Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:59:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Lets Make a new board/section for "Merit Discussion"  (Read 433 times)
coin5haker

Activity: 350
Merit: 16

~bitcoin enthusiast~

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 06:17:57 PM

I am tired of seeing shitposting pajeets coming to the "Meta" section who are making new threads every hour about the merit system and then shitposting through it trying to ass-lick the merit system and failing horribly at kissing the feet of the Merit sources.

I know these people have no life because even after introduction in late January these people still cant understand what merit is and how its earned and what will happen if they attempt to beg for merits.

So lets face it. We need a separate board, possibly under "Other" which will be devoted to discussions regarding merit, theymos's official post about merit will be pinned there. All merit related queries will be posted there and all "Rank-up Merit challenges" and such threads will be posted there.

This section will be devoid of all signatures as well Grin

Now, to the shitposting pajeets who make up 99% of the forum population (If that is a population at all), Please please dont derail the thread saying "Merit is good and all".
It seems that these people are highly successful, so merit sources are prone to ass-licking. Looks pity indeed, just attack some frustrated newbie who is not happy about merit, call him shitposter and get your portion of merits.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TianaStam

Activity: 218
Merit: 12

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 12:20:15 AM

From the day of it's appearance Merit system really was discussed a lot, but I think there is no need in a special board/section, cause this topic will stop to be actual one day and users will accept it as something usual and normal. Just give them some time to get used to it.

Did you read my OP? Stop shitposting and then read it 100times and then go write it on a piece of paper without looking at it Make sure to be able to carbon-copy it before you comment again here. Grin
So lets face it. We need a separate board, possibly under "Other" which will be devoted to discussions regarding merit, theymos's official post about merit will be pinned there. All merit related queries will be posted there and all "Rank-up Merit challenges" and such threads will be posted there.
Correct me if I'm wrong, here you suggest to creat a board about merit discussion. Right? I simply told you that in such board there is no need cause users will get used to it one day and merit system will stop to be so actual like it is now. Now, do you always call other people's opinions as shit ones when it is opposite to yours?
I think you are a bit wrong. Meta is full of threads about merit and I think you need to surf them more before to make any conclusion like that. I am sure the interest to merit will not pass so fast as you think and there always will be newbies or merit beggars who will up this topic over and over again, trashing up Meta section, if you understand what I mean  Smiley
TheUltraElite (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1222

Call your grandparents and tell them you love them

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 01:31:16 PM

It seems that these people are highly successful, so merit sources are prone to ass-licking. Looks pity indeed, just attack some frustrated newbie who is not happy about merit, call him shitposter and get your portion of merits.

Life sucks isnt it? Yeah it does and its about time you shitposters get used to it and stop shitposting trying to earn some easy cash. This forum is far from a cash pit for you. Go away from this forum - and then you can reschedule your daily routine with a minus sign in front of "Bitcointalk Daily Shitposting Quota"  Grin

I think you are a bit wrong. Meta is full of threads about merit and I think you need to surf them more before to make any conclusion like that. I am sure the interest to merit will not pass so fast as you think and there always will be newbies or merit beggars who will up this topic over and over again, trashing up Meta section, if you understand what I mean  Smiley

This is correct and this is the reason why I came up with the idea. Lets keep the discussions related to merit elsewhere in a different section/subsection and not in meta.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
EthanB

Activity: 462
Merit: 336

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 02:02:55 PM

It has been 1.5 months already and still there is an influx of threads on merit in the "meta" section which is originally made for discussions about the forum. But then not all discussions are made here - for example the trust related stuff are discussed in "Reputation". Similarly a "Merit Discussion" for these threads.

Again, only an individual's trust related discussion is meant for the "Reputation" board; nobody is discussing changes or exclusively making complaints about the Trust System in "Reputation". Whenever a user has suggestions or complaints about the Trust System as a whole it is discussed on the Meta board. If you were suggesting a board called "Merit abuse" where we discuss an individual's interaction with the merit system then I would say this is consistent with the layout of the forum. However, when discussing the Merit system as a whole then there is no way it doesn't fit the criteria for Meta discussion. Am I wrong about this? I would be on board if I am failing to consider something or am defining something incorrectly.

I think we will start to see all of this merit hubbub die down after about 4-6 months. There are thousands of people adjusting and in their death throes.
DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 05:15:03 PM
Merited by TheUltraElite (1)

I had this in mind some moments ago:

I'm gonna make a thread about the Merit System, specifically to the threads in the Meta section that somehow slowly being a MEGA thread because of those members that are making the same shit (same topic) about the new System. Repeating the same complaints; the same appraisals, that have already been mentioned or discussed in the Major thread about the Merit System (theymos' post).

But I realized, then how am I different from them? Then, I saw this thread and say, "this is perfect".

So what I really want to say is that: How long will this nightmare remain (issue about Merit System)? How long will they keep on asking the same questions over and over - being answered over and over. I've noticed that many people are also very annoyed about this. Not only those members who complains, also those members that are praising the System like they really knew what's going on (not saying that all those people that are praising it). Specifically some post like these:

It's got to be said the more you read this thread the more you'll understand why the merit system is in place.
I'd recommend it to anyone new, at least a few pages Wink

But since people believe more posts will increase their chance on getting merrited, isn't this proof that this system is not working? I believe it is.

While introduce in merit system, every rank person is set to the lowest merit score in that rank.This is unfair.it should have prorated according to the activity at that point of time. Agree?

Notice to the public:
Merit makes us crazy, be careful not to be the subject but indeed subject.
Look member to member quarrel each other. I like and dislike this merit but the truth we are all subjects.
Watch your way. POST AT YOUR OWN RISK but don't beg for merit or other wise it will kick you out.

So by separating this to the Meta section creates space for them to constantly talk about it or resolve these never ending questions. And also to prompt them directly into a Section that is all about the System no the Meta. Because this section has other uses not just the Merit System.

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Jet Cash
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 2457

https://JetCash.com

View Profile WWW
March 10, 2018, 08:57:05 PM

I thought for a moment that plagiarism was going to take over from merits, but merit seems to have fought back. Maybe we should try to revive discussions about activity. That could be considered to be unfair, as it is fairly easy for a competent poster to knock out 14 decent posts in an hour or so.

That is if he hasn't worn out his keyboard. I keep dropping my "a" characters, and constant editing slows one down.

Offgrid campers allow you to enjoy life and preserve your health and wealth.
Save old Cars - my project to save old cars from scrapage schemes, and to reduce the sale of new cars.
My new Bitcoin transfer address is - bc1q9gtz8e40en6glgxwk4eujuau2fk5wxrprs6fys
TheUltraElite (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 11, 2018, 06:47:39 AM

I thought for a moment that plagiarism was going to take over from merits, but merit seems to have fought back.
Plagiarized content is taken down once reported to mods. They also ban those shitposters. Copy-pasting is just pathetic. Only lowlife spammers can do that and not build their own content.

Maybe we should try to revive discussions about activity. That could be considered to be unfair, as it is fairly easy for a competent poster to knock out 14 decent posts in an hour or so.
Discussions about activity? How does that end up on this topic? I know there used to be some complaining threads like "Why is my activity not increasing" before merit was introduced - are you referring to those? Activity is fairly easier to achieve for shitposters but not merits. Which is why threads on merit became so rampant and not activity.

That is if he hasn't worn out his keyboard. I keep dropping my "a" characters, and constant editing slows one down.
The "u" on my keyboard also does not work at times. Does that make me a shitposter too?  Tongue

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x 
LEVERAGE
COMPETITIVE
    FEES    
 INSTANT 
EXECUTION
   TRADE NOW   
Aikidoka

Activity: 1078
Merit: 342

Sinbad Mixer: Mix Your BTC Quickly

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 11:13:04 AM

The Meta section is going to be the second version of Bitcoin Discussion section as it is already filled with new topics that are similar to each other. The problem is not within this section but within people either they agree or disagree with the new system. They used to complain about the negative trust system, and now they are complaining about the merit system. Give someone a little bit of freedom and he will go beyond that and mess it up.
paxmao
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1587

Do not die for Putin

View Profile
March 11, 2018, 02:18:15 PM

I am tired of seeing shitposting pajeets coming to the "Meta" section who are making new threads every hour about the merit system and then shitposting through it trying to ass-lick the merit system and failing horribly at kissing the feet of the Merit sources.

I know these people have no life because even after introduction in late January these people still cant understand what merit is and how its earned and what will happen if they attempt to beg for merits.

This section will be devoid of all signatures as well Grin

Now, to the shitposting pajeets who make up 99% of the forum population (If that is a population at all), Please please dont derail the thread saying "Merit is good and all".

Perhaps the merit is bad and merit has to change will eventually fade. I think it is too early for this.

Just one thing, I wouldn´t like to standardise a racial insult on the forum. Not that I am politically correct, but it just doesn´t feel right. Merit beggars or merit-whining could probably be enough.

Taki

Activity: 1078
Merit: 514

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:27:08 AM

Did I do the right thing in giving him a merit?

I think that you did. We shouldn't treat merit as something that only exceptional posters deserve. We have so much merit that we can share some points with new users who are showing interest in the subject and spending a while before they write something. You can see that in some posts that they aren't just generic responses.
I tend to give merit to posters whose posts I like and agree with, posts I personally find entertaining. They not necessarily have to be informative or witty. I think many of us (me included) are hoarding merit points like we were afraid to merit someone that is a spammer trying to act smart to collect some merit.
You just prove the idea that in the biggest number of cases giving of sMerits stay subjective. Meriting of someone is like agreement with his words, but you are totally right that we kinda afraid to give sMerit to every possible poster whos comment we find the exactly what we think ourselves, cause of this one comment may be good and correct, but remaining comments are shitty or simply weak ones.
Oliveir

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 17, 2018, 11:42:02 AM

smurf!!!! I just wished I joined earlier when my friend invited me before, maybe I don't think too much thinking to get merit just to rank up but I was just thinking whom to give my merits, merit policy is good, their is no need to create its own board since meta page is created for that reason.
TheUltraElite (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 17, 2018, 04:29:43 PM

Did I do the right thing in giving him a merit?

I think that you did. We shouldn't treat merit as something that only exceptional posters deserve. We have so much merit that we can share some points with new users who are showing interest in the subject and spending a while before they write something. You can see that in some posts that they aren't just generic responses.
I tend to give merit to posters whose posts I like and agree with, posts I personally find entertaining. They not necessarily have to be informative or witty. I think many of us (me included) are hoarding merit points like we were afraid to merit someone that is a spammer trying to act smart to collect some merit.
You just prove the idea that in the biggest number of cases giving of sMerits stay subjective. Meriting of someone is like agreement with his words, but you are totally right that we kinda afraid to give sMerit to every possible poster whos comment we find the exactly what we think ourselves, cause of this one comment may be good and correct, but remaining comments are shitty or simply weak ones.

You people are still not able to understand which posts to send sMerits to. Yes its subjective but merits are not to be given to every post that a person agrees to. Merit is supposed to be given to posts that makes substantial contribution to the discussion - that may or may not agree to your comment. Yes majority of posts are done by generic shitposters but there are posts in between them done by quality posters.

smurf!!!! I just wished I joined earlier when my friend invited me before, maybe I don't think too much thinking to get merit just to rank up but I was just thinking whom to give my merits, merit policy is good, their is no need to create its own board since meta page is created for that reason.

Are you not a newbie here? You should focus in initiating good discussion in the threads and dont run after merits. That all I can say for now.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT
  CRYPTO   
FUTURES
 1,000x