Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 04:05:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Dollar valueless, about to crash' - World Bank whistleblower  (Read 5162 times)
tonto

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 09:51:58 PM

im afraid we might loose our means of communicating also. once mobile and internet networks are down - we are back in stone age. except of elite surely.

Get yourself a Baofeng UV-5rtransmitter.  $35 off amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=baofeng+uv-5r&sprefix=baofen%2Caps%2C225, and you can listen/broadcast on several bands, including the popular HAM bands, GMRS, FRS, MURS.  Get one for each member of your family.  Pick a frequency for personal communication and keep tabs on the local HAM freqs/repeaters.

If you don't have a HAM license, then don't broadcast now, just listen, at least the repeaters.  You'll want to listen to the HAMs in a disaster anyway, they're usually the ones coordinating communication between various organizations anyway.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
rbdrbd

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:12:47 PM

From her last response, someone should contact her and get her set up with a bitcoin wallet. Sounds like she could use some help. :-D
TheButterZone
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1031

RIP Mommy

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 10:22:09 PM

im afraid we might loose our means of communicating also. once mobile and internet networks are down - we are back in stone age. except of elite surely.

Get yourself a Baofeng UV-5rtransmitter.  $35 off amazon (http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_6?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=baofeng+uv-5r&sprefix=baofen%2Caps%2C225, and you can listen/broadcast on several bands, including the popular HAM bands, GMRS, FRS, MURS.  Get one for each member of your family.  Pick a frequency for personal communication and keep tabs on the local HAM freqs/repeaters.

If you don't have a HAM license, then don't broadcast now, just listen, at least the repeaters.  You'll want to listen to the HAMs in a disaster anyway, they're usually the ones coordinating communication between various organizations anyway.

This^

Saying that you don't trust someone because of their behavior is completely valid.
safeminer

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 10:23:48 PM

If the dollar would crash this year you'd be better off with some assault rifles, a fresh water supply, and some off-grid shelter.  They'll be nothing orderly about a systemic crash.  People hoping for it are fools.

hehe well I live the Euro zone so no worrys there hehe, only have 1 USD in my pocket
adamstgBit
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1037

Trusted Bitcoiner

View Profile WWW
October 10, 2013, 10:24:31 PM

This^

but but, she said it would be a smooth transition.  Tongue

al.matic

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 10, 2013, 11:52:08 PM

Can you paste summaries? Some people in this world could not open youtube.

Transcript:
http://rt.com/shows/sophieco/world-bank-us-shutdown-820/
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 09:47:48 AM

If the dollar would crash this year you'd be better off with some assault rifles, a fresh water supply, and some off-grid shelter.  They'll be nothing orderly about a systemic crash.  People hoping for it are fools.

hehe well I live the Euro zone so no worrys there hehe, only have 1 USD in my pocket

it wouldnt matter as almost all trade is in usd. most world currencies are tied up to dollar as reserve. the whole world will experience hyperinflation.
Nagan

Activity: 100

Bitcoin is physical

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 10:15:02 AM

Broadcasted on the RT, Putin owned and KGB/FSB propaganda soaked media network...

Bitcoin is physical.
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 12:53:03 PM

Broadcasted on the RT, Putin owned and KGB/FSB propaganda soaked media network...
All the more interesting they are promoting Bitcoin.  Grin
Nagan

Activity: 100

Bitcoin is physical

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:18:50 PM

Putin & co wants disorder for their own dirty purposes, and Bitcoin is useful to them now. They would kick it out of their agenda as soon it's not needed. These mobsters don't care about human liberties, far from it.

Bitcoin is physical.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 01:43:21 PM

Putin & co wants disorder for their own dirty purposes, and Bitcoin is useful to them now. They would kick it out of their agenda as soon it's not needed. These mobsters don't care about human liberties, far from it.

Who cares about their agenda, in a few years bitcoin will become too big to give a shit about any country or their agendas. Just hang on tight, it's going to be a wild ride but in the end it's human liberty that will prevail. I don't think it will be as smooth a transition as Karen Hudes thinks it will be though.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Morbid
Legendary

Activity: 1202
Merit: 1015

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:23:44 PM

to make descent judgement one have to absorb the other side too. american public is now subjected to much more state propaganda than ussr ever had. the thing is, in ussr everybody knew that news were bs and noone really took anything serious back then. though propaganda got extremely sophisticated in the last 50 years or so. the news are not happening anylonger - they are created.
BitChick
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:27:13 PM

to make descent judgement one have to absorb the other side too. american public is now subjected to much more state propaganda than ussr ever had. the thing is, in ussr everybody knew that news were bs and noone really took anything serious back then. though propaganda got extremely sophisticated in the last 50 years or so. the news are not happening anylonger - they are created.

It seems that the media does pump out some propaganda.  Hence why I never watch the news here in the US.  We at least have the ability to watch news from other countries and get on the internet so our freedoms are not entirely usurped.  There is certainly some manipulation though.

1BitcHiCK1iRa6YVY6qDqC6M594RBYLNPo
ronimacarroni

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:37:12 PM

The only completely unbiased news source regarding the government is cspan.
westkybitcoins
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1004

Firstbits: Compromised. Thanks, Android!

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 03:56:06 PM

Great tip. Thanks.

Bitcoin is the ultimate freedom test. It tells you who is giving lip service and who genuinely believes in it.
In the future, books that summarize the history of money will have a line that says, “and then came bitcoin.” It is the economic singularity. And we are living in it now. - Ryan Dickherber
ATTENTION BFL MINING NEWBS: Just got your Jalapenos in? Wondering how to get the most value for the least hassle? Give BitMinter a try! It's a smaller pool with a fair & low-fee payment method, lots of statistical feedback, and it's easier than EasyMiner! (Yes, we want your hashing power, but seriously, it IS the easiest pool to use! Sign up in seconds to try it!)
The idea that deflation causes hoarding (to any problematic degree) is a lie used to justify theft of value from your savings.
balanghai

Activity: 364
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:12:21 PM

Yeah so people can no longer brag that bitcoin has no value because even the dollar is losing its value.
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:35:20 PM

The women is bonkers. I'm not surprised that she no longer works at the World Bank (she was fired). She believes that the Vatican secretly controls the world financial system. She believes the legend that there is 170,000 tons of gold stored in a vault somewhere in Hawaii. By talking about this stuff, she is discrediting herself. She should stick to the corruption that she uncovered at the World Bank -- but she can't because she is bonkers.

I don't know about tons of gold being stored somewhere, it could be true but maybe not. But a lot of what she's saying is absolutely true, not just the corruption going on at the highest level. Don't discredit her just because of a few things that may seem unbelievable to you.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:52:36 PM

I don't know about tons of gold being stored somewhere, it could be true but maybe not. But a lot of what she's saying is absolutely true, not just the corruption going on at the highest level. Don't discredit her just because of a few things that may seem unbelievable to you.

Someone who comes out with things like this:
They are not given the basic information about what is really going on and who is benefiting from the economies that they are being told… they are being told that they have no money, they have taken an entire city, Detroit, and declared it bankrupt. When what’s actually happening is their tax dollars are not even staying in the society, their tax dollars are going by treaty to the United Kingdom, and then they are being transferred to the Vatican, to the bank of the Vatican. This is not a society that is going to be sustainable on any basis, for any reason.

Just sounds plain nuts, so why should I pay any attention to anything else she says?

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
knight22 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1372

--------------->¿?

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 04:56:27 PM

Someone who comes out with things like this:
They are not given the basic information about what is really going on and who is benefiting from the economies that they are being told… they are being told that they have no money, they have taken an entire city, Detroit, and declared it bankrupt. When what’s actually happening is their tax dollars are not even staying in the society, their tax dollars are going by treaty to the United Kingdom, and then they are being transferred to the Vatican, to the bank of the Vatican. This is not a society that is going to be sustainable on any basis, for any reason.

Just sounds plain nuts, so why should I pay any attention to anything else she says?

I suppose you can prove this wrong?

murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
October 11, 2013, 05:30:45 PM

I suppose you can prove this wrong?

If I said that nuclear power stations were actually running on leprechaun juice, and someone said I was wrong, would you ask them to prove it?
She said something nutty, let her prove it.

I can't prove that there aren't tiny pink unicorns at the bottom of your garden, but you know what, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that there aren't anyway.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: