Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:46:41 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint B29 Blake256 Miner (March)  (Read 2311 times)
ItzSnow

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 03:28:03 AM

yea i noticed that, however the price difference makes me not want to bite the bullet 6600usd vs 9070usd

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dimaze

Activity: 181
Merit: 53

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:45:09 AM

Can you give an update on whether or not you still like coinmine the best after mining with them almost a month?

I was leaning towards coinmine over Luxor pool due to the higher fees but I read a comment that Coinmine wasn't computing their hashing power correctly or their coin payout wasn't adding up.

Curious to learn any other insight (pros/cons) you can provide from the mining pools you've tried and why you like Coinmine the most. Thanks in advance!!

Still on coinmine. Has the most consistent payouts.
None of the pools have completely accurate hashrate. It all seems a bit below spec at the pools, even though GUI shows otherwise.

Laying the units on the side helped temps a bit. Get to mining when you get them Smiley

KashHappy

Activity: 57
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 12:39:44 PM

Can you give an update on whether or not you still like coinmine the best after mining with them almost a month?

I was leaning towards coinmine over Luxor pool due to the higher fees but I read a comment that Coinmine wasn't computing their hashing power correctly or their coin payout wasn't adding up.

Curious to learn any other insight (pros/cons) you can provide from the mining pools you've tried and why you like Coinmine the most. Thanks in advance!!

None of the pools have completely accurate hashrate. It all seems a bit below spec at the pools, even though GUI shows otherwise.

Laying the units on the side helped temps a bit. Get to mining when you get them Smiley

Thanks for the feedback!!
KashHappy

View Profile
May 02, 2018, 11:47:56 PM

Received my D9 today which has the DragonMint GUI and connected to Luxor. Noticed this worker name (looks like a wallet address) already received rewards prior. Do I need to change the worker name to my DCR wallet address?
shellyfinest

Activity: 94

View Profile
May 03, 2018, 12:57:58 AM

Received my D9 today which has the DragonMint GUI and connected to Luxor. Noticed this worker name (looks like a wallet address) already received rewards prior. Do I need to change the worker name to my DCR wallet address?

Yeah, definitely do that right away, that how it was mining Sia ... I mine sia to Luxor mining pool , user is walletaddress (or walletaddress.001 if you have more than 1 (so you can do .001, .002, etc...) or you can just set your wallet address
KashHappy

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 05:57:41 AM

Has anyone auto-tuned their B29? If so, is there any noticeable difference?
MoNTE48

Activity: 29

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 07:46:36 AM

I'm asking for help. I ordered and paid for this ASIC in March and so far I have not been sent it.
HalongMiner promises to send ASIC, but always postpones it.
dimaze

View Profile
May 04, 2018, 08:33:22 AM

Waste of time and hash.

nastyrunner

Activity: 43

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 12:20:28 PM

Waste of time and hash.

Mine is automatically doing auto-tune, is there a way to deactivate it?
dimaze

View Profile
May 06, 2018, 09:42:29 PM

Waste of time and hash.

On stock b29?

nastyrunner

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 04:00:24 AM

Waste of time and hash.

On stock b29?

Yeah, actually it is a D9, but as model number and all, it is written B29 and the backend is DragonMint. I upgraded to the latest firmware, still it is constantly stuck on autotuning.
dimaze

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:15:34 AM

That's a firmware bug, it does nothing to your actual hashrate. I've got the same thing on my poorest performing b29, the update to the public d9 firmware runs visual autotune in a loop too.

nastyrunner

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 10:56:49 AM

That's a firmware bug, it does nothing to your actual hashrate. I've got the same thing on my poorest performing b29, the update to the public d9 firmware runs visual autotune in a loop too.

Phew...btw, are you having fluctuations of the hashrate on the pool end as well...mine fluctuates from 3 TH/s to 0.9 TH/s?
dimaze

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 11:37:04 AM

Phew...btw, are you having fluctuations of the hashrate on the pool end as well...mine fluctuates from 3 TH/s to 0.9 TH/s?

This is standard fluctuation. Average is what counts - these all have appeared to hash a little below spec (1.9-2.0 avg) poolside.

KashHappy

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 05:29:08 PM

Anyone know what the ideal ambient temp for the B29 is? I couldn’t find any info anywhere. On Inno, specs state 0-85 Celsius for internal. Looking at the UI, each board has 3 temps. One of my boards (middle) is reading 67 77 81. Should I start getting concerned?

Can someone also elaborate on how laying the miner on its side helps the temps? Does it matter which side to lay it on?
sweeperAA

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 06:12:22 PM

I've wondered about the temps also. For each of my ASIC miners that I get, I usually write a python script to monitor certain statistics of the miner so that if something goes out of range, I'm notified of it immediately. In doing this, I found that the three temperatures were labeled Average, Min, Max. My fan percentage fluctuates between 60% and 95% but it seems that the firmware attempts to keep the max temperature no more than 77 for me. Currently, at 75 max, it's pulling about 830W. I'm getting an average hash rate of 1.95 Th/S over the last two days on coinmine even though the firmware constantly reports 2.36 Th/S. I would have liked more control over the fan duty and the voltage configurations. FWIW, I did do the calibration when I first got it and left it Auto-tuned for a while, but now I have turned auto-tune off. I'm not sure I noticed a difference either way.

As for laying the miner on its side, I have not tried it. I have it sitting up-right.
nastyrunner

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 08:02:48 PM

This is standard fluctuation. Average is what counts - these all have appeared to hash a little below spec (1.9-2.0 avg) poolside.

Yeah my miner is about 1.8. Btw, saw your name on coinmine. Not bad, your in like top 5 or so.
dimaze

View Profile
May 07, 2018, 09:06:16 PM
Merited by suchmoon (5)

They generally run cooler laying on the right side (exhaust facing away)

The temperatures represent lowest recorded, average, and highest recorded.

nastyrunner

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 04:03:08 AM

I've wondered about the temps also. For each of my ASIC miners that I get, I usually write a python script to monitor certain statistics of the miner so that if something goes out of range, I'm notified of it immediately. In doing this, I found that the three temperatures were labeled Average, Min, Max. My fan percentage fluctuates between 60% and 95% but it seems that the firmware attempts to keep the max temperature no more than 77 for me. Currently, at 75 max, it's pulling about 830W. I'm getting an average hash rate of 1.95 Th/S over the last two days on coinmine even though the firmware constantly reports 2.36 Th/S. I would have liked more control over the fan duty and the voltage configurations. FWIW, I did do the calibration when I first got it and left it Auto-tuned for a while, but now I have turned auto-tune off. I'm not sure I noticed a difference either way.

As for laying the miner on its side, I have not tried it. I have it sitting up-right.

Have you kept it on balanced mode or performance mode? Even on balance mode, I am getting alot of HW errors though. In 11H of run time, I have 219 112 33 HW errors. Not sure if everyone is having the similar issue.
sweeperAA

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 08, 2018, 01:36:05 PM

I have a Inno D9 so my firmware may be a little different. I don't have an option for performance or balance mode. However, after 47 hours of running, I have a total of 685 HW errors.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: