Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:42:22 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  
Author Topic: DragonMint B29 Blake256 Miner (March)  (Read 2311 times)
KashHappy

Activity: 57
Merit: 11

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 05:50:37 AM

They generally run cooler laying on the right side (exhaust facing away)

The temperatures represent lowest recorded, average, and highest recorded.

Thanks for the helpful info. Laying it on the side definitely lowered the temps. It seems like the temp readings may be for 24hr (??) intervals cus the highest recorded has definitely come down.

I've been mining DCR for a little over a week with my one miner.  So far I have found 3 blocks generating 39 coins towards the pool which is significantly less than my reward amount. Wonder if I would have found these blocks if I was solo mining or is it because of the consolidated hashing power of coinmine? I'm sure with your hashing power, you're finding blocks left and right. Would it be more profitable solo mining? Granted there are no guarantees if and when you'll find a block but seems probable if indeed your/my miner found the blocks without intervention from the pool.

Up until very recently, solo miners accounted for 2nd highest (31%) of the total distributed hashing power on https://dcrstats.com/pow. At the time of the snapshot (May 4th), Coinmine totaled 45.6%, Luxor at 13.7%. Those 3 groups accounted for 90% of the hashing power.  

Then f2pool came out of nowhere now making up for 29.7%. Coinmine accounts for 39.3%, Luxor with 12.3%, solo miners now only 2.1%. This totals up to 83.4%. f2pool is Chinese pool and has a very nice UI and the pages seem to translate to English okay.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dimaze

Activity: 181
Merit: 53

View Profile
May 14, 2018, 07:39:03 PM

Thanks for the helpful info. Laying it on the side definitely lowered the temps. It seems like the temp readings may be for 24hr (??) intervals cus the highest recorded has definitely come down.

I've been mining DCR for a little over a week with my one miner.  So far I have found 3 blocks generating 39 coins towards the pool which is significantly less than my reward amount. Wonder if I would have found these blocks if I was solo mining or is it because of the consolidated hashing power of coinmine? I'm sure with your hashing power, you're finding blocks left and right. Would it be more profitable solo mining? Granted there are no guarantees if and when you'll find a block but seems probable if indeed your/my miner found the blocks without intervention from the pool.

Up until very recently, solo miners accounted for 2nd highest (31%) of the total distributed hashing power on https://dcrstats.com/pow. At the time of the snapshot (May 4th), Coinmine totaled 45.6%, Luxor at 13.7%. Those 3 groups accounted for 90% of the hashing power.  

Then f2pool came out of nowhere now making up for 29.7%. Coinmine accounts for 39.3%, Luxor with 12.3%, solo miners now only 2.1%. This totals up to 83.4%. f2pool is Chinese pool and has a very nice UI and the pages seem to translate to English okay.

I too hit like 8 blocks really quick when I got my original 6 DCR miners. It's all luck based, you could hit 3 blocks in a row, but the chances are astronomical. Pools are convenient to not have to worry about setting solo mining up. Over time it equalizes.

Glad to hear temps got better on the side! They definitely helped all of mine. I've looked at f2pool, and it appears to be 3% PPS. Might point some of mine that way to compare over time.

sweeperAA

Activity: 55
Merit: 5

View Profile
May 17, 2018, 09:49:58 PM

I too hit like 8 blocks really quick when I got my original 6 DCR miners. It's all luck based, you could hit 3 blocks in a row, but the chances are astronomical. Pools are convenient to not have to worry about setting solo mining up. Over time it equalizes.

Glad to hear temps got better on the side! They definitely helped all of mine. I've looked at f2pool, and it appears to be 3% PPS. Might point some of mine that way to compare over time.

I'm investigating setting up solo mining with my ASIC. I've downloaded decrediton and sync'd the block chain. I also see that the dcrd process is running. I can't seem to find any help on anything else related to setting up solo mining. Can someone give me the jist or point me to a tutorial?
klwolf2000

Activity: 88
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2018, 02:04:04 PM

The thing that is most retarded is that Innosilicon is flooding the market with miners just like Bitmain and unlike Bitmain they only give us a 90 day warranty. They have now made it a 6 month ROI at least with more asics on the way and if you have a board take a shit you are screwed because they won't replace anything even though you paid $7,300.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5]  All
  Print  

Jump to: