Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 08:43:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  

Warning: Moderators do not remove likely scams. You must use your own brain: caveat emptor. Watch out for Ponzi schemes. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [BitFunder] WTF! BitFunder Restrictions to US Citizens  (Read 12022 times)
fran2k (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2013, 09:54:26 PM

Important Notice (October 8th, 2013):

Please be advised that BitFunder is implementing the following rules and procedures:

As of October 8th, 2013, BitFunder will not accept new registrations from any United States persons or entities. All new registrants must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account. BitFunder may, in its sole direction, decline to accept any new registrations.

As of October 8th, 2013, all current BitFunder users who are located in the United States or are determined to be United States persons or entities will not be able to enter into any new positions on the Bitfunder website, and, as of November 1, 2013, such users will also not be allowed to sell positions on the BitFunder website.

All current BitFunder users who are not United States persons or entities must supply the information required to obtain "Verified" status on their linked WeExchange account before November 1, 2013. Any such users who fail to provide the necessary information will not be able to enter into or sell positions on the BitFunder website as of November 1, 2013.

Users will be able to withdraw holdings and Bitcoins from their BitFunder accounts before and after November 1, 2013.

All assets and issuers must demonstrate that they meet BitFunder's requirements for the listing of assets, or the assets and issuers will, at BitFunder's sole discretion, be denied access to, or removed from, the site. Issuers will be notified of any additional information needed to demonstrate compliance with BitFunder's requirements.

BitFunder appreciates your understanding in these matters as we move forward.

Sincerely,
BitFunder

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Mr.Coin

Activity: 37
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:45:14 AM

Now that bit-coin is considered money.  Bitfunder is a stock exchange, the government wants to get its greedy hands in the cookie jar.  Hopefully Bitfunder gets all the regulations figured out. 
pascal257

Activity: 493
Merit: 262

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 12:50:19 AM

Why don't we create another 5 threads on this topic, maybe that changes something.
fran2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 02:04:35 AM

Why don't we create another 5 threads on this topic, maybe that changes something.

Link the other ones then.
drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:15:16 AM

Well I am not really sympathetic. I don't live in the USA yet my own investments are being eroded away due to all this drama with your SEC and remember, you voted in your leaders.

You reap what you sow.

I prefer a world where there are no Bitcoins in the USA at all. How awesome would it be if the USA missed out on the cryptographic economy completely while the rest of the world surges ahead?

Time for Bitcoin to grow up and become the worlds economy, excluding the USA of course. I knew all along the USA and its goal to control and know everything was incompatible with Bitcoin.
Doff

Activity: 327
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:21:02 AM

Well I am not really sympathetic. I don't live in the USA yet my own investments are being eroded away due to all this drama with your SEC and remember, you voted in your leaders.

You reap what you sow.

I prefer a world where there are no Bitcoins in the USA at all. How awesome would it be if the USA missed out on the cryptographic economy completely while the rest of the world surges ahead?

Time for Bitcoin to grow up and become the worlds economy, excluding the USA of course. I knew all along the USA and its goal to control and know everything was incompatible with Bitcoin.

Yes, its all of us USA'rs fault, die USA'rs. Stop being stupid, there is no government out there that's doing its people any favors.
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:21:52 AM

Yes, its all of ua USA'rs fault, die USA'rs. Stop being stupid, there is no government out there that's doing its people any favors.

Well most Governments don't try to control the entire world. That is the difference.
hulk

Activity: 392

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:22:50 AM

This sucks, looks like its almost impossible to have any bitcoin securities in USA any more.

pascal257

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:23:00 AM

Link the other ones then.
Well there's the official BitFunder thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130117.0

Then there's the discussion about the exclusion of US citizens: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308012.0 (I guess that's what you're looking for)

Then there's the discussion about Ukyo.Loan regarding the current situation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308053.0

And finally if this problem could also hit havelock: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308018.0
Doff

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:24:33 AM

Yes, its all of ua USA'rs fault, die USA'rs. Stop being stupid, there is no government out there that's doing its people any favors.

Well most Governments don't try to control the entire world. That is the difference.

There is no difference, give your government the power to control the world reserve currency, lets see how long it takes before they are the bully on the block.

bittymitty

Activity: 294

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:25:07 AM

The USD is about to crash hard along with the US economy.

This is what happens to all ponzi schemes sooner or later...

Doff

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:34:13 AM

The USD is about to crash hard along with the US economy.

This is what happens to all ponzi schemes sooner or later...

Agreed, the sooner the better.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:41:44 AM

You reap what you sow.

The SEC isn't the problem. The SEC is in the process of making crowdfunding legal. All this does is clear the way for another group of US companies to set up a regulated exchange.

SecondMarket or Sterlingfunder for example. The best thing to do is pull your coins out of all these exchanges and wait it out. The SEC has nothing to do with people panic selling or with exchanges shutting down and votes have nothing to do with the inaction of the SEC to publish their rules for crowdfunding.
Luckybit

Activity: 714
Merit: 510

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:43:59 AM

Actually that is the function of any government. What do you think the world wars were about?
pascal257

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:47:05 AM

Actually that is the function of any government. What do you think the world wars were about?

Don't the world wars show us that the government should not aim for that?
drawingthesun
Legendary

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:48:10 AM

Actually no, most of the countries involved fought to simply maintain their land. Only a few powers were interested in taking over the world.

The function of any Government is to govern and do right by her people. Obviously no Government in the world actually stands up to this ideal, but some are better than others. I suggest the USA works against its own people every single time making it one of the worst offenders, along with China and Saudi Arabia.
Doff

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 03:05:34 AM

Actually no, most of the countries involved fought to simply maintain their land. Only a few powers were interested in taking over the world.

The function of any Government is to govern and do right by her people. Obviously no Government in the world actually stands up to this ideal, but some are better than others. I suggest the USA works against its own people every single time making it one of the worst offenders, along with China and Saudi Arabia.

The point is were just as mad about it as you are, well those of us that are aware. I'm not happy with what the US is doing any more than you are, but pointing fingers at people in the US and saying Haha I hope you get screwed even more its your fault is pretty childish and naive to say the least.

All of us need to band together. We should be upset mostly at this situation and trying to come together to find a solution so this stops happening to all the exchanges. Blaming governments and their people wont stop the panic selling Smiley
fran2k (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2013, 03:09:32 AM

Well there's the official BitFunder thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=130117.0

Then there's the discussion about the exclusion of US citizens: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308012.0 (I guess that's what you're looking for)

Then there's the discussion about Ukyo.Loan regarding the current situation: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308053.0

And finally if this problem could also hit havelock: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=308018.0

Great. Also it has being discussed in any particular stuff discussion thread that was holded at BitFunder.
viboracecata
Legendary

Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000

Varanida : Fair & Transparent Digital Ecosystem

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 11:01:27 AM

Now that bit-coin is considered money.  Bitfunder is a stock exchange, the government wants to get its greedy hands in the cookie jar.  Hopefully Bitfunder gets all the regulations figured out. 

+1

Maybe you hit the right point

iBuilding A Better Interneti
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

█b
▐█=
║█
██                                         ¡▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄┌
██M                                  ╒▄▄▄▄█▀    ▂▂ ╙▀▀▆▄
██▌                                ╓, ,██╨      ▀▀▀    ╜▀█▌
███                                ▀▀██╙     ▄▄▄▄▄      ╓█L
█ █▌                            ▄▄▄▄█▀          └▀▀▀▀█Φ█▀"
█▌ █▄                            ██▀           ▄█▀
▐▌  ▀▌                       ▀▄██▀            ▄▀
▐█     ▂▂▂                ▄  ▄█▀           ▄▄▀
 █▌  ╙▀▀▀▀▀█▄         ▄   ███▀     ▁▂▃▄▄▄█▀▀
  █▄        █▌    █▄  ██▄█▀        ▔▔╙▀▐█
   █▄       █▌ ▀▀████▀▀▀               ▐▌
    ▀█     █▀                          ▐▌
     ╙█▄  ▄▌                        ╓█ ▐█
       └▀██  ╓▄▄µ╓▄▄µ            ,▄█▀┘  █▌    ▄▄ ╓▄▄µ
         ██▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄       ╓▄▄█▀▀      ▀█▄█▀▀▀██▄╙▀█▄▄
          ▀╙    ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀╙           `      "▀▀  └╙
You Can See Me Now, Hi :}
VARANIDA

▄██   ▄███▄
              ▄███████  ██
              ██    ▀████▀
             ██
  ▄▄  ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▄▄
▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████
▀███████    █████    ███████▀
  ▀█████    █████    █████▀
   ███████████████████████
    █████▄  ▀▀▀▀▀  ▄█████
     ▀█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
        ▀▀█████████▀▀
|Hello Again
GWhitePaperG
GAnn ThreadG
crumbs

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2013, 02:05:50 PM

You reap what you sow.

Let's stifle our emotions for a sec & figure out what we're talking about.
Most of the bitcoin economy revolves around the dollar.  Like so:

Are you saying you wish for The US Dollar to vanish from the bitcoin scene?  If so, the US Government is your friend.  Our government is working, albeit halfheartedly, to stem the influx of USD into the bitcoin economy.  The flourishing bitcoin scam scene is doing the best it can to hurry teh process along.
--====--
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: