Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:49:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Start crowdfunding effort for decentralized stock exchange?
yes
no
waste of time

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: If you are a US citizen you basically can go F yourself! BTCT, Bitfunder, Dwolla  (Read 17285 times)
HowlingMad (OP)

Activity: 175
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:27:46 PM
Last edit: October 10, 2013, 09:57:35 PM by HowlingMad

Well, it is another interesting day to be an American and find out how much the Banks control your country!!!

Now Bitfunder has joined the fray and is kicking all US users off their site also!!! Cry

Please be advised that BitFunder is implementing the following rules and procedures:

As of October 8th, 2013, BitFunder will not accept new registrations from any United States persons or entities. All new registrants must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account. BitFunder may, in its sole direction, decline to accept any new registrations.

As of October 8th, 2013, all current BitFunder users who are located in the United States or are determined to be United States persons or entities will not be able to enter into any new positions on the Bitfunder website, and, as of November 1, 2013, such users will also not be allowed to sell positions on the BitFunder website.

All current BitFunder users who are not United States persons or entities must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account before November 1, 2013. Any such users who fail to provide the necessary information will not be able to enter into or sell positions on the BitFunder website as of November 1, 2013.

What next?  Banning even mining over here?  Just when I thought I was going to be able to make a little extra money.  I don't mind paying income taxes, it is everyone's duty to pay.  I am in the 39% tax bracket so I already know what the pain is like.  

Well to everyone else in the world, good luck!  It was nice being a member of the community, at least for a little while.  

Windows 10, R280x * 3

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
01BTC10
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:31:17 PM

This is what happens when a country is ready to shutdown/extradite anyone breaking some arbitrary money transmission law.  
forensick

Activity: 376
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:33:15 PM

sad to hear, but you are voting for those assholes who run your country and changing it to fascist state. Next time you will be not allow to travel abroad probably, only few of you would have a chance to even get a passport... sad to hear, again.
pedrog
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1031

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:37:32 PM

As a non US citizen in a country that will discover bitcoin in about 10 years or so, I offer my services to be a proxy for US citizens portfolios. Smiley

superduh

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:37:58 PM

"it's for their own good" remember that

ok
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:39:27 PM

I feel so warm and protected.
bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 09:56:46 PM

now might be a good time to emigrate...
wachtwoord
Legendary

Activity: 2324
Merit: 1125

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:00:32 PM

Or take a stand. But that will only work when a sufficiently large portion of the populace agrees.

How many people in the US believe again that convicting Manning was just? Right and how many of those soldiers killing people for sports in those videos were trialled at all and if they were did they receive higher or lower sentences than Manning? What portion of American cares about this? I think I just answered my own question: emigration does indeed seem like the only option.
ishkur

Activity: 219

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:04:09 PM

As a non US citizen in a country that will discover bitcoin in about 10 years or so, I offer my services to be a proxy for US citizens portfolios. Smiley

You can seriously make some nice commissions if your serious
HowlingMad (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:11:21 PM

now might be a good time to emigrate...

I am seriously thinking about it but will need to scrape together enough money to do so.  My problem is age (mid-50s) and I only speak one language!  Sucks to be me.

Well I guess my website "HowlingMad.us" that I was building is a dead project.  Need to change my signature and cross out the sites that are gone.

Windows 10, R280x * 3
Bitcycle

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:15:01 PM

It's a good thing the US has all the job creation it needs and no longer needs ways to raise funds for new ideas.
mgio

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:18:15 PM

Well, it is another interesting day to be an American and find out how much the Banks control your country!!!

Now Bitfunder has joined the fray and is kicking all US users off their site also!!! Cry

Please be advised that BitFunder is implementing the following rules and procedures:

As of October 8th, 2013, BitFunder will not accept new registrations from any United States persons or entities. All new registrants must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account. BitFunder may, in its sole direction, decline to accept any new registrations.

As of October 8th, 2013, all current BitFunder users who are located in the United States or are determined to be United States persons or entities will not be able to enter into any new positions on the Bitfunder website, and, as of November 1, 2013, such users will also not be allowed to sell positions on the BitFunder website.

All current BitFunder users who are not United States persons or entities must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account before November 1, 2013. Any such users who fail to provide the necessary information will not be able to enter into or sell positions on the BitFunder website as of November 1, 2013.

What next?  Banning even mining over here?  Just when I thought I was going to be able to make a little extra money.  I don't mind paying income taxes, it is everyone's duty to pay.  I am in the 39% tax bracket so I already know what the pain is like. 

Well to everyone else in the world, good luck!  It was nice being a member of the community, at least for a little while. 

Where did you see this? It's not on their website.
HowlingMad (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:20:45 PM

Go to the tab marked DASHBOARD!

Did anyone find out why BTCT closed?  Was the Securities and Exchange commission involved?  Frankly with some of the trolls out here I was not surprised that Burnside decided to throw in the towel. 

Windows 10, R280x * 3
mgio

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:24:21 PM

Go to the tab marked DASHBOARD!

See it now. Pretty stupid it's not listed under "News". I never go to Dashboard.
mgio

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:25:27 PM

As a dual citizen, I can get the passport + birth certificate + credit card requirement but I'm not going to be able to produce a foreign utility bill. Damn.
HowlingMad (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:29:09 PM

As a dual citizen, I can get the passport + birth certificate + credit card requirement but I'm not going to be able to produce a foreign utility bill. Damn.
Got any family in the 'old country'?  Offer to pay one of their utilities if they put it in your name.  That's how I have 2 addresses in the US.  Mine and my mother's, who is in her 90's.  I manage ALL of her bills, and registered my car at her house.  Saved a TON on car insurance  Grin

Windows 10, R280x * 3
runam0k
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1001

Touchdown

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:35:27 PM

Not even with Photoshop?
prophetx
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1010

he who has the gold makes the rules

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 10:35:38 PM

please consider supporting our effort to enable entrepreneurs to release their own cryptography shares in new ventures which may be traded p2p

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=307417.msg3295590#msg3295590
mgio

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 10:37:19 PM

Got any family in the 'old country'?  Offer to pay one of their utilities if they put it in your name.  That's how I have 2 addresses in the US.  Mine and my mother's, who is in her 90's.  I manage ALL of her bills, and registered my car at her house.  Saved a TON on car insurance  Grin

Well, actually my sister lives in England. Maybe I can do something like that, but I worry that this is going to crash Bitcoin securities so much that they are no longer worth investing in.
HowlingMad (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2013, 11:03:00 PM

No, I don't think there is going to be any crashing.  Maybe a significant slowdown, but not dead in the water.  Granted, the US contingency was large but not the end all.  The majority of mining is still in Europe, with China rapidly catching up.  Someone has a funky graphic showing where all the coins are being generated. 

Is your sister cute?  I could move to England and make us both a ton of money.  Just kidding. 

Windows 10, R280x * 3
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: