Bitcoin Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 71 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] PDATA - REVOLUTIONIZING BROKERAGE OF PERSONAL DATA  (Read 53119 times)
Felicisimoiii

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 10:08:31 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 04:44:33 AM by Felicisimoiii

I would like to ask a question regarding the data transmission between the company and the users. How do we know that you are more reliable than any other data brokerage company ? What does make you better than everyone else ?

I was about to ask the same question, but i managed to get the answer from different discussions on forums or telegram groups. You are in control of the information, you don't require a middleman to validate/pass the entire information, and you won't be in any situation where ur entire info is being scrapped/corrupted or even taken and sold,for someone to make his own profits without noticing you or whatsoever.

Basically what this guy said is based on BLOCKCHAIN. The data/information you trade will be strictly between you and the company itself, them being unable to manage it without your consent. Hopefully this answers your questions friend.

Only the consumer holds the key to decrypt the data.  Smiley

Here's a short explanation video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKY0J6omPvA

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kieran_84

Activity: 261

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 11:58:12 PM

Why is this project better than others ? Share some inside insights guys Cheesy

We already have a working product with existing renowned customers such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi and GM. The platform we propose is already in use with all clients, minus the blockchain element. In addition to that our platform is designed to be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation. In contrast to that Datum and DataWallet don't have a customer base and a working product.

Opiria is the first and only platform that brings together detailed consumer profiling, subjective feedback & opinions from consumers and data from many important objective channels (e.g. web browsing, eye tracking, emotions, data from wearables and smart devices, smartphone usage, online shopping and more). This approach provides companies with the data and insights they need. Datum and DataWallet only focus on few objective channels (mostly social media) and neglect subjective opinions and consumer profiling.

Only the combination of objective and subjective data and a precise consumer profile makes personal data valuable!
kieran_84

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:24:40 AM

In which market are you gonna grow initially ? There is a lot of initiatives already in Europe by governments,how do you plan to compete with that ? Or will there be a partnership ?

The General Data Protection Regulation regulates how businesses have to protect personal data and privacy of EU citizens. The GDPR is valid for transactions within EU member states but it also regulates how to export personal data outside the EU. The GDPR is consistent across all EU member states what means that companies only have to implement the standard once.

The GDPR is binding for any company that stores or processes personal data or information about EU citizens within the EU states even if they don't have a business presence in the EU. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person ('data subject'); an identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.

How Opiria fulfills the requirements of GDPR:

The following points are ways the Opiria-platform fulfills the GDPR requirements regarding privacy and protection of personal data.

1. Consent as lawful basis for processing

2 . Security of processing and pseudonymisation

3. Right of access, transparency and processing purpose

4. Right to rectification, to erasure and data portability

5. Records of processing activities

6. Data protection by design and by default

You can read in detail about these points in the whitepaper: https://opiria.io/static/docs/Opiria-PDATA-Whitepaper.pdf

egetrorx

Activity: 700
Merit: 108

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 12:25:46 AM

another blog review
https://icoshrimp.com/pdata-revolutionizing-brokerage-of-personal-data/

kieran_84

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 12:35:33 AM

I liked the idea of removing the middleman between transactions. I guess this is going to be a straight " trade " between the company and the consumer ? What kind of sellers are you looking for, do they have to have a solid background, or anyone can apply ? 

Anybody can sell their data, if you are interested you can download our app:

https://opiria.io/#app
iamgekko

Activity: 234

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:29:33 AM

Why is this project better than others ? Share some inside insights guys Cheesy

I suppose they know there are other tokens out there with the idea of data monetization, but i assume the only difference would be that, they are having a solid background as company and they are working with companies such as BMW,Mercedes, which makes the background much more solid.

Hello. I like ur reply, and i agree with most of ur points of view. I will add only on thing and i hope it will be helpfull : The other ideas or projects, are not even close to the progress they just made,they don't even have a working product with real customers,while Pdata is safe on that part. They have to surpass the private sale with success and start developing the platform even better than it is. Thumbs up OPIRIA !
Hello , Good answer all around , however ,yes we do have a working product unlike most others and we are working with companies like Mercedes ,Audi and BMW. Adding on , our platform is designed to be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation and Opiria is the first and only platform that brings together detailed consumer profiling, subjective feedback & opinions from consumers and data from many important objective channels (e.g. web browsing, eye tracking, emotions, data from wearables and smart devices, smartphone usage, online shopping and more). This approach provides companies with the data and insights they need. Most of the other companies only focus on few objective channels (mostly social media) and neglect subjective opinions and consumer profiling.

Only the combination of objective and subjective data and a precise consumer profile makes personal data valuable!
iamgekko

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:48:35 AM
Last edit: April 02, 2018, 10:51:16 AM by iamgekko

In which market are you gonna grow initially ? There is a lot of initiatives already in Europe by governments,how do you plan to compete with that ? Or will there be a partnership ?
Hey There! That's an astute question 😄
The business plan assumes the expansion of the platform to the 50 strongest countries in the field of consumer research, having more than 25,000 customers and a consumer pool of 250MM individuals providing personal data to the platform. By doing this we estimate that the revenues will reach 250MM USD in 2023, having an average annual growth rate of 338%.

Initially by the end of 2018 , we are looking to grow in USA, France, Germany, Japan and Singapore

Our platform is designed to be fully compliant with the General Data Protection Regulation Smiley
iamgekko

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 06:55:11 AM

It is very interesting how blockchain technology can influence selling or purchasing the data. Can we do the same without blockchain and ico ? What advantages does provide tokens in this great idea ?
In my opinion,the only significant difference is that this entire project is based and conducted on blockchain. Without blockchain, you cannot get the same results as you can within blockhain.
Hi there! That's an interesting way to look at this. The company already has a working product minus the blockchain element ,however there are reasons and advantages to using the blockchain.  Blockchains were built to function in a “trustless” environment in which people can transact directly with one another without needing to trust any middleman in the ecosystem. The blockchain technology and the PDATA platform ensure following (these are also GDPR requirements):
1.     The consumer owns the personal data and has full control over it.
2.     Personal data never leaves the consumer in an unencrypted format and only the consumer holds the key to decrypt it.
3.     Personal data can only be transferred to a company with the consumer’s consent. In addition to that the consumer knows exactly who gets the data and for what purpose.
4.     The trading of personal data is fully transparent and traceable on the blockchain whereby the anonymity of the trading parties is completely protected.

Hope this answers your question Smiley
iamgekko

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:27:19 AM

Do you have a distinctive search of possible customers ? I want to sell data, how do you know i am reliable ?
I don't think they have that kind of security. Anyone can apply, you simply have to be fit for the respective requests.
It's not about trust or whatsoever. They can give you a list of tasks or demand a certain behaviour from you and it's up to everyone on how much he's going to fulfill or not from the respective tasks.
Well, can you cheat the system ? I mean, is everything going to be classified somehow, every physical reaction/behaviour ? I am a bit uncertain of the entire process tho. Looking forward for more updates from them,but i am quite satisfied in the same time. They achieved a lot of things and they gave a lot of information towards the users, even tho their ICO is not even launched.
Hello all, Its great to see a discussion on this regard. Let me explain , The companies will have an option to choose a demographic from where they need the data , for instance , Age , gender or Country. The consumers in turn will have the option to choose whether to divulge their information or not Smiley
iamgekko

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:51:24 AM

Who is in charge of this ecosystem ? Is there going to be someone in charge of the whole operation,or it is going to run itself,once it's up and running ?
No one is in charge of the ecosystem. I think it's gonna be the same thing, just like blockchain.
I don't wanna sound dumb or whatever, but can you be in charge of this ecosystem ?
Hello , The whole concept of adding the blockchain element to the product is to create a trustless environment Smiley The consumers ans the companies can and will interact directly with no middleman involved Smiley
iamgekko

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:54:45 AM

From my point of view, this will be the first " personal data " crowdsale token launch. Do you think it's gonna have a big impact ?
Hey there! We would definitely like to consider the possibility of us make a huge impact because Opiria is the first and only platform that brings together detailed consumer profiling, subjective feedback & opinions from consumers and data from many important objective channels (e.g. web browsing, eye tracking, emotions, data from wearables and smart devices, smartphone usage, online shopping and more). This approach provides companies with the data and insights they need. Datum and DataWallet only focus on few objective channels (mostly social media) and neglect subjective opinions and consumer profiling. Smiley
iamgekko

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 07:58:59 AM

I would like to ask a question regarding the data transmission between the company and the users. How do we know that you are more reliable than any other data brokerage company ? What does make you better than everyone else ?

I was about to ask the same question, but i managed to get the answer from different discussions on forums or telegram groups. You are in control of the information, you don't require a middleman to validate/pass the entire information, and you won't be in any situation where ur entire info is being scrapped/corrupted or even taken and sold,for someone to make his own profits without noticing you or whatsoever.

Basically what this guy said is based on BLOCKCHAIN. The data/information you trade will be strictly between you and the company itself, them being unable to manage it without your consent. Hopefully this answers your questions friend.
Hi all, This is a very important aspect of the company, though most of your explanations on this regard was spot on, let me explain further ,
PDATA’s trading of personal data is based on the blockchain. Blockchains were built to function in a “trustless” environment in which people can transact directly with one another without needing to trust any middleman in the ecosystem. The blockchain technology and the PDATA platform ensure following (these are also GDPR requirements):
1.     The consumer owns the personal data and has full control over it.
2.     Personal data never leaves the consumer in an unencrypted format and only the consumer holds the key to decrypt it.
3.     Personal data can only be transferred to a company with the consumer’s consent. In addition to that the consumer knows exactly who gets the data and for what purpose.
4.     The trading of personal data is fully transparent and traceable on the blockchain whereby the anonymity of the trading parties is completely protected.

Hope this answers it Smiley
Zye

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:55:22 AM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 11:34:31 AM by Zye

I just watched a fantastic interview by Ivan On Tech.
He interviewed Christian Lange, the CEO of Opiria!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMT5xEgnOwg
diocrimemach

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 30, 2018, 10:20:15 PM

Any innovation about this project?can you tell me how you compete with other company?
Felicisimoiii

Activity: 322

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 12:25:36 AM

Any innovation about this project?can you tell me how you compete with other company?

Hi diocrimemach,

About innovation, Opiria is the first and only platform that brings together detailed consumer profiling, subjective feedback & opinions from consumers and data from many important objective channels (e.g. web browsing, eye tracking, emotions, data from wearables and smart devices, smartphone usage, online shopping and more).

Regarding competitors, we stand out from our competitors as we already have a working product with existing renowned customers such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi and GM, in contrast to others that don't have a customer base and a working product.

Please join us on Telegram https://t.me/PDATAtoken, chat with us!  Smiley

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 05:41:53 AM

Expline, please. What is Opiria and which relation this have to PData? And how this used by Mersedes, BMW etc?
Sammied

Activity: 216

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 09:45:25 AM

Expline, please. What is Opiria and which relation this have to PData? And how this used by Mersedes, BMW etc?

Hey Magisterr Opiria platform is a Global decentralized marketplace for the secure and transparent buying and selling of personal data. We basically believe in directly connecting companies and consumers and enabling a direct exchange of personal data.
Companies can buy personal data directly from consumers to understand their needs and requirements and to design better products and services.
Opiria-Platform also enables consumers to create a passive income stream by monetizing their personal data.

PDATA Token is the currency for trading personal data using smart contracts on the blockchain. All transactions on the Opiria platform are paid for with PDATA tokens.

Mercedes, BMW, Audi and GM, to name a few are part of our existing customers.

You can take time to read our Whitepaper to more details here;https://opiria.io/

You can also join our telegram group for live chat and updates here;https://t.me/PDATAtoken

marey zokan

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:00:11 AM

Great team and good company is the key to your success!! An interesting idea and of course a business approach!What I see in the work of the company!!Already known in the world!!I recommend this campaign to everyone.
Zye

Activity: 87

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:16:01 AM

I have been reading the Whitepaper and this part stood out to me:

"The important fact here is that this data is completely useless for anyone not holding the private key, so effectively the data is completely protected, and only its owner can use it, even though it resides on a server/network of servers"

Very interesting how the technology is going protect peoples data and allow them greater control over what is seen and who can see it.
Demirung

Activity: 434
Merit: 70

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 11:28:03 AM

PDATA project has a Strong team with great project.
we believe it will be a great success because this project is managed by people who are experienced in their field.
Today PDATA project team  create  for you simple and easy tools that you'll need tomorrow

Yes, plus we already have a working product with existing renowned customers such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi and GM.  Smiley
These are pretty serious customers, and basically it attracts a lot of investors. People like to deal with serious companies
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 71 »
  Print  

Jump to: