not fast.in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotand I know that this kind of coin is very fast transfer and the transfer fee is very low. They are free and give 20,000 coins to those who apply for and do some steps.check this airdrop projects visit Marinecoin's dot info and follow all the simple steps. and get 20,000 Marinecoin's coins for free every 24 hours. Because it has so many things that other projects do not have.

I don't  know what are ya talking about.  Eth has slow transfer rate, it's not anonimous. But it's the most profitable altcoin  to mine. So mine it and transfer into  Btc is the best strategy if ya had equipment already. If not - forget about mining.
gotminer

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:40:20 PM

Still - it's worth it, especially reliable in my opinion to invest in Paytomat
https://tokensale.paytomat.com/

Stop shilling your bullshit.

Ok, I want you to walk back in there and very calmly, very politely tell the risk assessors to fuck off! -Mark Baum
gotminer

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:41:51 PM

Are you one of those "ETH is the only coin you can mine" guys?

gotminer

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 12:42:34 PM

Actually, if u just buy bitcoin at 800 bucks in jan 2017 or 2000-4000 usd in jun to august 2017, u would make 10x or 2-4x profit now. Mining would not have made that much or close to it even with free electricity. Right now, mining difficulty increases too fast. So, good luck to miners. The good news is GPU can be bought again at amazon at lower prices these days.

That's cool.  Let us know when your time machine gets here.

CEL12

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:11:22 PM

Of course, because not all of the resources come from airdrops or buying and mining is no exception because he is the tool that we use to earn commission.
malonesmimi@gmail.com

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 01:21:48 PM

i dont think its fine. why not work for a campaign and the tokens that you receive will be you investment, convert it into bitcoin and watch it grow! atleast in this way, you didn't risk anything.
keyscore44
Legendary

Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 02:21:11 PM

If you are able to just cut your bills in electricity to minimum and you have some money to invest in computers and at the same time you have knowledge in this thread you could try in my opinion to find some coins to mine that will offer you some profit.

.7 BTC  WELCOME BONUS!..
███████████████████████████
██████████▀▀▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▀▀██████
█████████▄██████ ████ ▀████
██████▀▀ ▄▄▄▄ ▀▀███▀▄██ ███
████▀   ██████   ▀██████ ██
███ ▄▄▄████████▄▄▄ ██▄▄▄ ██
██ █████▀    ▀█████ ████ ██
██  ▀██        ███▀ ███ ███
██   ▄██▄    ▄██▄   █▀▄████
███ ▄████████████▄ ████████
████▄▀███▀▀▀▀███▀▄█████████
██████▄▄      ▄▄███████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████▄█████▄█▄███▄█▄██████████▄██▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████▀████▄████▀██████████████████████████▄█████▄██▄█████▄████▄████▄████▄████████
█████████████████▐█████▌███████████▄█████▀███▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀██████▀▀███▀▀███████████
██████████████▄████▀████▄██████████████████▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄████████████████████████
████████████████▀█▀███▀█▀██████████▀███████▀█████████▀█████▀██▀█████▀███████████████████████
██████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████▀▀  ▐█▌  ▀▀████████
██████▄     ▐█▌     ▄██████
████ ▀██▄▄███████▄▄██▀ ████
███    ██▀▀  ▄  ▀▀██    ███
██    ██   ▄███▄   ██    ██
████████  ███████  ████████
██    ██  ▀▀ █ ▀▀  ██    ██
███    ██▄▄ ▀▀▀ ▄▄██    ███
████ ▄██▀▀██████▀▀▀██▄ ████
██████▀     ▐█▌     ▀██████
████████▄▄  ▐█▌  ▄▄████████
.30+  ALTCOINS AVAILABLE..
Turkish88

Activity: 714
Merit: 104

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:29:08 PM

Mining making comeback, how its do barca in 2017

Help to Ukrainian citizens
ETH donations adress - 0xe23CB47AC32F0b8750d4D0Dd4e160Fa6F8fF30EF
Yutard

Activity: 56

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 04:46:17 PM

Close. But no Smiley

I have to undervolt and underclock to make it profitable. So it is not worth it.
gotminer

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:48:17 PM

i dont think its fine. why not work for a campaign and the tokens that you receive will be you investment, convert it into bitcoin and watch it grow! atleast in this way, you didn't risk anything.

Because I don't like shilling random shit coins for profit.

gotminer

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 05:49:30 PM

Close. But no Smiley

I have to undervolt and underclock to make it profitable. So it is not worth it.

You sound like my friend.  He's pissed because he actually has to lift a finger and learn something, do research, ect.  He thought it would be a get rich quick scheme like you did.  Grin Grin Grin

yudi31

Activity: 70

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 06:21:37 PM

I think mining can be said to be worth it, because as long as the miners can still produce the coin from the fouchet that they have mine they can replace all assumptions as long as they mine, it just mines it takes patience to achieve comparability
Dzeronimo

Activity: 588
Merit: 103

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2018, 07:14:28 PM

Marinecoin's - Bitcoin and Ethereum have a bright future. But in that there are some limited bitcoin aspects of high transfer charges and speed is not fast.in Internet Artificial Intelligence (AI) of Things (IoT). time dilution technology. time dilution technology - artificial intelligence - self sustaining - community - fair distribution - iotand I know that this kind of coin is very fast transfer and the transfer fee is very low. They are free and give 20,000 coins to those who apply for and do some steps.check this airdrop projects visit Marinecoin's dot info and follow all the simple steps. and get 20,000 Marinecoin's coins for free every 24 hours. Because it has so many things that other projects do not have.

I don't  know what are ya talking about.  Eth has slow transfer rate, it's not anonimous. But it's the most profitable altcoin  to mine. So mine it and transfer into  Btc is the best strategy if ya had equipment already. If not - forget about mining.
I don't know which GPUs you have, but for me (with RX570) there are more profitable coins than ETH at the moment. Of course things can change in a just few hours.
smoolae

Activity: 602
Merit: 106

View Profile
April 20, 2018, 07:24:42 PM

Thanks to rising alts again mining is indeed profitable. It's worth it but getting in the whole mining game when paying a stupidly high price for GPUs is still a big no-no.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: